main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC The JCC Society for Paranormal Research

Discussion in 'Community' started by Luigi, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Luigi

Luigi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    This is the thread for all things supernatural. Share your ghost stories and encounters with the unexplained, talk about places suspected of being haunted, or old folk tales about ghouls.

I am a huge skeptic (with over 100 billion dead souls--and +2 every second--we would simply be overrun by them) but I still like talking about the subject. I've never had a personal experience, but I find the stories fun (Now, that is--I used to have night terrors when I was a kid and couldn't even sleep if I saw or read anything remotely spooky).

In recent news, there was an alleged ghost sighting (and photo) at the notoriously haunted Stanley Hotel. What do you make of it, fellow investigators? Ghost or glitch?

Have you or someone you know encountered anything like this? What was it like?

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I agree with whatever Sam and Dean say.

Thumper09 and ma_petite like this.
  3. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012

If I didn't know the identity of the guy in your Avatar, I would have considered that paranormal.

4. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015
    Here's a story I have. So one day Anon and I......

I was chillin at my brothas house a couple of years ago. Saw Tupac behind some trees.

Went to take a look, and he was gone.

I know I'm not crazy, brotha still lives...

5. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I too am a big skeptic and find supernatural stories to be a great source of entertainment.

Ghost and Rylo Ken like this.
  6. Boba Nekhbet

Boba Nekhbet Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    I like those shows about mediums on TV because it's so clearly a scam but people eat it up. Like John Edward will point at a huge section of an arena and be like "Anyone lose someone whose name started with a J? Anyone?" and then Jeff's family will stand up and he'll be like "Wow, he loved you a lot and he really misses you." Amazing. There's another one now where this girl is like a college student and a medium and she struggles with everyday problems like going on a date but she has to do a reading of a random person in the restaurant during her date, what will the guy think? Or she's looking for a part time job but the guy at Subway is not into having a medium as an employee. Mediums are so oppressed.

Darth Guy and Luigi like this.
  7. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    I have never experienced anything paranormal, either, but I find the stories really entertaining. When I was in school, one of my aunts used to entertain all the class with creepy stories and we would listen for hours. It was awesome, but me being a small kid, I would have trouble sleeping later :p

Nowadays I like to do the "ghost tours" that some cities offer. Of course, we've never seen or heard anything on these tours, but it's fun to walk around some landmarks and learn a bit of history.

Luigi likes this.
  8. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    The implications of dead people being doomed to walk the earth for eternity are so ****ing terrifying that I don't understand why anyone would want to believe this bull****.

9. Boba Nekhbet

Nov 30, 2014
    Well, I think most or all ghost believers also believe in "crossing over" of some kind, so it's not necessarily eternal for everyone, just under certain conditions for certain people. Which also addresses @Luigi's mathematical issue.

10. Luigi

Luigi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    So, something like 0.0000000000000000000001% fail to cross over? And why are they always Victorian? Do you think there's something about the era which makes it more difficult for them?

Darth Guy likes this.
  11. Boba Nekhbet

Nov 30, 2014
    Too many coal hoppers.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  12. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Early Industrial Age. Their crimes were enough to trap them here. Afterwards, capitalism became so completely soulless it ceased to be an issue.

Boba Nekhbet, Darth Guy and Luigi like this.
  13. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    I actually have had one weird experience, which I suspect there's a natural explanation for, but I don't know what it is. Shortly after my dad's mother died, I heard her call my name from her back porch. This was not an indistinct murmuring or anything--it was quite clear. So I went out onto the porch and said, "What?"

Nothing.

I've never seen or heard anything paranormalish before or since. It's probably worth pointing out that several other people also believe they encountered Grammie after her death, including my grandfather, who saw her around the house all the time, and a home health care worker who saw someone answering her description messing with the television. The sightings and so on ended when my grandfather died. It's sort of sweet to imagine that she wouldn't move on without him. They were married 60+ years.

ma_petite and Luigi like this.
  14. DarthRelaxus

DarthRelaxus Chosen One star 5

Apr 23, 2007
    I had a friend in college who had occasional random ESP-like experiences. I don't believe we understand the mysteries of the universe as well as we think we do.

15. Luigi

Luigi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    The other night I could have sworn I heard my roommate calling my name while I was trying to go to sleep, but he wasn't home. It was just one time. It sounded the way he says it, and it didn't feel like it had come from inside my head, but I had also listened to a podcast recently about aural hallucinations, so I dunno.

And last night while falling asleep, with my eyes closed, I saw a bright flash, like a white firework going off right in my face.

...maybe I have a tumor.

Do you have any examples you can remember?

16. DarthRelaxus

Apr 23, 2007
    The one I remember best was messing around with a deck of cards and she was able to predict the next card on the top of the deck with stunning (creepy) accuracy without error.

17. Luigi

Luigi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2006
  18. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Strangest thing was filling up my truck years ago across from a mortuary late at night after work. gas cap was up on the sidewall of the bed and went flying across the truck and into the pump station next to mine. Didn't fall. It flew across and landed on the other side of the island in another station.

But no spectres, ghosts, etc.

19. DarthRelaxus

Apr 23, 2007
    The card was still on top of the deck, but she 'knew' what it would be when it was flipped over.

20. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Erm. . . Was her other "ability" finding quarters behind your ear?

21. DarthRelaxus

Apr 23, 2007
    Nope, but grandpa could do that.

Edit: They were my cards. She never touched them/

22. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Hey

:p

(I love ghost stories... never experienced it though, mostly skeptical but open-minded)

23. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    I have an unidentifiable object in my boxers.

24. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    One of John Edwards buddies, Mark Anthony ( I know, right?) lives in my town and he hates coming to my bookstore because no one is impressed by him and he's especially unnerved by me because all I talk to him about is other authors I know in publisher imprint and how my friends know the senior editor and I'm not all impressed because he can talk to my dead grandmother . ..quite funny.

Boba Nekhbet and Luigi like this.
  25. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Holy crap, I didn't notice the eye movement for a couple minutes. I was in and out of this thread at this point. When I did notice, it surprised the **** out me. lol