main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reviews Books The JC Lit Reviews Special: TRAITOR (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Caine, Jul 2, 2002.

1. Trell

Trell Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 11, 2002
    Well I'd be more careful if their were more spoilers. :mad: ;)

2. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Hints are present people. I doubt any of you will get them without reading the novel. But they are there.

Let the speculation begin.

By the way, nice review Mastadge. I think I agree on everything :p

3. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    Oh, there was another character of the same first name at some point?

Yeah, you must have missed him Gandolf. He was the heroic one. The one who actually goes out and DOES things. Might want to reread the NJO and check up on that.

:p

JMA

Guess which characters development Del Ray considered more important?

*rolls eyes*

PPOR

4. Nightsun

Nightsun Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 23, 2001
    This goes to everyone that got the book early and likes to brag without giving spoilers. CENSORED And, I can't reiterate that enough. You people, especially you Rebecca, like to taunt us so bad that I just have to post. If you and others would'nt put those stupid faces in there it wouldn't be so bad. CENSORED especially when bragging is involved. And trust me I understand all that goes on on these boards, but when all the titles have spoilers in them, post some damn spoilers. Do not brag or keep on posting unless you have spoilers to offer. And for you not to even have read the book, CENSORED When I get a book it takes me at most six hours from the time I get it to finish it, and you call yourself a fan. Do us real fans a favor, and not post unless you have something to say. Wedge88, I understand you're young and this is the first book you have gotten early, and I appreciate what you gave and you understand what you did is wrong. Mastadge I respect you even more, because from the start you had the same philosophy.

Rebecca, I have nothing against you, but please, CENSORED please stop bragging and posting faces on every book you get early. Don't get me wrong I wish you the best on that test but CENSORED

(sorry for the negativity, but this has gone on long enough) I believe I posted what noone else would.

Nightsun

5. Lady_Jedi_Carenix

Lady_Jedi_Carenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2001
    [face_shocked]

Hey, its only a book. Relax. :)

6. Trell

Trell Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 11, 2002
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]
    Best censoring ever!

7. Nom Anor

Nom Anor TFN Books Staff star 4 VIP

Mar 4, 2000
    (sorry for the negativity, but this has gone on long enough) I believe I posted what noone else would.

That's because nobody else felt the need to be an CENSORED about the situation. What makes you so high and mighty? Just because he has the book doesn't make him obligated to tell you anything. He made a statement, he never rubbed it in. You are the ones who blow the whole thing out of proportion. Relax and realize there is more to life than a book.

8. Trell

Trell Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 11, 2002
    Nom Anor, please realize that he is the only on taking this so seriasly, the rest of us just want info, but if we don't get it we realize that its not the end of the world.

9. Nom Anor

Nom Anor TFN Books Staff star 4 VIP

Mar 4, 2000
    Nom Anor, please realize that he is the only on taking this so seriasly, the rest of us just want info, but if we don't get it we realize that its not the end of the world.

Well, not all of you are doing that, but a large percentage of the people who have posted in the Traitor thread since it was revealed that people had the book have simply been badgering them nonstop. It needs to end.

10. Twin_Suns_7

Twin_Suns_7 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2002
    For Wedge or Mastadge- Mastadge said something that worried me, and that i have a bad feeling will upset me in upcoming books and make me mad at star wars. "Jacen's feats put to shame similar ones by his siblings" is what Jacen deos going to completly overshadow Jaina? is it going to be as i fear, that she will fade into the background bedhind her twin? i think i'm pretty sure the answer is yes already, but i'd like to know your view of it after Traitor.

11. Trell

Trell Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 11, 2002
    Twin_Suns_7: Don't forget that Jaina had 3 books with her as the main twin(True RS is weak there) Jacen will get not many more, only Force Heritic if anything.

12. JediMasterAaron

Oct 14, 2000
    "Jacen's feats put to shame similar ones by his siblings"

One can only hope this is from an extremely pro-Jacen point of view. Lord I hope they don't make Jacen out to be the sole "hero" of the NJO. It would negate everything I like about the series.

JMA

13. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    Yeah, well, don't be too jealous of me, because my computer crashed tonight (probably a virus) and I lost 2GB of files. :_| :_|

14. Twin_Suns_7

Twin_Suns_7 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2002
    Yeah, i liked her role in the allston novels especially, cuz she was doing really cool stuff, but she wasn't the only one. everybody else was doing important stuff too
    (well, you count a side-plot like Nyax important, but at least that was cool.)
    i just don't want Jacen to come back and suddenly be doing all the planning and all the leading. Jaina,Luke,Leia, wedge, kyp..etc don't deserve that. they've put as much into the war as Jacen.

15. Lady_Jedi_Carenix

Lady_Jedi_Carenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2001
    Rebecca191: Ouch. :( Sorry to hear about that. Hopefully nothing too important was lost. :)

<meditates peacefully while waiting for Traitor to come out>

DarthAttorney: Interesting...editing. ;) [face_laugh]

16. Nightsun

Jun 23, 2001
    I want you all to know I pm'd everyone that got censored. And, i have never seen censors so broad. But that's okay I understand. I just want spoilers!

Nightsun

17. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    is what Jacen deos going to completly overshadow Jaina? is it going to be as i fear, that she will fade into the background bedhind her twin?

No. She's not overshadowed. Just different. It's no secret that from the Vong perspective, the Solo twins seem almost to be incarnations of two Vong gods who happen to be opposites. Neither of these Gods overshadows the other; they just serve different purposes. This it is with the twins.

Also, I may have been overstating a bit, but I did choose the words in that sentence VERY deliberately.

18. Nichos_Marr

Nichos_Marr Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    There's a great scene where Vergere finds out that sweet little Anakin grew into a Sith Lord.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I can't wait to read this scene.

19. JADES_FIRE

JADES_FIRE Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    I think you need a cold shower Nightsun :p

Mastadge, as per normal :mad: all you've managed to do by writing that review is make me more anxious to read the damn book ;) :p

Sorry to hear about your computer Rebecca191 :(

20. triggerfinger

triggerfinger Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2002
    how did you get the book early

21. JediMasterAaron

Oct 14, 2000
    Also, I may have been overstating a bit,

Lord I certainly hope so.

JMA

22. Nightsun

Jun 23, 2001
    Whoa, I just read my posts from last night, and I apologize to all it concerns. I started celebrating a little early, so I wasn't all there.

Well I'm off to the lake for a few days, have a happy Fourth.

Nightsun

23. AWB1989

AWB1989 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 3, 2002
    One can only hope this is from an extremely pro-Jacen point of view. Lord I hope they don't make Jacen out to be the sole "hero" of the NJO. It would negate everything I like about the series.

JMA,

I'm not speaking about huge galactic heroics. I'm talking about his individual actions. He is *far* from the sole hero of the NJO; from some points of view he will not be seen as a hero at all. I'm just talking here about pure skill and action, most of which is displayed in a way that very few beings other than Jacen himself will ever even know that he's accomplished it. There is no "Hail Jacen, Savior of the Galaxy" type of ending or setup in this book, so don't worry on that end.

EDIT: Dammit! This is Mastadge - I didn't realize my brother had an account here.

24. GeistDesFritz

GeistDesFritz Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    There's a great scene where Vergere finds out that sweet little Anakin grew into a Sith Lord.

Whoohoo! I've been looking forward to somethign like that happening.

25. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    " Lord I hope they don't make Jacen out to be the sole "hero" of the NJO."

Heh, just wait to read Traitor before you start slinging the 'hero' title around. :)