The JC.NGL Cool Game Idea Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by SoloCommand, Jun 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    I like that idea. I'd also like to see it done for Halo once it gets X-Box Live support. I'd really like to see how well console gamers fair against PC gamers.
  2. Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Obviously, anyone using a console controller would get owned by good PC players.
  3. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    and half decent PC gamers.

It's a far superior way to game simply due to easy of access to functions and keys etc.
  4. Vader_vs_Maul Force Ghost

star 3
    I haven't posted in this thread from the start. I've been away for a while, but anyway; how does Star Wars: Han Solo's Adventures sound? Or it can be called Flight of the Falcon like in the GBA game, which is sort of what I had in mind( or at least I think it's what I had in mind).

I was thinking about a game where you see the origins of the Falcon, experience all the advenures and perils it as been through and also the game being set both before Han Solo won it from Lando and after.

What i'm picturing in my mind is the game being split into two parts: in the first part you play as Lando and in the second you play as Solo. It can have both on-foot and flying missions or it can be strictly limited to missions where you fly the Falcon.

While in the flight-missions you have the ability to get up from your seat, give Chewie control over the ship and walk around, taking control over the gun-turret, or fixing the hyperdrive or something like those exciting scenes from the movies.

To paint a good picture is one thing, but actually making it as good as pictured is another. If this is going to be good the developer has to do a hell of a job. Cuz' I think making a game like this is very difficult.
  5. alpha_red Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Some people have thought of this, but no one's really given it form yet.

How about a Star Wars game where you go through space, stealing stuff and killing people randomly, like Grand Theft Auto in space?

Star Wars: Smuggler is what I call it. There are stupider names to be had.
  6. Night4554 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    'They should make Star Trek - Starship Creator for the X-Box

I have this game for the PC, a sequel would be awesome, but for PS2.

¤Night
  7. Vader_vs_Maul Force Ghost

star 3
    That was a good idea alpha_red. I like that.

I also thought of putting GTA-gameplay into a spider-man game. It would be revolutionary! Think about it:
    You choose when to put on your suit.
    Don't use your powers without your suit!
    Too powerful foe? Sit over this one if you want.
    But don't slack off with the photography-job or you'll get broke!
    At the other hand you can always turn to the dark side and start stealing.
    But beware the consequenses; good old JJ won't wait a second to ruin your image and turn the masses against you.
    Your on the other side of the city. how are you supposed to get to your villain in time? You may have to steal a car ;)
    Of course, the whole city is free for you to explore just like in True Crime and GTA.
    Explore by foot or in the air.

I think it would be so huge that it would have to come to the next-gen consoles. Or maybe it's just to massive even for the next-gen consoles. I think it would have been a good onlne game though. But of course everyone would have wanted to be Spider-man so it's very tricky to make it a god online game.

Am I right, or am I totally on the wrong track? Tell me your opinion, bring me back on track if you want, but please cut me some slack if you don't like it. Don't go yelling me the hell out of the forum.
  8. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    I would like a tactical Star Destroyer bridge commander type game, along the lines of this Star Trek one.

Or a Calamari Cruser of Frigate I guess. Just a big capitol ship "simulator".

9. Night4554 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I also thought of putting GTA-gameplay into a spider-man game. It would be revolutionary!

Actually, GTA was revolutionary, this would be a copy. Nonetheless it would be cool as all heck. I think this will be the future of an entire genre. GTA style gameplay but with different storylines.

¤Night
  10. AlienAcid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    a star wars game based on bridge commander or kilingon academy would be sweet, though i would prefere the klingon acadmey ish game cause it felt more 'like a big ship'
  11. JP30ISGOD Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think that THEY should come out with a game like like the mac game Escape Velocity, only with Star Wars planets and ships.

Of course, I'm not totally convinced that EV isn't star wars canon...

12. AlienAcid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I love ev nova, specialy since they ported it to windows.

13. SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer

star 5
    SC's Cool idea of the day #2
    I think we can all agree on this one being the coolest idea yet.

Two Words.
    Droidworks 2.
  14. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Ahhh. Lucas Learning. What a sad loss.

I did rather enjoy the Pit-Droids demo, it must be said.

15. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    That demo confused me.

:eek: Error: Only 1 message post per minute is allowed.
  16. SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer

star 5
    Just what was the learning aspect to Pit Droids, anyway?

It was just like... Lemmings, in Colour.

I mean, in Droidworks, I learnt that:
    Pulleys = useful, Heavy things don't move very fast,
    Big Scary Robots = best avoided, and that Throwing Robots against walls in a big catapault = tremendous fun.

In Pit Droids I learnt that Red Droids go in Red Holes, and Green Droids go in Green Holes.

Did I miss something?
  17. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    No.

Red = Red
    Green = Green

Well done Solo. :) You get a gold star. :D
  18. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Cool idea: Downloadable graphics cards.

How awesome would that be!
  19. Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus

star 6
  20. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    If you find it and it's locked, I can unlock it for you.
  21. SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer

star 5
    That would be a very cool idea.
  22. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    cOol.

found it - not locked. Joy. Check my post - w00t.
  23. Lord-Draco Force Ghost

star 4
    Recently I was thinking of a Star Wars game that can surpass any other SW game to date. Something that could probably offer more then any other Star Wars game that has ever came out and something that takes elements from past SW games like the Tie Figher vs X-Wing series and KOTOR series.

The game I came up with was called "Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi"

The concept I came up with was more "Fable-like" many elements thats in Fable I incorporated into this game idea of mine.

This is how it goes. At the beginning of the game you start off as a little 10-13 year old kid who is a Padawan learner and is assigned to a Jedi Master to teach you the ways of the force. Of course at the beginning of the game you get to create your character, but he/she is a little kid.

As the game progresses you recieve numerous small "petty" task from the Jedi counsil. You and your master goes on to complete these task. Along the way you learn new things from him/her. Also as the game goes on you'll grow older. As you grow older the task become more harder and complex. You get to travel from planet to planet. Once you reach the age of 20-25 you are now old enough to become a full Jedi Knight yourself. It is at this point where you go through the Jedi trials and such. If you pass, you become a Jedi, you fail, you still have more training to do.

Once you are a Jedi Knight you are still sent out on missions but they are harder then before. But beware cause the choices you make determine what side of the force you are on. You start out as a lightside Jedi but you can always fall to the darkside. This same concept also applies to Fable. People will always remember you and everything.

If you do good you get appointed to Jedi Master and it is at this point in the game where you can take on your own padawan learner and teach him/her the ways of the force. They'll follow you around as NPCs. You even get to talk to them. Sometimes they listen, sometimes they don't. But this is where you just have to be a great Master and make sure they follow the right path cause if you fail as a Master, they can fail to and possibly goto the darkside....much like how Obi-Wan failed with Anakin.

As I said at the start, this game draws from elements from the Tie Fighter vs X-Wing series. So that means that you'll also be able to fight in space as well in your very own Jedi Starfighter. So you can be a great Jedi warrior but also a great star pilot. Also when you travel to other planets you actually get to fly to that planet rather then just click on where you want to go and it automaticlly takes you there like in KOTOR. In this game you actually navigate yourself through space to each planet. Traveling to planets would take you 2-20 min. Or if you don't want to you can go the KOTOR style and just let it automaticlly take you to your destination.

There would be 20 planets in total, all of them being the size of Morrowind. (Yes thats a huge game, but something like this would be on the NextBox or PS3.)

In the game there would be potential love interestes or "Romances" like in KOTOR. Going along with these could possibly lead you down to the darkside.

The game would end once you reach the age of 80-90 or so.

What do you guys think?

Add more onto it if you want.

So really this game is just taking Tie Figher vs X-Wing, KOTOR, Morrowind, and Fable and combining all types of elements from each game to create this game.
  24. Vader_vs_Maul Force Ghost

star 3
    Of course it's cool, I mean; who wouldn't want to live the life of a Jedi? To get to actually be in the Star Wars universe, experience and explore it on their own is probably the dream of every Star Wars fan. But this game is just too huge. It's enormous! The day when the Matrix is for real, we know that creating something like this is possible.
  25. Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Too big a game, too much downtime spent travelling from place to place.

Morrowind was already insanely big. 20 Morrowinds=death.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.