main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reviews Books The JC Lit Reviews Special: CORUSCANT NIGHTS I: JEDI TWILIGHT (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Jun 25, 2008.

1. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Average score: 352.67/42 = 8.40

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    10/10

It's really quite a fun read. It's a spiritual successor to Shadow Hunter in that Reaves is very good at extended chases and escapes through all kinds if parts of Coruscant's massively diverse cityscape.

In fact, the book definitely starts to show signs of a Reaves/Perry mini-saga forming, as this merges both DM:SH and Medstar plotlines while acting as a prelude to SOTE (the origin of the Stinger had me very happy! totally unexpected and very cool all at once) . I'm afraid I haven't yet read Medstar (but intend to) so i missed out on some references but I think i got a pretty good grasp on the broader and more important strokes. Also not sure if this ties into Death Star any as I haven't read that one yet either.

Though not part of that mini-saga, it was great seeing Nick Rostu again- it's fantatsic to see we're finally at that moment where all these supporting characters from various PT novel one-shots & unrelated duologies start coming together as a greater cast of main characters for the era (outside of the commando/clone sub-series). It's sort of the X-Wing/Darksaber moment. It leaves us with quite an interesting ragtag crew that is different than the other ones being followed in other current SW series (KOTOR, DT, Legacy, etc).

It was also great to finally get Xizor into some one-on-one combat with a jedi opponent more than twelve years after we were cheated out of the Xizor/Vader fight teased by the SOTE novel and comic 2-pack. Really gave a sense of closure to something that always felt should have been there.

Really what the EU can deliver. :)

3. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    Average score: 362.67/43 = 8.43

4. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I-5 + Nick Rostu + Den Dhur + anyone named "Pavan" = 10.

5. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    Average score: 372.67/44 = 8.47