main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The JC Hogwarts House Cup - Version 15 - WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by Mara-Jade-Skywalker, Nov 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Mara-Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 21, 2000
    Welcome to the Fifteenth JC Hogwarts House Cup! A few things out of the way first.

So what exactly is this?
    This is a Harry Potter-based game that is intended for the Potter fans of the JC. If you do not like Harry Potter, please stay out of the signup or game threads unless it is to cheer on your friends or make a positive contribution of some sort. Trolls, spammers, and generally offensive posters in this thread will be promptly reported to a mod and dealt with as necessary. Consider this your warning if you?re thinking about trolling or spamming in this thread.

How does this game work?
    A list of Tasks will be posted on the starting date. Each House has the job of completing as many of those Tasks as it can. The Prefects are the only ones who can post completed Tasks in this thread for the completed Tasks to count. All completed Tasks should be posted all at once on the last update.

Can I become a Prefect?
    There will be 4 prefects per House - 3 'ordinary' prefects and 1 'head prefect.' The Head Prefect will be in charge of posting the final list of completed tasks whenever possible so that there can be less confusion about this. Prefects should also be returning members of their House (they must have played at least once before, though not necessarily in the most recent game) whenever possible. In the event that there aren't enough returning members for 4 Prefects, then first-time players may be elected prefects. However, the Head Prefect must be a returning member since they are, in effect, in charge of their House. No exceptions to this last rule (unless there are no returning members, obviously).

Must I have read all the Harry Potter books to play?
    It's recommended, but it's not necessary. However, some knowledge, however rudimentary, of the Harry Potter world is a must. This is a Harry Potter game; don't think you can play if you know nothing about Harry Potter. You can, however, usually get by if you've only seen the movies, but generally only in areas such as artwork and banner/icon making. The books are considered canon if there's a conflict between the books and movies (not that I forsee this being an issue). Please note that this game will contain spoilers about ANY of the already released books and movies. If you do not wish to be spoiled, either do not play, or try to avoid any references to the above (which may be difficult and I'm not guaranteeing that you won't be spoiled this way).

What are the prizes?
    Please note that you must contribute at least 65 points worth of tasks to your House's final total to receive relevant prizes should you win.

Winning Team
    1 week of House colors
    1 week of a title denoting that you won
    1 custom icon uploaded for a week for the team's use during this week

Head Boy/Girl
    1 week of House colors

2nd Place Head Boy/Girl

The Head Boy/Girl will be the member who contributed the most points worth of Tasks, and does not necessarily have to be from the winning House team. To determine who is Head Boy/Girl, authorship of Tasks must be indicated when they are posted by a Prefect (at the end of the Task simply write 'By [username here]' or some variant of that). I will tally how many points each member contributed and announce the Head Boy/Girl at the same time that I will announce the winning team. If two people work on the same task, they will each get the full amount of the points added into their total (unless it?s specified how the work is split up), but the points will only get added into the House total once.

Who?s scoring?
    I'm scoring. I'm going to follow tradition and use EXCEL on the final update so the only chance of mis-scoring will be if I type the wrong numbers in. You're free to keep your own EXCEL worksheet to check. In fact, I encourage each team to somehow keep track so that they can check for errors on my part. I'm not knowingly trying to cheat you out of points and if

2. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    I can has Procrastinator House?

3. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Green for me :p

4. JediVegeta

JediVegeta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    Slytherin please! :D

5. Darth_Brutus666

Darth_Brutus666 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2006
    Hmmm I'm convinced GO Blue (Though my heart has Scarlet in Gray) Vote me in for Ravenclaw.

6. JediANGELA

JediANGELA Jedi Master star 6

Sep 28, 2002
    Hit me up with Gryffindor!

7. The_Standmaiden

The_Standmaiden Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 28, 2002
    Ravenclaw please!

Woohoo!

8. Darth_Brutus666

Darth_Brutus666 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2006
    wOOt pound it *holds up fist*

9. MariahJSkywalker

MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2005
    Gryffindor for me! GOOOOOOOOOOOO Lions!

10. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Yay! It's back!

Sign me up for Gryffindor!

11. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    SLYTHERIN for me, please. :D

12. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
  13. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I CAN HAS SLOSHED STUS HOUSE! :D

14. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    As I just started working I don't know how much time I'll have but sign me up for Gryffindor again :)

15. jedichef1

jedichef1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2004
    I'll play but not sure how much as I am cheffing again and on reduced internet access, but Go Lions :p

16. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    The one and only HOUSE OF PYTHON, duh! :p

17. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    You've got the wrong colours for that one. :p

18. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    Nah. Procrastinators may use Python, but the green's got everything Python :p

19. Stryker_360

Stryker_360 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 23, 2006
    SLYTHERIN for me please!

20. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    O RLY? o_O As far as I know, only Slytherin has a snake=Python in its coat of arms... [face_mischief]

21. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000

We've been using Python since before you young whipper-snappers started playing the game. :p ;)

22. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    Yeah, but you're not completely Python. I don't think we did a single task last time without something Pythonesque in it :p

You're too busy with silly musicals.

:p

23. Grand_Admiral_Grant

Grand_Admiral_Grant Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 30, 2004
    I didnt use much Python for my tasks. I used Hoff and Beatles. [face_talk_hand]

24. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Well, the Beatles and Python are not too far from each other, are they? :p

25. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    Do I have to pull out the insanity stats again? :p Slytherin is definitely NOT the only house of Python. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.