The JC.NGL Cool Game Idea Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by SoloCommand, Jun 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starpwner1211 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Okay...

I have gotten a new idea that'll shake up thread as we know it.

A crossover game with Halo, Command and Conquer, and SW

What is the coincidence?

They were all FPS at one point
    They are RTS as Halo is about to be one

So....

I know this from Wikipedia

I hope Lucasarts is looking at this

Pwner
  2. SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer

star 5
    I hope you reconsider your life at some point.
  3. Soontir-Fel Force Ghost

star 5
  4. starpwner1211 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey

that really disrespected me....

I will tell the mods

Pwner
  5. SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer

star 5
    I can only hope that they tell you to reconsider your life at some point.
  6. starpwner1211 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey...

Back off

You guys are mods so it is useless....

But....

We must get to naming ideas!!!

Please pull the juice back into this thread of pwnage...

Pwner
  7. Senator_Elegos_A-Kla Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    o_O

8. ExarKunPJ Jedi Knight

star 1
    I don't know if this has been said already but if it has then oh well, it reiterates the point :)

Basically, Lucasarts need to make another SW space sim game, and I said 'space sim', not 'space shoot-em-up'. It has been far too long since the last one in the Xwing series and so either a game needs to be made which continues that series alone, or, as the new films have come out since the last game, an ultimate space-sim needs to be made that perhaps covers the time period of all the films. I was thinking of perhaps a campaign mode that is similar to Call of Duty's, were it is divided into various subsections like 'Confederacy pilot' or 'Imperial pilot' etc. and you are that specific character for a set number of missions, before unlocking another section of the campaign where you play as another character. That would make it easiest to traverse the large time gap most coherently, yet still maintaining a nice story to the campaign as each character has a different and unique story. The only problem would be that the game would then lose its 'RPG' element. I did enjoy how attached you came to your character in X-wing etc. (with promotions, medals...) and a game where you play as lots of different characters wouldn't be able to maintain that link, I don't think- so LA would have to look into that and see what is best.

Overall what I want is a new Star Wars space sim, one that lives up to the XW/TF name and yet still holds it own, whether that be through dabbling in the new films or not. A lot has changed in the way of computing technology since XWA and so being able to fly an A wing with up-to-date graphics would be awesome. Anyway, I am just reiterating a point that a lot of people are making: give us another SW space sim! :) (Not a space shoot-em-up like Jedi Starfigther and all that crap though)
  9. chrisw10 Jedi Knight

Hmm... yeah. That would be nice.
  10. lowbacca_solo_choice Jedi Youngling

star 1
    What if they made, Kashyyyh...Planet of the wookies... =P~
  11. pat-fett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Did you watch the latest Force Unleashed vid.? LucasArts almost went with a Wookie game. The mock up they showed looked very interesting.
  12. starpwner1211 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Wow... Lucasarts really needs a good M-rated game.

I just want it to be like GTA, with everything added, carjacking, custom soundtracks, and all that GTA related stuff. What I want it to be like FPS like Postal 2 was, and make it using the engine that Rockstar uses with GTA IV. Lucas, please do this and fans will be proud. I think it should be released for

Last game for Gamecube
    PS2 and 3
    Wii
    DS
    PSP

From

Pwner
  13. Senator_Elegos_A-Kla Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  14. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    To be fair, that was actually quite a coherent post, and in the right thread. ]-}
  15. janevblagoj Jedi Padawan

Hello!
    Quite a while I?m working on my product ?Poppy and Rose? which you can download it here: http://www.download.com/Poppy-And-Rose/3000-2111_4-10638405.html?tag=lst-0-3
    The game is made in the program language Delphi 6 and I hope that it will take your attention.
    Please, after you try the game and study it a little bit, if you can answer the following questions:
    - How can I find a video game tester, the best case is that to be some volunteer who will test the game and it will give me critics about the game.
    - How is your opinion for the essential value of the game?
    - What do you think about the UI of the game (it is made in Delphi 6), can I make it better and can I get some suggestions of how can I do that?
    - In which category will you put this game (maybe puzzle!)?
    - Is there any company that in cooperation with me can commercialize the game?
    - I think that playing on this video game in network can be a real challenge! Do you think same?

Thank you,
    Janev Blagoj
  16. starpwner1211 Jedi Knight

star 2
    WRONG THREAD!

Is it actually a Star Wars game?
    That Poppy and Roses?

Or are you spamming?

17. Master_Dmentae Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, Basically, i love clones, Imp or not, and i think all of the games exept Rep Commando have soiled their good name, and therefore we need a real game with clones.

The battlefornts had bad glameplay and made the Clone slook like noobs, they cant dive or aynthing, its wierd, and it sohuld be cannonaly correct about things, i mean 16 on a map? i know about lagging, but come on!! and Rep gunships have a hold of 30 people max...ecactly, and all Clone Wars vehicles, exept the silly IFT-X (thats not even a clone vehicle) and just put the REAL stuff in that happened, like from the animated series and books and comics, nad have like 4 campagins, clone Soldider, Clone Commando, ARC, Pilot etc, and dont mess up deaths like on BF where u get hit and die so easily but dont even show ur wounded...i mean cmon!!

i wanna be a pilot that lands in a won battlefront and get people carrying their brothers onto the LAAT/i and then me lifting off, flying to a medbay and them getting treated, and just make the AI smarter, the only let down with Rep Commando i found in-game was that 1, i like clones more, and 2, all the gclones get mullered by something which dosent even get ur shield down, i know the yhavre no sheild but cmon... and the reinforcments thing? be able to turn it off...and no command posts, jsut have objectives in every map, even skirmish.

So like on Geonosis, it looks like it does in film, no nooby respawns, troops and vehicles come in Via LAAT/i or /V or /C depending on their type, and then u can pilot that, so on geo, u can get in a LAAT/C, fly to a AT-TE, pick it up, fly to somewhere else, drop it and the fly off again...its so bad...and also, have the Ai smart enough to get in due to a set u put, so like

Traditional - LAAT/i - Clone Pilot for Pilot & Co-Pilot, Clone troopers for guns, and then normals with a Captain (red guys) in the 'Ride' spot. Disembark in a line, Troops get off, gunners and pilots still in, fly off and get more or fight.

Usefull - LAAT/i Clone Pilots in all but 5 normal troops in 'Ride' and one Red or Yellow Trooper (Captain, Commander) with the troops, and they get off with still gunners. Go somewhere needed, so like getting injured or something, guys in back get off.

Combat - LAAT/i Full Troopers, and a Commander, fly to most needed spot for fighting, disembark all exept pilot.

Recon - LAAT/i Commando Squad of Four, or one ARC, followed by some guys for them to command. Pilot and copilot & Gunners stay in.

Emergancy - LAAT/i Medics on, Pilot as Clone Pilot, Co-Pilot as medic, led by one Sergeant, Lands in injury zone, medics treat them in the field, Pilot leaves.

ETC.

Post any ideas.
  18. The_Chim Force Ghost

star 6
    My idea? That first paragraph is hard to read being that it is only 3 different sentences. Try using more '.' and less ',' or '...'.
  19. Axle-Starweilder Force Ghost

star 6
    i would like to see them (them being basically anybody) make a really good x-men/x-factor x-game. i know that some of the x-men games that have come out in the last several years have a pretty good following and that marvel alliance was well recieved, on some systems at least. but to really go out and make a whup-ass x-men game is something that has not yet been done since the invention of the x-men arcade game and that one x-men game for the genesis. that was years ago.

what i do like about the last couple of x-men games is the whole leveling-up aspect they have, even though i found the equipment section to be mostly useless. but there's not enough changes in the paradigm to keep the game very interesting for long. basically it's a dungeon crawler/hack and smash type game, which is fine, but ultimately lacks depth. i guess what i'm really saying here is that they built a game that is essentially too complicated for being as simple as it really is.

now what they really need to make is a x-game where you can select your own team from the larger whole. your own little group could be anywhere from 2-4 guys and maybe give an extra 5th guy for the really tough spots. the way it should be structured is basically somewhere around ffXII in the sense of character building and overall development. but there should also be some sandboxy elements to things that allow you to get into adventures of varying degree and situation. so that not every mission or quest you go on is just about kicking but with a boss at the end, but maybe you could defuse a nuclear bomb, or stop an earthquake machine, or re-align the magnetic poles. you know, something good like that. actual combat and action shouldn't be exactly like the last final fantasy because that would just be cheating. but they should deffinatly have a level of that kind of sophistication for the auto-controls for the team members that you aren't directly controlling. because let's face it, you can really only control one guy at the time and usually, in most games anyway, the rest of the team suffers from bad direction and crappy a.i. they should also include the characters that you never get to actually play in those other x-games too like forge, and cable and havok. now that'd be a pretty cool idea.
  20. SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer

star 5
    Sesfan and I have decided that an X-Wing: New Republic game would be more interesting than Tie Fighter: Empire.
    Who would like to argue with me.
  21. morphum Jedi Knight

I want Halo 3 for the Ps2 I don't have an xbox 360 and that gaame is awesome so it only makes sense to have it on other consoles
  22. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Redundant post. This thread is for cool ideas. :p
  23. SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer

star 5
    Hey SFL, how are you?
    How are your plans to get LucasArts to make GTA Coruscant going?
  24. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Well, that got delegated to Obi_wan_01. He'll probably be able to fill us in on the corporate developments with that Question.
  25. DarthBobbalot Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I've got a cool idea where SFL had a really great time and a party with some hot women and blues or something. Can anyone use that in a game or something?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.