main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The JC.NGL Cool Game Idea Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by SoloCommand, Jun 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBobbalot

DarthBobbalot Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    Down with censorship!!

2. IzKRool

IzKRool Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2008
    I think a cool idea would be maybe a game somewhat like Final Fantasy Tactics Advance or something like that (as far as character types and moves), but the gameplay would be different, such that the player and his/her opponent would choose what their troops do before the action starts (each sequence of actions being a "turn").

Each "turn," then would be made up of several increments of time (IOTs) determining how much each trooper can do in a turn.

Every action would have a certain value in IOTs that would be manipulated by the user's stats.

Each character/trooper would be rated for their moving speed, casting speed (for spells), and attacking speed (for manual clubbing, hacking, slashing, throwing, shooting, etc). These ratings would affect how many IOTs are required to do each action (eg. casting spells, moving, clubbing, hacking, slashing, throwing, shooting, etc), making a negative or positive change to said value.

There would be two types of aiming various actions: area and targeted.

Area-targeted actions would be aimed at a particular area (thus anyone inside it), meaning that the character/trooper does the action to that location, whether someone's there or not.

Targeted actions would make the character/trooper do their best to do the action to where the target was at the start of their action, making the slower actions very inaccurate to a moving target. Also, no action would be able to be aimed outside of its max./min. range, though it would be aimed in the general direction of said target.

The area would also not be on a grid, and all ranges would be calculated by a radius.

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Bump and unlock

4. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    awesome, I have some ideas.

5. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    I am interested in your newsletter and would like to subscribe.

6. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    OK here's my idea:

Mount Everest: The Game

An action RPG where you create a character, assign some skills (like rock climbing, low oxygen tolerance, sherpa language), and then get dropped off at base camp and how you get to the top is up to you.

Along the way you'll discover frozen corpses, discarded chocolate bars, ancient alien treasures, yeti, the corpse of the real Edmund Hillary (only half-way up), and much much more!

I'd also include multiplayer team deathmatch, using ice picks, blow torches, shovels etc, with the main objective being capture the other team's flag at the top.

Yay or nay?

7. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    If you put the controller down and let the character stand dormant for a while, will he fall on his back and start making snow angels?

8. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    Actually, I'd include a mini-game where the longer you stand still, the more frostbite starts to set in. I guess you'd lose a toe for every five minutes of inactivity. Once all toes are gone your movement slows.

To fix it, you'd need to gather new toes off the all the frozen corpses you find along the way, adding a nice collection/gathering mechanic, because everyone loves those right?

9. PhantBat

PhantBat Jedi Youngling

Feb 8, 2010
    Rebel SpecForce

Basically a Call of Duty Version of Star Wars Battlefront that has you as a member of an elite Pathfinder unit of Rebel/New Republic SpecForce from the Siege of Yavin until the Liberation of Coruscant. The character and fellow troopers would participate in different missions such as:

1. Sneak past Imperial checkpoints and destroy staging areas behind enemy lines
    2. Diversionary raids on Imperial bases
    3. Setting up and defending drop zones
    4. Spearheading Alliance and New Republic attacks
    5. Eliminating Imperial strongpoints

The Force Unleashed III: Emperor's Hand

Pretty much what I wanted for TFU 2. You play as Mara Jade, The Emperor's Hand, and the most deadliest Imperial agent. Various missions include:
    1. Spying and assassinating treasonous Imperial Officers/Moffs
    2. Infiltrating and destroying Rebel/Pirate bases
    3. Capturing Enemy intelligence
    4. Sabotage Enemy equipment

Gameplay is more similar to Assassin's Creed with the emphasis on stealth than just going in and killing everybody.

Mara's Force Powers
    1. Force Grip
    2. Force Push
    3. Force Stealth (blinds enemies to character's movements)
    4. Force Jump
    5. Saber Throw

10. Theseus

Theseus Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2007
    A COD Battlefront!?!?!?!? Brilliant!

11. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
  12. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Mara Jade is not Maarek Stele.

13. PhantBat

PhantBat Jedi Youngling

Feb 8, 2010
    True but she does have the name recognition. I'm also wondering if all her assassination targets are related somehow (like a conspiracy to overthrow the Emperor), but in the beginning it is not clear that the targets know each other, until Mara finds out later.

As far as specforce goes here is a list of locations

1. Yavin IV
    2. Tatoonie
    3. Hoth
    4. Bespin
    5. Naboo
    6. Kashyyyk
    7. Mustafar
    8. Polis Massa
    9. Felucia
    10. Rhen Var
    11. Coruscant

Here is also a list of characters as well (and yes most of them are the AI names from SW Battlefront 2):

Sgt./Lt. Reyé Hollis

Sgt. Nori Sunrider

Pvt./Cpl. Ben Pulustra

Pvt./Cpl. Nom Pulustra

Pvt./Cpl. Jori Carver

Pvt./Cpl. Dax Olesa

Pvt./Cpl. Fin Ulrand

Pvt./Cpl. Doran Krotan

Pvt./Cpl. Aran Nomante

Pvt./Cpl. Jens Kontoner

Pvt./Cpl. Ulen Orsalon

Pvt./Cpl. Thrak Gorshun