main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reviews Books The JC Lit Reviews Special: THE RUINS OF DANTOOINE (RoD spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Mastadge, Jan 1, 2004.

1. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I want to give my dissenting opinion to all those that say this book sucks.

No wait, no I don't.

Seriously, you have a woman agree to become a terrorist because of a friend's murder only to find out that you did so on the orders of the government and not ONE SINGLE MOMENT did you pause to think it's not a good idea?

Wow, brilliant main character.

2/10

2. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I'm hardcore, but not hardcore enough to read this book:p I salute all that have. The force is truly with you all.....

3. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Average score: 127.05/22 = 5.78

4. King_of_Red_Lions

King_of_Red_Lions Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2003
    I skipped this one because the story just didn't appeal to me. And it got a lot of bad reviews. I may get around to reading it one day.

5. PadmeA_Panties

PadmeA_Panties Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    Thanks for the bump and the update.

I would have to give this abominable piece of dung a 1/10.

Its horrible in nearly every single fashion possible. From the poorly written junior-high'ish prose. To the horrible characters and characterizations. To the gaping plot holes. To every single thing Mastadge said.

I would never, EVER, EVER, have anyone I knew and liked read this novel. It actually infuriates me that writers are allowed to get away with being paid for this while hundreds of decent writers go unpublished.

6. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    Average score: 128.05/23 = 5.57

7. TheRedBlade

TheRedBlade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2007

I will admit that it does read a bid like a young reader, especially when dealing with Bane or Darovit. Bane's obsession with making a Holocron seemed a bit unexplained, especially for such a major part of the book. And it loses points for a big, careless continuity gaffe by having people know about the Chiss.

However, Zannah was excellently done, and was the best part of the book. The lightsaber fight at the end was great, as werethe final few chapters. Not one of the great must-reads, but a solid book that gives us yet another fresh take on the Sith.

8. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    Wrong book.:p