main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC The JCC Watches Movies! (this Friday night... STREET FIGHTER: THE MOVIE!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Feb 7, 2015.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    We doing this?

... I can't figure out a catfish related variant on we doing this.

2. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
  3. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Anyone else having trouble logging in to Synchtube?

4. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
  5. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I had to clear my cache to circumvent a weird security hangup, they might have an issue.

6. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    That didn't work for me :(

7. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
  8. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    All aboard the Cytubes!

[​IMG]

Juliet316 likes this.
  9. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Holy **** that ending.

[​IMG]

Rylo Ken and JoinTheSchwarz like this.
  10. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Such a good movie.

11. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    Have you guys done Fateful Findings yet? There's this Norwegian film magazine that has a section on the last page dedicated to cult and schlock movies. I read the review for this movie, and thought I just had to share some of the hilarious excerpts from it. I'm gonna have to translate on the fly from the print version here, but here goes:

Tagline: "A paranormal thriller where a computer hacker exposes worldwide secrets" This is literally the tagline on the box. Already, we can tell we're dealing with top quality here.

Neil Breen has been making movies for 12 years now. Movies that can largely be described as personal visions. He does everything himself; he produces, writes, directs, designs sets, you name it. His movies are financed through Breen's income as an architect and realtor in Las Vegas. He makes sure to give himself the lead role in all of his movies; consistently as the coolest man on planet earth. Rugged, virile, super smart heroes that all women find irresistible and all men admire to no end - usually genius computer hackers with supernatural powers and, of course, a keen interest for philanthropy. Breen also makes sure to bless his audience with lots of nude scenes, giving us ample opportunity to enjoy his adonic physique. In case you're wondering: Neil Breen is a man in his late fifties who slightly resembles the late Garry Shandling. He is, to quote one of the user reviews on Amazon, the personification of a middle aged man proudly prancing around the beach in a Speedo.

Breen's magnum opus, and the work of genius he would most like to be remembered by, is Fateful Findings. A supernatural thriller made for the price of a used fridge, where he plays the lead character Dylan. A bestselling novelist, ***** magnet and genius hacker with a whole suite of supernatural powers.
    (...)
    Dylan suddenly finds himself having become the best hacker in the world, so awesome that he can uncover "the most secret government and corporate secrets" , amazingly without even turning on the screen on his computer.
    (...)
    I would hardly want to ruin the ending for you, so suffice it to say that Dylan holds a press conference in front of (a still image of) Capitol Hill, where he exposes the corrupt secrets of the government with such ferocity that all businessmen and politicians instantly commit suicide to public fanfare.
    (...)
    Fateful Findings is often held up in infamy as "the worst movie of all time", which is probably a contributing reason to it receiving a theatrical run in the US, where it was a hit among the same crowd that loves watching The Room. This movie is not as consistently funny, but about a million times crazier than anything Tommy Wiseau could have come up with.

Sure enough, I found it on YouTube too.

12. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Oh man, that wasn't up the last time we watched Breen.

13. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

It's been a month!

I bet you people have been watching good movies in the meantime. Disgusting!

Fear not because next week we'll behold the arrival of... THE THREE FANTASTIC SUPERMEN!

[​IMG]

FBI agent Brad joins Tony and Nick, the self styled Supermen who battle crime wearing bullet-proof super-suits. They are on a case involving radioactive counterfeit money and people who can be broken down into precious jewels.

Wooooow. It sounds as good as Thor: Ragnarok!

See you there!

Ramza likes this.
  14. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Hell yes.

15. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    I have a baby first aid class on Sunday. Is there ANY way we can do this earlier?

16. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Today?

17. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    Could somebody repost the Synchtube URL? I'm not on my home computer, so I don't have the bookmark.

18. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
  19. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
  20. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    All aboard!!!

21. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Guess who's back from his vacation!

Me.

And to celebrate my return (actually because a star war suggested to watch this), let's watch a movie by one of our guiding lights: the Jesus Christ of anarchocapitalism, the Ayn Rand of UFO conspiracy theory, the Steven Spielberg of "am I being detained, sir?!"

Yes, the one and only...

Neil Breen

It's time for us to suffer through FATEFUL FINDINGS!

A small boy discovers a mystical power as a child. He is then separated from his childhood girlfriend. He grows up to be a computer scientist who is hacking into the most secret national and international secrets, as well as being an acclaimed novel writer. His childhood 'finding' gives him amazing paranormal powers. He is reunited with the childhood girlfriend, mystically, on his hospital deathbed... as his relationship with his current drug addict girlfriend is deteriorating. The passions build between the threesome. Mystical, psychiatric and worldly forces rise to prevent him from revealing the hacked secrets. He attempts to reveal all in a Washington DC large press conference, with 'fateful' and dangerous consequences.

This is a big one. You have to be there!

22. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    What time?

23. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    hello when is movie

24. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Whenever you people want.

25. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Any time is Breen time.