main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The JCC and I agree on something! Yay!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother 4' started by Souderwan, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Because I am not a huge fan of the middle third of Lion King. Whilst the first and third acts are awesome, the second feels a little bit like filler, a bit cursory. I sometimes find my mind wandering when Simba is busy growing up. The film simply wants to arrive at the point where Simba is ready to take on Scar, seems it would rather be just two halves; it doesn't feel focused on the here and now (to borrow from Qui-Gon). Beauty and the Beast strikes me as a more complete and balanced story - perhaps there's less ambition there. In terms of scope it's a shorter story, or at least the portion we see of it. I realise that's the nature of the beast (lol) that the Lion King set out to tell a longer story (perhaps it would've benefitted from a longer running time), but I think Beauty and the Beast is just out perfect in every department. The perfect animated feature.

2. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    Hmm...I suppose I can see your point. I don't agree that the second act was rushed, though. I thought they showed enough of Simba's relative happiness while the world he left behind crumbled. And, for me, the moment between Simba and Mufassa right before he heads back off to fight Scar is one of the best moments in animated film ever. I didn't appreciate the movie as much when it first came out as I do now. Maybe it's because I'm a dad. Probably.

3. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    But as I say, Lion King is still great in my book. These are only minor complaints.

4. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    No, I hear you.

Funny story about Beauty and the Beast. I was a junior or senior in HS and I was dating two girls (they knew about each other). Anyway, they both wanted to see the movie and I was broke so all three of us went to see the movie together. So there I was sitting between these two rather attractive girls at the end where Beast "dies". I look to my left and to my right, and these girls are sobbing!! They were bawling their eyes out. I was like "girls!! It's a Disney movie!! He's not dead!"

They both ended up dumping me. [face_plain]

5. OBIWAN-JR

OBIWAN-JR Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 25, 2002
    Beauty and the Beast is pretty perfect from what I recall.

I still adore the two Toy Story movies though.
    Sorry, Evan.

-JR :)

6. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    Yeah, cause they'd never kill an important character in a Disney film.

[image=http://crazedwriter.lbbhost.com/stills/bambi_mom.jpg]
    [image=http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j83/dounoJesus/Hilton%20Family/SimbaMufasaMyspcGrfk.jpg]

7. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Bambi's Mum didn't die. She's going to return in the forthcoming Bambi Episode 3: Revenge of the Bambi's Mum.

8. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    So Bambi cried, and Bambi's deadbeat father had to take custody for nothing? I call shenanigans!

9. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    There will be a courtroom drama subplot.

10. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    Actually, one of the reasons I loved The Lion King was because they had the courage to kill an important character for the first time since Bambi. By the time Beauty and the Beast came out, though, Disney had stopped killing people off. :p

11. jedikitty19

jedikitty19 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 23, 2006
    the lion king was a good movie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.