Beyond The Jedi and the Ambassador - Kyp/OC and J/J - post LOTF - Final Post 5/1 - Completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jadesabre75, Apr 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. jadesabre75 Force Ghost

star 4
    Title: The Jedi and the Ambassador
    Author(s): jadesabre75
    Timeframe: post LOTF/EU/OC
    Characters: Kyp, Jaina, Jag, Iella, Wedge, other canon characters and OC?s
    Genre: romance, humor, angst
    Keywords:
    Summary: This takes place about five years after the defeat of Jacen. Kyp gets assigned to protect an ambassador and much hilarity and drama ensues. :p Oh yeah, there?s some J/J mush too?.maybe. [:D]
    Notes: Comments are always welcome! Even if you just say ?I like it!?. I?m not picky.

I want to say a huge thank you to The Pied Piper and Jade Eyes! Piper for appreciating my craziness and pointing me in Jade Eyes direction and JE for being my beta. Hopefully she won?t regret that. LOL

And now?on to the show.
    [face_mischief]

Post 1

The cloaked man threaded his way through the dingy warehouse, appearing to casually inspect the merchandise that had been displayed for him. To most people he would look like he was taking a leisurely stroll through an antique shop, but Shaw knew that he was looking for something specific. He always did. The more exotic the better, because that?s what sold.

His ?friend? always took his time to make his purchases, but he was one of Shaw?s biggest customers so he didn?t complain. The merchandise wasn?t for him -- he had clients that he took care of. And he took very good care of them. For the money he was getting he had to. Plus the fact that what he was doing was illegal, at least in most of the galaxy.

Shaw smiled as he saw him make a circle back towards one piece of merchandise in particular. He had a feeling that one would catch the trader?s eye. He had made sure to keep that particular piece as unblemished as possible, knowing that he would probably take a particular interest in it. The man stopped and slowly walked around the item. A smile crept onto the younger man?s face and Shaw saw credits popping into his account.

Walking over towards the trader he skimmed his fingertips over any merchandise he passed. It was always a good day when he showed up. Though it hadn?t always been like that, especially in the beginning. He had been a reluctant trader. He had been pulled into the seedy underbelly of the universe by accident, but had hardly kicked and screamed to be let go. Once he had gotten a taste of what he could have, he had been hooked and had become one of the best dealers that Shaw had ever seen.

He stopped in front of the man and smiled. ?I take it you found something you liked.?

He could just make out the lower portion of the other?s face under the hood of his cloak as he looked up and nodded. ?It?s perfect.? He said as he looked back at the item. ?They will love it.?

No words were exchange as the two friends completed their morning ritual. Kyp had started joining Jag on his morning run after the younger man had given him grief about getting old. That had been three years ago. Now, every morning at 0400 they set out from the Jedi Temple and wound their way around the half-deserted streets near the temple.

They had started at a ½ mile and now were up to five miles a day. Kyp was in the best shape he had ever been in and had never felt better.

Rounding the corner that led them back to the temple they stopped at the bottom of the steps and started to cool down. Jag had opted to stay after the war and help out at the temple. Luke had more than welcomed the help and had asked him to help train the students in hand to hand combat. The only drawback, was the he saw Jaina a little more than he wanted to. Not that he would ever say anything.

Kyp still couldn?t understand why the two of them hadn?t mended their relationship. They rarely talked beyond niceties and they were always awkward around each other. Which didn?t work well with Kyp since he and Jag shared an apartment at the temple. Jaina divided her time between the templ
  2. THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
  3. canadianjedimama Force Ghost

star 4
    Hmmmm....interesting.[face_thinking]

*thwacks Jag and Jaina upside the heads*

Are you kriffing kidding me?

Bah! Stubborn Corellians....

But I like it. I'm going to have to digest this some more, then I'll be back with a more indepth review.

PM me when you update.

Oh, and may I say that shirtless, sweaty Jagged is just=P~

Cyn
  4. jadesabre75 Force Ghost

star 4
    Hmmmm....interesting.[face_thinking]

I'm hoping that's a good interesting. :oops:

*thwacks Jag and Jaina upside the heads*

Are you kriffing kidding me?

Bah! Stubborn Corellians....

Yep. Too stubborn for their own good. Hopefully we can fix that. :D

But I like it. I'm going to have to digest this some more, then I'll be back with a more indepth review.

YAY! Digest away!

PM me when you update.

It would be my pleasure!

Oh, and may I say that shirtless, sweaty Jagged is just=P~

Amen sister. That's what I was thinking. Thanks for reading!

****Please excuse my excessive enthusiasm today. It seems to be leaking into my responses. My son and I are going to see Blue Man Group tonight and I'm a little excited to say the least****

5. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 7
    I like your OCs. And I love J/J, =P~ and Kyp is just fine anyhow. :D Great title too. :)

[:D]
  6. jadesabre75 Force Ghost

star 4
    Why yes you are. How ironic. LOL Since I was first on your new post.
  7. jadesabre75 Force Ghost

star 4
    Why thank you. LOL I like them too. I like Kyp a lot and hope I do him justice.

The title just came to me one day. :p
  8. Flowerlady Force Ghost

star 4
    I like this =D=

Kyp and Jag as roommates is just too funny:

?Don?t forget I?m not home tonight Jag.?

?Make sure you don?t stay out late dear.? Jag lobbed back at him as he stood up and walked to the bathroom.

?I won?t honey. Don?t wait up for me.?

?You two scare me.?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] OMG...that is too funny...They would scare me too.

I can't wait to see how this turns out...

But I'd like to bang Jag's and Jaina's heads together...they really need to get over themselves.

Please put me on your PM list if you have one...

Oh and who in their right mind wouldn't like to see a sexy Jag or Kyp for that matter...=P~

[:D]

9. jadesabre75 Force Ghost

star 4
    I like this =D=

Why thank you. That means a lot coming from you.

Kyp and Jag as roommates is just too funny:

?Don?t forget I?m not home tonight Jag.?

?Make sure you don?t stay out late dear.? Jag lobbed back at him as he stood up and walked to the bathroom.

?You two scare me.?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] OMG...that is too funny...They would scare me too.

I don't know why, but I always pictured these two like this. They always seemed more like brothers than anything. Two of my friends are always doing stuff like this, even though they're both happily married. It's hilarious to the rest of us.

I can't wait to see how this turns out...

But I'd like to bang Jag's and Jaina's heads together...they really need to get over themselves.

Yes they do. Big time!

Please put me on your PM list if you have one...

I would be more than happy to. Consider yourself put on.

Oh and who in their right mind wouldn't like to see a sexy Jag or Kyp for that matter...=P~

Can I get an Amen from the choir!?

10. Rosa-Belle Force Ghost

star 4
    I really like this =D=

I love it how you write our Kyp, more mature but still good old himself

[face_laugh] The two together are great, good that they both finally have someone

Please put me on your pm list
  11. Ceillean Force Ghost

star 5
    ?Sure.? He said as he stood up and tossed the towel at Jag. ?Don?t forget I?m not home tonight Jag.?

?You two scare me.? Jaina said as she shook her head and followed Kyp out the door.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Funny. Hilarious. Jag and Kyp would make such a great couple. :D
    Uh...kidding, of course.

So I'm really interested in where you're taking this.
    Are you starting up a PM list? Could I be on it, please?

Great start.
    =D=
  12. jadesabre75 Force Ghost

star 4
    I honestly can't think of any other way to write Jag and Kyp. Even in NJO they struck me as being like this, so it wasn't too hard to write them that way.

I'll be happy to put you on the list! Thanks for your reply!

Thank you! [:D]

13. iamobiwan1970 Jedi Master

star 4
    What fun! I like that you've paired up Jag and Kyp. It's possible and they would be funny together!

I can't wait to see where you take this.

:D
  14. NightSword Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Loved your Jag and Kyp interaction! I was really disappointed when all the books after Rebel Stand basicially just dumped it and did something else.

Walking over towards the trader he skimmed his fingertips over any merchandise he passed. It was always a good day when he showed up. Though it hadn?t always been like that, especially in the beginning. He had been a reluctant trader. He had been pulled into the seedy underbelly of the universe by accident, but had hardly kicked and screamed to be let go. Once he had gotten a taste of what he could have, he had been hooked and had become one of the best dealers that Shaw had ever seen.

Hmmm...wonder who that is.

The only drawback, was the he saw Jaina a little more than he wanted to. Not that he would ever say anything.

Sounds just like Jag, the "long-suffering idiot" :) (quote is from Exile, I think)

A coin toss had determined who would get the bigger room. Kyp had won.

And I don't suppose the Force had any role it it? [face_shame_on_you]

Han told him it was because he was getting old.

[face_laugh] And Han isn't?

The view was definitely still good enough to get a reaction out of her.

:)

It still amazed him how they seemed to communicate without the force between them.

It's Jag.

Of course, you?d have to have been frozen in carbonite for the last 15 years to not know Jaina Solo and Kyp Durron.

So what exactly has happened since Revelation left off? More mischief?

Until then he had class schedules to put together and a certain Jedi to not think about. As always, he would be successful in only one of those ventures.

No question as to which. :)

Loved it!

Please add me to your PM list.
  15. THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Great minds think alike. [face_laugh]

I loved the Jag/Kyp dynamic you create here Sab. It was great! The 'sweetheart' banter between them was perfect.

I'm anxious for a J/J scene to see what exactly what is going on inside of those two heads.

And when will we see Kyp's 'intrest'?

Great post, I'll probably have more later. [face_mischief]

You're very good at this.

~Piper :)

16. jadesabre75 Force Ghost

star 4

I always loved their interactions in NJO. They seemed like a great pair of friends to me, they just had too much crap going on.

Thanks for reading!

Thanks for reading! I would love to add you!

17. Chimpo Jedi Knight

Jag and Kyp - LOL those two should never be locked in the same room :p

And what the hell is wrong with Jaina and Jag?! They should be together already instead of going alone for another 5 years :mad: I'm really curious to know what happend that they are not together.
  18. jadesabre75 Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks to everyone who has read so far. I'm so glad you're all liking the story! [:D]

Here's the second part. Enjoy!!!!!

Post 2

?Bout time you got here kid.? Kyp heard as he walked up the ramp into the Falcon. He found Han sitting in a pile of wires, sparks flying around him from a welding gun. Sometimes, he wondered if the man broke something on the ship just so he could fix it. It was amazing the thing was still flying. At this point, it had to be held together by Solo luck alone.

Leaning against the bulkhead, Kyp crossed his arms in front of him and smiled. ?I had to take a shower first. Next time I?ll just show up and see how long you can handle it.?

?Kid, I?ve been around Tauntauns. Anything else smells like roses.? Han threw back. Kyp frowned as he thought of how much Han had aged in the last few years. The Corellian had always hid his age well, but it was starting to catch up with him. It had started when Chewie died and had only gotten worse when Jacen had started his descent into darkness. Now, with only one child left, two when he counted Kyp, the master found himself wondering when Han would simply
    give up. He?d been through more than most people and was still kicking. How much could one man put up with, no matter how great he was?

?You gonna stand there and think heavy thoughts all day or you gonna help me??

Kyp chuckled and walked over to see what he could do. ?What are you doing exactly?? The younger man asked as he squatted down to peer into the panel. He winced as he heard his knees emit small popping noises.

?I added a new weapons array. Now I?m trying to attach the security grids to it.? Han told him as he started to push some of the wires back into the hole in the wall.

?But you just replaced the weapons a year ago?? Kyp asked confused.

Han turned and gave him the Solo grin. ?Yeah, but Booster gave me a new one.?

Kyp rolled his eyes. ?Great. I?m not sure I want to know. Where did he get it from??

?Some new design out of the Kuat yards. It?s a modified Ion cannon.?

His mouth dropped open and Kyp was sure it hit the floor. ?You have an Ion cannon on the Falcon?!?

?Yep.? Han smiled proudly. ?Installed it myself.?

?Han, those are for capital ships and star destroyers. Why didn?t you just get some new turbolasers??

?Where?s the fun in that??

?Remind me to not fly with you until you fire it. I don?t want to be on it when it overheats your core.?

?Watch it kid. You know better than to insult the Falcon. Now hand me that hydrospanner.? Han worked quietly for a moment, which for him was a miracle, as Kyp tried to put the panel he had obviously already finished back together. As they worked side by side they both fell into a natural rhythm.

?When are you going to get your hair cut??

?What?? Kyp asked confused. He had been so immersed in what he was doing he wasn?t sure he had heard Han correctly.

?Your hair. When are you gonna cut it??

?I like my hair like this.? Kyp said as he went back to what he was doing.

?It?s too long.?

The younger man had let his hair grow out in the last few years, not for any particular reason. Just because he felt like it. His raven locks interspersed with gray fell to just below his shoulders. He usually left it tied back so it wouldn?t get in his way. Han was always giving him grief about cutting it, but he just ignored him and left it, knowing the older man was just ribbing him.

?Whatever, Dad.?

Han chuckled and they went back to work in silence. It didn?t surprise Kyp that a few hours passed before they knew it.

?So, how?s the kid doing?? Han asked quietly when they took a break finally.

?Which one? Mine or yours??

The Corellian chuckled and finished off his drink. ?Yours.?

?Jag?s fine. He?s been working a lot of classes for Luke lately. You know how he is, jumping into his work when he has something on his mind.?

?Good.? Was Han?s only comment. Kyp smiled and went back over to
  19. NightSword Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    *First!*

Amazing chapter!

Sometimes, he wondered if the man broke something on the ship just so he could fix it.

Han's made enough enemies over the years to keep himself busy as a mechanic. [face_laugh]

Kyp frowned as he thought of how much Han had aged in the last few years. The Corellian had always hid his age well, but it was starting to catch up with him. It had started when Chewie died and had only gotten worse when Jacen had started his descent into darkness. Now, with only one child left, two when he counted Kyp, the master found himself wondering when Han would simply give up. He?d been through more than most people and was still kicking. How much could one man put up with, no matter how great he was?

It always makes me sad to watch Han as he gets older, especially because he's been the quintessential, cocky Corellian for so long.

?Where?s the fun in that??

*snorts* He might be less likely to get himself killed trying to fire it.

?Jag?s fine. He?s been working a lot of classes for Luke lately. You know how he is, jumping into his work when he has something on his mind.?

Three guesses what:
    1). Jaina
    2). Jaina
    3). Jaina

Jaina nearly choked on the bite she had just taken. Kyp reached over to thump her on the back and tried to keep from laughing. Han didn?t try. He roared with laughter and Leia smacked him. Rubbing his arm and throwing her a hurt look he looked back at his nephew.

Hmmm...is she just surprised, or is something about that bothering her again?

?No, you just won?t.? Kyp responded harshly. ?I swear if you two were any more stubborn??

And Jaina's only half Corellian. :)

If any two people were meant to be together it was those two. They were just too stupid to see it.

I'd laugh watching him tell that to Jaina and then having Jaina kill him for it. [face_laugh]

?The Sword of the Jedi has finished its job Jaina Solo. Just remember this.? His voice softened and he pulled her into his arms. ?Every sword, when it?s not in use, needs a scabbard to rest in and be protected. It can?t be brandished indefinitely. Give yourself a chance to be happy for once. Even if you think you don?t deserve it.?

Great passage. I loved your metaphor with the sword and the scabbard.

?My heart can?t handle her running again. From me, or anyone else.? He told him quietly, then got up and walked out of the room.

Poor Jag :(

Loved it! Looking forward to your next post.

-NS
  20. Ceillean Force Ghost

star 5
    Oh wow. This was a great post. I loved the family dinner interaction there and Jaina and Kyp's argument at the end.
    It's so great seeing them as friends like that.

I hope Jaina gets her head out of her a** and finally sees that Jag's meant for her.

Great update!
    Thanks for the PM!
  21. canadianjedimama Force Ghost

star 4
    Okay, I love the fact that you've got Han and Kyp in cahoots with each other. Although the two of them trying to set up Jaina and Jag will lead to hilarity, I'm sure.

Jaina, so afraid to let herself lean on anyone else. *shakes head* You don't have to do everything yourself, Jaya. Everyone needs someone to share the burden with.

And Jag...oh, boy. My heart just broke with that last passage you wrote. He'd rather love her from afar than risk her running away from him agan....*sigh*[face_love] That's just so...so....wonderfully romantic. Stupid, but romantic.

And Kyp, as matchmaker...[face_thinking] well, it's always interesting when someone whose own love life is in the 'fresher tries to fix up everyone else.

=D= Great post! Can't wait for more.
  22. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 7
    Fantab characterizations of Han and Kyp. =D= I just wanna :* Kyp for what he said to Jaina. She doesn't know what a true treasure of a friend she has in him. :D Yuppers, we definitely need some J/J action here. :D

Hugs!!
  23. jadesabre75 Force Ghost

star 4
  24. jadesabre75 Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks! and thanks for reading!
  25. jadesabre75 Force Ghost

star 4
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.