main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The JC Hogwarts House Cup - Version 16 - Congratulations, Slytherin!

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by NYCitygurl, Jan 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Ditto. :D

Oh, look, Slytherin is still in my sig. [face_laugh]

2. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    It's still in mine, too! [face_laugh] :p

3. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    [face_laugh] Yes, I noticed that, Amber. :p

I'm 99% sure that I'm going to be in my hometown for the entire summer (minus a week), so a summer game would be totally fine with me since I won't have Internet connection difficulties. A fall game works too. Any game works, really. :D

4. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    I'm up for anytime, though whether I'll be as useful as last time depends on whether I get this job or not :p

5. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    I'd actually prefer a middle to late summer start date. I'm in the middle of my exams period and won't be free until the beginning of July... I'll play anyway, but this would be the best time for me. :)

6. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I probably won't play next round. Too busy.

7. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Awww, Rachel. :(

In that case, Nat, you can just declare us winners again... :p If Ravenclaw lose a crucial player... :p

Also, on a slightly different note... Have you guys seen the photos from the shooting of the Epilogue? The aged main cast look so... weird! [face_laugh] Well, they're aged rather well, but I find the whole thing hilarious. :p Ron's the best, by far. [face_laugh]

8. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Wow...that looks just...bad. [face_laugh]

9. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    I've just realised that the old Draco looks a lot like Jaroslav Halak, the Slovak ice hockey goalkeeper for Montreal Canadiens! :oops: [face_laugh] 8-}

10. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Any other date suggestions? Right now it seems like a July game, with a little in June and a little in August, will fit everyones' schedules okay, even if people will miss a couple weeks at the beginning/middle.

11. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    Yay! Summer game!

As far as points go - I think that fanfics need a point boost. They take a lot of effort on behalf of their creators and were often only fifteen points more than other writing tasks that took much less time.

12. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Well, I'd really prefer a later date, say, starting the game sometime in the middle of July, and I know Idri would prefer that, too...

But of course, if the majority wants to start soon, then we'll have to comply. :p

13. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Idri said above any time. It looks like the majority is good with a summer game, so since that works best for me getting final points up at a reasonable time :p I think that's what's going to happen.

A game from June 26 to August 14 is what I'm thinking, which means signups would start next week. (Let me know if one of those dates is a holiday or something and I can adjust a little).

In the meantime, if anyone has futher point suggestions (or task suggestions, though I'd advise sending those via PM :p ), this is the place to discuss!

14. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Yes, I did say that, Nat, but it's been a while since I posted my opinion and I changed my mind. :p When I was thinking about the start of a new game, I kind of got some mental exhaustion going on... it's still soon after the last game start, I haven't finished de-Potterizing yet. :p I think I would prefer a later game (like starting in August-ish). :)

Of course, if everyone wants an earlier game, like Mar says, we must comply, I'm just a little HP-energy drained thinking about the game to get into another 7-week game. :p

15. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    Ah, yes, the craziness of the HC, I remember it well. :p Work will get in the way anytime with me, so I'm happy to play whenever the masses decide. :)

EDIT: Actually, on second thought, if the game does end up starting later, I'd prefer it to not be ending on the first week of September. I've got a week-long intensive writer's conference I'll be attending away from home that week so I wouldn't be able to participate in the final week's madness at all, which is kinda half the fun. 8-} So yeah, as long as the final week doesn't fall between the 1st-8th September, I'll be happy with whatever you guys choose. :D

16. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I think I'm going to stick with it as it is, since most people are okay with all or most of the game time.

17. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Can't you at least move it a week or two later?

18. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I can check - just don't want to move it so it bumps up against school starting.

19. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    A week or two later would probably be good. August 14 is during CV, and would not be a good ending date for anyone planning on going.

20. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Ah, forgot about CV 8-}

Okay, how about July 3 to August 21? Moves it later a week but doesn't bump up against school starting.

21. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Sounds good to me. :)

22. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Okay, good :) I'll wait another week to start signups, then.

And - I forgot to say earlier - I am going to bump up points for fanfic and art (I think art was the other thing people said had too few points).

23. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    The tasks themselves as a whole have too little points. The whole point of the game now is to do the unlimited tasks and that's no fun.

Also, I will be out for the next game so I'm going to need someone to step in and run Hufflepuff. The timing of the game does interfere with my start of school so its just not worth it for me if I have to miss the last several weeks of the game with C5 and then school starting.

24. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Maybe bump the unlimiteds down to 2 points or something like that?

25. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Yeah, I think Unlimiteds down to 2 points should do the trick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.