Beyond The Jedi and the Ambassador - Kyp/OC and J/J - post LOTF - Final Post 5/1 - Completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jadesabre75, Apr 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. jacensolofangirl2007 Jedi Knight

star 3
    great! loved it!

I feel sorry for them though, I wonder how Kyp gets to see her again [face_thinking]

and do we get a J/J wedding in this??? [face_praying] please? lol

[face_laugh] :D More please!
  2. jadesabre75 Jedi Master

star 4
    Patience grasshopper.
  3. jacensolofangirl2007 Jedi Knight

star 3
  4. jadesabre75 Jedi Master

star 4
    You prefer a different title? o_O
  5. jacensolofangirl2007 Jedi Knight

star 3
    lol. I just want to know what 'grasshopper' is sopposed to mean and why I got it. :p
  6. jadesabre75 Jedi Master

star 4
    LOL Fair enough. I say that to everyone when they say stuff like that. When my son gets inpatient with something, that's what I say. I'd say patience young one, but that seems condescending. LOL I think I got it from a movie or something, but I can't rememeber. I've heard other people say it before.
  7. jacensolofangirl2007 Jedi Knight

star 3
    [face_laugh] okay then, thats funny. I guess I can live with that title, still not sure if thats a good or bad thing though [face_laugh] [face_worried] lol
  8. jadesabre75 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yay![face_dancing]
  9. Flowerlady Force Ghost

star 4
    Have you been over there?! LOL It's like feeding time in the tiger cage.

Yep...and sometimes I even get into the tiger cage....:p

Sara
  10. jadesabre75 Jedi Master

star 4
  11. JEDI_MARAUDER Jedi Master

star 1
    Shaw trained himself huh? Obviously that did not give him the skills to take on Kyp Durron. Honestly I would think this guy might do a little research on the Jedi since he operates on the other side of the law. Pretty sure that any source would say Kyp is not someone to be trifled with. He paid for his stupidity with his arm though. I like that Shaw didn't really cry out, the shock on his face is a much better end to their little duel.

I was glad to see that Jade got to put a little bit of her self defense training to use even if it didn't stop her from getting hurt. It might have saved her life though, which is the whole point anyways. However Jade might want to train a little bit more before she starts giving Hobbie a run for his money in the bacta endorsement market, she has been getting injured a lot. Lets hope that this sequestration nonsense doesn't leave her open for another attack, this time from Edward. She deserves a break from physical harm, especially sense the mental strain is going to start getting worse.

Good post, as always. Looking forward to seeing how this all gets wrapped up.

12. jadesabre75 Jedi Master

star 4

Ok, so I did the next post and it ended up being the end of the story. So, do you all want it now or do you want to wait?
  13. iamobiwan1970 Jedi Master

star 4
    Great action, but I'd like to think Kyp was just toying with that self-trained looser! Glad he disarmed him. Loved all the mushy stuff too. I pictured this all very clearly.
  14. Jag4Me Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Ok, so I did the next post and it ended up being the end of the story. So, do you all want it now or do you want to wait?[/quote]

Um, now? I have no patience...but more than folks waiting on Invincible spoilers. Of course...by now I could have flown to
    that dude's country, bought the book at his book shop, and read the it on the first part of the flight home.

:)
  15. jadesabre75 Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, here's the ending. Hope everyone likes it. I thought it was going to take more time, but apparently it didn't.

Thanks to everyone that read and reviewed and even to those of you who just read. I hope I entertained everyone, even for a brief time!

HUGE thanks to Jade Eyes for being my beta![:D]

Enjoy!

~Sab

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

Post 25

Two weeks later?

?How in the Sith am I supposed to be a credible witness when I?ve lost my mind?? Jade asked, talking to no one in particular. She?d taken to talking to herself in the last two weeks and that scared her just a tad. The guard across the room from her chuckled and she was thankful that at least he had a good sense of humor.

?I?m not sure he?s worried about that.? The guard, Devin, answered her not looking up from his data pad.

?Obviously.? Jade said, sarcasm dripping from the word. Devin had gotten used to the ambassador?s ramblings and he honestly couldn?t blame her. She?d had no outside contact except for him and one of the other guards the entire two weeks she had been sequestered. Actually, he was surprised she hadn?t lost her mind yet. At least he got to go home one day a week and see his wife.

Devin went back to the messages he had waiting and nearly jumped when his comm unit trilled. Setting the datapad down, he stood up and walked down the hall to take the call.

?Jackman.?

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

Devin came back into the living room a few minutes later and Jade looked up to see him smiling.

?What? They?ve canceled the trial?? She asked, knowing that wasn?t the answer.

?No, but this one I think you?ll like.?

?What?!? She yelled, making him laugh.

?They?ve moved your place in the docket up. You testify tomorrow.?

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

Next day?

Michael made his way through the throngs of people to find a seat in the third row of the courtroom. He?d been to the trial everyday and while it was interesting, he was not the only one who wanted it to be over with. Jade was a very missed person right now, especially by one person. He had been to lunch the day before with the Jedi master and had to say that every time he talked to him he liked him even more. There was hope for Jade to be happy yet. If the two of them didn?t get in the way of realizing that fact.

Someone sat down next to him, but he didn?t turn to acknowledge them thinking it was just a stranger.

?Do you know how hard it was for me to get in here??

Michael turned in surprise and laughed when he saw Kyp sitting next to him dressed in casual clothes. Somehow, he wasn?t surprised to see him here.

?You didn?t wipe any minds, did you??

?It was hard, but I resisted the temptation.? Kyp snarked, joining the governor in a chuckle. Even without the force, Michael knew Kyp was anxious. Jared had told him the master had not handled being away from Jade for the last two weeks very well. He had pretty much kept to himself, snapping at people when he did happen to venture out of his apartment or office. Michael started to say something, when he heard the noise of the room die down signaling the entrance of the jury and the judge. He frowned, not seeing Jade, and wondering if they were going to make her wait until the end of the day to testify. Then he saw her, sitting in the front row behind the DA.

?The matter of the 25th Circuit Court of the NR vs. Senator Bela Mnaa will now come to order. The honorable Judge Ruben Fey presiding.?

?Please be seated.? The judge commanded and it was surprisingly quiet as everyone complied. Kyp figured it was because people wanted to hear every word of this trial. It had sparked so many discussions and debates in the two weeks since its inception and was the talk of the holonet almost constantly. He didn?t even watch the news anymore--he was so sick of it.

?I?m hoping it?s going to be a short day, gentlemen, since we only have one witness on the docket.? Fey threw out to the two lawyers sitting in front of him. A
  16. jadesabre75 Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks! You and me both! I'm so glad you liked this chapter!!!

Um, now? I have no patience...but more than folks waiting on Invincible spoilers. Of course...by now I could have flown to that dude's country, bought the book at his book shop, and read the it on the first part of the flight home.

:) [/quote]

Ask, and ye shall receive. LOL Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm starting to wonder if the guy even really has it. I certainly wouldn't have posted anything until I had read it, but that's me.
  17. canadianjedimama Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_dancing] First!

*sniff's the air* What's that I smell Sab? Is it a sequel?

:D

Sorry I didn't reply to the last post but I'm here now![:D]

I've just gotten home from work and had some lovely PM's waiting for me. Thanks, dear one. Your little guy is cute and your story is awesome!

SQUEEEEE! I just [face_love] it when eveyone gets a happy ending. Jaina and Jag got married, Kyp and Jade are gonna get married...and Luke's line of "it's about damn time." was just too damn funny! I laughed out loud.

Good to see Jade giving that lawyer the 'what fer'. I could never be lawyer, I just could not defend someone I knew was guilty. :( Bela deserves what he got.[face_not_talking]

And I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you in the most sarcastic was possible for wishing me Happy Smelly People Day. Cause you know what? They all came to visit me at work! I damn near died from the various stenches. [face_sick]

<Han Solo> What a wonderful smell you've discovered!

So...thanks!

:p

:D

Cyn
  18. jadesabre75 Jedi Master

star 4
    You guys crack me up with your first. LOL you know I tell Jake all the time that it's not important to be first. o_O
  19. JEDI_MARAUDER Jedi Master

star 1
    What a happy ending. I am almost sad to see it end. It has been such a great ride, but the way you left it was perfect, with the hope that everything will end up the way it should and everyone will be happy. Almost brings a tear to my eye. Now to the rest:

The first scene was great, I know I would be losing my mind stuck in a room away from anyone I knew. Don't they know what she has been going through lately? She just got out of a bacta tank before the trial started. They might as well have just thrown her in a padded cell. Maybe she should have tried meditating though, she might have been able to feel Kyp through their bond. I think that would have held her over a little better.

I thought it was funny when Kyp told Jade's father how hard it was for him to get into the courtroom. We all know nothing could have stopped him if he really needed to get in, but it plays into the Kyp you have written. The one with a sense of humor. Michael's observations about Kyp are nice to hear as well. Even he can see how complete the pair makes each other.

When Jade was reaming the defense attorney I felt like cheering. No matter what the guy was trying to accomplish with his line of questioning, he was getting shut down. I like how he finally just bailed out and didn't ask any further questions. After her testimony when Jade asked ?I don?t have to go back to that safehouse do I?? I had to laugh at the picture of her expression that I got, wide eyed panic. Did Kyp use some kind of Jedi mind trick to get the press out of there? That wouldn't be overuse of the force, more like strategic application of suggestion to preserve the sanity of a crucial witness. Sounds much better that way doesn't it?

I am so glad that Kyp and Jade were able to come together. Perhaps all the sequestration time got to them both enough so that they realized they could not stand any more time apart. Whatever the reason, it was good to see.

?And I know I speak for all those present when I say it?s about damn time.? I had to laugh at that one. First, it's the truth and I think everyone was getting tired of their excuses for not being married. Second, Luke said that? WOW! That is really what made that line so awesome.

Then, what better way to end a post full of happy ending material than with the prospect of the two main characters finally coming to the point where they know they want to spend the rest of their lives together. I prefer the engagement ending to a marriage because it leaves off with expectation of more happiness to come and no dark clouds on the horizon.

It has been really fun to read The Jedi and the Ambassador and you did so well with the characters. I like your version of Kyp a lot better than canon, he's not so selfish and arrogant, thank goodness. Thank you for sharing it all with us and I hope to read more from you in the future.
  20. jadesabre75 Jedi Master

star 4
  21. jacensolofangirl2007 Jedi Knight

star 3
    my word! :eek: how in the world did you finish this so quick? lol :eek: =D=

I'll read this tomorrow, but it really lookes great! Congrats on finishing!

Edit: That was so great on so many levels! [face_dancing]

You wrote a very cool trial! little mean but it was really cool to read, I don't think I've ever read a story with a trial before [face_thinking]

And I LOVED the wedding, just right for those two I think, not too much not too little. just right. [face_love] And Yay! I'm still jumping up and down at J/K! I'm so happy their going to get married too! [face_dancing] [face_dancing] LOL loved Han's line at the end [face_laugh] .

22. Rogue_Solo Jedi Knight

star 3
  23. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    I loved Jade's poise and snarkness at the trial :D Jag/Jaina getting married was so delightful and gratifying. (My personal opinion is it shoulda happened at the end of NJO). [face_frustrated] But oh, Kyp and Jade.... magnificent. Splendid!!! Droolicious!!! [face_love] :)

[:D] @};-
  24. ccp Force Ghost

star 4
    Great Job!
    Jade on the stand was great!
    So is this it or is there another wedding coming?
  25. jadesabre75 Jedi Master

star 4
    Thank you so much for your reviews and for reading! I'm so glad everyone liked the story!!![:D]
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.