main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Census The JC Hogwarts House Cup - Version 18 - Winner: Ravenclaw

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by NYCitygurl, Aug 5, 2011.

1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002

WEEK EIGHT POINTS

SLYTHERIN: 2,335
    RAVENCLAW: 2,130
    GRYFFINDOR: 710
    HUFFLEPUFF: -240

Miana Kenobi: 1,230
    Idrelle_Miocovani: 930
    FelsGoddess: 630
    Mar17swgirl: 620
    Earwen_Lightrider: 315
    JediVegeta: 280
    yodaminch: 280
    QueenArdnassak: 180
    LilyHobbitJedi: 160
    s65horsey: 130
    Qui-Gon_Reborn: 125
    Cobranaconda: 100
    CodeName_Targeter: 55
    darthhelinith: 40
    Daughter_of_YubYub: 35
    wedge41388: 30
    Master_Jaina1011: 20
    JEDIGUNSHIP: 15
    _princess-leia_: 0
    jchef: 0
    JEDI_TEEGIRLOO: 0
    LouQuinn: 0
    Merlin_Ambrosius69: 0
    NicolasZN: 0
    TwinJediGirl: 0

IMPORTANT: Nothing I haven't said before, but it bears repeating.

As you all know, the deadline for the game is 11:59 p.m. board times (PST) Saturday. As usual, there will be a bit of leeway because everyone tries to post at once. If there is an issue with getting things up by the deadline (issues like that's 3 a.m. for a House and no one particularly wants to stay up that late), let me know beforehand so we can work it out. However, I will not accept any tasks not posted on a private board after the deadline, so turn your private boards' posting and editing times on so I can double-check if the need arises.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I will not be up at the deadline (it's 3 a.m. for me and I don't particularly want to stay up that late), so ask early.

People who don't do at least 65 points' worth of tasks get a 24-hour gameban. You can still post with a sock during that time, but because of JC issues, you can't make a new sock.

When you're doing the Unlimited task, please divide up your unlimited tasks by the person who did them and number them. Me dividing them and counting them adds lots of unnecessary time to the points counting.

So if the unlimited task was to name websites, it would go:

NYCitygurl
    1. Google
    2. Yahoo
    3. Facebook
    4. Twitter

The_Loyal_Imperial
    1. TFN
    2. Flickr
    3. Sporcle

Also, if you would like your team's Excel spreadsheet before I post points to double-check my work, let me know before the deadline. Otherwise, there's a chance I do points early Sunday and then post them right away.

In your final update, please state which icon you want up if your House wins. If you don't have an icon, one will be made for you.

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I just want everyone to know that the Daily Prophet took me a combined 20 hours and was a 179.2 MB photoshop file with 116 layers.

[face_hypnotized]

That is all.

3. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Oh, wow. That's a LONG time.

4. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    My house has been way too empty. I've recruited one of my FF buddies to help me. It's not to late for him to join, right? So Beau is joining in.

5. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Nope! People can join in the middle of the game, so I don't see why that can't include right up to the last minute :)

Deadline is tonight! I can't wait to see all the tasks :)

6. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    Woohoo! Task time! :)

7. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    Final Gryffindor Update

BOOKS

Why did JKR give certain characters certain names? Analyze the name of any character. May do up to 3. 5 points.

If you were to rename a book, what would you call it and why? May do up to 7 (one for each book). 5 points.

Can Muggles (relatives of wizards, for instance) travel by Floo Network, Portkey, or Side-along Apparition? Give reasons why yes or no. Suggested by Mar17swgirl. 10 points.

I believe Muggles can travel by flu network and portkey. The magic involved with these objects appears to require no magical ability of the user. Particularly in the case of the portkey, in which you just hold onto it and it takes you somewhere, the only magic needed appears to be the spell that turns the object into a portkey in the first place.
    There is nothing in the books suggesting that the flu network cannot be used in a non-magical fire, as long as the green powder is used and your destination spoken clearly as you enter the flames.
    I do not believe that muggles can be transported by Side-along apparition, even with the aid of a wizard. I argue this because the process has been described by Dumbledore among others, as ?guiding?. This implies that the actual process involves some magical effort by the person who is being transported by the other more experienced wizard, and therefore muggles, having no magical ability, would not be able to use it.

- darthhelinith

What scene would you add to an HP book and why? 15 points.

Describe a Patronus of any character (except those we already know from the books). May do up to 5. Suggested by Mar17swgirl. 5 points.

Parvati Patil- Sparrow
    Padma Patil- Blue Tit
    Lee Jordan- African Grey Parrot
    Merope Guant- Mouse
    Charlie Weasly- Common Welsh Green Dragon

-darthhelinith

Who do you think is the best Death Eater and why? 10 points.

I think Bellatrix was the best Death Eater because she was completely faithful to her role. She was so in love with Voldemort and his ideals that she never would?ve let him down if she could help it.

- LilyHobbitJedi

What was the coolest wizarding duel and why? 10 points.

What one character do you think had the most influence on Harry?s life (and yes, you have to pick just one). 20 points.

I believe Lord Voldemort had the most influence on Harry's life. This may sound strange, but I believe Harry was determined to be nothing like Voldemort. Harry in many ways could have wanted to prove that just because he grew up in the similar unloving environment to Voldemort, it was not going to turn him into the monster his adversary became.
    Voldemort also defined the first 17 years of Harry's life, by unintentionally marking him as his equal. Although Harry didn't know of Voldemort's existence until he turned 11, Voldemort or events related to the Dark Lord's eventual return would hound him throughout his years at Hogwarts until the end of the Second Wizarding war.

-darthhelinith

How do Muggle-borns first get into Diagon Alley when they don't have a wand yet? Suggested by Mar17swgirl. 5 points.

A Ministry wizard goes with the Muggles and their kid and takes them to Diagon Alley the first time. The wizard also shows the Firstie how to get into Diagon Alley in the future.

- LilyHobbitJedi

What does Albus Dumbledore really see in the Mirror of Erised? 10 points.

I believe Albus Dumbledore really sees himself standing with Ariana Dumbledore, much like Harry saw himself standing with his relations, the Potters. Dumbledore felt strongly about his sister and was devastated when she was accidently killed; it permanently altered his relationship with his previously best friend Gellert Grindelwald. However, I believe the relationship with his brother was more strained, and Aberforth would not have been seen in the mirror.

-darthhelinith

8. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    MOVIES

If you were in charge of nominations for the Oscars, what awards would you nominate Deathly Hallows for and why? (Or if you don?t think it deserved any nominations, why?) 15 points.

What scenes were deleted from Deathly Hallows that you think should be added back and why? May do up to 2. 10 points.

What scenes were added/changed in Deathly Hallows that you like? May do up to 2. 10 points.

What scenes were added/changed in Deathly Hallows that you don?t like? May do up to 2. 10 points.

I don?t like the scene with Harry breaking the Elder wand at the end, instead of putting it back in Dumbledore?s tomb. I think that Harry should?ve also fixed his wand with the elder wand in the movie.

I also don?t like how in the epilogue scene they don?t really have any mention of Teddy Lupin. In fact there is hardly any mention of him in the movie, and they don?t show him at the end, and I think they should?ve.

- LilyHobbitJedi

Write a review of Deathly Hallows. 20 points.

Do you think ending DH Part I with Harry burying Dobby was a good choice? Why or why not? 15 points.

I think it ended with Dobby?s death was a good choice for several reasons. This is the last major event of the book before the final battle at Hogwarts begins. The last section of Deathly Hallows was so important to get right that it needed more movie to cover it all. Having it end with Dobby?s death also left Harry in turmoil and grief, so it felt an appropriate cliffhanger for the first part of Deathly Hallows. I think that it was the right choice to make and it felt right when putting the two movies together.

- LilyHobbitJedi

If you were to choose a new director for one (or more) of the movies, who would it be and why? 15 points.

What do you think the lasting legacy of the HP movies will be (or will they not have one)? 20 points.

Who was a better Dumbledore, Michael Gambon or Richard Harris? 15 points.

I think that despite his short time as Dumbledore, Richard Harris was much better in the role. Michal Gambon has done a remarkable job filling in, but I feel that Harris was the Dumbledore as I envisioned him from the book. He wasn?t as flamboyant as Gambon has been in the role and to me Harris feels more real to me as the character. Dumbledore is supposed to be a 150 years old and Gambon doesn?t really seem that old to me whereas Harris felt more like the old grandfatherly mentor character that I picture as Dumbledore.

- LilyHobbitJedi

Given the changes in direction, do you think the HP movies as a whole are cohesive, or do their different styles seem choppy when put together? 15 points.

Give an example of an exemplary scene from one of the movies and describe what makes it so great. May do up to 5. 10 points.

Vote in the ?What is your favorite HP movie v3? poll. Then post and explain why. May do as many as smallest House has players (so, 4 ? though I encourage everyone to vote anyway). 10 points.

I enjoyed them all. However, when I think of favorite scenes - Wizard Chess was one of my favorites. So Sorcerer's/Philosopher's Stone gets my vote. It was fun to see the introductions of the various characters.

- Earwen_Lightrider

PoA is still my favorite, because I liked how they pulled off the time-turner sequences cinemtacially. Also, seeing Hermione slapping Draco in the face was priceless.

- JEDIGUNSHIP

I have to say that my favorite is Deathly Hallows Part 2 since I loved to see the happy ending. And I really enjoyed how everything came full circle.

- LilyHobbitJedi

I voted for Prisoner of Azkaban in the poll because I believe it is the point where the film series matured from its children's fantasy mode and becomes much more adult. This is reflected both in the maturing characters and the darker subjects being discussed and darker overall mood. The film brings across perfec

9. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    THINGS THAT WERE

Why does Dumbledore have all those names, and why did his parents choose those particular selections? 10 points.

What famous real-life people (dead or alive) are actually wizards, and what are/were they particularly talented in? May do up to 10 (and you can?t use Charlie Sheen; that?s just too easy :p ). 5 points.

Describe a wand (length, type of wood, magical core) for any character (except those we already know from the books). May do up to 10. Suggested by Mar17swgirl. 5 points.

1) Rita Skeeter:
    Length: 12 inches
    Wood: Yew
    Core: Unicorn Hair

The yew wood and unicorn hair have been in constant struggle since her bent wand was created. This was her first wand and she was surprised one day to find that the unicorn hair had ceased to function.

2) Colin Creevey
    Length: 17 inches
    Wood: Ebony
    Core: Leprechaun Hair

This wand is generally lucky and aids him in defensive spells. However, since he isn't full blooded Irish, the wand is temperamental and fails him during the battle of Hogwarts.

3) Dennis Creevey
    Length: 15 inches
    Wood: Japenese Maple
    Core: Hair from the mane of a Kelpie

This is a generally hardy wand that is helpful in casting most spells. It is a supple wand that aids in protective and defensive spells.

4) Professor Trelawney
    Length: 12 and 3/4 inches
    Wood: Purpleheart
    Core: Hippogriff Talon

The Purpleheart wood used to make Trelawney's bendy wand lends it well to the work of divination. The Hippogriff Talon core helps with charms.

5) Gabrielle Delacour
    Length: 13 inches
    Wood: Cherry wood
    Core: Veela Hair

This wand allows Gabrielle to interact well with nature. The Veela hair was donated by her grandmother. The wand at times proves quite temperamental.

6) Regulus Black
    Length: 16 inches
    Wood: Ironwood
    Core: Dragon Heartstring

This wand is especially good at curses and hexes.

7) Rodolphus Lestrange
    Length: 10 inch
    Wood: Spruce
    Core: Runespoor Fang

This wand is suited to the dark arts and thus a fitting wand.

8) Alicia Spinnet
    Length: 20 inches
    Wood: Oak
    Core: Unicorn Tail

Finds the pure of heart.

9) Fred Weasley II
    Length: 18 inches
    Wood: Lacewood
    Core: Leprechaun hair

This wand grants Fred a double dose of luck. Something he needs around his prankster father.

10) Lily Potter (Harry's daughter)
    Length: 16 inches
    Wood: Rosewood
    Core: Ashwinder Ash

This wand does well with healing and protection, things Lily excels at in school (when she finally goes).

- Beau & Earwen_Lightrider (5 each)

Were any of the adult characters involved in a scandalous romance? Who and why? May do up to 3. 10 points.

What did Dumbledore do to earn the Order of Merlin, First Class? 10 points.

Since the Order of Merlin was founded by Merlin in the Middle Ages to promote laws that protect and benefit Muggles. One would assume that it is given out as an award for similar reasons. Dumbledore earned his Order of Merlin, First Class for his efforts to protect Muggles against Dark Lord Voldemort and his Death Eaters during the First Wizarding War. Rumor has it that several of the surviving members of the Order of the Phoenix were responsible for Dumbledore receiving the reward.

- Earwen_Lightrider

Why was the Triwizard Tournament not held for so many years? 10 points.

The rampaging cockatrice incident of the 1792 Triwizard Tournament was enough to prevent the tournament from being held for several years, but the second source was a letter each of the injured Headmasters/Headmistresses received which indicated the other two heads of plotting against him/her and actually orchestrating the release of the cockatrice. It wasn't until 1993, when discussions of reinstating the tournament began anew that each Headmaster/Headmistress presented Barty Crouch Sr. and Ludo Bagman with the letter as proof of why the games should not be allowed. The three letters were placed side by side and determined to all have been written by the same hand. Further investigation turned up that it was the handwriting of

10. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    THINGS TO COME

What do you think is next for the HP world? A stage production? A sequel/prequel book? A Voldemort spinoff TV show? 15 points.

I don?t think that the fans of Harry Potter will ever let it die, and I think that J.K. Rowling?s next project should be a prequel. I?m one of the HP fans that is completely fascinated with the Marauder era. It would be really interesting to see a closer look at just how the Marauders became friends and animagi. It would also be interesting to see how James finally got Lily to date him. I really think that a Marauder era prequel would be an excellent addition to the Harry Potter canon.

- LilyHobbitJedi

With Professor McGonagall retired by the epilogue, who is now Headmaster/mistress of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry? Suggested by yodaminch. 5 points.

Horace Slughorn

- Earwen_Lightrider

What will any of the next generation (Teddy, H/G and R/H?s kids, etc.) do after they graduate from Hogwarts? May do up to 3. 10 points.

Teddy Lupin will become a famour Auror, using his Metamorphmagus abilities to their full potential in catching Dark Wizards and Witches. When he was trained to be an Auror - he passed both "Concealment and Disguise" and "Stealth and Tracking" with flying colors.

Victoire Weasley will spend a summer with her Uncle Charlie tending dragons. This will serve as a rough patch of time in her relationship with Teddy as long distances tend to put a strain on relationships. Her Uncle's enthusiasm for dragons will be so catching that Victoire will take up a career in the study and care of dragons.

Scorpius Malfoy, to his Grandfather's horror, will join the Magic of Ministry in the office of the Misuse of Muggle Artefacts. He will be so successful in his persuits that he will eventually become head of his office. He was also one of Hermione's most vocal supporters in eradicating old laws baised in favour of pure-bloods.

- Earwen_Lightrider

What other ghosts will Hogwarts acquire? How will they die and why will they haunt Hogwarts? May do up to 3. 10 points.

Jonhathen C. Markus - In his third year at Hogwarts he was late for class and running through the halls to get there. He stumbled down a flight of stairs and impaled himself with his own wand. Jonhathen has been lecturing students on the importance of punctuality ever since.

Alexander Wahlwing - Died of mysterious consequences from a potion gone wrong in Potions class. Blame was placed on a Slytherin boy who had handed her an ingredient. The death was deemed accidental, but she can still be seen scouring the Potion classroom and the Slytherin boys' dorm for proof of intent.

- Beau

Professor Abby Noonam - Died when jumping in front of a hex that would have hit a Threstral the spell casting student did not see. She remains at Hogwarts to insure that creatures large and small are properly cared for. So treat your owl/cat/rat nice or she'll haunt you.

- Earwen_Lightrider

Which characters (besides Neville) end up teaching classes at Hogwarts at some point? What do they teach? May do up to 2. 10 points.

Luna Lovegood teaches Care of Magical Creatures for a term after Hagrid retires. After the Headmaster is inundated with Howlers from distraught parent's wondering why their children's heads are being filled with nonsense creatures no one can see - he is forced to let Luna go.

Hermione teaches Arithmancy for two years while building up a strong S.P.E.W. movement among the Hogwarts students. She relinquishes her position when an opportunity for greater impact arises.

- Earwen_Lightrider

What House was Albus Severus Potter sorted into? Suggested by yodaminch. 5 points.

He was sorted into Gryffindor because the Sorting Hat would know that Albus was dreading being put into Slytherin, and like his father before him the Hat considered his opinion before sorting him.

- LilyHobbitJedi

What will be the next great magical invention? 10 points.

An Animal Translation Spell that allows the caster to understand the language of all

11. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    The yellow. it hurts. :(

(Also, Slytherin, you online to go up next, or can I go next?)

12. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    HOUSE PRIDE

Pick any person, real or fictional, living or dead, and state why he/she is in your House. 2 points each. UNLIMITED.

Gryffindor Unlimiteds [Total: 200]

Earwen_Lightrider [Total: 154]
    1 Aang - for his courage in learning how to firebend after accidentally burning Katara.
    2 Abraham for having the courage to leave his homeland and travel to a new land.
    3 Achilles for his bravery in battle.
    4 Adam Lindsay Gordon - for recognizing that "Life is mostly froth and bubble, To things stand like stone, Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own." [Ye Wearie Wayfarer, Fytte 8]
    5 Aeneas for bravely leading the Trojan's in battle.
    6 Agamemnon for bravely leading his troops to victory.
    7 Ali Baba for daring to gain the thieves' treasure.
    8 Alice for daring to follow the white rabbit.
    9 Anthony Trollope because he recognized that we need courage to face both the rewarding and painful things in life.
    10 Antigone for bravely defying the King and burring her brother even when it meant death.
    11 Ares for being the Greek god of war, war being a testing ground for the courage and bravery of men.
    12 Aristotle for having the courage to disagree with his teacher.
    13 Athena for bravely protecting Odysseus.
    14 Atlas for going to battle against Zues.
    15 Babar for his many adventures.
    16 Captain Ahab for bravely hunting Moby Dick.
    17 Cassandra for bravely predicting the outcome of the Trojan War.
    18 Cerberus for bravely guarding the entrance into Hades.
    19 Charles Reade for his courage in drawing attention to the abuses of private lunatic asylums.
    20 Charon for bravely ferrying the souls of the dead across the river Styx.
    21 Chief Hakoda for bravely fighting the Fire Nation.
    22 Cinderella for having the courage to attend the ball even after her step-mother and step-sisters tried to prevent her from attending.
    23 Daedalus for bravely escaping the Labyrinth he created.
    24 Damon for bravely preparing to die in Pythias' place.
    25 Daniel for facing the lions in the lions' den.
    26 David for courageously facing Goliath.
    27 Don John of Austria - because he has a brave beard.
    28 Don Quixote for trying to revive the golden age of chivalry.
    29 Edmund Burke - for he laments when courage is lacking.
    30 Edward House for his role in shaping wartime diplomacy.
    31 Electra for bravely avenging her father.
    32 Elijah for standing up to Jezebel.
    33 Emile Zola for boldly criticizing the French government.
    34 Esau for bravely ending the feud with his brother.
    35 Esther for bravely stopping a plot to massacre Jews.
    36 Faust for daring to become a legendary wizard despite the cost.
    37 Frances Gormley - for bravely raising nine children.
    38 Francis of Assisi for bravely standing up against church hierarchy.
    39 G. K. Chesterton for writing about Don John's brave beard.
    40 George Bernard Shaw for acknowledging that one man can beat ten when he bravely sets his mind to it.
    41 Good Samaritan for bravely aiding the robbed man.
    42 Gran Gran Kanna for bravely allowing her Grandchildren to go off with the Avatar.
    43 Gretel for pushing the witch into the stove.
    44 Guglielmo Marconi - for daring to invent.
    45 Hansel for bravely exploring the woods.
    46 Hector for being a brave Trojan warrior.
    47 Henry David Thoreau for acknowledging the courage Bonaparte sought.
    48 Henry V (Shakespeare character) for recognizing that when "we are in great danger; the greater therefore should our courage be."
    49 Hephaestus for courageously working with metal and fire.
    50 Hercules for bravely completing the twelve labors.
    51 Hermes for bravely being the messenger.
    52 Herodotus for bravely paving the way for narrative history.
    53 Hiawatha for bravely urging peace between his people and the European settlers.
    54 Honore de Balzac for boldly portraying the complexity of French society.
    55 Icarus for having he courage to try his father's wings.
    56 Io for daring to bring the wrath of Hera upon her.
    57 Iroh - for facing the dragons and bravely keeping their existence a secret.
    58 Isaiah for bravely sharing prophecies.
    59 J. M. Barrie for recognizing the importance of courag

13. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    The yellow hurts me too :( because it is left undone :(.

~*~*~*~

HUMR

Lockhart is running for Minister of Magic, and you?re in charge of designing his campaign.
    Choose his platform (must include at least 3 issues) (20 points)
    Create 30-second (or more) video ad (100 points)
    Create a campaign website (50 points)
    Write a speech for Lockhart to give (35 points)

What sorts of pranks did Fred and George get up to while they were at Hogwarts? May do up to 15. 5 points.

1) They posed as each other. A rather harmless pastime until their dates caught on.
    2) They shaved Mrs. Norris.
    3) Dared first years to broom races around the Whomping Willow.
    4) Died Crookshanks hair pink.
    5) Enchanted a snake statue near Slytherin commons to hiss out "Slytherin sucks" each time a student passed.
    6) Ganged up with Peeves to torment first years.
    7) Gave all the girls in Ravenclaw Valentine's day chocolates that made them break out into rainbow hives.
    8) Gave Conversation hearts that shouted insults to all of Slytherin.
    9) Tied Ron upsidedown to the moving staircase.
    10) Broadcast Ginny's crush on Dean in fireworks at the end of a Quidditch match.
    11) Hid Luna's shoes.
    12) Changed the shampoo bottles in the girl's shower with neon green hair dye (which Luna enjoyed).
    13) Enchanted Percy's robe with a moving kick me sign.
    14) Enchanted the Fat Lady's portrait with a frog croaking spell every time she tried to sing.
    15) Letting off a crate of Weasleys' Wildfire Whiz-bangs during a Slytherin vs. Hufflepuff Quidditch match.

- Earwen_Lightrider

What fictional awards would you nominate characters for? (For example, Harry could win most PMSing for his appearance in OotP, or Sirius could win Best Pet, etc.) The goal is to make them funny. May do up to 10. 5 points.

Create a new department for the Ministry of Magic. Include its duties, how many people staff it, etc. And try to make it something funny. May do up to 3. 25 points.

Create a funny HP video or spoof. Content is totally up to you (but make sure it fits the JC?s content guidelines). Must be at least 1 minute in length. 150 points.

Write a story (or make a video) of HP characters put in any real reality show (e.g. The X Factor, The Real Housewives of Whatever, Jersey Shore, Survivor, etc.). 100 points.

Write a story in which the characters find and read HP fanfic. 100 points.

Write a chapter from Rita Skeeter?s tell-all book. Suggested by yodaminch. 100 points.

Create (written or filmed) a wizarding TV ad in which an HP character is advertising a wizarding product (e.g., a spot for Weasleys? Wizarding Wheezes). 100 points.

Create (and draw or make) HP-themed Peeps. May do up to 2 different kinds. 45 points.

[image=http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii90/NataLekku/HouseCup/potterchapter0003.jpg]

[image=http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii90/NataLekku/HouseCup/potterchapter0002.jpg]

- Beau

The Sorting Hat got too busy to create a new sorting song one year and put Peeves in charge. Write the song. Must be at least 50 lines long. 50 points.
    BONUS: Record the song. 100 points.

Poetry Challenge: Write a poem of any sort having to do with anything in the HP world, with the following restrictions:
    --It must have exactly 467 words
    --It must include the words song, cookie, and dragon
    --It must NOT include the word magic
    --At least two of the lines have to begin with words starting with the letter Y
    --It has to somehow involve spoons
    60 points.

A Love Poem To Hermione
    By Ron Weasley

My beautiful Hermione,
    If only you were mine?
    I'd always cook you dinner.
    Even though I can't cook.
    I can't cook well, anyway.
    I'd make you soup,
    Which we could eat with Mum's
    Fancy spoons.
    The ones she only brings out
    When important company comes.
    You are important enough
    For fancy spoons,
    My dearest Hermione.
    I could teach you to play
    Spoons.
    They are not a musical instrument,
    Nor a sport,
    But a card game.
    You would like it.
    And

14. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    CREATIVE SPIRIT

Create and describe three tasks for a past (or future) Triwizard Tournament. These can be separate or form an "arc" (like in the fourth book, when the object of the first task was a clue to the second task). Suggested by mar17swgirl. 20 points.

Create a Harry Potter crossword puzzle (you can find a blank template on Google). You must include at least 50 words total, and they have to work down and across, just like a real crossword. 50 points.

[image=http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii90/NataLekku/HouseCup/HPCrossword.jpg]

Across
    1. least popular Headmaster of Hogwarts
    3. to turn a wand into a light
    5. to summon
    8. founder of S.P.E.W.
    10. the spell Lockhart used to become famous
    11. Luna's roaring hat
    15. turns an object into a Portkey
    18. The Boy Who Lived
    25. useful in healing minor injuries
    27. Headmaster when Chamber of Secrets first opened
    28. SNEAK
    29. Disarming Charm
    35. ghost of Gryffindor tower
    39. talking to snakes
    41. Severing Charm
    44. lost an ear
    45. before he sparkled
    46. the club made up of Slughorn's favorite students
    47. Royal
    48. sock lover
    50. from Rodent to Rapier
    Down
    2. an Unforgivable Curse granting control
    4. spell created by Snape and used by Harry on Draco
    6. lost his son in the Triwizard Tournament
    7. gave Professor Slughorn Francis
    9. to open that which is locked
    12. Avada Kedavra does this
    13. mother of seven
    14. incarnation of caster's innermost positive feelings
    16. Padfoot was which Sirius Black
    17. retired in order to enjoy more time with his remaining limbs
    19. Hagrid's dragon
    20. listened only to Albus Dumbledore and the Bloody Baron
    21. River
    22. Hagrid's half-Giant love interest
    23. wizard born muggle
    24. a spell used to duplicate
    26. disguised himself as an armchair
    30. hated his R sweater
    31. for hours of stair sliding fun
    32. non-magical human
    33. blasting curse
    34. an easy way to move a Christmas tree
    36. Harry's first crush
    37. worst memory is calling the girl he loved a Mudblood
    38. Muggle-born witch or wizard
    39. result of Wizard inbreeding
    40. Hagrid's first name
    42. punched by Granger
    43. Romulus
    49. inflicts unbearable pain on the recipient

I have an answer key that is available via PM request.

- Earwen_Lightrider

What is the equivalent Ministry of Magic in other countries? Take a country of your choice and create the magical government. You must include:
    The government?s name (5 points)
    The current leader (5 points)
    How officials are chosen (5 points)
    How long the government has been in power (5 points)
    A brief history of the government, including two magical crises it dealt with, whether successfully or not (20 points)
    At least 5 departments within each government and what they?re responsible for (25 points)
    BONUS: Create a website for the government (30 points)
    BONUS: Draw/create a symbol or coat of arms for the government (30 points)

Create HP JC icons for a holiday (or holidays) of your choice. Must be holiday-specific (so a Valentines icon would be of two characters kissing, or would be one of those candy hearts that says ?I Love Voldy? or something). May do up to 10. 20 points.

Create a gift for another House Cup participant using their House as the theme. Gift can be anything from virtual (fanfic story, wallpaper, song, papercraft pattern, etc.) to physical (painting, craft, jewelry, clothing, etc.). [Basically an HP craft swap]. May do up to 4 (one for each house). Suggested by Earwen Lightrider. 100 points.
    BONUS: 10 points per gift received before the game ends.

Design the front page for the Daily Prophet. Include headlines, photos/images, and at least three articles. 75 points for content and 75 points for design (so if you want to split the task so one person writes the articles and one person does the layout, that?s fine).

Create an HP-themed game for Census and Games. Write up the proposal and rules (you can look at any C&G game?s first post to see how to do that). 35 points.

Take a quote of any length from any book and cha

15. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    ARTISTIC SPIRIT

HP-ize any comic strip. What exactly does that mean? You decide! (You can stick HP characters in a strip, you can take a situation in a strip and apply it to Hogwarts life, whatever.) 100 points.

[image=http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii90/NataLekku/HouseCup/hptask0002.jpg]

- Beau

Design a new Dumbledore?s Army symbol. 40 points.

Design HP-themed clothes (HP T-shirts, shoes with lightning bolts, etc.) and create them (you can draw them, use Paint, whatever; they must be original?AKA you can?t do an Internet search?but they don?t have to be artistically spectacular). May do up to 5. 45 points.
    BONUS: Actually make them (e.g. get your print put on a t-shirt.) 30 points.

Create your own wizarding art museum. Tell us where it is, give us some history, and give some info on how many pieces of art it holds, how big it is, etc. You should also mention at least two artists whose works are exhibited and give a little biography information. 50 points.
    BONUS: Create (in any fashion?drawing, painting, sculpture, etc.) a work of art that?s in the museum. May do up to 2. 75 points each.
    BONUS: Create a website to house all this information. 35 points.

Tzarina Dawing's Art Museum

Direct link to task details.

Website and museum description by Earwen_Lightrider
    Two bonus works of art by Beau

- Earwen_Lightrider and Beau

Create an HP-themed tattoo. May do up to 6. 45 points.

Redesign the cover of an HP book. You can do it in any way you please, but you must change the design in a major way. May do up to 7 (one for each book). 80 points.

Illustrate a chapter of any HP book. Must include at least 5 illos. May do up to 2. 250 points.

[image=http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii90/NataLekku/HouseCup/potterchapter0001.jpg]

[image=http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii90/NataLekku/HouseCup/potterchapter0007.jpg]

[image=http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii90/NataLekku/HouseCup/potterchapter0005.jpg]

[image=http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii90/NataLekku/HouseCup/potterchapter0006.jpg]

[image=http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii90/NataLekku/HouseCup/potterchapter0008.jpg]

- Beau

Create and draw/paint/etc. your own dragon. Give information on what type of dragon it is, where it?s from, what it likes to eat, etc. 100 points.

[image=http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii90/NataLekku/HouseCup/hptask0001.jpg]

- Beau

Create/draw a family tree for any wizarding family (feel free to invent family members). Give it a fun design, not just a chart. 100 points.

Draw a portrait for any Hogwarts professor. May do up to 3. 100 points.

A Trio of Professors
    [image=http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii90/NataLekku/HouseCup/hogwartsprofessors.jpg]

- Beau

16. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    LITERARY SPIRIT

Write a Day in the Life of a Harry Potter character using Twitter. Create your own Twitter account and update it throughout a period of time as if you were the character (I recommend creating an account like HC18GryffindorHarry or something). You must include at least 30 Tweets per character. You should also create them in real time. (So you don?t have to Tweet all day, you can do it spread throughout a week, but make sure it sounds as though it?s Tweets from a whole week (or an hour, or whatever period of time)). May do up to 4. Suggested by Idrelle_Miocovani. 60 points each.

Write an all-dialogue fanfic. No he said/she said, no character thoughts, nothing but the dialogue. 100 points.

Co-write a fanfic! It can be about anything and in any form, but there have to be 2 authors . . . and they can?t be from the same House. (Yes, that means you will have to work with the enemy of your choice, and since each House can only write one, you?ll be splitting up two and two. Each House and each individual will get complete points for this task.) 125 points for each person.

50 Sentence Challenge: Take the 50 Harry Potter-themed words in the 50 Sentences Challenge (the first table under January) and write an HP fanfic sentence about each. You don?t have to include the word in the sentence, but the sentence should set the tone or theme. You can bend the rules of grammar, but there can only be one sentence in each. (Note: The 50 sentences together form one task; this can?t be split.) For examples on the JC, see the thread. (If you?ve already participated, you have to do new sentences.) Words contributed by Mira_Jade. 80 points.

Write a Monty Python's Fifteen-Minute version of any HP book or the whole series (example here: Monty Python's Fifteen Minute Silmarillion). Suggested by Mar17swgirl. 80 points.

Create a blog for any HP character, including the website (you can use a free blogging site such as WordPress or Blogspot). Each blog must include at least 6 entries. May do up to 4. 60 points.

Don't Call Me Nymphadora!

- Earwen_Lightrider

Write a crossover between HP and any other fandom (please check the http://boards.theforce.net/non_star_wars_fan_fiction/b10808[/URL]]Non Star wars Fan fiction (NSWF) http://boards.theforce.net/non_star_wars_f...28662927/p1/?68[/URL]]disallowed works list for any possible issues). 100 points.

AN: This takes place during 5th year at Hogwarts and after 3rd series for Merlin. And Arthur knows about Merlin?s magic for the sake of this fic.

?That was brilliant,? George Weasley remarked, grinning madly at his twin.

?It was bloody fantastic!? Fred exclaimed. ?Did you see Filch?s face when he saw Mrs. Norris??

?He should be thanking us,? George scoffed. ?Pink is definitely an improvement.?

?WEASLEYS!? Filch roared, spotting them down the corridor. ?Stay where you are!?

?Detention?? Fred asked his brother.

?Of course,? George muttered under his breath as Filch reached where they were standing. The caretaker was literally shaking with fury as he glowered at the two young Gryffindors.

?How dare you!? Filch yelled angrily, but growing even more furious at witnessing the twins apparent lack of remorse. In fact they were doing all they could do to keep from bursting out in uproarious laughter. It didn?t help that Mrs. Norris came walking up being Filch at that moment, causing the two boys to burst out laughing.

?My office, NOW!? Filch yelled, leading the way.

?I don?t really fancy a talking to,? George mused.

?Me neither,? Fred agreed.

Togethe

17. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    DRAMATIC SPIRIT

It?s Harry Potter on stage! Turn a scene of your choice into part of a play and write the script for it, including any necessary stage cues. May do up to 2. Suggested by Idrelle_Miocovani. 75 points.
    BONUS: Film the scene. 250 points.

Rewrite any scene in any Shakespeare play to make it fit the HP world. 65 points.

Create the playbill for a Harry Potter play. Include a front cover picture, list of cast and crew, a synopsis of the acts, and a few production notes. May do up to 7 (one for each book). Suggested by Idrelle_Miocovani. 75 points.

If you were casting a stage version of Harry Potter, which actors would you pick and why? If you pick someone without stage experience, do you think it will hinder that actor? May cast up to 10 characters. 10 points.

Who was the wizarding world?s answer to the Bard? Come up with your own wizarding Shakespeare. Give biographical information. 35 points.
    BONUS: Write a scene from one of his or her plays. It can be set whenever and include canon or original characters, but it must be recognizably in the HP world. May do up to 3 (Can be scenes from the same play). 75 points.

Create an advertisement for an up-coming wizard film or TV show that would appear in the Daily Prophet. Suggested by Idrelle_Miocovani. 40 points.
    BONUS: Film the ad. 85 points.

Create a scene from a Harry Potter TV show using animation, claymation, puppets?anything but the traditional live action. Must be at least 2 minutes. 250 points.

As The Page Turns - Gildroy Lockhart and the Giant Cat

- Earwen_Lightrider

Take an at least somewhat well-known TV show or movie and write a scene/fic replacing the show/movie?s characters with characters from the HP verse. i.e.: What would Harry and Co. do if they were stuck on the island from Lost? 100 points.

18. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    MUSICAL SPIRIT

Pick a song (any song, from instrumental to Kanye) that you think should be playing during a scene. May do up to 15. 5 points.

1. Grapevine Fires by Death Cab for Cutie ? Voldemort's second rise to power.
    2. Hot N Cold by Katy Perry ? Ron and Lavender
    3. I Wouldn't Be a Man by Josh Turner ? Harry and Ginny's kiss in the Weasly's kitchen
    4. Disturbia by Rihanna ? Bellatrix Lestrange's anthem
    5. King of Anything by Sara Bareilles ? When Lily was completely disgusted by James
    6. If I Die Young by The Band Perry ? Dobby's funeral
    7. Get Out Alive by Three Days Grace ? Malfoy's thoughts when Voldemort took his wand
    8. Monster by Skillet ? When Remus turned into a Werewolf
    9. Stand in the Rain by Superchick ? "When the love of Hermione's life left her, she continued to search for the keys to destroying the world's most powerful Dark Wizard."
    10. Someday You Will Be Loved by Death Cab for Cutie ? Lavender, after the breakup.
    11. 45 by Shine Down ? The pressure and impending doom of Harry's fate
    12. If Love was a Plane by Brad Paisley ? All the relationships in Harry Potter
    13. When I Say I Do by Matthew West ? Bill and Fleur's Wedding
    14. The Devil Came Back to Georgia by The Charlie Daniels Band ? All the times Voldemort was defeated and came back for more
    15. Go The Distance from Hercules ? Harry's quest to be a hero and finally find a place where he belongs

- QueenArdnassak

Create a song for Celestina Warbuck to sing. May do up to 3. 30 points.
    BONUS: Record your song. 100 points.

HP has gone musical! Turn any scene into a musical (or make up your own HP musical scene) with all words as song lyrics. 40 points.
    BONUS: Record the musical scene. 200 points for each minute (may do up to 3 minutes).

Compose and record a new instrumental theme score for the movies. Must be at least 1 minute long. (you can use any instrument or instruments you desire, including coconuts.) 100 points.

Turn your House into a band! Include player biographies (real or fake), what instruments each person plays (or what they contribute to the group; e.g., does one person just do your PR?). The catch: Every member of the House who earns more than 65 points must contribute SOMETHING to this task, whether it be their bio, a bonus, even giving an idea (be sure to include which player did what. 40 points for main tasker. 10 points for every contributing player. Bonuses can be done by any player (for additional points).
    BONUS: Create two songs (at least 20 lines in length) for your band. May do up to 2. 30 points.
    BONUS: Record your band?s song. May do up to 2. 100 points.
    BONUS: Create a poster for your band. May do up to 2. 50 points.
    BONUS: Create a website for the band and include the above. 35 points.

Create an HP musical video. You can make it scenes from the movies, you and your friends dressed up as wizards and dancing around, a Dumbledore tribute, a Voldy fan video, whatever. And don?t forget to set it to music. Must be at least 1 minute. You can only use one song. 150 points.

Create a musical awards ceremony similar to the Tonys or the VMAs. Include the history of the event, the nominations categories, etc. 35 points.
    BONUS: Write a scene with HP characters attending your ceremony. 100 points.

Write a song about any character in the HP-verse. 30 points.
    BONUS: Record the song by singing a capella-style. 125 points.

Snape's Choice

Snape, Snape, Severus Snape
    The choice is up to you.
    Snape, Snape, Severus Snape
    The choice is up to you.

In your potion's class there sits
    The son of your true love,
    And in that same seat sits
    Your rival's little son.

So what will you do with Harry Potter?
    What will you do with her son?
    So what shall you do to Harry Potter?
    What will you do to his son?

In your mind the scenarios dance,
    Will you leave things up to chance?
    Here sits before you your rival's son,
    the one that turned Lily from you.

Back to that fateful day so long ago,
    Back to the banks of the lake.

You gave into James Potter
    Spewing forth

19. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    ABSOLUTELY RANDOM

What trope do you think applies to the series that isn?t already listed on the HP TV Tropes pages? Explain why. May do up to 3. 15 points.

[Design a ride or an attraction for Harry Potter World at Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida. What would it look like? What would be in/on it? 20 points.
    BONUS: Include a sketch or a Lego model or something of your new attraction. 60 points.

Create your own HP gameshow. How would it work? Who would host it (canon or original character)? 35 points.

How did you get into the world of HP? May do up to number of lowest House (so, right now, 4). If anyone else wants to share, they can, just not for points. 15 points.

Oddly enough. The JC Hogwarts House Cup (Version 10) is what got me involved in the world of Harry Potter. Years ago (late 04/early 05), ShasaWaterwalker was participating and asked me if I would help her with a song recording she needed to do for the game. I gladly helped her and the info she shared about the books intrigued me. So I borrowed the book from a friend to see what it was all about and that's all it took. I only ended up needing to wait for book 7 to come out, because book 6 came out before I finished book 5.

- Earwen_Lightrider

Some friends told me about it and I went and saw the movie.

- Beau

If one of your Housemate was an HP character, who would he/she be and why? May do up to 3. 10 points.

Earwen_Lightrider: She would be Harry Potter, because she never backs down from a challenge, even when the odds are stacked against her, and she inspires those around her to do well.

darthhelinith: She would be Luna Lovegood, because although she can be a little random at times, she is a hard worker who always manages to use her boundless sense of creativity to create masterpieces in many fields of artistic talent.

LilyHobbitJedi: She would be Hermione Granger, because she always has a solution to a problem, and is really good with words. She is an exceptionally good worker, and doesn?t back down from a challenge.

- JEDIGUNSHIP

Create a wizarding reality show. Include what it?s about, what the prizes are, what contestants have to win, and how they are judged. 35 points.

If your House was a fast-food restaurant, what would it be? 5 points.

Gryffindor would be most comparable to Subway, because it was a risk and took exceptional courage to open a fast-food sandwich shop when the market is cluttered with burger joints. Also, Subway opened the door for other entrepreneurs to delve into fresher and healthier fast-food options, just as much as Gryffindor has paved the way for bringing out the best in its students so that they can succeed later in life.

- JEDIGUNSHIP

Create a photo collage/slideshow of random fandom events (photos can be taken from the Internet). Must include at least 15 photos. 45 points.

Create an HP-themed quiz and post it on Sporcle. Quiz must include at least 10 answers and have some sort of connecting theme. May do up to 3. 40 points.

What was your favorite task from another House last week? Share what it was and why you like it. May do 3 per week (one from each House). (Obviously, can only be done Weeks 2-8.) Suggested by Mar17swgirl. 10 points each.
    NOTE: Because the other Houses are going to be commenting on your tasks, you MUST post at least 1 task (even something 5 points) per week. The penalty for not posting anything is a 30-point deduction (which is the number of points the other Houses are losing out on for not being able to do this).

Favorite Tasks from Week 1

From Ravenclaw:

What House was Albus Severus Potter sorted into? Suggested by yodaminch. 5 points.

Gryffindor, like his parents. Having been raised around war heroes, he has a certain sense of bravery and responsibility. Just because he was named after someone from Sytherin doesn?t me

20. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    That the last from you guys? :)

21. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
  22. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    RAVENCLAW FINAL UPDATE

[b][color=silver][hl=darkblue]BOOKS[/b][/color][/hl]

[b]Why did JKR give certain characters certain names? Analyze the name of any character. May do up to 3. 5 points.[/b]

1. Remus Lupin has perhaps the most obvious of any of the character names in the books. Remus is obviously a reference to the founders of Roma, Romulus and Remus, who were raised by wolves. Lupin is similar to 'lupo' which means wolf in Italian and is several other languages. All of these put together are obvious hints towards his werewolf condition.

2. Luna Lovegood is a name that shows JKR's love of alliteration. Also, Luna is, as her classmates notices, similar to the word 'looney'. So while her first name alludes to how she can seem a bit crazy to those who don't really know her, her last name alludes to how she fiercely loves her friends and family.

3. Percy Weasley has probably the most pompous sounding name of all the Weasley siblings and that goes along with how he was frequently portrayed in the books. His middle name, Ignatius, could be a reference to St. Ignatius of Loyola who was known for his unwavering faith in the Catholic Church, much like Percy had unwavering faith in the Ministry of Magic until it was taken over by Death Eaters.

[i][CodeName_Targeter][/i]

[b]If you were to rename a book, what would you call it and why? May do up to 7 (one for each book). 5 points.[/b]

1. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer?s Stone changed to Harry Potter and the Mirror of Erised
    2. Chamber of Secrets changed to Tom Riddle?s Diary
    3. Prisoner of Azkaban changed to Harry Potter and the Werewolf
    4. Goblet of Fire changed to The Return of Lord Voldemort
    5. Order of the Phoenix changed to The Weasley?s Last Stand
    6. Half-Blood Prince changed to The Locket
    7. Deathly Hallows changed to Harry Potter and the Horcruxes

[i][s65horsey][/i]

[b]Can Muggles (relatives of wizards, for instance) travel by Floo Network, Portkey, or Side-along Apparition? Give reasons why yes or no. Suggested by Mar17swgirl. 10 points.[/b]

Muggles can travel by all three as long as the place they are traveling to doesn't have anti-Muggle wards. So, for example, traveling to Hogwarts via Portkey would be much harder than traveling to a random spot on the English countryside via Side-along Apparition. Magic doesn't differentiate between who magic is performed on but just who magic is performed by. Side-along apparition, however, has the potential to be troublesome if the Muggle being teleported is unaware of magic and fights against the witch or wizard. Splinching is just not a pretty sight. But besides that, all three methods of transportation are possible.

[i][CodeName_Targeter][/i]

[b]What scene would you add to an HP book and why? 15 points. [/b]

I would add a whole series of scenes set at Hogwarts to Deathly Hallows. You can't just tell us about this whole epic resistance that Neville, Luna and Ginny are organizing! We deserve to SEE something that awesome! The arrival at Hogwarts, the realization that they now are supposed to learn the Dark Arts, them trying to protect the first years. There's almost an entire book's worth of material that she teased us with. I WANT IT!

[i][Daughter_of_Yubyub][/i]

[b]Describe a Patronus of any character (except those we already know from the books). May do up to 5. Suggested by Mar17swgirl. 5 points.[/b]

Rita Skeeter: Beetle
    Tonks: Chameleon (before it changed to a werewolf)
    Peter Pettigrew: Rat
    Sirius Black: Large Dog
    Remus Lupin: wolf

[i][wedge41388][/i]

[b]Who do you think is the best Death Eater and why? 10 points.[/b]

Bellatrix Lestrange was the best Death Eater. She followed Voldemort obsessively, believing he could do no wrong. She didn?t question his decisions or beliefs. This made her the perfect Death Eater. She did exactly what she was told without question. Followers that question cause problems.

[i][FelsGoddess][/i]

[b]What was the coolest wizarding duel and why? 10 points.[/b]

The coolest duel was between Voldemort and Dumbledore in the

23. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    HOUSE PRIDE

Why is your House symbol what it is? How does it represent your House? 10 points.

Ravenclaw's house symbol is a Raven for the simple fact that our house founder is named Rowena Ravenclaw. RAVENclaw. That's pretty obvious. How does is represent our house? Well Raven's are freaky smart. I'm serious; have you ever watched Ravens? They have this ability to make you think that they're watching you and sizing you up. They also are crazy smart in figuring things out. Watch Ravens try to eat walnuts; instead of giving up like some other birds when they realize they can't crack through that thick shell, Raven's just fly up high and drop the walnut onto a hard surface and crack them that way.

[Miana Kenobi]

Create a JC icon to represent your House. If your House wins, one of the icons will be displayed on the JC while you have your colors. (If this task isn?t done, I will create one for your House to use.) May do up to 4. 25 points.
    BONUS: Create a Prefects version of each icon. 10 points.

Icon 1
    Icon 1 Prefect
    Icon 2
    Icon 2 Prefect
    Icon 3
    Icon 3 Prefect
    Icon 4
    Icon 4 Prefect

[Miana Kenobi]

Create a poem describing the history of your House. Must be at least 50 lines. 50 points.

In days of old
    So long ago
    (Well, 2002)
    Liz Skywalker
    Had a game,
    A fun idea to do.

"A Hogwarts game,"
    She thought with glee
    "Where we all do tasks.
    Writing fics,
    Drawing Art,
    Though the rule are lax."

So started the game:
    The JC House Cup,
    And the Houses did soon form.
    Gryffindor filled,
    Slytherin filled,
    Of Course Hufflepuff was forlorn.

But Ravenclaw,
    oh Ravenclaw,
    It surprised them all.
    Liz was shocked,
    The numbers were huge,
    Of Claws that came to call.

By game 8,
    A crew had formed
    Made up of the very best.
    Ysanne and Devi,
    Yubs and Ousley,
    Lank, and of course miss Tess.

They set the standards,
    They set the rules,
    Of what Ravenclaw is about.
    The art was whacky,
    The challenge fics un-edited,
    And Nicky would always pout.

When I came in,
    In our hey-day,
    Oh the arts we would create.
    Stories of Stus,
    Lyrics without rhyme,
    And of course how we would procrastinate.

Though players we have lost,
    Long gone through the years,
    We sometimes still manage to win.
    Our secret weapon we hold,
    How we manage to stay afloat,
    Is that we steal players form Slytherin.

And the music we love,
    Dear, sweet song parodies,
    Continues to not stay aloof.
    We plan months ahead,
    Like our new scheme to do
    Every song from Fiddler on the Roof.

[Miana Kenobi]

Write the biography of a famous member of your House (someone you make up). 35 points.

Terry Ranger joined the Ravenclaw house in 1984. He lived in the United States until he turned eight. His family moved to London after his mother took a job with the Ministry. His father was a healer. The Rangers were a Pureblood family. Terry?s older sister May was a Syltherin.

During his stint at Hogwarts, Terry excelled in Potions, Ancient Runes and Charms. He graduated with top marks and worked to create new type of Potions. When Voldemort rose again, the Rangers returned to America to protect their mother. Her status at the Ministry put her at risk. Terry returned two days before the Battle at Hogwarts and was one of the attending healers after the battle. He was charged with examining Voldemort?s body to ensure that the Dark Wizard was indeed dead. The rest of his family returned.

Terry went on to become an experimental P

24. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    CREATIVE SPIRIT

Create and describe three tasks for a past (or future) Triwizard Tournament. These can be separate or form an "arc" (like in the fourth book, when the object of the first task was a clue to the second task). Suggested by mar17swgirl. 20 points.

1. The First Task involves battling three cave trolls all at once with nothing but your wand because, well, the people who make these things up like to be consistent. Champions have to show that they are well versed in magic, can think strategically, and also are light on their feet. (It is the hope of the task creators that no one ends up squashed or otherwise horribly maimed.)

2. The Second Task is quite short and requires the champions to think quickly and use logic. The champions are given a riddle poem of about twenty lines that gives them their task and then have fifteen minutes to complete it. All of the champions are put in separate ?arenas? so that there is no possibility of cheating. Each champion will be placed inside where the walls are filled with various objects, both magical and other wise. Essentially, the riddle tells the champions to get specific items and assemble them in a specific order to create one larger object. Failure results in the champion having to start over completely since their progress will literally blow up in their faces. Points are given for both accuracy and speed.

3. The Third Task is a free for all duel between the three champions. The champions are, of course, put in an arena where there are obstacles to hide behind etc. It?s basically a Paintball field. Champions have their wands but they also have swords available just in case they?re feeling particularly old school. The rules are simple: no killing curses and no curses that are intended to seriously harm (aka: cut someone?s arm off or leave them a vegetable.) Besides that, the last champion standing wins.

[CodeName_Targeter]

Create a Harry Potter crossword puzzle (you can find a blank template on Google). You must include at least 50 words total, and they have to work down and across, just like a real crossword. 50 points.

Crossword PDF

[wedge41388]

What is the equivalent Ministry of Magic in other countries? Take a country of your choice and create the magical government. You must include:
    The government?s name (5 points)
    The current leader (5 points)
    How officials are chosen (5 points)
    How long the government has been in power (5 points)
    A brief history of the government, including two magical crises it dealt with, whether successfully or not (20 points)
    At least 5 departments within each government and what they?re responsible for (25 points)
    BONUS: Create a website for the government (30 points)
    BONUS: Draw/create a symbol or coat of arms for the government (30 points)

The Italian Wizarding Government is known as the ?Ufficio di Magia? and the current Prime Minister is Alberto Bondi. The Prime Minister is selected by magical means every five years. The Italian wizards and witches cast their ballots and the names of their top four choices are put into a silver magical bowl and then lit on the fire. The name that does not burn has been deemed worthy by the bowl and will be the new Prime Minister for the next five years. The top five cabinet level officials beneath him are chosen in a similar manner with the Prime Minister giving the silver bowl five choices and the fire leaving one behind. Any other officials are either appointed directly by the Prime Minister or hired by the department.

The current incarnation of the Ufficio di Magia has been in power for 150 years now ever since Italia unified as a country. However, it had existed in a slightly different manger for 1200 years prior to that with a sort of representative system. In other words, each province had its own miniature government that sent representatives to the overarching government to make decisions for the entire region. Although it was originally a bit

25. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    LITERARY SPIRIT

50 Sentence Challenge: Take the 50 Harry Potter-themed words in the 50 Sentences Challenge (the first table under January) and write an HP fanfic sentence about each. You don?t have to include the word in the sentence, but the sentence should set the tone or theme. You can bend the rules of grammar, but there can only be one sentence in each. (Note: The 50 sentences together form one task; this can?t be split.) For examples on the JC, see the thread. (If you?ve already participated, you have to do new sentences.) Words contributed by Mira_Jade. 80 points.

01. Bewitched

The day Neville first saw Luna wander dreamily into the Great Hall, he knew nothing would ever be the same.

02. Bravery

Talking to her, even now, still took a great deal of whatever had caused the Hat to put him in Gryffindor.

03. Charm

But there was something about her, something that was nothing like any spell that could be ever used.

04. Intellectual

And yes, she talked about things he didn't understand sometimes.

05. Cooky

And some days she baked, which was always a unique experience.

06. Filthy

And she actually understood why he was happiest when he was up to his elbows in dirt in the greenhouse.

07. Family

That, more than anything, helped show Neville what it really meant to be at home.

08. Sense

And the strangest thing was, the more he spoke to LUna the more he actually understood everything she said.

09. Rubbish

And then she strung the Droobles wrappers onto a necklace for him and he knew.

10. Wart

Luna was always rattling off the strangest tidbits, like the fact that some Muggles still thought you could get warts by kissing a toad of all things.

11. House

Little things like being from different Houses managed less and less the more they talked.

12. Diary

Eventually, he started writing down everything she told him, just so he could keep up.

13. Wand

All wizards were close to their wands, but Luna treasured her second even more than most.

14. Alchemy

It always amazed Neville when Luna would know some obscure transmutation that had only been carried out twice.

15. Dotting

He once asked her about the strange little symbol she dotted her i's with: It was supposed to focus the mind.

16. Color

It was always so easy to find her, a riot of colour in any dreary setting.

17. Magical

Neville didn't think she could be mundane if she actually sat down and tried.

18. Studious

Some weeks he didn't see her for days while she pursued some obscure bit of information.

19. Haughty

All the same, he knew she would always have time for him.

20. Copy

Luna was the sort of girl who could simply never be duplicated.

21. Voodoo

She had figured out magic that had never even been seen on British shores.

22. Broom

Even though he would never be a Quidditch star, he brushed up on his broom work just to take her out flying.

23. Prophesy

And around her he started to think some things were always meant to be.

24. Spirit

He was grateful every day that all the war hadn't managed to crush her spirit.

25. Misstep

And yes, sometimes he still said stupid things and screwed it up for a while.

26. Connection

But they'd led a resistance together, that changed everything.

27. Sport

And with so many of his friends playing Quidditch, it had been nice to have someone to watch it with.

28. Points

He was glad they didn't keep score in all this, because he was sure she was winning.

29. Robes

He liked the way she dressed outside of school better, it seemed more her.

30. Resemblance

Some days he thought she looked for all the world like some sort of faerie.

31. Spell

Once it would have scared him, but he was so utterly under her spell now.

32. Mark

And having known Luna, Neville knew he was going to be changed forever.

33. Lifetime

And he couldn't help hoping that change would be around forever.

34. Hold

He could be brave for her and shield her fr