main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reviews Books The JC Lit Reviews Special: REBEL STAND (Spoilers for RS *only*)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Caine, May 24, 2002.

1. Caine

Caine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2002

Counting 40 votes.

JC Lit Average Rating of RS = 339.75/40 ~ 8.49/10

2. virtualoctopus

virtualoctopus Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 2, 2001
    I'd give RS a 9 /10. Storyline slightly lacking, but the writing was great!

3. Caine

Mar 3, 2002

Counting 41 votes.

JC Lit Average Rating of RS = 348.75/41 ~ 8.51/10

4. SirLancelot

SirLancelot Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2002
    id give RS an 8/10, becuase i love Allistons Satr Wars i have a few gripes. 1. They killed the coolest villian ever. 2. Lusankya :( and 3. it was too short, but i think thats the publishers putting limits on page counts to push more products

5. Patches

Patches Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 4, 2002
    I just realized that I haven't posted in here. Anyway, I'd give RS an 8.4/10. To be honest, I was a little diappointed with the Lord Nyax story. I'm not quite sure what it was, but something just felt like it was lacking. Other than that, though, I really liked it.

6. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I give it a 9/10. It was a good, fun read, but I wish the Tarc storyline had ended better.

7. Caine

Mar 3, 2002

Counting 44 votes.

JC Lit Average Rating of RS = 374.15/44 ~ 8.50/10

8. J_K_DART

J_K_DART Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Hmm, Rebel Stand... Apologies, but it wasn't my cup of tea. Some books you like, some you don't, sorry! 6. Personal taste, sorry if it's different to others, but I am who I am!

Sorry!

9. Caine

Mar 3, 2002

No apologies needed.

Counting 45 reviews.

JC Lit Average Rating of RS = 380.15/45 ~ 8.45/10

10. Jedi_StarDust

Jedi_StarDust Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2002
    Okay, by now RS has been out for two months yet I choose this moment on this day, the 20th of July, to rate it. (Actually, it's because I just found this thread from the Traitor one a few minutes ago...hehe) ;) Anyhow, I give this book a 7.5 out of 10. It wasn't terrible, though choppy in some instances, but compared to the other NJO ones- it wasn't my favorite. Personally, I liked RD better and I found that all the supsense and preparation built around the Coruscant mission was a bit disappointing when you found out that Lord Nyax was a dark Jedi from Children of the Jedi . It just didn't seem to click well. There wasn't enough emphasis on Jaina, Jag and Kyp's interaction on Borleias either; in fact, there wasn't enough of Borleias at all until the end. The things I did like were Tahiri's character on Coruscant ("...Some people drown in pain, I swim in it..."), some of the humorous lines, and Han and Leia's escape.

*StarDust*

11. NIGHTBROTHER__DH

NIGHTBROTHER__DH Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2002
    Ive read this book twice now, and re-read the Coruscant excerpts even more....... I loved the fact that they tied a Dark-Jedi into the whole equation, this is something that we have missed the entire series-----a duel between light and dark( on a combat level, not a philosophical level)

My only complaint is that Lord Nyax died, with little hope of him coming back......

I give this book a 9/10

12. Caine

Mar 3, 2002

Counting 47 reviews.

JC Lit Average Rating of RS = 396.65/47 ~ 8.44/10

13. Galactic_Emperor

Galactic_Emperor Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2002
    I would give it 8/10

For me the destruction of Lusankya was the major sore point in RS. It probably was the last SSD in GFFA. Damn LFL!

14. Caine

Mar 3, 2002

Counting 48 reviews.

JC Lit Average Rating or RS = 404.65/48 ~ 8.43/10