main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Census The JC Hogwarts House Cup - Version 17 - Congratulations, Gryffindor!! -- Game 18 dates announced!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by NYCitygurl, Jun 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Whether you finish or not, I'm still proclaiming you part of the Slytherin Sainthood. :p You're writing the five chapters I couldn't. [face_laugh]

2. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    And Ravenclaw do this type of thing every game. Don't envy them at all :p

3. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    I keep getting the feeling like when I have an essay due at 8:00 in the morning and I've stayed up all night and I only have a few hours left before I have to click the submit button...

... except that essay stuff's a lot, a lot, a lot worse. 8-} Obviously. :-B

4. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    I no longer have feeling. My brain is numb.

5. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Oh dear. We've managed to induce Task Shock. [face_plain]

:p

6. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    Finally done. 10235 words in 20 hours. Not bad for me...

*collapses*

7. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    Final Gryffindor Update

Books

Give a quote from any of the books that is so integral to the plot that taking it out would make the books no longer be the same? Explain the reasoning behind your choice. May do up to 3. 15 points.

?Your mother died to save you. If there is one thing Voldemort cannot understand, it is love.?

This quote is such a key reoccurring theme within the book. Without it, we would still be left to speculate how an infant survived the Dark Lord. I think it's pretty key that the one thing Voldemort will never understand is love and friendship. His brain just doesn't grasp it and thus he underestimates its power. It just wouldn't be the same if his mother's sacrifice lacked meaning.

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore

This was a key lesson that Harry needed to learn. Without grasping this knowledge he would have struggled more each time he was stuck facing a Dementor or Voldemort. Lacking the ability to find the light within would have meant the demise of those he cared for and maybe even his own. Dumbledore is the wisdom giver which Harry soaks up every word from.

"He'll be famous -- a legend -- I wouldn't be surprised if today was known as Harry Potter day in the future -- there will be books written about Harry -- every child in our world will know his name!" - McGonagall

So, aside from the fact that this quote almost feels like a fourth wall breach since we are reading books written about Harry. There is the whole element that he did become famous. The entire wizarding world knew of him before he even knew that he was a wizard. It also gives part of the reasoning for why it was chosen for Harry to be raised among Muggles. Without this quote (and the surrounding conversation) we would have been left to wonder what the reasoning for abandoning the hero of the wizarding world to a family who wants nothing to do with him.

-Earwen_Lightrider

Which of the characters who died in Book 7 would you have spared? Why? How would the overall storyline be affected by this change? 10 points.

I would have spared Tonks. My reasoning behind this is simple, in creating the HP universe she took away Harrys parents for a very specific reason, however unless she has major plans for Teddy I think she could have at least spared his mother. I don?t think the story line would have changed majorly, I agreed with the last of the Marauders dying as it gave symmetry to the overall plot, but I did not think she had to take away both and deny Teddy a ?normal? upbringing.

Jedichef1

Which of the Weasley children would you have killed and why? 10 points.

For the same reason I would have spared Tonks I would have killed George. Why I would have done this is simple, I would have spared George the loss of Fred and killed them together fighting side by side the way that they had worked together for all of their lives, in each of their ventures they worked together and I would have spared either of them the loss of their twin by killing them off together.

Jedichef1

What happened to Kreacher and Number 12, Grimmauld Place after the events of the Deathly Hallows? 15 points. Task suggestion by Mar17swgirl

I believe number 12 Grimmauld place would have been used by Harry and friends as a place to stay when in need, I think Harry and co would have tried to clean up some of the darker aspects of the house and Kreacher would have helped. However I believe Harry would have offered freedom to Kreacher which I doubt he would have accepted and he would have split his time between Harry, Hogwarts and the Weasleys, helping to restore order to their lives.

Jedichef1

Describe the magical properties of any potions ingredient or other object in the HP-verse. May do up to 10 and may make up magical properties as desired. 5 points.

Describe the magical properties of any potions ingredient or other object in the HP-vers

8. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Interrupting her update to say that I forgot to code the unlimited so it's gonna take me a few more minutes.

9. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    Final Gryffindor Update

Movies

What scenes might be omitted from the Deathly Hallows movies? Why would they be omitted? May do up to 5. 10 points.

Where would you split the Deathly Hallows book to divide it for the movies and why? 5 points.

I would divide the film at Godrics Hollow. My reasoning for this is it gives the film an exciting climax, a battle for Harry?s life and a flash into Voldemort?s history and the deaths of Lily and James, setting up the next film and the climax of the series.

Jedichef1

If you could give one HP actor an award, who would it be and why? 15 points.

If I were to give one of the actors an award it would be Alan Rickman for his portrayal of Severus Snape. He not only plays the character exactly as Rowling describes him in the books, but he plays in with such a depth. You can really see past the cold exterior to the hurt man Snape really is.

-LilyHobbitJedi

If you could redo one movie, which would it be? Why? 15 points.

Half Blood Prince, seriously how could so much be left out and where to start.
    The memories, they have only put in the bare minimum, how is Harry going to deduce what the Horcruxs are, he has no idea about the Cup or the Diadem, where is he going to get the inspiration from? Also why was the line from Snape at the end taken out? Its hi last piece of teaching and advice before knowing he will not get a chance to help Harry again before the end, there is just to much important information left out for me.

Jedichef1

What omitted scenes do you think should have been in the movies? Why? May do up to 10. 10 points.

Write a review of any of the Harry Potter movies. May do up to 6 (one for each movie). 20 points.

Create a promotional poster for either of the last two movies. May do up to 3 total. 25 points.

[image=http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii90/NataLekku/HouseCup/HP7promo1.jpg]

[image=http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii90/NataLekku/HouseCup/HP7promo2.jpg]

[image=http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii90/NataLekku/HouseCup/HP7promo3.jpg]

-Earwen_Lightrider

If you could recast any character, who would you have play the character and why? May do up to 10. 10 points.

10. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    Final Gryffindor Update

Things That Were

Create short biographies for fictional members of the original Order of the Phoenix. May do up to 10. 15 points.

Fiona Phanta - A peculiar witch who avoided the spotlight at all costs. Her mission was to infiltrate the Death Eaters and try to destroy them from the inside. She did very well causing strife within for the first month and then all communication was lost. It is uncertain as to whether she was found out or swayed to evil. Her family still morns her loss.

Delilah Vanik - A Hufflepuff student a year ahead of Ardy. Her speed was unmatched on a broom. She boldly fought Death Eaters until a particular nasty spell left her blind and without the use of her right hand. She has decided to live out her old age in peace, as far away from trouble as she can get.

Ardy Nak - A feisty spirit with courage to match. She excelled as a beater on the Quidditch field. She and Nata were Gryffindor buddies. She took out seven Death Eaters for the Order before her life was terminated.

Nata Li - A brave and klutzy gal who was a year ahead of James Potter in the Gryffindor house. Her heart was always in the right place, unfortunately her coordination never was. She fell victim to the first Death Eater she came across.

Shelli Fenwick - Benji Fenwicks' cousin. Presumed dead as other order members recall her travelling with Benji. Her body was never recovered. She was in the same year as Lily and James at Hogwarts. A former member of the Ravenclaw house.

Nevan Ukege - A former Slytherin student who fought against the Dark Lord. Nevan studied the Dark Arts and how best to defend against it obsessively. He fought on in revenge for the death of his fiancé, Nata Li. He managed to face Voldemort and survive twice, before falling victim to the Dark Lord.

Nivek Namirr - A Gryffindor who showed first year, Sirius Black, the ropes. He had a knack for causing mischief. When the call came out to join the Order, Nivek immediately volunteered to offer his services. He humiliated several Death Eaters before meeting his end.

Edi Kipper - A hardworking, Hufflepuff a few years ahead of James Potter at Hogwarts. He did his best to stay at the top of his classes and thus earned the attention of Dumbledore. When Dumbledore put out the call, Edi was right there to help. He sacrificed himself in a spell that took out half a dozen Death Eaters.

Jasper Krantz - Attended Hogwarts as a Hufflepuff student the same year as Edi. Jasper had a knack for predicting the moves of others. His skills were incredibly valuable to the Order. Jasper was the mind behind several of the battles against the Death Eaters. One morning his wife found him dead, traces of poison still lingered in his system.

Jaci Trai - A resourceful witch with a knack for thinking outside the box. She and Dumbledore had been classmates. She was a registered animangus and useful in her raven form as a spy. However, she was found out and a curse was placed on her that prevented her from resuming her human form. She watches over Hogwarts from the forbidden forest to this day.

-Earwen_Lightrider

Create short biographies for fictional former headmasters of Hogwarts. May do up to 5. 15 points.

Bradley Weasley
    Bradley Weasley, like much of the Weasley family, was born in a humble home with many brothers and sisters. Like his descendents Fred and George Weasley, he enjoyed practical jokes and magical pranks. During his time as the Hogwarts Headmaster, he turned Hogwarts into a practical joke school, adding classes about pranking to the class list. He was a very talented prankster, however, he died very young when a particularly dangerous prank backfired, killing him.

Sniggly
    Sniggly was famous for being the most violent of all Hogwarts' Headmasters. He was a Troll, and how he managed to become the Headmaster of Hogwarts no one could ever quite figure out. He added things like "ax murdering" and "sword fighting" to the class list, and was expelled

11. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    Final Gryffindor Update

Things To Come

Now that Voldemort is dead, will the curse of the Defense Against the Dark Arts professor be lifted? 5 points.

Yes, I believe that when Harry protected all of the students and wizards who were facing up to Voldemort he broke this curse as well, as it was a curse being fuelled by Voldemorts hatred and vindictive nature, all of which failed to work after Harry sacrificed himself to save others.

Jedichef1

What will happen to a Hogwarts students not mentioned in the epilogue? May do up to 5. 5 points.

Dean Thomas - After graduating from Hogwarts, Dean went on to become a famous artist. His art was praised in both Muggle and Wizardly circles. He is currently attempting to court Luna Lovegood, despite Seamus' assertions that Luna is in love with Neville.

Seamus Finnigan - Went on to become a very successful business man. He is so successful that he now owns his favorite Quidditch team, the Kenmare Kestrals. He enjoys many expensive hobbies as well as mocking Dean's courtship.

Eddie Carmichael - This former Ravenclaw student went on to make a fortune in his black market dealings of Baruffio's Brain Elixir and other potions to wizard student's worldwide fearing upcoming exams.

Cho Chang - Eventually married Micheal Corner. She is now the mother of twins, Maria & Ette. She is currently negotiating a book deal for a book entitled, My Fling With Lightning.

Micheal Corner - Married Cho Chang after convincing her that Harry Potter was never going to ditch Ginny. He secretly followed Ginny's Quidditch career and has saved every article that mentions her name.

-Earwen_Lightrider

Will Percy Weasley ever become Minister of Magic? 5 points.

No I do not believe that Percy will ever be Minister of Magic. My reasons for this are similar to the reasons Dumbledore never became Minister, some people can not handle power and responsibility and Percy has proven this time and again, only realising this himself when it was almost to late, he will not make the same mistake again.

Jedichef1

What will happen to Cornelius Fudge? 5 points.

I think Fudge would have gone into a very quiet and sombre retirement. I think that Kingsley would have thanked him for the assistance, help and service he gave and then he would have been politely shown the door.

Jedichef1

Create a fictional future for any of the main characters. May do up to 5. 10 points.

Ron "The Terminator" Weasley
    After the last book, Ron went on to become a professional wrestler known as the Terminator. He married Hermione, which was fortunate for him, because he only got dumber as people started hitting him in the head. He never lost a match though, even though he often went in the ring with a black eye because he forgot an important date. (Important to Hermione, that is. Like an anniversary. Or birthday. Or holiday.)

Harry Potter
    After Hogwarts, Harry was working as an auror when a dark wizard cast a spell on him turning him into a puppet. He went on to create and animate several more puppets, and then star in the YouTube sensation, Potter Puppet Pals, which can still be found on the popular website today.

Severus Snape
    Severus Snape was brought back from the dead by a dark wizard hoping to learn as much as he could from the former-death-eater. However, zombie-Severus wanted no part in the dark arts, and went on to terrorize many villages, because not many people are tolerant of zombies these day. To this day he roams the wizarding community and calls out to the people, only to be chased with pitchforks and torches.

Neville Longbottom
    Superhero by day, tag-team partner to Ron "The Terminator" Weasley by night. Neville is known as "Peanut Man" during the day, but at night he's known as "The Geek," as he plays his part in taking down Ron's opponents in the wrestling wring. When he was a student, Neville never would have dreamed that something like this would be po

12. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    Final Gryffindor Update

House Pride

Make a House motto. Note: this must be either a direct or slightly modified quote from any of the seven HP books. You may also use a funny description of your HC team. ie: ?We have more inside jokes than a pack of cheerleaders.? 5 points.

"We must try not to sink beneath our tasks, Harry, but battle on." - modified Albus Dumbledore quote from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

-Earwen_Lightrider

Create a cheer of some sort for your House. May do up to 3. 10 points.

We are Gryffindor!
    To the sky we will soar!
    Hear our lion roar!

RRRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRR!

So grab your seat
    And await your defeat!
    For Gryffindor can't be beat!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Tis Gryffindor,
    That we adore,
    With points and points and points galore!

No finer house,
    Could we espouse,
    Let's hear it for the bravest house!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Gallant (echo)
    Risk takers
    Young (echo)
    Fearless (echo)
    Firm in our beliefs
    Intrepid (echo)
    Noble-minded
    Dauntless (echo)
    Out-of-the-box thinkers
    Resolute

Go Gryffindor!

- Earwen_Lightrider

Write a short poem expounding on your House?s merits and why it is better than the other Houses. It should be at least 10 lines long and may be up to 50. 1 point for each line.

Go Gryffindor, of the red and the gold
    Home of the brave and the bold
    We know how to rock it in style
    And get through that big homework pile
    You see, we know we're some of the best
    Best, better than the rest
    Why, you ask; the answer is this
    The Snitch, our Seeker does not miss
    We have brains, we have smarts
    We don't delve into the Dark Arts
    We have friends, we have fun
    Your house is not the only one
    We don't have huge egos about our brains
    We are down-to-earth and mostly sane
    We have a a truly lively lot
    So leave your griping about us at home, you sots!
    The lion is our mascot, our rallying cry
    In the classroom, with our combined knowledge your brains we will fry
    Our points will go up and yours will go down
    We will give you a reason to frown
    We have some of the brightest and the best
    Completing homework and aceing all tests
    There is nothing wrong with our work ethic
    Even though you might think some of us are pathetic
    And that we want fame
    But for that, Slytherin is to blame
    We accept all from any walk of life
    We don't let that turn into internal House strife
    Our brains are nice and mixed
    So no student gets nixed
    Out of Gryffindor, that awesome land
    Of "Yes We Can!"
    You might see our people on the front page some day
    And then you will see why our policies pay
    But you might still be thinking that Gryffindor, home of the brave and the bold
    The keepers of the red and the gold
    May not be for you
    We'll settle this on the Quidditch pitch and in the classroom
    And we'll show you why we're Gryffindor, home of the brave and the bold
    Keepers and believers in the red and gold.

-JEDIGUNSHIP

Give reasons (at least 4) that Neville Longbottom should have been in your House. 15 points.

1. The Sorting Hat's decision should not be questioned.
    2. He was very brave to stand up to his friends.
    3. He comes from a line of brave wizards.
    4. He shows courage in standing for his convictions.

-Earwen_Lightrider

Create a Chocolate Frog card (can be just text) for any member of your House Cup team. May do up to 2. 15 points.

Frog Card of QueenArdnassak
    [image=http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii90/NataLekku/HouseCup/CFCArdy.jpg]

Frog Card of DarthHelinith
    [image=http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii90/NataLekku/HouseCup/chfrogdh.jpg]

-Earwen_Lightrider

Create a House banner (usual banner size). May be moving or animated. May do up to 20. 40 points.

[Note: Copying banner size of 950 x 110 pixels from "Style: 6210, Main Banner: 2010 - Carbon Freeze (Hogan)" banner.]

[image=http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii90/NataLekku/HouseCup/SHBanner1.jpg]

[image=http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii90/NataLekku/HouseCu

13. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    EDIT: WHOOPS FORGOT A SECTION

Final Gryffindor Update

Humr (yes, it's spelled that way on purpose)

Make up some completely random and canonically impossible romantic pairings and explain just why they are so unlikely to happen. And ?It's just not possible/it's just wrong? is not a good answer.
    For example: Hermione/Giant Squid because the Squid is a loner and Hermione thinks seafood is gross. 5 points each. May do up to 5.

Lord Voldimort/Hedwig because owls eat snakes and hedwig is white which is a symbol of goodness and pureness.
    Wormtail/Hedwig because owls hunt rats and wormtail prefers being underground as opposed to flying.
    Ron/Ginny because Ron is sick of ginger heads and Ginny can't stand freckles.
    Gilderoy Lockheart/The Basalisk because The Basalisk doesn't pay any attention to people who can't speak pascel tongue and emerald green scales doesn't suit Gilderoy Lockheart complexion.
    Dumbledore/Buckbeak because Buckbeak is quick to anger and Dumbledore hasn't got room for a Hippogriff in his office.

-darthhelinith

Create character email addresses that the various HP characters could have should they chose to use email. Examples:
    Harry: boywholoved@edate.com
    Remus: admin@werewolvesanonymous.org
    May do up to 7. 5 points each.
    Suggested by Blue_Ice-Green_Fire.

Ron: plungerkisser@wonwon.com
    Hermione: knowitall101@witchprogidy.net
    Hagrid: keeperofkeys@forbiddenforest.com
    Draco: purebredmoneybags@iwannabeadeatheater.com
    Neville: passwordforgetter@forgettersanonymous.net
    Sirius: blackdog14@ledzeppelinfans.net
    Voldemort: supremeevilmastermind@egocentricmaniacs.com

- JEDIGUNSHIP

Write a new educational decree (similar to Umbridge's, but funny). May do up to 7. 10 points.

PROCLAMATION.
    EDUCATIONAL DECREE
    NO. 37
    ANY STUDENT CAUGHT DISOBEYING EDUCATIONAL DECREES WILL BE FORCED TO POSE AS A CAT USING POLYJUICE POTION FOR THE HEADMISTRESS' NEWEST KITTY PLATE.
    PASSED BY:
    CORNY DELICIOUS FUDGE
    MINISTER FOR MAGIC DELECTABLES

PROCLAMATION.
    EDUCATIONAL DECREE
    NO. 38
    ANY STUDENT CAUGHT ANNOYING THE HEADMISTRESS WILL RECEIVE A DISCOUNT FOR WIZARD WEASLEY WHEEZES.
    PASSED BY:
    CORNY DELICIOUS FUDGE

PROCLAMATION.
    EDUCATIONAL DECREE
    NO. 39
    ANY STUDENT CAUGHT STICKING PENNIES IN THE DOOR FRAME OF UMBRIDGE'S OFFICE WILL RECEIVE THE HONORARY TITLE "HERO OF THE CAUSE."
    PASSED BY:
    CORNY DELICIOUS FUDGE

PROCLAMATION.
    EDUCATIONAL DECREE
    NO. 40
    ANY STUDENT CAUGHT STUDYING FOR MORE THAN 5 MINUTES WILL BE SENT TO ORGANIZE THE EXTRA COPIES OF THE MONSTER BOOK OF MONSTERS EACH EVENING.
    PASSED BY:
    CORNY DELICIOUS FUDGE

PROCLAMATION.
    EDUCATIONAL DECREE
    NO. 41
    IF YOU SO MUCH AS LOOK AT ANOTHER STUDENT YOU WILL BE SENT TO SHINE THE HEADMISTRESS' SHOES.
    PASSED BY:
    CORNY DELICIOUS FUDGE

PROCLAMATION.
    EDUCATIONAL DECREE
    NO. 42
    THOSE WHO KNOW THE MAGIC OF THIS NUMBER ARE ASKED TO REMAIN IN THE DINNING HALL AFTER DINNER. DON'T FORGET YOUR TOWEL!
    PASSED BY:
    CORNY DELICIOUS FUDGE

PROCLAMATION.
    EDUCATIONAL DECREE
    NO. 37
    ALL DECREES SIGNED BY CORNY DELICIOUS FUDGE ARE UNOFFICIAL AND SHALL NOT BE FOLLOWED.
    PASSED BY:
    DELORES UMBRIDGE
    HEADMISTRESS

-Earwen_Lightrider

Create a Peeves song about a character. Must be at least 15 lines long. May do up to 5. 15 points.

What are some of the perks of being a Hogwarts professor? May do up to 20. 5 points each.

1. Easy grading. Instead of having to go through each test individually, you can let a magic corector do it for you.
    2. Television in your room. When you get frazzled during the course of a day, you can retire to your room and watch some Muggle TV for entertainment.
    3. Faculty Parties. Who says professors can't have a little fun, too? Includes punch and random games.
    4. Getting Peeves to respect you . . . for the most part.
    5. You can be late to class and no

14. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Waiting for Gryffindor to finish posting...

15. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    I really need to go to bed, so I'm butting in. Sorry for interrupting the flow of things, Gryffindor. :(

[b][color=silver][hl=darkgreen]THE FINAL UPDATE[/hl][/color][/b]

[b][color=silver][hl=darkgreen]SLYTHERIN?S BOOKS[/hl][/color][/b]

[b]Give a quote from any of the books that is so integral to the plot that taking it out would make the books no longer be the same? Explain the reasoning behind your choice. May do up to 3. 15 points.[/b]

[b]?There you go,? [James] said, as Snape struggled to his feet. ?You?re lucky Evans was here, Snape??
    ?I don?t need help from filthy little Mudbloods like her!?
    Lily blinked.
    ?Fine,? she said coolly. ?I won?t bother in the future. And I?d wash your pants if I were you, [i]Snivellus.?[/i] (Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 28)[/b]

Snape?s story is the undercurrent of the entire series ? if Snape had acted in different ways, then Harry?s life would have been very different. His relationship with Lily Evans was at the centre of most of his actions, which is why I?ve singled out this quote from OOTP. Though we don?t know it at the time, Lily was Snape?s best friend (and love interest) ? up until this moment. Then it all falls apart as he calls her a ?Mudblood? (and you can see her visibly shocked in this quote, though until all the pieces are placed together, it is difficult to understand what the line ?Lily blinked? means) and as we see in the Pensieve scenes from Deathly Hallows, Lily doesn?t forgive him for it. If Snape hadn?t called Lily a Mudblood, then this scene would have ended differently. They would have stayed friends ? and they remained friends, I doubt Snape would have joined the Death Eaters. Without Snape acting as a double agent, Voldemort?s plans and Dumbledore?s choices to counteract them would have gone very differently. With Snape gone, a different Death Eater would have been chosen to do the things he did. Who is to say that Snape?s replacement would have heard the same half of the Prophecy Snape did? Or maybe his replacement would have heard all of it ? or none at all? On the extreme end of things, who is to say that Lily would have dated and married James if Snape had remained her friend? Harry?s life has irrevocably been shaped by Snape?s actions. These lines from OOTP shows the exact moment that eventually caused Snape to join the Death Eaters in the first place ? the destruction of his friendship with Lily, and Lily essentially turning on him to join James (as she calls Snape by the same awful nickname James has given him).

[b]?Severus??
    The sound frightened Harry beyond anything he had experienced all evening. For the first time, Dumbledore was pleading.
    Snape said nothing, but walking forwards and pushed Malfoy roughly out of the way. The three Death Eaters fell back without a word. Even the werewolf seemed cowed.
    Snape gazed for a moment at Dumbledore, and there was revulsion and hatred etched in the harsh lines of his face.
    ?Severus? please??
    Snape raised his wand.
    [i]?Avada Kedavra!?[/i] (Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 27)[/b]

If anything, JKR is a master of misdirection. The first time you read this scene, if you aren?t too busy pulling an ?OMG, Snape killed DUMBLEDORE!!!!? stunt, you?ll be firmly wrapped up in the ?proof? that ?Snape is evil.? If you look over the passage, words like ?Dumbledore pleading?, ?revulsion?, ?hatred etched in the harsh lines of his face? all have a ?Snape hates Dumbledore, Snape is evil? ring to them. But the fact of the matter is that we are seeing things through Harry?s eyes ? and also, every word has multiple meanings in different situations. I believe that all the descriptions of Snape?s actions in this scene are correct ? Harry just doesn?t yet understand why Snape acts the way he does, and therefore the reader doesn?t, either. I have always been in the ?Snape is good? camp, so I had a gut feeling that there was something else going on in this scene. Of course, once we have all of the information from Deathly Hallows, this scene makes sense. Snape does have visible hatred and revulsion ? hatred for being force

16. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    Final Gryffindor Update

Creative Spirit

Create alternate titles for any of the books. For instance, the seventh could be ?Harry Potter and the End of Voldemort? or something. Must accurately fit the book. (Please note which book the title is for, and please number your entries.) 2 points. UNLIMITED
    HPSS
    1 500 Reasons Why Professor Snape is Evil - QueenArdnassak
    2 Bloody Hell: Harry Potter Year One - JEDIGUNSHIP
    3 Dumbledore Sees Socks in the Mirror - JEDIGUNSHIP
    4 Hagrid Destroys the Dursley?s Shotgun - JEDIGUNSHIP
    5 Hagrid Gives Dudley a Pig Tail - JEDIGUNSHIP
    6 Hagrid is Certainly a Good Tour Guide to Diagon Alley - JEDIGUNSHIP
    7 Harry Likes to Sit in Gardens and Think - JEDIGUNSHIP
    8 Harry Potter and Another Moving Brick in the Wall - JEDIGUNSHIP
    9 Harry Potter and Dumbledore?s Secret - JEDIGUNSHIP
    10 Harry Potter and Filch's Preferred Method of Detention Punishment - JEDIGUNSHIP
    11 Harry Potter and Friends Meet Fluffy - JEDIGUNSHIP
    12 Harry Potter and Hagrid?s Wild Ride - JEDIGUNSHIP
    13 Harry Potter and How Hagrid Shut Malfoy Up - JEDIGUNSHIP
    14 Harry Potter and How He Managed to Trash Olivander's Shop - JEDIGUNSHIP
    15 Harry Potter and How Hermione Saves Ron?s Life - JEDIGUNSHIP
    16 Harry Potter and How His Friends Set Him Up for the Final Fight - JEDIGUNSHIP
    17 Harry Potter and How Neville?s Bravery Won the House Cup- JEDIGUNSHIP
    18 Harry Potter and How the Dursleys Try to Keep Him Away from Magic - JEDIGUNSHIP
    19 Harry Potter and Malfoy Work Together for Once - JEDIGUNSHIP
    20 Harry Potter and Malfoy?s Lame Tree Frog Taunts - JEDIGUNSHIP
    21 Harry Potter and Platform 9 3/4 - Earwen_Lightrider
    22 Harry Potter and Snape?s Threat to Be a Quidditch Referee - JEDIGUNSHIP
    23 Harry Potter and the Abundance of Flying in Year One - JEDIGUNSHIP
    24 Harry Potter and the Amount of Courage it Takes to Try Bertie Botts? Every Flavor Beans - JEDIGUNSHIP
    25 Harry Potter and the Baby Dragon - JEDIGUNSHIP
    26 Harry Potter and the Beginning of His Life Through Age 11 - JEDIGUNSHIP
    27 Harry Potter and the Beginning of the Scar Burnings - JEDIGUNSHIP
    28 Harry Potter and the Bent Shotgun - JEDIGUNSHIP
    29 Harry Potter and the Birthday That Changed Everything - Earwen_Lightrider
    30 Harry Potter and the Bludger Shot Heard ?Round the Castle - JEDIGUNSHIP
    31 Harry Potter and the Break-in at Gringott?s - JEDIGUNSHIP
    32 Harry Potter and the Butter Mellow Spell - JEDIGUNSHIP
    33 Harry Potter and the Calling of Destiny - QueenArdnassak
    34 Harry Potter and the Cascade of Lost House Cup Points - JEDIGUNSHIP
    35 Harry Potter and the Centaur - JEDIGUNSHIP
    36 Harry Potter and the Checkmate that Won the Match - JEDIGUNSHIP
    37 Harry Potter and the Christmas Sweater - JEDIGUNSHIP
    38 Harry Potter and the Cowardly Dog - JEDIGUNSHIP
    39 Harry Potter and the Crowd Who Knows Him - JEDIGUNSHIP
    40 Harry Potter and the Curious Omen from Ollivander - JEDIGUNSHIP
    41 Harry Potter and the Cursed Unicorn's Blood - JEDIGUNSHIP
    42 Harry Potter and the Detention with Malfoy - JEDIGUNSHIP
    43 Harry Potter and the Dragon Smuggling Operation - JEDIGUNSHIP
    44 Harry Potter and the Ear Wax Flavored Bean - JEDIGUNSHIP
    45 Harry Potter and the Enchanted Harp - JEDIGUNSHIP
    46 Harry Potter and the End-of-Year House Cup Points ? JEDIGUNSHIP
    47 Harry Potter and the Evil Turban Uprising - JEDIGUNSHIP
    48 Harry Potter and the fact that Mars Bars don?t exist in the Magical World - JEDIGUNSHIP
    49 Harry Potter and the Family Secret - QueenArdnassak
    50 Harry Potter and the Fellowship of Wands - Earwen_Lightrider
    51 Harry Potter and the First Meeting with his Archrival - JEDIGUNSHIP
    52 Harry Potter and the Flying Keys - JEDIGUNSHIP
    53 Harry Potter and the Forbidden Third-Floor Hallway - JEDIGUNSHIP
    54 Harry Potter and the Game of Wizard's Chess - Earwen_Lightrider
    55 Harry Potter and the Heaps of Hogwarts Invitations - JEDIGUNSHIP
    56 Harry Potter and the Horrors of Full-Sized Wizard?s Chess - JEDIGUNSHIP
    57 Harry Potter and the Jittery Professor- JEDIGUNSHIP
    58 Harry Potter and the

17. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    (finale)

[b][color=silver][hl=darkgreen]SLYTHERIN?S MUSICAL SPIRIT[/b][/hl][/color]

[b]Create an FST (Fan Soundtrack) for your House. Basically, you need to pick some songs (20) that apply to your House, put them in some sort of order, and then explain briefly why you picked each song. 40 points.
    Bonus ? Create cover artwork (a front and back) for your soundtrack. Suggested by Daughter_of_Yubyub. 60 points.[/b]

1. Always Look on the Bright Side of Life (Monty Python) ? because Slytherins are such happy people!
    2. Final Destination (Within Temptation) ? these dark lyrics can be applied to anyone in Slytherin House, especially Voldemort and Snape
    3. All I Ever Wanted to Be (Being Erica) ? this fun song tells you that Slytherin is just what we want to be
    4. Jet Song (West Side Story) ? replace ?Jets? with ?Slytherin? and you have our street gang song
    5. Brand New Day (Dr. Horrible) ? there?s always a Brand New Day to do more evil and defeat the ones who don?t like us!
    6. The Middle Class (Jacques Brel) ? because we, as purebloods are so totally above the lousy kids, even if we once were them
    7. Do You Hear the People Sing? (Les Misérables) ? a rallying cry for all Slytherins
    8. Send in the Clowns (A Little Night Music) ? because we?re all clownish in a way
    9. Ne Me Quitte Pas (Jacques Brel) ? because once you?re here, you don?t want to leave Slytherin. Now in French!
    10. Heaven by the Sea (Love Never Dies) ? Slytherin is a ?little piece of heaven by the sea!? and annoyingly so
    11. I Feel Pretty (West Side Story) ? because us Slytherin?s are gorgeous
    12. Le Diable (Jacques Brel) ? because we?re devilish, aren?t we?
    13. Dear Old Friend (Love Never Dies) ? because when we meet up with old friends, we don?t necessarily tell them the truth
    14. What You Own (RENT) ? we rent emotion. Just saying?. ;)
    15. All For One (Spamalot) ? because we?re all one for each other!
    16. What a Dreadful Town! (Love Never Dies) ? our opinion of a lot of places. Dreadful!
    17. Alone (Jacques Brel) ? because all Slytherins are alone at some point
    18. La Vie Bohème (RENT) ? because we?re crazy. Viva la vie bohème!
    19. I Want the Good Times Back (The Little Mermaid) ? because Slytherin?s just waiting for those good old evil times? *sniff*
    20. Nothing Suits Me Like a Suit (How I Met Your Mother) ? because Slytherin is so stylish and smug about it, we look AWESOME in a suit

[link=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/Idrelle_Miocovani/JC%20House%20Gup%20Game%2017/MusicCover01.jpg]Front Cover[/link]
    [link=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/Idrelle_Miocovani/JC%20House%20Gup%20Game%2017/MusicCover02.jpg]Back Cover[/link]

[Idrelle_Miocovani]

[b]Come up with songs that would fit various situations in the HP-verse and say why they fit (ex: ?I Will Always Love You? for Harry and Ginny?s last moment together because Ginny wants him but can?t come with him). Can be humorous. May do up to 20. 5 points. [/b]

1. ?All I Ever Wanted? (Lily Frost): growing up song for Ginny (specifically in book five) because that?s when she puts away her awkwardness and just becomes herself
    2. ?Be Our Guest? (Beauty and the Beast): entrance to the Great Hall at Hogwarts. The food appears magically, and if the dishes could talk? :p
    3. ?Jet Song? (West Side Story): Marauders? theme song, especially considering how strong their bond is and how they (well, James and Sirius) bully others.
    4. ?Can?t Take It In? (Imogen Heap): first years? reflection of their first year at Hogwarts, especially considering how much they (probably) have grown to love the school and the magical world (if they?re Muggle born)
    5. ?Where? (Lisbeth Scott): theme song for the Half-Blood Prince (I guess that makes it Snape?s theme song), highlighting his loneliness, yet his attachment to Hogwarts, and his lost friendship with Lily.
    6. ?Raining Sunshine? (Miranda Cosgrove): a Weasley Wizard Wheezes? theme song, because they make everything better even when the times majorly suck. Just you wait, they?ll invent something that can ?rain? sunshine.
    7. ?Everything You Ever? (Dr. Horrible?s Sing-Alon

18. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    Final Gryffindor Update

Artistic Spirit

Design the cover of a wizarding magazine, including some article titles and such. May do up to 2. 75 points.

Wizard Rock Issue #480
    Which Broomstick Issue #423

-Fallen-Hero

Design the cover of a book in the wizarding world (i.e.: one of Lockhart?s books). May do up to 2. 75 points.

Flying With the Chudley Cannons
    Hairy Snout, Human Heart

-Fallen-Hero

Draw any scene from any of the books. May do up to 10. 75 points.

Moaning Myrtle's Last Moments
    [image=http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/219/9/d/Moaning_Myrtle__s_last_moments_by_DarkLordsDaughter.jpg]

- darthhelinith

[image=http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii90/NataLekku/scan0009.jpg]

[image=http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii90/NataLekku/scan0008.jpg]

[image=http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii90/NataLekku/scan0007.jpg]

[image=http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii90/NataLekku/scan0006.jpg]

[image=http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii90/NataLekku/scan0005.jpg]

[image=http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii90/NataLekku/scan0004.jpg]

[image=http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii90/NataLekku/scan0003.jpg]

[image=http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii90/NataLekku/scan0002.jpg]

[image=http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii90/NataLekku/scan0001.jpg]

- Earwen_Lightrider

Create a poster for a club at Hogwarts. May do up to 3. 60 points.

[image=http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii90/NataLekku/HouseCup/wizardchessclubposter.jpg]

[image=http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii90/NataLekku/HouseCup/QuidditchClubPoster.jpg]

[image=http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii90/NataLekku/thestralridingclub.jpg]

- Earwen_Lightrider

Redesign any famous piece of artwork (painting, statue, etc.) so it fits in the HP-verse. I don?t care how you do it ? redraw, photoshop, whatever. An example of this would be replacing the Mona Lisa?s head with Dumbledore?s. May do up to 25. 100 points.

[image=http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii90/NataLekku/HouseCup/SiriusPokerDogs.jpg]
    Sirius Poker Dogs

[image=http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii90/NataLekku/HouseCup/SiriusPoolDogs.jpg]
    Sirius Pool Dogs at the Three Broomsticks

[image=http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii90/NataLekku/HouseCup/TheSisters.jpg]
    The Sisters-In-Law

[image=http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii90/NataLekku/HouseCup/MyGrandmother.jpg]
    My Grandmother by Lily Luna Potter

[image=http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii90/NataLekku/HouseCup/BlackListedbyPercy.jpg]
    Black Listed by Percy

[image=http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii90/NataLekku/HouseCup/HouseElftoKingPhilipIVofSpainVelazq.jpg]
    House Elf to King Philip IV

[image=http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii90/NataLekku/HouseCup/dobbyhol.jpg]
    ANd DobbY hogWARts HOuse eLf

[image=http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii90/NataLekku/HouseCup/OwlDelivery.jpg]
    Owl Delivery

[image=http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii90/NataLekku/HouseCup/DumbledoresArmy.jpg]
    Dumbledore's Army

[image=http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii90/NataLekku/HouseCup/NymphadoraTonksPortrait.jpg]
    Nymphadora Tonk's Portrait

[image=http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii90/NataLekku/HouseCup/BewareWhatLurksBeneathTheLilies.jpg]
    Beware What Lurks Beneath The Lilies

[image=http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii90/NataLekku/HouseCup/TheFudgeClinic.jpg]
    The Fudge Clinic

[image=http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii90/NataLekku/HouseCup/BellatrixAuxBrasCroiss.jpg]
    Bellatrix aux Bras Croisés

[image=http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii90/NataLekku/HouseCup/QuirrellinaTurban

19. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    Final Gryffindor Update

Literary Spirit

Take any well-known poem (well-known: can be found by doing a simple Google search on any of its lines) and change it so that, while still recognizable as that poem, it speaks of your House. May do up to 3. 20 points each.

It's Dark in Here
    Original by Shel Silverstein
    Altered by Harry and Ron making fun of Draco Malfoy

I am writing these poems
    From inside a lion,
    And it's rather dark in here.
    So please excuse the handwriting
    Which may not be too clear.
    But this afternoon by the Gryffindor commons
    I'm afraid I got too near.
    And I'm writing these lines
    From inside a lion,
    And it's rather dark in here.

Forgotten Language
    Original by Shel Silverstein
    Altered by Ron making fun of Luna Lovegood

Once I spoke the language of the crumple-horned snorkacks,
    Once I understood each word the nargals said,
    Once I smiled in secret at the gossip of the thestrals,
    And shared a conversation with the wrackspurts
    in my bed.
    Once I heard and answered all the questions
    of the blibbering humdingers,
    And joined the crying of each falling dying
    flake of snow,
    Once I spoke the language of the crumple-horned snorkacks. . . .
    How did it go?
    How did it go?

Snakes
    Original "Rain" by Shel Silverstein
    Altered by Harry Potter

I opened my eyes
    And winced at the pain,
    And it ripped through my head
    And flowed into my brain,
    And all that I hear as I lie in my bed
    Is the ssssssssss of the snakes in my head.

I step very softly,
    I walk very slow,
    I can't do a understand--
    My mind might overflow,
    So pardon the wild crazy thing I just said--
    I'm just not the same since there's snakes in my head.

-Earwen_Lightrider

Make a Shakespearian misquote that would apply to life at Hogwarts, your founder, Head of House, or anything related to the HP-verse. Must be at least 4 lines long. May do up to 5. 15 points.

Act I, Scene I
    A Midsummer Night's Dream

Hagrid reading Lysander:

Ay me! for thought that I could ever read,
    Could ever hear by tale or history,
    The course of true love never did run smooth;
    But, either it was different in blood,--

*Ron, Hermione and Harry giggling*

~*~*~*~*~*~

Act I, Scene I

Hermione reading HERMIA
    O cross! too high to be enthrall'd to low.
    Neville reading LYSANDER
    Or else misgrafted in respect of years,--
    Hermione giggling as she tries to read HERMIA's line
    O spite! too old to be engaged to young.
    Neville reading LYSANDER
    Or else it stood upon the choice of friends,--
    *Hermione giggling*
    Neville: "What did I say?"
    Hermione: "I think you've been reading too many Herbology books lately."

~*~*~*~*~*~

Act I, Scene I

Fred reading LYSANDER
    Or, if there were a sympathy in choice,
    War, death, or sickness did lay siege to it,
    Making it momentany as a sound,
    Swift as a shadow, short as any dream;
    Brief as the lightning bolt on Harry's forehead.

*laughter*

~*~*~*~*~*~

Act I, Scene I

Ron reading LYSANDER
    A good persuasion: therefore, hear me, Hermione.
    I have a widow aunt, a dowager
    Of great revenue, and she hath no child:
    From Athens is her house remote seven leagues;
    And she respects me as her only son.
    There, gentle Hermione, may I marry thee;

*Fred and George laugh histerically*
    *Hermione blushes in shock*
    *Harry smacks his head on his palm*
    *Ron looking clueless as he tries to figure out what he said*

~*~*~*~*~*~

Act 5, Scene I

Ron reading THESEUS
    More strange than true: I never may believe
    These antique fables, nor these fairy toys.
    Lovers and madmen have such seething brains,
    Such shaping fantasies, that apprehend
    More than cool reason ever comprehends.
    The Looney Lovegood and the poet

-Earwen_Lightrider

Write your own version of the epilogue in Book 7. Feel free to use more or few

20. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    Final Gryffindor Update

Musical Spirit

Take any song and rewrite it so that it is an HP-related parody. May do up to 5. Please post which song your version came from (title/artist, but not necessarily lyrics). 40 points.
    - Bonus: Record your parody for an additional 90 points. Recording must be in MP3, WAV, or WMA format and easily downloadable. MP3 is preferable.

Bonus: Quick-Quotes Quills Download Link

Quick Quote Quills
    Harry Potter Parody of Fireflies by Adam Young [Owl City]

You would get such a thrill
    If ten million quick quotes quills
    Raced across the page as I fell asleep

'Cause they'd fill the wizard headlines
    And spread their lies everywhere
    You'd think me rude
    But I have just ceased to care

I'd like to make myself believe
    That Voldemort moves slowly
    It's hard to say that I'd rather stay
    Awake when I'm asleep
    'Cause everything is never as it seems

'Cause I got rid of a thousand bugs
    From ten thousand reporter thugs
    As they tried to put me in a trance

A horcrux in my head
    Dobby's socks beneath my bed
    And my fate is just hanging by a thread

Awake when I'm asleep
    When I fall asleep

Leave my eyes open just a crack
    (Please take me away from here)
    'Cause I wish I could take those words back
    Why do I tire of counting lines
    Wish Umbridge hadn't heard me call her swine

To ten million quick quotes quills
    I've already had my fill
    Please let me escape from their swill

But I'll know where several are
    Since my life is so bizarre
    'Cause Hermione saved one and keeps her in a jar

Awake when I'm asleep
    When I fall asleep

Awake when I'm asleep
    When I fall asleep

Awake when I'm asleep
    Because my scar is bursting at the seams

-Earwen_Lightrider

Bonus: Not So Easy

Not So Easy
    A Parody on "Almost Easy" by Avenged Sevenfold

Premise: Harry feels pressured to be perfect all the time during his first two years at Hogwarts and in the final stand against the forces of evil.

NOTE: Only the vocals are mine. Everything else is not my property.

Lyrics:

I feel mad every single time I'm forced to be perfect
    ?Cause I'm lost and guided in my ways and that?s the way it stays
    So how long did I expect trust to outweigh all these expectations?
    By that look on your face, I will be the person to bring evil to tip

I'm not perfect, I'm not perfect
    I'm not perfect, I?m not... not perfect

(Parents)
    Come back to me it's not so easy
    (I Don?t Understand)
    Come back again it's not so easy

I wonder what you mean from the things you said I've done to you
    It's hard to face but the fact remains that this is nothing new
    You make me feel bound with ties of perfectionist loyalty
    You shape me to be your savior, but I?m not perfect

I'm not perfect, I'm not perfect
    I'm not perfect, I?m not... not perfect

(Parents)
    (Sirius)
    (Dumbledore and Lupin)
    (Moody and the rest)

(guitar solo)

Now that I've lost you all it hurts me to say
    (Hurts to say)
    I've tried to hold on as you've slowly slipped away
    I'm losing the fight, you?ve all lost your lives, now let me make it right

(Make it alright)

I'm not perfect, I'm not perf

21. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    Final Gryffindor Update

Quidditch Spirit

Name some Quidditch players who are in the Quidditch Hall of Fame and explain why they are there. May do up to 10. 5 points

1. Delilah Hawkins: A chaser for the Hershford Gibbons in the 19th ?century, Delilah was known for her fast move to catch a Quaffle and outstanding broom handling abilities. Always a sly player, she executed fakes that caused other players? heads to spin, allowing her to free up space for a goal shot.
    2. JP Murphy: A Beater for the Irish national team, JP was known for his canny knack for hitting a bludger right into the path of an oncoming player. Almost always, his aim was true, and disrupted the opposing player. He also knew how to get physical when necessary, once allegedly using his bat to smack an opponents? broomstick so that it went off-course. He played in the mid 20th-century.
    3. Vaughn Taylor: An English National Team player, and chaser. Vaughn perfected the move called the ?One-Handed Stand? on his broomstick, using it repeatedly to grab a Quaffle in mid-air while standing up on his broomstick. This move gave him much fame, and also helped him score many goals in his career. He currently ranks at #3 on England?s all-time scoring list.
    4. Susan Figgs: An English National Team Player, Susan played Chaser alongside fellow HOFer Vaughn Taylor. They made the perfect play combo, with Vaughn grabbing the Quaffle and passing it off to Susan for many scores. Placing at #7 on the English all-time scoring list, she could play any position in case of an injury, including Seeker in a match versus Turkey when their incumbent went down with an injury sustained during the match. She managed to catch the Snitch and win the game.
    5. ?Sleepyhead? Stu Johnson: Stu Johnson was a Keeper who had an affinity for naptime. Whenever the play was at the other end of the pitch, he always found a way to catch some sleep and rest up when not needed to play Keeper. However, he was also a fearsome player; very territorial in his youth, he was known to get rough during gameplay with opposing Chasers who entered his territory, sometimes drawing penalties for his behavior. However, he made so many saves in one match versus Ireland that he was proclaimed ?Keeper of the Year? in the English League after only half the season, which he ended up winning a record four years in a row and seven times overall.
    6. Cathy Reese: An American Beater who played in the late 1970?s and 1980?s. Always trying to prove that women were as good at beater as men, she always made her opponents remember her presence on the field. Using her superior arm strength to whack Bludgers, she could easily knock the Quaffle out of anyone?s hands. Aleegedly, one team even forfeited their match against her squad because she was going to be playing, and the opposing team had squeamish Chasers who were afraid of being hit. She won three ?Beater of the Year? awards in the English League, and played for the American national team for several years.
    7. Jen Li: A Chinese Seeker, Jen played in the 1970?s and 1980?s for the Chinese National Team. A crafty player, she was able to sell fakes well on opposing players, causing many an opposing Seeker to go in the wrong direction and giving her team an easy win. She also had great aerodynamics when on her broom, which gave her increased speed in the air over other larger opponents. She ended up leading her National team for eleven seasons, helping them win over 40 matches with a Chinese record 45 Snitch captures.
    8. ?Lightning? Bob Sellers: A British Seeker, Bob played for the Chudley Cannons in the early 1940?s. Introduced to Quidditch during service in an all-magic yet top-secret unit in World War II, he quickly gained a healthy respect for the Seeker position, and sought to redefine it altogether. Dominating on the temporary pitch for soldiers, he was able to join the Cannons after getting home from service. His nickname came from his lightning speed on a broom, allowing him to catch the Snitch much faster than

22. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    Final Gryffindor Update

Absolutely Random - an extension of Humr, but with more insanity

Write, in a form of a script, a round of "Hogwarts's Got Talent", with a panel of three characters as judges and students as contestants. One condition: Voldemort is one of the judges. 75 points. Suggested by Mar17swgirl

Host: Hello, Wizards and Witches of all ages, and welcome to this very special edition of ?Hogwart?s Got Talent?! This week?s episode will focus on Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the students at the school will be competing for the title of ?Most Talented? in the school, and also a chance to join the regular show contestants later in the season. Now, it?s time to introduce the judges! Starting on the left is the one and only Gilderoy Lockhart! Known for his proweress over the forces of evil in all aspects of life, Mr. Lockheart is here to help find the most talented person here at Hogwarts; if he doesn?t try to join the competition himself!
    Lockhart: I am so very excited to be here! It?s going to be a lot of fun to see what these students have to show us tonight. If I don?t mind saying, please also buy my new book!
    Host: Thank you, Mr. Lockhart. In the middle, we have Hogwarts Professor Sprout. Teaching herbology and head of Hufflepuff House, she is considered one of the most friendly teachers on staff at Hogwarts!
    Sprout: I am so pleased to be here. Hopefully all contestants will give their all!
    Host: And last, but not least! He is known by many names; the Dark Lord, Baldy, and He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. He is the one who many have cowered in fear of for many years! He is Lord Voldemort!
    Voldemort: When do I get my blasted coffee?!
    Host: And now . . . the moment we?ve all been waiting for! Let?s play ?Hogwart?s Got Talent?! First up is Harry Potter, doing a special trick for us! C?mon, Harry; let?s see what you?ve got!
    (Harry walks on stage)
    Harry: You know, I?d rather not be here . . .
    Host: Oh don?t be silly. Just do your act, and amaze the crowd!
    Harry: Uh, actually, I didn?t enter this contest. Someone must have put my name in the ring, because I didn?t.
    Host: Oh, like it was in the Goblet of Fire?
    Harry: Exactly. So I don?t have anything to show to you tonight. I?m sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.
    (Voldemort buzzes in his X)
    Voldemort: Oh boo-hoo! This is the worst excuse for a comedy routine that I?ve ever seen! If I had killed you back as an infant, you wouldn?t be wasting our time right now!
    Host: Now now, we don?t speak like that to contestants. Are you sure you don?t have anything to show us?
    Harry: That is correct.
    (Lockhart and Sprout buzz in their X?s)
    Lockhart: Sorry, Harry, but I can?t let you win this for no talent performed.
    Host: And that eliminates Potter from contention! (Harry walks off, shrugging) Next up is Ron Weasley! (Ron walks confidently, or, at least looks confident, up to the mic) He?s going to be showing us the proper technique of slug vomiting!
    Ron: Wait, what . . .?!
    (A spell comes from off-stage, and Ron is blown backwards. He stands up, dizzy, and throws up a slug)
    Host: Excellent form!
    Voldemort: Suck it up, Weasley!
    Sprout: Oh dear. I don?t think this was his choice to perform . . .
    Lockhart: Nonsense! He?s doing fine! What a spectacle!
    (Ron vomits again)
    Voldemort: (Laughs) I think we?ve found a good contestant. He?s passing my vote.
    Sprout: (Buzzes in X) Please just take him to the Hospital Wing! He needs medical attention!
    Lockhart: I heartily agree! I will complain as well! (Buzzes in X) (Looks over at Voldemort) Why do you think this is funny?
    Voldemort: Because at least I know what?s good and what?s not. And you are definitely not, so watch your mouth before I blow it off!
    Host: I say we just move on f

23. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    [image=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a124/legomania3/House%20Cup%2016/ClassicArt6.png]

Warhol!Snape is not amused by Warhol!Dobby. :p

Edit: Oh hey look, my turn to update.

24. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    RAVENCLAW'S FINAL APATHETIC UPDATE

BOOKS

Give a quote from any of the books that is so integral to the plot that taking it out would make the books no longer be the same? Explain the reasoning behind your choice. May do up to 3. 15 points.

"He's dead!" [Deathly Hallows]

Had Narcissa Malfoy not lied through her teeth to Voldemort (which is a pretty ballsy move, to be quite honest), or had Voldemort come over and checked Harry himself, you can probably bet that Harry wouldn't be alive to finish out the task of killing Voldemort and ending the war. However, Narcissa's lie in order to protect her son ended up saving Harry's life as well; it allowed him to let Voldemort gloat long enough for Harry to sneak off, cause more damage and ultimately give everyone the showdown of a century.

"You're a wizard, Harry." [Sorcerer's Stone]

This one is pretty obvious. Had these words not been uttered, we would simply have no plot. If we had no plot, we would have no franchise. If we had no franchise, we would have no Harry Potter amusement park. If we had no Harry Potter amusement park, then I wouldn't have gone to Celebration V. We also would not be playing this game right now.

"Expelliarmus!" [Half Blood Prince]

Draco disarming Dumbledore turned out to be a vitally important aspect of the last book. Unknowingly, Draco overcame Dumbledore, which made him the master of the Elder Wand. Then later, when Harry took Draco's wand, it in essence made Harry the master of the Elder Wand and not Voldemort, even though Voldemort was the one carrying around the wand. It was this mistake that allowed Harry to win in his duel against Voldemort.

[Miana Kenobi]

Which of the characters who died in Book 7 would you have spared? Why? How would the overall storyline be affected by this change? 10 points.

Hedwig ? I think her death was unnecessary because Harry has already lost so many of those close to him already. I don?t see how her death held any real purpose. I think she could have been useful to Harry when he, Ron, and Hermione were searching for the horcruxes. She could have helped send messages (perhaps) to his friends and family.

Tonks ? I didn?t agree with J.K. Rowling?s idea to make another wizard child an orphan. I think it would have been better to just let Lupin die. I think she should have lived to raise her son despite the fact that Harry was made to be his godfather. By Harry being godfather, he would have to start taking care of the baby when he was only 17 years old. I just don?t think that is really fair as he has already has had to put up with enough already.

Fred ? The way that I feel about Fred and George is that one cannot live without the other. They have always worked together and none of their jokes or pranks would have been the same with just one of the twins living. I don?t think Fred surviving the fight would have changed the overall story much. I think what happened to Fred was a way to shock the fans of the books as it wasn?t expected.

[DarthBabe]

Which of the Weasley children would you have killed and why? 10 points.

Personally, I would have killed off Ginny, but as the only Weasley female child, she's safe. Bill and George have already been injured, making them safe. Charlie's role is so small that his death wouldn't have been nearly as shocking or emotional as Fred. Ron's death would have damaged Hermione's character. Killing Percy after he had been estranged from the family would have been provided great emotional guilt for the other members of the family, but it would not have affected the reader's strongly. That leaves Fred. Fred is a favorite character and seen as the other half to George. Readers were given an emotional shock.

[FelsGoddess]

What happened to Kreacher and Number 12, Grimmauld Place after the events of the Deathly Hallows? 15 points. Task suggestion by Mar17swgirl

I think what most likely would have

25. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    HUMR

Make up some completely random and canonically impossible romantic pairings and explain just why they are so unlikely to happen. And "It's just not possible/it's just wrong" is not a good answer. tongue For example: Hermione/Giant Squid because the Squid is a loner and Hermione thinks seafood is gross. :p 5 points each. May do up to 5.

Voldemort/Peeves because Peeves loves singing and Voldemort detests happiness or jokes.

Luna/Dobby because Dobby can't fathom someone who doesn't like socks and Luna likes taller men.

Parvati/Draco because they can't agree over a TV time, since the Bachelor is on at the same time as True Blood.

Remus/Cedric, because we all know sparkly vampires and werewolves don't get along. Also because it would result in Remus taking off his shirt a lot.

Hermione/Snape because she would never forgive him for defiling a book by writing in it so much.

[Miana Kenobi]

Create character email addresses that the various HP characters could have should they chose to use email. Examples:
    Harry: boywholoved@edate.com
    Remus: admin@werewolvesanonymous.org
    May do up to 7. 5 points each.
    Suggested by Blue_Ice-Green_Fire.

1. Dumbledore
    halfmoonspecs@cornucopiaoflove.com
    2. Neville
    professorTrevor@DAunderground.net
    3. Harry
    Idontworryaboutsnakesonaplane@parseltongue.com
    4. Fred
    NotGeorge@WeasleysWizardWheezes.com
    5.Sirius
    Padfoot@Azkaban.gov
    6. Kingsley
    ministeroflove@orderofthephoenix.net
    7. Voldemort
    Hewhowillnotbenamed@yahoo.com

[wedge41388]

Write a new educational decree (similar to Umbridge's, but funny). May do up to 7. 10 points.

Educational Decree #890: By order of the Headmistress, abstract is no longer qualified as a style in art classes. All subjects must be clearly recognizable without an explanatory paragraph.

Educational Decree #237: By order of the Headmistress, Ravenclaw is hereby disbanded as blue has been declared an Abomination Unto Nuggan.

Educational Decree #672: By order of the Headmistress, the standard examination writing quill will now be a number seventeen. Number two quills are far too Muggle sounding and will no longer be accepted.

Educational Decree #8799: By order of the Headmistress, all pupils must now sport funny hats in the classroom. This is a direct order from the Ministry of Magic in light of the election of the Toerichthuetepartei.

Educational Decree #2: By Order of the Headmistress, Neville Longbottom is not allowed to go anywhere alone. Bad things tend to happen to him, the poor dear.

Educational Decree #42: By order of the Headmistress, Arithmancy is now a mandatory course for all years. If I had to suffer, you have to suffer!

Educational Decree #476: By order of the Headmistress, task repeat numbers must be three or a multiple of five. Seven is far too silly for a serious game.

(Completed by: Daughter_of_Yubyub)

Create a Peeves song about a character. Must be at least 15 lines long. May do up to 5. 15 points.

Bookish sneaky Hermione Granger
    Just keeps getting even stranger
    She thinks she's the Gryffindor queen
    Becuase she is so very mean

And she has her nasty trick
    That she really liked to stick
    Did it to Miss Marietta
    That's something she will regretta

Won't know when
    And won't know where
    But she'd better
    Have a care