main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The JC Hogwarts House Cup: Version 13 - Game Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by Mara-Jade-Skywalker, Mar 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    *grins* Then my work is complete :) :p

2. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Mara-Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 21, 2000
    Please note the part of the rules where I said that I count tasks that multiple people worked on only once in the total score and individually I add the amount of points the task is worth to the total of each person who worked on it.

It would fall under this:

Repeat Tasks
    If a non-repeatable task is done by more than one person, or if the limit on completed tasks is exceeded, then the first response/the number of the limit will be the amount of points counted into the House's total.

I'll have to rewrite that section to be more clear - I probably cut out something that was actually clear when I was cutting down the criteria because no one reads it or the rules. Maybe I'll make a bulleted list with minimal wordage next time. Then again, I still don't expect people to actually read the rules because NO ONE does.

AAAANYWAYS, nice updates. Slytherin - you do realize that there are 7 more weeks in the game, right? :p

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Amber, you might want to update your sig so that you're a game 13 prefect :)

4. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    *Fixed. :p

5. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Oi, stop stealing my lines :p

But damn! I thought we were all slacking this week. This was meant to be slackers week! I managed to procrastinate all week, I thought everyone else was as well :( Dammit Nat :p

6. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    House Pride

Create a cheer of some sort for your House. May do up to 3. 10 points.
    Huggle, Huggle
    Huffle, Huffle
    Rah, rah, rah
    Puff, puff, puff
    Give us a chance
    We'll show our stuff
    Bow your head
    Walk along
    Don't talk back as we sing our song
    Victory is ours
    Victory is ours
    That cup will belong in our own back yard

Step to the left
    Let our team on through
    You can't beat us because we're going to beat you
    Watch out for flying Badgers please
    Don't say we didn't warn you

Humr (yes, it's spelled that way on purpose)

Create character email addresses that the various HP characters could have should they chose to use email. Examples:
    Harry: boywholoved@edate.com
    Remus: admin@werewolvesanonymous.org
    May do up to 10. 5 points each.

1. Snape the Snake@greeniscool.ca
    2. Potterplease@hewhomustnotbenamed.com
    3. thebigpointedhatman@dumblebeedore.org
    4. redhairedboyseeksfluffyhairedknowitall@weasleyboy.ca
    5. knowitallsmartalec@redismythorn.ca
    6. howltomymoonbaby@bitemyshorts.org
    7. bowbowwow@thegodfatherrules.ca
    8. intensebigmanoncampus@dudthestud.com
    9. scarymagicchick@lookintoyourmind.net
    10. hagridisdaman@thenygiants.com

Sara Kenobi

Will Voldemort be able to come back as a ghost? Why or why not? 5 points.

No. According to Nearly Headless Nick a wizard has to want to stay. I think Voldemort would want to be a ghost, but with all of the horocruxes destroyed (presumably), I don't think he would be able to come back as a ghost without a soul so to speak.

What scenes might be omitted from the HBP movie? Why would they be omitted? May do up to 3. 10 points.

1. The scene where Harry is choosing the players for the House Quidditch team will go. While there is the cute moment where Hermione curses McClaggen for Ron to get the Keeper position, they have been cutting out a lot of the Quidditch scenes. Also besides that not much else takes place in that scene.

2. The scene where Ron and Harry find Ginny making out with Dean. In the book their arguement was neccesary to goad Ron into going out with Lavender, but I think they'll find another way to get Ron to go out with Lavender or they'll just eliminate Ron/Lavender all together.

3. The scene at Harry's Aunt and Uncle's house when Dumbledore comes to get him. It's not important except for in the sense that Dumbledore tells Harry he must come back and they'll probably just elminate that all together.

What are some deleted scenes on the Goblet of Fire DVD or from the book that you think should have been included in the movie? May do up to 5. 15 points each.

1. The scene at the end of the book where Harry gives Fred and George his Tri-Wizard winnings. It sets up the basis for the next book where the twins sell their products to cause havoc with Umbridge and then leave the school to open up their shop.

2. The scene where Viktor asks Hermione to visit him in Bulgaria over the summer. It should be included for two reasons. It would continue the plot thread of Ron being jealous of Krum and set up things for the events of HPB.

3. The scene where it's revealed that Rita Skeeter is an illegal animagus and Hermione traps her in the jar and forced her to stop printing stories. I think it should have been included because it's a great Hermione scene and she and Ron didn't get nearly enough screen time. It would also have been hilarious.

4. The scene during the Yule Ball where Hagrid goes to talk to Madame Maxine and reveals that he was part Giant. It was mentioned during GoF, but they didn't actually reveal that he was part Giant. I think that it should have been mentioned because it will become important in later books and to the further plot.

5. The scene where the trio goes to check on Hagrid after he's locked himself in his hut because everyone found out that he was part Giant. I think it was an important scene because it shows more of Hagrid's relationship with Dumbledore and that would have been a lot of fun to see.

Make a House icon. May have any of the following dime

7. Queen_of_the_Socks

Queen_of_the_Socks Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2004
    Yes, I am perfectly aware of that :p I already have 3 new tasks ready for next week :p

What did I do? O:)

8. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Mara-Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 21, 2000
    I believe the more appropriate question is "What DIDN'T I do?" :p

9. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    Not much, by the looks of it :p I did figure on doing more than two tasks, eventually, but that probably won't be the case, as there aren't many left now :p

10. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Yeah :p

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Sorry, Cobra!! Didn't mean to make you guys look bad . . . That was my second week of break, and I was home sick so I had time. I assure you I won't have nearly as many this week.

Queen_of_the_Socks, they were talking to me :)

11. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    It's not about making us look bad, it's just that I figured we weren't doing anything all week :p

12. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I must have missed that memo . . . :p But that would explain why I did most of the tasks this week . . .

13. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Hey Nat? Ya might want to fix the Slytherin spelling in your sig. ;)

Hey Cobra, in response to that Beast song...

[image=http://www.hoffmanamps.com/Forum/yabbfiles/Smilies/headbanging.gif]

And to ye Slytherins who think you can out-do Ravenclaw's insanity...

BRING IT. :p

14. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    Sorry, I think it's a bit late for any going back on what we've started :p You'll either die laughing or die of horror at the out-of-tuneness :p

But, what were you saying about Me and Mar on a team together, Miana? And with Jenn as well, we're sort of pushing the envelope straight off the edge of the hockey table and into the gaping jaws of a tap dancing crocodile.

15. Queen_of_the_Socks

Queen_of_the_Socks Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2004
    My apologies, no wonder I was so confused. I'm not used to running into other Nats :p

16. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    I'm dutifully procrastinating! *puffs out chest*

:p

17. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    Jolly good :p

Of course, now me and Jenn are doing this, it doesn't count as procrastination. Although we do both sound immensely laid back on the recording so far :p

18. CodeName_Targeter

Nov 7, 2003
    *brings it*

:p

Jenn's goal for this game: See if she get Nicky madder then the Sloshed Stus. :p

19. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    [face_mischief] I still say Bring It.

20. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Do you REALLY want this to turn into a crazy contest?

It's not that I doubt we'll win the crazy contest. The question is: Will Nicky survive?

21. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    Nicky won't survive Game 13 after what I have in store. Oh just a little something I call, ...I'm not going to spoil it. ;) :p

22. CodeName_Targeter

Nov 7, 2003
    Sure. :p The rest of my house is probably going to kill me now. :p

Will Nicky survive? The magic 8-ball says that's questionable.

23. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Thank you so much [:D] I never would have caught that 8-}

Oh, we will [face_devil] Ravenclaw is going down :p

Yeah, me either 8-}

24. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    Master of SlaneTransportLtd, BottledUpInside, mavjade, Bri_Windstar, and Kissa love
    Slythrin Head Prefect
    "Evil! I think this is why the Sorting Hat stuck you in Slytherin." ~jedi_of_ennth
    Serpents for the Cup!!

I agree about the spelling :p

25. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Hah, it's in there twice!! And I can't type . . . 8-} Thanks, both of you :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.