main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Jedi Acadamy

Discussion in 'Archive: LaGrange, GA' started by Slanir_Tezneech, Oct 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xanatos90

Xanatos90 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2003
    "He's right. Everyone out."

2. Darth-Inferno

Darth-Inferno Jedi Youngling star 3

May 14, 2005
    We shall meet in another thread soon enough, Chiss.
    *Blends with the shadow in departure with a swish of robes.*

3. Admiral_Chiss

Admiral_Chiss Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2005
    Rules:
    1.) No Sith/Imperial associators due to the fact this is a jedi temple cleansed of the Dark Side
    2.)No flaming or battling aside from training
    3.)No tratiorious Jedi may join without the approval of half the Jedi Masters
    4.)Council must confer with other members before electing new members or giving members new rank via PM .

1.)Jedi Council Member (40 tasks), and cannot be made without council approval or if there are already 4 members and must have 4 months of training. It may also assign Jedi missions.
    2.)Master (30 tasks), attained after at least 3 months of training.
    3.)Knight (20 tasks), appointed with councils blesings.
    4.)Padawan (5 tasks), -exception to the rules- a council member may apoint a youngling to the rank of padawan individualy but is discouraged.
    5.)Youngling (0 tasks) -exception to the rules may apply- They are appointed by council but IF user is well expierienced in the lightside rapid progress can be made with council approval.

Members:
    1.)Jedi Council Members,Admiral Chiss
    2.)Masters,
    3.)Knights,
    4.)Padawans,
    5.)Younglings

Post here for addmitance and may the force be with you

4. Admiral_Chiss

Aug 27, 2005
    Members:
    2.)Masters,
    3.)Knights,
    4.)Padawans,
    5.)Younglings, Slanir_Tezneech

You first task will be to find the most expensive Star Wars item on Ebay, you have two days

5. Slanir_Tezneech

Slanir_Tezneech Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    The most expansive item i found was this;

8-Ft One-of-a-Kind LEGO STAR WARS REBEL ATTACK CRUISER
    Certified by GEORGE LUCAS 100% at an staggering price of
    24,006.99 US Dollars :eek:

6. Admiral_Chiss

Aug 27, 2005
    Good

That was easy your next task will be harder

Explain the history of the jedi Order and the first Jedi knight, you have 4 days

7. Slanir_Tezneech

Jul 5, 2005
    I was wondering if this had to be in my own words.

8. Admiral_Chiss

Aug 27, 2005
    Yes it can be or you can put a link in if you want

I have go to the mall so good luck

9. Slanir_Tezneech

Jul 5, 2005
    This link should explain it i hope http://www.jedipurge.com/

10. Xanatos90

Feb 25, 2003
    *Appears as a hologram.*

"As you can see, I am not in your temple and have done nothing wrong. I would like for you to note that this timeline is about the Sith, only including information about the Ancient Jedi to show why several Jedi rebelled and became Sith. Also, I would now like to start my training a Jedi. If you don't see this as sincere, just read above. I went out of my way just to not break your rules."

11. Admiral_Chiss

Aug 27, 2005
    Xantos90:
    I will take you at your word but if his is a deception you have made a terrible mistake. Your first task will be to renounce yourself of all Sith attachments ie; Apprentices, Titles, Sigs and replace it with Jedi lore. This will count as your initiation phase and you will be judged from there on opon future actions.

Therefor I would like to greet all my new Apprentinces and I welcome you to the Jedi

Members:
    2.)Masters,
    3.)Knights,
    4.)Padawans,
    5.)Younglings, Slanir_Tezneech,Xanatos90, and Darth_JDD

Due to you all being some of the first Jedi here you all will skip the level of Padawan and will be rushed onto knighthood after your Trials

Slanir:
    Your task will be to tell me why Mace Windu had a purple lightsaber

Xanto90
    Tell me what a Royal Gaurd was in the OT

Darth_JDD
    Tell me when was the first showing of Star Wars was

12. anikoju

anikoju Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2005
    RIGHT that's it tell me what's goin on NOW

13. Admiral_Chiss

Aug 27, 2005
    It seems your oId master has renounced his old Sith ways and embraced the Jedi. Perhaps you should follow his course?

14. Slanir_Tezneech

Jul 5, 2005
    I hope this is the answer you were looking for master.

It was said that Mace Windu braved the rock-encrusted natives of Hurikane to obtain his rare crystal. Mace Windu used a purple lightsaber. Some thought that the touch of red in his lightsaber blade symbolized the way his particular style of lightsaber combat, Vaapad bordered perilously close to the dark side in its internal teachings.

15. Admiral_Chiss

Aug 27, 2005
    Excellent

Describe the lightsaber and when it was 1st used

16. Xanatos90

Feb 25, 2003
    Elegance and deadliness --- these are the hallmarks of the crimson-clad Royal Guard that accompanied the galaxy's sovereign at all times. While the guards can trace their origins to the cerulean-clad Senate Guards of the Republic, Palpatine crafted an order of protectors that stood apart from the rest of his forces.

Only the most promising of the Imperial ranks were selected for Royal Guard duty, based on stringent requirements of size, strength, intelligence, and loyalty. A Royal Guard was completely covered in flowing red robes and a sleek, featureless scarlet mask obscures their faces.

While the helmet and robes of the Royal Guard draw inspiration from the Old Republic Senate Guard, the sleek armor underneath has more martial underpinnings. The Mandalorian Death Watch and the Thyrsus Sun Guard are said to have inspired the form-fitting armor. In terms of maximum protection with minimal encumbrance, the Royal Guard armor is a quantum leap beyond that worn by Imperial stormtroopers.

After impeccable and impressive performance, candidates have their training advanced to achieve the rank of Royal Guard. On the barren world of Yinchorr, Guardsmen undergo grueling tests of combat reflexes and stamina. They are trained in the deadly martial art of echani.

In Palpatine's fanatical drive to draw the most from his followers' ambition and greed, he constantly added levels of achievement beyond the highest rank. That said, the best Royal Guards aspired to become Imperial Sovereign Protectors. Their armor was more ceremonial and ornate than that of the standard Royal Guards, and their skills were said to have been augmented by the dark side of the Force.

After the death of Palpatine at Endor, the ranks of the Royal Guards scattered. Since no one but the highest ranking officials knew the exact number of guardsmen, they could not be accurately accounted for. Some followed the warlords that appeared to fill the void of the Emperor's passing. Others retreated into the Deep Core, following more sinister plans.

17. Admiral_Chiss

Aug 27, 2005
    Good Xantos90

Your next task is to tell me what the book I,Jedi is about

18. Xanatos90

Feb 25, 2003
    Corran Horn, hero of Rogue Squadron and former Corellian Security Force officer, has a problem: his wife, Mirax, has disappeared while on a secret mission. In his struggle to rescue his wife, Horn joins Luke Skywalker's Jedi academy as a charter recruit, befriends Mara Jade, tangles with a 4,000-year-old Sith lord, and goes undercover to infiltrate a notorious band of pirates. But what will he do when he finds himself faced with a dilemma--surrender to the dark side of the force or risk losing Mirax forever?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The timeframe for I, Jedi surrounds the timeframe of the Jedi Academy Trilogy. Though the novel focuses around the poorly written Jedi Academy Trilogy, the book, I Jedi, is wonderful in its narrative and well developed characters. The novel also answers many of the questions that the Jedi Academy Trilogy does not answer.

The novel is told in the first person point of view through the Rogue Squadron pilot and Jedi descendant, Corran Horn. At the beginning the novel he finds that his wife has been taken prisoner and the only way for him to save her is through developing his Jedi powers. The narrative focuses on Corran's experiences at the Jedi Academy and the teachings of Luke Skywalker. It is interesting to see what Corran's opinion on Luke's training techniques and the way he views how a Jedi should act.

The novel's pace really picks up when Corran leaves the Jedi to find his wife. At that point in the novel, the character Taviria is introduced in great detail. Through her actions and views on situations, the characterization of the Imperial female commander, Taviria, is done so well that she becomes one of the most believable characters in the novel.

What also makes this novel unique is that the author does not rely on most of the usual characters (Han and Leia) in this book. What the author effectively does is use the major Star Wars figures as a backdrop to the storyline. Only Luke is used as a major character with a lot of dialog.

I, Jedi by Micheal Stackpole provides a unique look at how a Jedi is trained. Anyone interested in that aspect of the Star Wars universe would love this novel. This book is very well written, and I recommend it to anyone.

19. Admiral_Chiss

Aug 27, 2005
    That was great

Your next task will be to tell me who Master Yaddle was and what she did

**Sits down and meditates**

X90:
    Level three youngling

Slanier
    Level three youngling

20. Xanatos90

Feb 25, 2003
    The quiet Yaddle was a member of the same mysterious species as the revered Jedi Master Yoda. Yaddle sat on the Jedi Council with her fellow green-skinned diminutive Force-user.

At 477 years of age during the Battle of Naboo, Yaddle was considered young for her species. Still, with over four centuries of living, many legends have arisen regarding the tiny Jedi Master. Tales are told of her former mentor, Polvin Kut, and how she was imprisoned for over a century on the world of Koba. Few know which of the many stories that propagate about Yaddle are true and which are pure legend.

Yaddle had trained many apprentices in her past, including fellow Council-member Oppo Rancisis. Yaddle's last known Padawan was the vain and confident Empatojayos Brand, whom Yaddle successfully trained to become a Jedi Knight.

Not as martial a figure as her fellow Council-members, Yaddle was the head of the Librarian's Assembly of the Jedi Temple, and worked alongside such revered Jedi scholars as Ashka Boda in maintaining the Temple's impressive collection of holocrons, scrolls and tomes. Exposure to obscure knowledge granted her powers that few can fathom, including the forbidden Jedi art of morichro, a technique that rapidly slows the body functions of target beings.

When not on Coruscant, Yaddle resided at the Jedi training center at Kamparas, offering important lessons to initiates in the order.

She died when she absorbed the blast of a bio-terrorist's weapon to prevent its effects from harming innocent civilians.

21. Admiral_Chiss

Aug 27, 2005
    Great just one more before the trials Xantos

What awards did the game Knights of the Old Republic recieve?

22. Slanir_Tezneech

Jul 5, 2005
    The lightsaber is the weapon of a Jedi, an elegant armament of a more civilized time. In comparison, blasters are crude, inaccurate and loud affairs. To carry a lightsaber is an example of incredible skill and confidence, dexterity and attunement to the Force.
    When deactivated, a lightsaber appears as a polished metallic handle, about 30 centimeters long, lined with control studs. At the press of a button the energy contained within is liberated and forms as a shaft of pure energy about a meter long. The saber hums and scintillates with a distinct sound. Its shimmering blade is capable of cutting through almost anything, save for the blade of another lightsaber.

-------------------------------------------------------

In the hands of a Jedi, a lightsaber is almost unstoppable. It can be used to cut through blast doors or enemies alike. Using the Force, a Jedi can predict and deflect incoming blaster bolts, and reflect them back at the firer.

After the extermination of the Jedi ranks, lightsabers became rare relics. The knowledge of their construction disappeared with their masters. Luke Skywalker, the last of the Jedi, built his own lightsaber as the culmination of his training.

Although use of the lightsaber is strictly reserved to the Jedi -- the only ones capable of handling the difficult weapon -- it is also used by their sworn enemies, the Sith.
    Lightsabers were invented somewhere around 9,990 BBY. Using "frozen blaster" technology, a stream of superheated plasma is contained within a force field and projected from the weapon's hilt into the shape of a blade of pure energy.
    The first Archaic Lightsabers were developed as a siege weapon. These required a separate power pack, which was often worn on the back.

23. Admiral_Chiss

Aug 27, 2005
    Great Slanier

Slanier:
    What was the name of the Ewok that found Leia on Endor?

24. Slanir_Tezneech

Jul 5, 2005
    http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/wicketwwarrick/

25. Xanatos90

Feb 25, 2003
    International Game Developers Association

Game of the Year
    Original Game Character
    Excellence in Writing

Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences