main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The JC Hogwarts House Cup: Version 13 - Game Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by Mara-Jade-Skywalker, Mar 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Hehehehehehehe. [face_devil] 8-} [face_devil] :p

2. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Mara-Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 21, 2000
    *scared* [face_worried]

3. thecleric007

thecleric007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2003
    ACK! *hides from Yodaminch*

4. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    Oh yeah, before I forget...

Slytherin Prefects

Head Prefect: NYCitygurl
    Prefects: CodeName_Targeter
    Mar17swgirl
    jedi_whispers

5. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Hufflepuff House: Prefect discussion is going on at the board. Please take part and post your thoughts. Thank you.

6. Grand_Admiral_Grant

Grand_Admiral_Grant Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 30, 2004
    w00t, the game has started!

Go Gryffindor! :D

7. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Ravenclaw prefects aren't that big of a change, but I'll let you know the final count after everyone votes. *Glares at a few people who haven't voted*.

And Sara stole my icon! :_|

;) :p

8. DarthFisto

DarthFisto Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 15, 2002
    Just letting everybody know, I am going to be out until April 7. I got grounded and I am unable to use the computer. After then, though, I'll be back.

9. JediVegeta

JediVegeta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2000

That bites. Well, hope to see you soon! ;)

Go Slytherin!!!

10. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    It has Ewan in it, Miana. I couldn't resist. [face_blush] :p

11. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Aug 21, 2000
    It's a very pretty icon. :p

So does anyone else have prefects yet? :p

12. Jaina Byrd

Jaina Byrd Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 1999
    Gryffindor Prefects:

AmberStarbright
    ShasaWaterwalker
    jedichef1
    Jaina Byrd

No designated Head Prefect yet.

13. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Hufflepuff Prefects:

Jaina Solo 15
    Amaya_Unduli
    Sara Kenobi

We have no Head Prefect yet but will before the weekend and we're waiting to hear back from a possible 4th Prefect.

14. JediANGELA

JediANGELA Jedi Master star 6

Sep 28, 2002
    i would post this on the hufflepuff boards, but i had a huge family emergency last thursday, and rushed home to NJ, and have been here ever since. ill be back at school sunday, so ill start then, sorry for not responding earlier.

15. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Ravenclaw Prefects

Daughter_of_Yubyub (Head Prefect)
    Miana Kenobi
    The_Standmaiden
    Lank_Pavail

16. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    jediANGELA: that's ok *hugs* hope everything is ok with your family.

17. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    This is so fun so far! I finally have time to do this right!

18. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    I love how they make me Head Prefect when I'm not around to defend myself. :p

19. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Aug 21, 2000
    That's exactly when they have to do it. :p

*hugs for jediANGELA*

20. CodeName_Targeter

Nov 7, 2003
    That's what we always did to Cleric. :p

*hugs for jediAngela*

21. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Hufflepuff House Prefects

Head Prefect Sara Kenobi
    Prefect Jaina Solo 15
    Prefect amaya unduli
    Prefect crystalskye

22. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    RAVENCLAW UPDATE WEEK ONE!

What the? How are we updating first?

Them thingies with da words in dem

Will knowledge of the Wizarding world become common among Muggles at some point? Why or why not? 5 points

They say that nothing lasts forever. And so as it was for childhood and Christmas Morning, so will the events of the Wizarding world become known to Muggles. And I should add that it?s not a question of ?when?, either. It?s more a matter of ?how badly it will impact both worlds.? Because, as we all know, people fear what they don?t understand. And I would think that a society living in secret among them for as long as the wizarding world has would be enough to frighten anyone.

Completed by: TIEPilot051999

Name all of Voldemort?s Horcruxes and where they are/were located. Some of these are given in the books and some should be guessed. 25 points.

1. The Mirror of Erised
    - From Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
    - Heirloom of Rowena Ravenclaw
    - Current location - Room of Doom (from POA DVD) at Hogwarts

2. Tom Riddle's Diary
    - From Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
    - Tom Riddle's 16 year-old self in a memory
    - Current location - With Lucius Malfoy
    - Destroyed by Harry Potter in Chamber of Secrets

3. The Marauder's Map
    - From Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
    - Map of Hogwarts created by Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs
    - Stolen by Peter Pettigrew (circa 1980)
    - Returned to Hogwarts (circa 1983)
    - Current location - Hogwarts

4. Voldemort
    - From Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
    - Reborn from the bone of the father, flesh of the servant and blood of the enemy
    - Cannot be touched until the other horcruxes are destroyed
    - Current location - With his Death Eaters at either Little Hangleton or Spinner's End

5. Salazar Slytherin's Locket
    - From Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
    - Possession went from Merope Gaunt to Borgin and Burkes to Hepzibah Smith and ended up with the Black Family. Taken by Kreacher
    - Current location - Hogsmeade

6. Marvolo Gaunt's Ring
    - From Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
    - Possession of Marvolo Gaunt.
    - Destroyed by Albus Dumbledore when searching the Gaunt House
    - Current location - Hogwarts

7. The Serpent's Veil
    - From Harry Potter and the (Seventh Book)
    - Nagini's shedded snakeskin
    - Worn as a veil by Merope Gaunt at a funeral
    - Nagini's milk helps it from drying out
    - Current location - In the possession of a new character in Book 7

Completed by: Moleman1138

Visions of the Future

Will Voldemort be able to come back as a ghost? Why or why not? 5 points.

Voldemort is going to be not so much with the ghost. He's torn his soul into itty bitty pieces, it's not going to be cohesive enough to stick around when he finally bites it.

Completed by: Daughter_of_Yubyub

Who will be the new Headmaster/Headmistress of Hogwarts? Why? 10 points.

Minerva McGonagall will become the new Headmistress of Hogwarts. She, out of the entire staff, has the most seniority. Also, they want a powerful Witch/Wizard in charge of the castle. McGonagall has proved to be a very skilled witch, and she is very disciplined. She already runs Gryffindor house, so I don?t see why she couldn?t just move up to Headmistress. Besides, when Dumbledore is away in the other books, she?s kinda in charge.

Completed by: Miana Kenobi

Spectres of the Past

Why did Fenrir Greyback just bite Lupin instead of killing him? 5 points.

Fenrir Greyback did not kill Remus Lupin because it would have defeated Greyback's purpose for biting in the first place. When Lupin is explaing to Harry about Greyback, and when he got bitten, he tells Harry that Greyback's philospophy is to bite people when they're young, and raise them away from their families and condition them to hate wizards. Lupin also says that Greyback is hoping to have an army of werewolves one day. If Greyback were to have killed Lup

23. CodeName_Targeter

Nov 7, 2003
    *dies*

This is why I love Ravenclaw.

And aren't updates supposed to come on Sunday since that's when the task list got posted?

24. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Aug 21, 2000

*dies*

25. Jaina Byrd

Jaina Byrd Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 1999
    1. Books

Will knowledge of the Wizarding world become common among Muggles at some point? Why or why not? 5 points

Much like the news found in the Quibbler, there are some truths known to the Muggle world that are simply disregarded as hogwash. As in the case of the Prime Minister, there are instances in which it is imperative to establish a liaison with Muggle society. There are, in addition, either undercover wizards or Squibs positioned in such organizations as British Military Intelligence, the American CIA and FBI and other such institutions. These are positioned in order for there to be a familiar face around if the wizards should require the aid of Muggle society. They also smooth things over in such cases as that of Alastor Moody's repeated offenses.

It is, however, a sad fact that the existence of the wizarding world will not become unlimitedly public knowledge at any point in the foreseeable future. The wizards have disclosed their influence on society in the past, but such things as the Salem Witch Trials, medeival witchhunts and such have persuaded the Ministry of Magic that it would be prudent to remain in its current state. Those who do post-graduate work in Muggle Studies become a sort of missionary/publicist, taking the information on wizarding to those who either need to know or who will believe without prejudice.

DarthIshtar

How exactly does one send a Howler? Does one write or record it? 5 points.

There are three varieties of Howler's.

The first is a standard one, available for four sickles and three knuts. It will deliver a message that all can hear from 50 meters away and then burst into flame. The premium Howler, available for 10 sickles, burns the message in the air as it plays and the flames do not disappear for three standard days. The platinum-level for 10 galleons can set a person on fire, but is not available to those who are not of age. A background check is required at time of purchase.

All three are recorded by the Transvox charm (instructions enclosed), which allows a wizard to imprint his voice on a magical object. The premium requires a Igniscriptores charm as well and a ward against Finito Incantatem. The platinum is recorded only with the aid of a qualified wizard and the spells are not available for experimentation. A Transvox charm allows the user to transfer their message for imprintation.

DarthIshtar

What exactly happened to Umbridge in the forest in OOTP? Please remember that these boards are PG. tongue 5 points.

After being cornered by the centaurs, she attempted to fight them off. When that failed and she had been knocked to the ground, she tried to arrest them. The centaurs are very sensitive, but not murderers, so they chose instead to terrorize her. They bound her with Petrificus Totalus and then trampled every square centimeter next around her body. She suffered no physical damage other than when one overeager foal accidentally kicked her in the side. When the curse wore off, she was offered the opportunity to retract and leave of her own free will, but she attacked instead in a deranged frenzy and was chased out of the realm of the Centaurs. She collapsed in a nervous heap still within the boundaries of the Forest, but Grawp, in a misguided act of compassion, took her to the edge of the Forest, where she was found by Mrs. Norris in a state of shock.

Darthishtar

Can one be an Animagus and a werewolf at the same time? Why or Why not?

I do not believe that one could be both, my reasoning for this is simple to become an Animagus is to chose to change into an animal, the form may already be pre determined or could be inlflueneced by what you want. If you are bitten and therefore become a werewolf yu have no choice at all, you will change at the full moon and it can only be controled by potion's. If you actually studied to become an Animagus it would in my opinion just cause you to transform into the werewolf more often.

<jedichef1>

What

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.