JCC The JCC Vlog, Movie and Podcast Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Sith-Lord-Gunray, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Spider-Fan Force Ghost

star 4
    You fail at Clint Eastwood impressions.
  2. TheGuardianofArlon Force Ghost

star 6
  3. tom Chosen One

star 6
    arlon, i noticed from the shelf of shame thread that you have apparently never seen a tv show. i think you should try watching one sometime as it might give you an idea of the sort of things that are widely regarded as humorous.
  4. TheGuardianofArlon Force Ghost

star 6
  5. Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One

star 8
    Well what about something like My Little Pony? Lots of grown men like watching that!
    Last edited by Boba_Fett_2001, Sep 18, 2012
  6. TheGuardianofArlon Force Ghost

star 6
    I know people are watching that, but I am not, neither will I.
  7. harpua Chosen One

star 8
    You stumble around between a pirate accent, a sorta Irish accent, there's some bizarre brittishy sounding thing in there, sometimes, and then your regular voice. You should practice more... record and listen to yourself a few times.

Also, what Tom said is pretty true... wasn't very entertaining.
  8. TheGuardianofArlon Force Ghost

star 6
    Maybe not to you guys, but it has been to others which is the way of entertainment,. Not everything people find funny, and some people do. The way it goes.

But the accent is yeah not perfect, but then again I'm not a perfect pirate.

edit: the accent thing of having irish and british? Those accents I can't even attempt at doing. Australian I can do, but not those.
    Last edited by TheGuardianofArlon, Sep 18, 2012
  9. harpua Chosen One

star 8
    They weren't authentic sounding Irish and British accents... sounded like a US southerner trying to sound Irish or British. :p
    Last edited by harpuah, Sep 18, 2012
  10. TheGuardianofArlon Force Ghost

star 6
    I sound more Northern than anything. But the UK accents I really can not do. At all.I don't know, I can do a French and Russian one, and southern and "indian" or hindu I guess, but not those.
  11. TheGuardianofArlon Force Ghost

star 6
  12. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    Like guns, or catapults, or throwing knives, or nuclear weapons.
  13. tom Chosen One

star 6
    just like archery, if you master the bible you can kill someone with it every time.
  14. TheGuardianofArlon Force Ghost

star 6
  15. TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost

star 5
    You sound like you are trying to ear rape me.
  16. TheGuardianofArlon Force Ghost

star 6
    No, just parodying the ASMR videos out there. All they do is whisper.
  17. tom Chosen One

star 6
    i really don't think you'd have to go to the hospital if you swallowed half a cap full of listerine.
  18. TheGuardianofArlon Force Ghost

star 6
    I don't know, but again I was doing this for humors sake.
  19. TheGuardianofArlon Force Ghost

star 6
    New video: The Archery Announcer
  20. Sith-Lord-Gunray Ex-Mod

star 7
    Arlon I don't think you understand what humor is.
  21. TheGuardianofArlon Force Ghost

star 6
    Or you just don't understand my humor
  22. GargantuanThrillMachine Jedi Master

star 1
    i give you 4 marks for effort, but your videos are lacking a certain je ne sais quois. while i agree with tom's earlier assertion to a certain degree, i DO understand the subject, plot, and where you are coming from in a conceptual context - but, you seem to be falling short in the execution of your story. the visual and audio qualities are rather inconsistent. the editing is very static and stale. do you produce these vids completely on your own? i'm not trying to insult you, i'm just offering some constructive criticism. pick/plan your shots better. give the audio and video consistency throughout each vid. amp-up your editing style in a much more dynamic and contemporary sense. and never forget: brevity is the soul of wit. these things are simple technical matters that can be rectified with a little more research, planning, and effort on your part and they will improve your vids exponentially
    Last edited by GargantuanThrillMachine, Oct 3, 2012
  23. TheGuardianofArlon Force Ghost

star 6
    Most of these I do on my own. I only have windows movie maker to do them. I don't have any real audio equipment, least not yet. On occasion my assistant pastor helps me make certain films like Easter Egg Hunt, Magnum Force Ice Cream, and the Mercy goggles video

And all that is with a canon, and we use the imovie to edit the films. But audio wise it seems the canon isn't as strong as my camera, despite the better quality, or the audio gets messed up while being uploaded. But we are planning on using audio equipment for things, but when I'm on my own, I do with what I got. Most of my videos, I think up them and just film improvising everything.
    Last edited by TheGuardianofArlon, Oct 10, 2012
  24. TheGuardianofArlon Force Ghost

star 6
    New video with a song. yes a song. I know some of the editing was eh..but my first attempt at a songish video. so this was more of a test feel for how my editing system works. And I think I briefly look like tunick with the beard and the shirt at the beginning
  25. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    I'm just glad we are all in agreement that there was no Irish accent in the pirate vid. I know Irish accents. I've spent a lifetime unraveling one due to US Bòrd na Gàidhlig.

The "Australian" accent is under review...