The Jedi Acadamy

Discussion in 'LaGrange, GA' started by Slanir_Tezneech, Oct 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admiral_Chiss Jedi Knight

star 2
    "It burns with GLORY"

**Puts on Sunglasses**

Now that I am not able to post "tasks" here for the next few days I will merily offer suggestions to my loyal apprentices. Both of you have reached the Trials here but they will be hard and frustraiting and may take several attempts. Hopefully you will pass them and earn your knighthood in the La Grange Georgia Jedi Academy. Until then enjoy your break of for a few days.
  2. Xanatos90 Jedi Master

star 4
  3. Slanir_Tezneech Force Ghost

star 4
    Very well Master, may the force be with you
  4. Slanir_Tezneech Force Ghost

star 4
  5. Xanatos90 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, it's been over 10 days.
  6. Slanir_Tezneech Force Ghost

star 4
    I wonder where Admiral Chiss is
  7. Admiral_Chiss Jedi Knight

star 2
    **Apears from thin air**

"Right here"

Sorry guys I went snowboarding with my family in Vermont and couldn't access any computers.

Edit

Trials:

Slainer:
    Describe the life of Anakin Skywalker and your opinion of how he fulfilled the prophesy using 1500 words, you have 5 days

Xantos90
    Your trials will be to convince one of the Sith to change their ways and join the light(from any of the boards), you have 7 days

8. Slanir_Tezneech Force Ghost

star 4
    Sounds like fun, now onto the task *cracks knuckles*
  9. Xanatos90 Jedi Master

star 4
  10. Darth_JDD Jedi Master

star 2
    :mad: You'll never make me join.nnnnooooo nnnoooo never!:mad:
  11. Xanatos90 Jedi Master

star 4
    No one is trying to make you join. You're not aloud to post here anyway.
  12. Darth_JDD Jedi Master

star 2
    Sorry I didn't know.
  13. Darth-Inferno Jedi Master

star 3
    OOC: One post and I'll leave

*hologram appears*

"I fortell what you are planning, my master. (sarcasm) And I promise you, the Jedi will fail miserably... and I will strike you down for your trechery!
  14. Xanatos90 Jedi Master

star 4
    I found an old Sith from another forum that shut down. He PMed me about the Sith Trials here, since I created them. I told him that the Jedi Trials were much better and he would like to join. His name is JediSaber55, I believe.
  15. Jedi_Saber555 Jedi Padawan

There's one more five on there, but you got the most of it. I usually do dark side RPGs, but I guess I could be a Jedi at least for the change of pace. Can I join?
  16. Admiral_Chiss Jedi Knight

star 2
    Due to Slanier turning traitor and if Karrde wil not rebuild the Jedi to a proper status then I will but the new jedi order will be reformed with a council of four rather than twelve and appointment will be based on tasks not posts.

Rules:
    1.) No Sith/Imperial associators due to the fact this is a jedi temple cleansed of the Dark Side
    2.)No flaming or battling aside from training
    3.)No tratiorious Jedi may join without the approval of all Jedi Masters
    4.)Council must confer with other members before electing new members or giving members new rank via PM

I now fully welcome you Xantos90 as a full Knight!!

=D=

New Rules and Regulations

1.)Jedi Council Member (50 tasks), and cannot be made without council approval or if there are already 4 members and must have 4 months of training. It may also assign Jedi missions.
    2.)Master (35 tasks), attained after at least 3 months of training.
    3.)Knight (25 tasks), appointed with councils blesings.
    4.)Padawan (10 tasks), -exception to the rules- a council member may apoint a youngling to the rank of padawan individualy but is discouraged.
    5.)Youngling (0 tasks) -exception to the rules may apply)They are appointed by council but IF user is well expierienced in the lightside rapid progress can be made with council approval.

Members:
    1.)Jedi Council Members,Admiral Chiss
    2.)Masters,
    3.)Knights, Xantos90
    4.)Padawans, Slanier
    5.)Younglings,Jedi_Saber_555

Tasks:

Xantos:

Tell me what are the names of GL's children, you have 3 days

JediSaber:
    What species wasthe PT Jedi Plo Koon and what was special about him, you have 5 days
  17. Xanatos90 Jedi Master

star 4
    He adopted three children: Amanda Lucas (1981), Katie Lucas (1988), and Jett Lucas(1993).
  18. Admiral_Chiss Jedi Knight

star 2
    Good

Now X90,

what were the specs of the reborn emperor's flagship?
  19. Xanatos90 Jedi Master

star 4
    Eclipse-class Star Dreadnaught
    Also referred to as Eclipse-class Star Destroyer and Eclipse-class Super Star Destroyer in some sources; heading remains currently technically accurate and up-to-date
    The 17.5 kilometer long Eclipse-class Star Destroyer was larger than the Sovereign-class ships and much more massive than the longer Executor-class Star Dreadnaught. The first of this class, the Eclipse, became the reborn Emperor's flagship. It was supposedly one of the most heavily armed ships in the history of the Star Wars galaxy. It carried thousands of Turbolaser and heavy turbolaser cannons. It also had powerful shields and heavy jet-black armor, making it difficult to destroy in space combat and allowing it to even ram enemy ships without taking serious damage. The multiple gravity-well projectors were used to prevent enemies from escaping into hyperspace, forcing them to either surrender or fight a hopeless battle against the Eclipse. The most important feature was a superlaser cannon located on the bow of the Eclipse. Although it was not as powerful as the superlaser on the Death Star, it was of advanced design (hence the smaller size and faster recharge) and was capable of cracking a planet's crust or vapourize enemy capital ships.

According to the West End Games RPG statistics, Eclipse carried 600 TIE Interceptors and 96 TIE Bombers, divided into 58 squadrons; for ground assault, it carried 150,000 Imperial Stormtroopers, 100 AT-ATs, 10 gravity-well projectors, and five prefabricated bases. The Eclipse was said to be crewed by over 700,000 personnel. West End Games RPG statistics state that Eclipse was 17.5 km long; this contradicts the description given in Dark Empire, where the length is explicitly stated to be 10 miles (16 km). However, the author of the Dark Empire Sourcebook suggests that an additional mile was added to Palpatine's personal flagship, and is indicative of customization and personalization for Palpatine, and not the standard class. It also may be the result of the spasmatic construction apparent in the first example of this class.

The power of the Eclipse's superlaser as described is self-contradictory. It has been described as 2/3rds the power of the Death Star's prime weapon. Visual analysis of Alderaan's destruction in ANH suggested the Death Star superlaser inserted at least a million times more energy than the minimum for permanently breaking up a planet. Therefore a weapon with "2/3rds the power" would be more than sufficient to irrevocably shatter a planet, yet it was also stated that the Eclipse's superlaser was not powerful enough to destroy a planet. There is some speculation as to whether the 2/3rds number refers to the magnitude of the energy release as opposed to the total value; this would put the main weapon below the threshold necessary to destroy a planet.

The Eclipse was destroyed along with the reborn Emperor Palpatine when Luke Skywalker and his sister Princess Leia managed to disrupt the Emperor's control of a titanic Force Storm, a massive conflagration of Dark Side energy that he had summoned in order to wipe out the massed New Republic fleet. Afterwards, a second Eclipse-class ship was built, dubbed the Eclipse II. Above the planet Byss, R2-D2 took control of the Eclipse II's computers and then sent it on a collision course with the Galaxy Gun superweapon. A testament to the integrity of its hull, the Eclipse II plowed right through the weapon. The Galaxy Gun's misfired projectile was pulled by Byss' gravity, obliterating the new Imperial throne world and taking the Emperor's command ship with it.

Based on the misconceptions regarding the length of the Executor-class Star Dreadnaught, it seems the Eclipse was initially intended by the writers to be about twice the length of the Executor. A retcon to reestablish this in the wake of the retconning of the length of the Executor to 19 kilometers from 8 kilometers may or may not be forthcoming.
  20. Admiral_Chiss Jedi Knight

star 2
    Excellent Xantos

As of the Dark Nest Trilogy who are the Jedi masters at the Jedi Paraxium?
  21. Jedi_Saber555 Jedi Padawan

Kel Dor

As for his importance, I did note that he was present at every important moment from episodes 1 to 3.

i.e. Anakin's induction request, The first battle of the clone wars, The attack on Neimoidia, etc.
  22. Admiral_Chiss Jedi Knight

star 2
    Good JS555 but for your next task please use more details or post a link

JediSaber555:
    Tell me of Master Yoda's exploits and what he accomplished during his lifetime

23. Jedi_Saber555 Jedi Padawan

I'm sorry, My Master. The Link won't work. Here is the address.

www.starwars.com/databank/character/yoda/index.html

It has quite a bit on yoda.
  24. Slanir_Tezneech Force Ghost

star 4
    Sorry i've not posted in quite a bit, i've had to have my computer memory wiped, somehow got a Trojan Virus
  25. Admiral_Chiss Jedi Knight

star 2
    That being your 2nd task I comend you Jedi_Saber555 as well as all of my other pupils

For your next task tell me what Outbound Flight Project was and the results of it
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.