main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Census The JC Hogwarts House Cup - Version 18 - Winner: Ravenclaw

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by NYCitygurl, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    DRAMATIC SPIRIT

It's Harry Potter on stage! Turn a scene of your choice into part of a play and write the script for it, including any necessary stage cues. May do up to 2. Suggested by Idrelle_Miocovani. 75 points.
    BONUS: Film the scene. 250 points.

Harry: Oh gosh. My name?s Harry Potter. I?m eleven years old and I live with my aunt, my uncle, and my big fat cousin Dudley. I?m just so lonely and depressed. I live in this cupboard under the stairs and it?s really not any fun. I wish that someone would just burst and tell me some good news for once.

Hagrid: BURST

Harry: AHHH!

Hagrid: You?re a wizard, Harry!

Harry: What? No, that?s not possible. How could I possibly be a wizard?

Hagrid: Haven?t you gotten your letters?

Harry: What letter?

Hagrid: The billions upon billions upon billion of letters that were flying around your house. You haven?t stolen one of them?

Harry: No, not any of them.

Hagrid: God.

Harry: Sorry! I can?t jump! I?m undernourished. No one feeds me.

Hagrid: You?re a wizard, Harry. Anywho, you?re going to go to this fabulous school called Hogwarts.

Harry: Where?s that?

Hagrid: Some magical place in England that no one knows where it exists.

Harry: Gosh.

Hagrid: (Aside) Also in Florida now. Anywho.

Harry: How the bloody hell do I get there?

Hagrid: Well, you?re going to take this magic invisible ticket here, see?

Harry: It?s a ticket!

Hagrid: We?re going to go to this magical place called Diagon Alley.

Harry: It?s right here! Don?t you see the ticket? It?s right here.

Hagrid: Anyways, we?re going to go to Diagon Alley and get you all your school things and then we?re going to go and you?re going to hop onto a train and you?re going to go to Platform 9 ¾ .

Harry: How do you get to Platform 9 ¾ ?

Hagrid: Magic.

Harry: That can?t possibly be the answer for everything.

Hagrid: Magic!

Harry: Bloody hell.

Hagrid: While you?re there, don?t y?know, mention your mum and dad. You might be famous but no one told you about that.

Harry: Wait. How can I possibly be famous? What would I be famous for? All I do is live in his closet underneath the stairs.

Hagrid: Well, you see? there was this bad guy and he killed your parents.

Harry: What?s his name? Wait. Wait wait no wait! My parents were killed in a car crash. That?s why I?ve got this scar right here that you can?t actually see..

Hagrid: Well? I shouldn?t be the one to tell you this, Harry, but your mum and dad were actually pretty badass.

Harry: Really? That?s awesome!

Hagrid: And then they fought this man called---Vol?Vol--- [whispered] Voldemort.

Harry: Who? Didn?t hear you?

Hagrid: Voldemort. Fine, oh god. But they pissed Voldemort off.

Harry: Oh bloody hell. So this Hogwarts place. How am I supposed to get there if I don?t have any money?

Hagrid: You?ve got loads of money!

Harry: Really?

Hagrid: You?re like a Hilton kid. You?ve got tons of money that your parents have saved for you.

Harry: I don?t know who those are but that?s fantastic.

Hagrid: Anyways, let?s go!

Harry: Okay!

[Exit]

[CodeName_Targeter]

Scene 1

[CodeName_Targeter & Miana Kenobi]

Create the playbill for a Harry Potter play. Include a front cover picture, list of cast and crew, a synopsis of the acts, and a few production notes. May do up to 7 (one for each book). Suggested by Idrelle_Miocovani. 75 points.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

[image=http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b248/legomania4/Playbill1.jpg]

Cast & Crew:
    Darren Criss as Harry Potter
    Samantha Barks as Hermione Granger
    Joey Richter as Ron Weasley
    Sir Ian McKellan as Professor Dumbledore
    Dame Maggie Smith as Professor McGonagall
    Terrence Mann as Professor Snape
    Jonathan Groff as Draco Malfoy
    Tim Curry as Hagrid
    Fiona Shaw as Aunt Petunia
    Richard Griffith as Uncle Vernon
    Stephen Spinella as Professor Quirrell
    Gideon Glick as Neville Longbottom
    Skylar Astin as Seamus Finnigan
    Brian Charles Johnson as Crabbe
    Anthony Lee Medina as

2. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    MUSICAL SPIRIT

Pick a song (any song, from instrumental to Kanye) that you think should be playing during a scene. May do up to 15. 5 points.

1. ?I will survive? played during Harry?s final fight scene with Lord Voldemort.
    2. ?Back to December? played during a scene with Harry and Cho Chang after they have broken up
    3. ?Who let the dogs out? On the Knight bus when Harry first hears of Sirius Black?s escape from Azkaban
    4. ?Looney Tunes Theme Song? when we first meet Luna Lovegood
    5. ?I Got a Feelin?? After Lavender Brown kisses Ron Weasley in the Gryffindor common room.
    6. ?If I die young? When Cedric Diggory is brought out of the Maze dead.
    7. ?Sparks Fly? The first time Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley kiss.
    8. ?The Climb? When Ron, Harry, and Hermione are at their first stop in the woods, the song would lay out the journey ahead of them.
    9. ?Remind Me? When we briefly see Remus Lupin and Tonks fighting about being together.
    10. ?The trouble with girls? Scott McCreary when Harry and Ron are attempting to find a date for the Yule Ball
    11. ?Mean? when Lavender Brown hears Ron Weasley say Hermione?s name while he?s in the infirmary
    12. ?Are you gonna kiss me or not? When Harry and Cho are in the room of requirement standing under mistletoe
    13. "If Heaven wasn?t so far away? when Harry is staring at his parents in the mirror of Erised
    14. "Zero to Hero" As Harry defeats Voldemort at the end of the first movie
    15. "Be Prepared" During Defense Against the Dark Arts class with Lupin teaching (and again when Professor Moody is teaching them about the unforgivable curses)

[s65horsey]

HP has gone musical! Turn any scene into a musical (or make up your own HP musical scene) with all words as song lyrics. 40 points.
    BONUS: Record the musical scene. 200 points for each minute (may do up to 3 minutes).

The Confrontation

[VOLDEMORT]
    Potter, at last,
    We see each other plain
    "The Boy Who Lived"
    Will need a different name!

[HARRY]
    Before you say another word, Dark Lord
    Before you decide to kill me again
    Listen to me! There is something you must know!
    This wand is loyal now to me
    This stone lets the dead intercede,
    And in the end this cloak is all I need
    I carry here the Deathly Hallows
    I carry here...

[VOLDEMORT]
    You must think me mad!
    I've hunted you across the years
    Boys like you can never change
    A boy such as you.

[HARRY (in counterpoint)]
    Believe of me what you will
    There is a duty that I'm sworn to do
    You know nothing of my life
    With this scar upon my head
    You know nothing of the world
    And I know you'll see me dead
    But not before I see this justice
    done
    I am warning you Dark Lord
    I am stronger now by far
    There's a power you don't know
    My race is not yet run
    I am warning you Dark Lord
    Gryffindor will always dare
    If you have to kill me here
    I'll do what must be done!

[VOLDEMORT (in counterpoint)]
    Men like me can never change
    Boys like you can never change
    No,
    Harry James Potter
    My duty's to myself - you have no
    Chance
    Come with me Harry James POtter
    Now the wheel has turned around
    Boy Who Lived is nothing now
    Dare you talk to me of po

3. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    RAVENCLAW UNLIMITED TASK

[Total=455]

Pick any person, real or fictional, living or dead, and state why he/she is in your House. 2 points each.

1. Mickey Mouse because he's a clever leader.
    2. Minnie Mouse because she's smarter than she looks.
    3. Goofy because he's got some crazy logic.
    4. Pluto because he's very loyal and courageous. That's right, Gryffindors, we're loyal and courageous too.
    5. Donald Duck because he's quick to think of a solution. It may not be the right solution...
    6. Daisy Duck because she is very witty. And that's man's greatest treasure.
    7. Queen Grimhilde would totally be a claw because she is VERY clever and cunning.
    8. Humbert the Huntsman was very logical and followed his heart while already calculating the outcome of his actions.
    9. Snow White is... actually no. Screw that. Snow White's too dumb to be a Claw.
    10. Doc is a logical thinking man. Dwarf.
    11. Happy gets things done with a smile on his face.
    12. Grumpy is a no nonsense man who gets stuff done.
    13. Sleepy is a procrastinator.
    14. Sneezy always tries to say something logical and give his input. He just sneezes when he tries.
    15. Bashful likes to hide. He'll fit in fine with the invisible Claws.
    16. Dopey is goofy on the outside, which means he's a mad genius like Luna on the inside.
    17. The Magic Mirror knows everything. Totally a Claw.
    18. Prince Charming comes to the rescue at the very end, like most of Ravenclaw House.
    19. Pinocchio because like a Ravenclaw eagle, he's got no strings to hold him down.
    20. Jiminy Cricket would be a claw because all he really wants is a shiney badge.
    21. Geppetto is totally a claw. The man makes clocks so therefore he knows how precious time is.
    22. Figaro is a claw because he doesn't talk. Just like most background Claws.
    23. Cleo is a claw because she only thinks she's better than you because she is.
    24. Honest John Foulfellow is a Claw because he's cunning and sly as a fox. So punny it hurts.
    25. Gideon is a Ravenclaw because like Cleo, he totally helps out without ever talking.
    26. Stromboli because he knows how to pull strings to get people to do things.
    27. The Blue Fairy is totally a ravenclaw because she shows up at the end to save the day.
    28. The Coachman is rather good at rounding people up when in need.
    29. Lampwick totally endorses alcohol. He's definitely a Sloshed Stu.
    30. Monstro the whale doesn't need a plot, nor does he need introduction. He just shows up and is badass.
    31. Alexander is a claw because even though he's been turned into a donkey, he's still brilliant enough to be able to speak!
    32. Dumbo is a claw because he can soar around with the eagles.
    33. Timothy Mouse because he's an intelligent little mouse that appreciates brains.
    34. Mrs. Jumbo is a claw in that she's a main character even though she's rarely seen.
    35. Casey Junior is a Claw in that he's the little train that could; always chugging away no matter what.
    36. Mr. Stork because he's very intuative.
    37. Bambi is a Ravenclaw because he takes orders very well.
    38. Bambi's mother is a Claw because she dies and no one sees her. Very sad.
    39. Thumper is a Ravenclaw because he's got all the brains.
    40. Flower is like the Luna Lovegood of Disney movies.
    41. Friend Owl is a Ravenclaw because he's a bird of flight.
    42. Faline is a Claw because let's face it, she really doesn't add much to the plot.
    43. The Great Prince of the Forest is totally a Ravenclaw in that he comes out of NOWHERE.
    44. José Carioca is a Ravenclaw because, beyond being a Parrot, he's incredibly smart and the brains of the Caballeros.
    45. Panchito Pistoles is a Claw because he's a bird, but also because he's got guns. Lots of guns.
    46. Bongo the Bear is a Claw because he learns that he has to work to earn his place.
    47. Willie the Giant is a Claw because he has to constantly figure out the little traps Mickey has set.
    48. The Singing Harp because she has ALL the answers.
    49. J. Thaddeus Toad, Esq. because he went Nowhere in Particular, which is wher

4. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Minus one batch of coding, the only thing I would need to edit is that 2 of the playbills say HBP when one title should be DH. That's it.

5. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Apologies for Slytherin final update being late, but my laptop decided to go on strike today... [face_frustrated] I'm still trying to persuade it to put the update together and post... Shouldn't take more than half an hour, promise...

6. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    I'm terribly sorry for being so awfully late... :( Due to time difference (it was already morning over here) and family reasons (my aunt and cousin came to stay for a few days) I was unable to log on to post the final update sooner.

SLYTHERIN FINAL UPDATE

BOOKS

Why did JKR give certain characters certain names? Analyze the name of any character. May do up to 3. 5 points.

JKR often used names that had meanings that somehow defined their characters.

1. Sirius Black - Sirius is the brightest star in the night sky and is part of the constellation of Canis Major ("Greater Dog"). This is a reference to Sirius Black's Animagus form, which is a big dog. The surname Black refers to the colour of his eyes and hair, and also the colour of his fur when he's in his Animagus form.

2. Remus Lupin - Probably the most obvious clue to the fact that he's a werewolf. Remus was one of the brothers who, according to legend, were raised by a she-wolf and later became the founders of Rome (the other brother's name was Romulus, which was Lupin's pseudonym whenever he was speaking on Potterwatch). The surname Lupin is derived from "lupus", the Latin word for wolf.

3. Olympe Maxime - The first name is derived from Mount Olympus, the place where Greek gods resided. It's probably a reference to Madame Maxime's giant heritage, as the giants live in mountains, but it might also be a reference of her position as the Headmistress of Beauxbatons. The surname Maxime is simply a reference to her size.

[Mar17swgirl]

If you were to rename a book, what would you call it and why? May do up to 7 (one for each book). 5 points.

[I tried to choose something of importance within the book, much like JKR did with the actual titles.]

Book One: Harry Potter and the Wizards? School

Harry?s introduction to the wizarding world and the fact that it has a school (important landmarks of the series) are referenced in this title (I think :p ). An important thing for a first of a series, methinks.

Book Two: Harry Potter and the Heir of Slytherin

This book is all about Slytherin; therefore, it makes sense to mention it. The Heir is at the centre of events, plus for part of the book Harry himself is thought to be the Heir.

Book Three: Harry Potter and the Marauders? Map

The map is an important find of the Weasleys, given to Harry, which then links back to his father?s day and age, connecting him to Lupin and Sirius. I think much of this book is about that connection.

Book Four: Harry Potter and the Triwizard Tournament

The Triwizard Tournament provides the backdrop for much of this book?s action. It is an important part of the plot (both the narrative?s arc and Voldemort?s plot to use Harry), thus meriting a place in the title.

Book Five: Harry Potter and the Rebellion of Hogwarts

Dumbledore?s Army is essentially a student rebellion. As the ministry closes its nets, the students fight back and much of the book is absorbed in the effects of their actions.

Book Six: Harry Potter and the Shadow of the Past

Past being Voldemort?s past ? much of the book is concerned with Harry learning and exploring Voldemort?s origins, so I think it deserves a mention in the title.

Book Seven: Harry Potter and the Final Horcrux

The ?surprise? that Harry is yet another Horcrux of Voldemort?s probably shouldn?t be revealed in the title, but I?d like to play off the idea of the ?Horcrux hunt?, since they do spend most of their time engaged in that action.

[PS. JKR?s titles are clearly better than mine :p ]

[Idrelle_Miocovani]

Can Muggles (relatives of wizards, for instance) travel by Floo Network, Portkey, or Side-along Apparition? Give reasons why yes or no. Suggested by Mar17swgirl. 10 points.

To a certain extent. Muggles cannot perform magic, but nothing stops them from being affected by magic.

The Floo Network appears to be activated by stepping into the fire and then shouting your destination; I see

7. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    HUMOUR

What fictional awards would you nominate characters for? (For example, Harry could win most PMSing for his appearance in OotP, or Sirius could win Best Pet, etc.) The goal is to make them funny. May do up to 10. 5 points.

1. The "Most Likely To Burst Into Tears When Kissed" Award - Cho Chang in OOTP
    2. The "Most Diligent Planner" Award - Hermione Granger in DH
    3. The "Sexiest And Most Stylish Villain" Award - Lucius Malfoy in everything except DH
    4. The "Most Annoying Angst-er" Award - Harry Potter in OOTP
    5. The "Worst Kid Name Ever" Award - Albus Severus Potter
    6. The "No, Scratch That, The ACTUAL Worst Kid Name Ever" Award - Scorpius Malfoy
    7. The "Most Faithful Companion" Award - Hedwig
    8. The "Lowest Self-Esteem Ever" Award - Ron Weasley in HBP
    9. The "Coolest And Most Creative Revenge" Award - Fred and George Weasley in OOTP
    10. The "Least Likely To Star In A Shampoo Commercial" Award - Severus Snape in everything

[Mar17swgirl]

[b][color=silver][hl=darkgreen]CREATIVE SPIRIT[/hl][/color][/b]

[b]Create a Harry Potter crossword puzzle (you can find a blank template on Google). You must include at least 50 words total, and they have to work down and across, just like a real crossword. 50 points.[/b]

[link=http://www.armoredpenguin.com/crossword/Data/2011.08/3119/31194807.645.html]Crossword puzzle[/link]

[i][Idrelle_Miocovani][/i]

[b]Create your own O RLY/YA RLY images using HP characters. May do up to 20. 10 points.[/b]

[link=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/Idrelle_Miocovani/JC%20House%20Cup%20Year%2018/ORL01.jpg]O RLY 01[/link]
    [link=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/Idrelle_Miocovani/JC%20House%20Cup%20Year%2018/ORLY02.jpg]O RLY 02[/link]
    [link=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/Idrelle_Miocovani/JC%20House%20Cup%20Year%2018/ORLY03.jpg]O RLY 03[/link]
    [link=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/Idrelle_Miocovani/JC%20House%20Cup%20Year%2018/ORLY04.jpg]O RLY 04[/link]
    [link=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/Idrelle_Miocovani/JC%20House%20Cup%20Year%2018/ORLY05.jpg]O RLY 05[/link]
    [link=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/Idrelle_Miocovani/JC%20House%20Cup%20Year%2018/ORLY06.jpg]O RLY 06[/link]
    [link=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/Idrelle_Miocovani/JC%20House%20Cup%20Year%2018/ORLY07.jpg]O RLY 07[/link]
    [link=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/Idrelle_Miocovani/JC%20House%20Cup%20Year%2018/ORLY08.jpg]O RLY 08[/link]
    [link=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/Idrelle_Miocovani/JC%20House%20Cup%20Year%2018/ORLY09.jpg]O RLY 09[/link]
    [link=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/Idrelle_Miocovani/JC%20House%20Cup%20Year%2018/ORLY10.jpg]O RLY 10[/link]
    [link=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/Idrelle_Miocovani/JC%20House%20Cup%20Year%2018/ORLY11.jpg]O RLY 11[/link]
    [link=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/Idrelle_Miocovani/JC%20House%20Cup%20Year%2018/ORLY12.jpg]O RLY 12[/link]
    [link=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/Idrelle_Miocovani/JC%20House%20Cup%20Year%2018/ORLY13.jpg]O RLY 13[/link]
    [link=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/Idrelle_Miocovani/JC%20House%20Cup%20Year%2018/ORLY14.jpg]O RLY 14[/link]
    [link=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/Idrelle_Miocovani/JC%20House%20Cup%20Year%2018/orly15.jpg]O RLY 15[/link]
    [link=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/Idrelle_Miocovani/JC%20House%20Cup%20Year%2018/ORLY16.jpg]O RLY 16[/link]
    [link=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/Idrelle_Miocovani/JC%20House%20Cup%20Year%2018/ORLY17.jpg]O RLY 17[/link]
    [link=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/Idrelle_Miocovani/JC%20House%20Cup%20Year%2018/ORLY18.jpg]O RLY 18[/link]
    [link=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/Idrelle_Miocovani/JC%20House%20Cup%20Year%2018/ORLY19.jpg]O RLY 19[/link]
    [link=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/Idrelle_Miocovani/JC%20House%20Cup%20Year%2018/ORLY20.jpg]O RLY 20[/link]

[i][Idrelle_Miocovani][/i]

[b]Create a wizarding holiday. Include information on when the holiday is, the history behind it, and

8. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    MUSICAL SPIRIT

Compose and record a new instrumental theme score for the movies. Must be at least 1 minute long. (you can use any instrument or instruments you desire, including coconuts.) 100 points.

Of Descending Dusk and Madness

[Cobranaconda]

[b][color=silver][hl=darkgreen]DRAMATIC SPIRIT[/hl][/color][/b]

[b]Rewrite any scene in any Shakespeare play to make it fit the HP world.[/b]

Note: This takes place during Harry's fourth year at Hogwarts, when he's in the middle of his Triwizard craziness.

---

SCENE III. A heath near Hogwarts.

Thunder. Enter the three Witches

FIRST WITCH
    Where hast thou been, sister?

SECOND WITCH
    Killing Muggles.

THIRD WITCH
    Sister, where thou?

FIRST WITCH
    A First Year had chocolate frogs in her lap,
    And munch'd, and munch'd, and munch'd:--
    'Give me,' quoth I:
    'Aroint thee, witch!' the rump-fed ronyon cries.
    Her head of House to Hogsmeade gone, master o' the Potions:
    But on a broom I'll thither sail,
    And, like a rat without a tail,
    I'll do, I'll do, and I'll do.

SECOND WITCH
    I'll give thee a potion.

FIRST WITCH
    'Tis a kind motion.

THIRD WITCH
    And I another.

FIRST WITCH
    I myself have all the other,
    And the magic they sow
    And the cauldrons that they know
    I' the girl's card.
    I will drain her dry as hay:
    Sleep shall neither night nor day
    Examinations she shall fail;
    Drop she from her broom in the next strong gale;
    Weary se'n nights nine times nine
    Shall she dwindle, peak and pine:
    Though her flesh cannot be lost,
    Yet it shall be tempest-tost.
    Look what I have.

SECOND WITCH
    Show me, show me.

FIRST WITCH
    Here I have a student's thumb,
    Wreck'd as to Hogwarts he did come.

Drum within

THIRD WITCH
    A drum, a drum!
    The Chosen One doth come.

ALL
    Eye of rabbit,
    The weird sisters, hand in hand,
    Posters of the sea and land,
    Thus do go about, about:
    Thrice to thine and thrice to mine
    And thrice again, to make up nine.
    Eye of rabbit,
    Harp string hum,
    Turn this water into rum!
    Peace! the spell's wound up.

Enter HARRY, RON, and HERMIONE

HARRY
    So foul and fair a day I have not seen.
    At once I did know Cho Chang wouldst to look upon me
    But she did not.
    And Snape, with sound and fury, did look upon me, as Cho Chang could not,
    But detention could not be found in his heart.

RON
    How far is ?t called to Hogwarts?Bloody hell! What are these
    So withered and so wild in their attire,
    That look not like th' inhabitants o' th' Earth,
    And yet are on ?t??Live you? Or are you aught
    That man may question? You seem to understand me,
    By each at once leering at my chocolate frogs.
    You should be women, but thou art not lookers,
    And so I cannot interpret that you are so.

HARRY
    Speak, if you can: what are you?

HERMIONE
    Thinkest that read something about their kind, I did.
    'Twas in Hogwarts: A History. I recall it.

FIRST WITCH
    All hail, Harry Potter! hail to thee, Boy Who Lived!

SECOND WITCH
    All hail, Harry Potter, hail to thee, Chosen One!

THIRD WITCH
    All hail, Harry Potter, thou shalt be boyfriend to Cho Chang and wed to Ginny Weasley!

RON
    Harry, why do you start; and seem to fear
    Things that do sound so fair? I' the name of truth,
    Are ye conjurations of excess butterbeer, or that indeed
    Which outwardly ye show? My best mate
    You greet with present grace and great prediction
    Of marrying my sister, even as he sets his eyes 'pon Cho Chang,
    That he seems rapt withal: to me you speak not.
    If you can look into the seeds of time,
    And say which grain will grow and which will not,
    Do not speak to me, for I fear
    Your favours and your hate.

HERMIONE
    Thou knowest, they are going to speak,
    Having your consent or not.

RON
    Blimey, Hermione, canst thou givest them a chance?

HARRY
    Be silent! Speak, hags.

FIRST WITCH
    Hail!

SECOND WITCH
    Hail!

THIRD WITCH
    Hail!

FIRST WITCH
    Lesser than Harry Potter, and greater.

SECOND WTICH
    Not married wel

9. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    They look great! I'll get to work on adding them up 8-}

10. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    It's been a week and no one's pestered for points yet? *gasp* :eek:

:p

11. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    She gave us an extra week - it's only fair we do the same :p

12. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    [image=http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b248/legomania4/ORLY16.jpg]

13. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Every time one of you posts I think she has given us scores! Stop!!!! :p

14. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    But... but... Warhol!Snape! :(

15. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] Thanks for the lag time! I'm working on them, I promise! I've finished Gryffindor and am working on Ravenclaw.

I'll update the title bar when I announce the final points so you guys aren't in suspense every time the thread is upped :p

16. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    But it's fun keeping people in suspense :p

17. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Okay, finally got through them all 8-} I'll save any sort of speeches, since I'm sure you're all just eager to see who won :p

FINAL POINTS

RAVENCLAW: 9,625
    SLYTHERIN: 4,835
    GRYFFINDOR: 2,390
    HUFFLEPUFF: Negative A Lot

Miana Kenobi: 6,045
    Mar17swgirl: 2,771
    Earwen_Lightrider: 1,533
    Daughter_of_YubYub: 1,510
    s65horsey: 1,473
    FelsGoddess: 1,015
    Idrelle_Miocovani: 946
    Beau: 940
    CodeName_Targeter: 822
    yodaminch: 427
    darthhelinith: 329
    JediVegeta: 304
    LilyHobbitJedi: 283
    wedge41388: 270
    Cobranaconda: 210
    QueenArdnassak: 180
    Qui-Gon_Reborn: 177
    JEDIGUNSHIP: 65
    Master_Jaina1011: 20
    _princess-leia_: 0
    jchef: 0
    JEDI_TEEGIRLOO: 0
    LouQuinn: 0
    Merlin_Ambrosius69: 0
    NicolasZN: 0
    TwinJediGirl: 0

WINNERS:

Ravenclaw: 1 week of colors
    Head Girl: Miana Kenobi
    Second Place Head Girl: Mar17swgirl
    Third Place Head Girl: Earwen_Lightrider

Since Miana already had colors, the prizes get bumped down; Mar gets a week and Nat gets 3 days.

You all have to stick to your House colors for the duration of your prizes.

Those few of you who didn't get 65 points will be getting a 24-hour gameban. You may post with a sock. I'm going out of town this weekend (bad timing, but I wanted to get points up before I left since you guys have been waiting), but the unbanning will take place as soon as possible (by another mod).

Ravenclaw, please let me know which icon you'd like (asap).

18. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Okay, review time. I know some of you liked the new tasks and some of you didn't. So:

What did you like? What didn't you like? What would you like to see more/less of next time?

And, whether you loved the new tasks or hated them, were there enough tasks you did like? What you do think about a future task list with half repeat tasks and half new-ish tasks?

Do you have any other thoughts/questions/suggestions etc.?

19. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    [face_dancing]

Less video

More spoofing songs

20. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Holy carp, I have more points than the other houses. :eek:

We're getting icon votes right now.

Tasks that I don't want to see again:

- So many video tasks.
    - The whole-house-band-task. Yeah no.

Tasks I want back:
    - MSTs
    - Song parodies

21. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    I also had more fun with some of the create your own dragon or peeps stuff that I drew in my horrible attempt at art in GIMP.

22. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    Congrats Ravenclaw!

Nice job Miana!

Review:

What did you like?
    Potterizing a comic
    Pretty much all of Artistic spirit

What didn't you like?
    All house band task - I didn't hear back from everyone and had to scrap what I had done :( [maybe encourage all house participation, but don't require it for the completion of the task]

What would you like to see more/less of next time?
    bring back Parody songs
    bring back Potterizing art
    more song tasks
    Hmmm... I'd actually love to see a merging of the old task list with this new one.

And, whether you loved the new tasks or hated them, were there enough tasks you did like?

Yep, just not enough time.

What you do think about a future task list with half repeat tasks and half new-ish tasks?

I wouldn't mind a repeat of previous tasks list plus a heap of new ones, but I like a variety.

My main thought is just to make sure Gryffindor keeps up with Miana next game.

23. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Just the fact that we managed NOT to end up in the last place (or second to last, given that Hufflepuff pretty much dropped out :() is a huge success, considering that virtually all of my team disappeared mid-game... :p

So yeah, congrats Ravenclaw and thanks everyone for the good game! :D =D= =D= =D=

What did you like? What didn't you like? What would you like to see more/less of next time?

LIKED:
    - create your own dragon
    - your House signature food/drink
    - pretty much all of the Artistic Spirit tasks
    - the "which task did you like from the other Houses' last update?" task - even though that one was my idea :p - it a) forced everyone to post at least something each week, and b) motivated people to read other Houses' updates, so it wasn't like "we're only doing our stuff for ourselves and don't really read the other folks' stuff"

DIDN'T LIKE:
    - too many video tasks. These take a lot of time and not everyone has it, or the talent for it, or the necessary equipment. We had five of them this year if I'm not mistaken - I think one or two video tasks per game is more than enough...
    - the collab tasks (either within your House or between Houses). I know it should promote cooperation, but given that sometimes we are scattered all around the globe, cooperation can be a bit tricky. I'd limit it to one written collaboration task (like the "Co-write a fanfic" task).
    - the tasks that require physical stuff - create HP clothing/jewellery, gifts for other Houses, etc. Like Miana said (at least I think it was Miana :p), the beauty of this game is that it is virtual, so you only need your computer and internet to participate. While creating physical stuff can be fun and is pretty interesting, it will inevitably cost you money, and not everyone can commit to that. It should cost people money to participate in this game (other than paying for the internet connection, obviously, but that doesn't really count :p). We could have one such task, if people want, but it should be just a single one (no "up to 3" or anything).

And, whether you loved the new tasks or hated them, were there enough tasks you did like? What you do think about a future task list with half repeat tasks and half new-ish tasks?

Yes, most of the tasks I liked. :) Unfortunately, since most of my team has disappeared mid-game, and I was rather busy in RL, I was unable to finish them all... There should be more new tasks to keep the game fresh, but there should be also some old classics that can be done over and over without getting stale - like the MST3Ks, the "Day In The Life"s (can be either classic format or the Twitter format, doesn't matter - probably the classic format is better, as it doesn't require Twitter registration and stuff), the LOLPotters...

- MORE TIME. I don't think I can stress this enough. :p There are a LOT of tasks, and most of them are fun, but I feel 7 or 8 weeks are just not sufficient, especially since most of the tasks are such that take time to do (i.e. not like most of the tasks in the books/movies/things that were/things to come sections that are worth 5-15 points each and only take a few minutes to do). Especially since us long-time gamers are getting older and busier... :p
    - lose the ORLY/YARLY pics and bring back LOLPotters.
    - bring back song parodies. But not too many! 3 or 4 per game would be sufficient. ;) There shouldn't be more than 5 or 6 recorded songs (parodies or original) per game, since they can take a long time to make.
    - bring back art parodies. They're fairly easy to make and are good fun. But again, not too many. ;) 10 or so per game.
    - more tasks that explore or analyse JKR's world, because it does contain a lot of inconsistencies and things that don't make any sense (for instance: why doesn't Harry never have Muggle money during his holidays, even though Gringotts exchanges wizard money for Muggle money? Etc.) Give ideas on how to improve certain aspects of the b

24. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    I'd say have about 50 recording tasks, but I'm biased because then I'd get a lot of points :p

Also, I think having the unlimited points so low lowers my motivation to spam them as much as I used to. I did most of the ones I had this year on the first day then gave up intil the last week when Maria started kicking me.

25. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    Yay Ravenclaw! Or, in particular, yay Miana!

As for my thoughts on task changes, I think that I pretty much agree with what everyone else has said so far. BRING BACK THE SONG PARODIES. Or Ravenclaw will just keep doing parodies in sneaky ways regardless. :p Also, get rid of the videos, the fic that was supposed to be written with another House, and tasks that require physical stuff. As much fun as Miana and I had filming that one video scene thing, it's really not very feasible. We were lucky that we were both at D*C and managed to find a few minutes to film that. (And if anyone's wondering why we never move around, it's because I was wearing 4 inch stiletto boots and was going to cry if I had to stand up again and actually walk around.) But my costuming woes aside, filming scenes like that really isn't feasible because most of us don't live anywhere near each other. Also, I wasn't a huge fan of the tasks that required posting or do thing around the various boards but *shrug* that could just be me.

But anyways. Song parodies. Pretty pretty please?