main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC The JCC Vlog, Movie and Podcast Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Only-One Cannoli, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    You fail at Clint Eastwood impressions.

2. TheGuardianofArlon

TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master star 6

Feb 26, 2007
    The Pirate Alphabet

3. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    arlon, i noticed from the shelf of shame thread that you have apparently never seen a tv show. i think you should try watching one sometime as it might give you an idea of the sort of things that are widely regarded as humorous.

4. TheGuardianofArlon

Feb 26, 2007
  5. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Well what about something like My Little Pony? Lots of grown men like watching that!

6. TheGuardianofArlon

Feb 26, 2007
    I know people are watching that, but I am not, neither will I.

7. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    You stumble around between a pirate accent, a sorta Irish accent, there's some bizarre brittishy sounding thing in there, sometimes, and then your regular voice. You should practice more... record and listen to yourself a few times.

Also, what Tom said is pretty true... wasn't very entertaining.

8. TheGuardianofArlon

Feb 26, 2007
    Maybe not to you guys, but it has been to others which is the way of entertainment,. Not everything people find funny, and some people do. The way it goes.

But the accent is yeah not perfect, but then again I'm not a perfect pirate.

edit: the accent thing of having irish and british? Those accents I can't even attempt at doing. Australian I can do, but not those.

9. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    They weren't authentic sounding Irish and British accents... sounded like a US southerner trying to sound Irish or British. :p

10. TheGuardianofArlon

Feb 26, 2007
    I sound more Northern than anything. But the UK accents I really can not do. At all.I don't know, I can do a French and Russian one, and southern and "indian" or hindu I guess, but not those.

11. TheGuardianofArlon

Feb 26, 2007
  12. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Like guns, or catapults, or throwing knives, or nuclear weapons.

13. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    just like archery, if you master the bible you can kill someone with it every time.

14. TheGuardianofArlon

Feb 26, 2007
  15. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    You sound like you are trying to ear rape me.

16. TheGuardianofArlon

Feb 26, 2007
    No, just parodying the ASMR videos out there. All they do is whisper.

17. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i really don't think you'd have to go to the hospital if you swallowed half a cap full of listerine.

18. TheGuardianofArlon

Feb 26, 2007
    I don't know, but again I was doing this for humors sake.

19. TheGuardianofArlon

Feb 26, 2007
    New video: The Archery Announcer

20. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Arlon I don't think you understand what humor is.

21. TheGuardianofArlon

Feb 26, 2007
    Or you just don't understand my humor

22. GargantuanThrillMachine

GargantuanThrillMachine Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2012
    i give you 4 marks for effort, but your videos are lacking a certain je ne sais quois. while i agree with tom's earlier assertion to a certain degree, i DO understand the subject, plot, and where you are coming from in a conceptual context - but, you seem to be falling short in the execution of your story. the visual and audio qualities are rather inconsistent. the editing is very static and stale. do you produce these vids completely on your own? i'm not trying to insult you, i'm just offering some constructive criticism. pick/plan your shots better. give the audio and video consistency throughout each vid. amp-up your editing style in a much more dynamic and contemporary sense. and never forget: brevity is the soul of wit. these things are simple technical matters that can be rectified with a little more research, planning, and effort on your part and they will improve your vids exponentially

23. TheGuardianofArlon

Feb 26, 2007
    Most of these I do on my own. I only have windows movie maker to do them. I don't have any real audio equipment, least not yet. On occasion my assistant pastor helps me make certain films like Easter Egg Hunt, Magnum Force Ice Cream, and the Mercy goggles video

And all that is with a canon, and we use the imovie to edit the films. But audio wise it seems the canon isn't as strong as my camera, despite the better quality, or the audio gets messed up while being uploaded. But we are planning on using audio equipment for things, but when I'm on my own, I do with what I got. Most of my videos, I think up them and just film improvising everything.

24. TheGuardianofArlon

Feb 26, 2007
    New video with a song. yes a song. I know some of the editing was eh..but my first attempt at a songish video. so this was more of a test feel for how my editing system works. And I think I briefly look like tunick with the beard and the shirt at the beginning

25. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I'm just glad we are all in agreement that there was no Irish accent in the pirate vid. I know Irish accents. I've spent a lifetime unraveling one due to US Bòrd na Gàidhlig.

The "Australian" accent is under review...