main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Jedi and the Ambassador - Kyp/OC and J/J - post LOTF - Final Post 5/1 - Completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jadesabre75, Apr 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jadesabre75

jadesabre75 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 14, 2007

2. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    Next chapter folks...Piper, you're getting behind. [face_mischief]

Post 4

Iella was just getting ready to go home for the day when her comm went off. It trilled a few times and she glared at it as she kept gathering her work. After seven trills, she finally huffed and picked it up.

?Iella here.?

?Ella??

?Jade?? She asked confused.

?Yeah. Do you have a minute?? To most people, Jade?s voice would have sounded normal. Iella knew better. Something was wrong.

?Sure. Why don?t you come over for dinner tonight?? The intelligence agent asked as she sat back down at her desk and hoped she was just being paranoid. The silence that greeted her confirmed that she wasn?t.

?Jade??

?I have something you need to see.? The voice told her, a bit quieter than before.

Iella?s stomach dropped as she closed her eyes and swore to herself. ?How bout I stop by on the way home??

?That?s fine. I?ll be here.? Jade responded then dropped the line.

Jade was a carefree person, or at least had been for as long as Iella had known her. She didn?t let many things bother her. The younger woman had once told her: ?My job is stressful enough, I don?t need any drama in my personal life.? Jade definitely lived her life by that creed. Of course, her upbringing helped immensely considering she had been in the public eye for most of it. There also had to be something in the Storm genes too, because Jake was the exact same way. If there was ever anyone you wanted to be in charge in a chaotic situation, it was a Storm. Level headed, trustworthy, and decisive. Those were all words she would use for the two siblings.

Iella realized she was delaying the inevitable, so she picked up her comm and opened a line to home.

?Antillies.?

Iella smiled. ?Hey handsome.?

?Hey yourself, beautiful. You on your way home?? She could hear the girls talking in the background. It was rare that both her daughters were home at the same time, so she had been looking forward to this weekend. Syal was in her second year in the military and she was very much her father?s daughter. She had taken to flying and service just as well and as quickly as he had. Myri, on the other hand, was all Iella. Ironically enough, she had just graduated basic training and had put her application into Intelligence. As a mother, she was both proud and frightened for her girls. When she would have a moment and start to worry about them Wedge would simply remind her that they had raised their girls well and they had to have confidence in them.

Likewise, when Wedge and Iella had allowed Jake and Jade into their lives, they had also invited them into the girls?. She didn?t think she would be able to repay either of them for the help they had given her and Wedge over the years. There had been days when neither one of them had been able to leave work because of one crisis or another and both Storm siblings had stepped in to help without thinking about it.

?Um?not yet. I need to stop by Jade?s first.?

?Why don?t you just invite her? I?m sure the girls would like to see her.?

Iella grimaced. ?I don?t know how long I?m going to be.? She told her husband quietly.

Wedge paused. ?Not good news I take it.? He finally said.

?Well, when Jade calls me and she sounds upset, it can?t be good.?

?No, it can?t. Call me when you start home.?

?I will. I love you.? She told him with a smile.

?Love you too.?

Iella pulled her speeder up to Senator Mnaa?s residence. The big mansion was set in an area that was highly protected and fairly isolated for being so close to the city. She had been here many times before to visit her friend, usually under happier circumstances. The sprawling house was one of the newer buildings on the planet. There had been a large majority of people who had screamed that the planet needed to be brought back to its former glory. A ?living? planet where everything was utilized to its utmost and even

3. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Interesting, I am guessing that Kyp is somehow going to wind up in the middle of this. That should prove fun.

4. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    *taps foot*

Where's my J/J mush, Sab?o_O

But this was really good too.

[:D]

So Jade's husband is a slimeball, huh? And I'm sure that his warm feelings for his wife will only last as long as his cover does.

*rubs hands together* Then the Kypster can pick up the pieces.

Can't wait.

Oh, and don't worry about Piper falling behind. As long as one of you keeps putting out fic for me to read, I'm a happy camper.

:D

Cyn

5. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    Of course. Someone has to come to her aide. Thanks for reading!

6. jacensolofangirl2007

jacensolofangirl2007 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 30, 2007
    cool stuff! I feel really bad for Jade though, poor girl. so is Kyp going to come save her from this evil man or what??:D

7. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007

8. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    I agree with CCP, this is where Kyp comes in...

Boy, Bela has everyone snowed, doesn't he?

Great job!!! I can't wait for more...[:D]

Sara

9. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    Oh don't feel too bad for her. She gets the consolation prize, which should be first prize if you ask me. LOL Of course Kyp is going to save the day. Thanks for the reply!

10. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007

11. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    You know, of all the things that had come to mind, I had never once thought of slaves.
    It's creepy. Disgustingly so.
    And here I was liking Bela! :_|

I feel so so so very sorry for Jade. That she must feel dissapointed isn't a strong enough word. She must be mortified. Broken up inside that her husband could be so cold and could deal with other beings just like that.

I'm shocked.

I'm guessing something will go wrong in their plan and Jade's taken to the Jedi? Or maybe Kyp will be sent to protect her?
    Oh, how funny would that be. I don't think Jade's the kind of person to hold back on comments and neither is Kyp.

Wonderful update!
    Thanks for the PM.

12. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    Thanks and you're welcome!

13. NightSword

NightSword Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 25, 2008
    Ahhh! I'm getting behind!

Chapter 3
    Looking up into the night sky he wondered again how he had let himself get mired in the business he was in.

Curious. Does this have anything to do with the trader we saw at the beginning?

Realizing there was no out, he worked to make a name for himself and outshone all his competitors. He pushed the horror of his job aside and made himself numb to it. It was the only way he could function. Sometimes he felt like two people, one good and one evil. The worst part was that with the flick of a switch he could move between the two and it didn?t bother him. He closed himself off from his emotions and it only made him better. Made him stronger

Poor Bela. :( Great passage!

The man fidgeted in his seat and she threw him a look that said ?well??. In her head she knew that she had him. He couldn?t argue with her at this point, at least not with something legitimate. Looking at the other people seated at the table, she found most of them avoiding her gaze. Bela owed her. Originally he had scheduled this meeting himself, but his latest trip had taken longer than he had thought and, being the good wife that she was, she had offered to take his place. She could argue his points almost as well as he could, so it really wasn?t an issue. She just hated dealing with most of the particular senators that were in the room at the moment.

[face_laugh] Reminds me of Mara.

?I?m not sure the senate is quite ready for that Lando. Hell, I don?t think I?m ready for that myself.?

Judging from her personalities, I'm guessing that the first would be a bigger concern. :)

This particular group of 15 year olds had tested him especially hard though, but he had finally brought them around to his way of thinking.

[face_mischief] Chiss or Corellian?

Sighing, he drained the bottle and stood up. Maybe it was time to take Iella up on her offer to set him up. He had to find a way to move on.

Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Loved the post!

Chapter 4

The younger woman had once told her: ?My job is stressful enough, I don?t need any drama in my personal life.?

But that wouldn't be any fun, would it? :)

As a mother, she was both proud and frightened for her girls. When she would have a moment and start to worry about them Wedge would simply remind her that they had raised their girls well and they had to have confidence in them.

Tell that to the Solos [face_whistling] (and make sure I'm watching)

Now, instead of having blocks and blocks of buildings, there were more flora and fauna. More parks where people could go to relax and spend time with friends and loved ones. After everything the galaxy had been through, just in the last 30 years, it was decided that maybe tradition, in this aspect, wasn?t so good after all.

Loved it!

As Iella stood at the door waiting for Jade to answer she tried to think about what the younger woman would present her with. Jade wasn?t the type of person to get upset over nothing. Being a governor?s daughter would do that to you.

:_| It's sad what everyone has to put up with because their parents are famous.

?It?s not your fault, honey.? She told the younger woman.

Jade pulled back and wiped her cheeks. ?Oh I know it?s not my fault. I just keep going back and forth between being furious and not understanding how this happened. I married him for Force sake. How could he be doing this and I not know it??

I have to feel sorry for Bela, especially because he's been trying to hard to keep Jade out of it.

And does that mean Jade and Bela is coming to a close? (and Jade/Kyp is coming up?)

?No discussion.? Iella told her as she walked over towards her and gave her the best motherly look she could. ?I?m not leaving you here tonight by yourself.?

Because she wants to keep Jade company, or because she's afraid Jade will try something stupid?

There was always something going on away from home. Tha

14. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    [face_whistling]
    Thanks! It should be up shortly! Maybe even tonight if I can't wait. I'm the kind of person when I have a gift for someone, I try not to buy it early because I'll agonize over wanting to give it to them right away. LOL This story is no different.

15. Trickster-Lead

Trickster-Lead Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 23, 2007
    Don't make me wait!!!!
    Here I am sick...I need something to look forward to!
    Ok, so it's just a cold, still....

16. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    [face_laugh]

I'm sorry you're not feeling well. Just for you I'll put up the next part. [:D]

17. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    This one is kind of long, but somehow I don't see anyone complaining...:D

I didn't send out PM's again because quite frankly I want all of you to want to keep reading the story. If you keep getting PM's from me you might want to kill me.

Enjoy!!!! ~Sab

Post 5

One day later?

?We are gathered here today?Ow.?

?Han, sit down.?

?Did you have to hit me, sweetheart?? He asked rubbing his arm as the group chuckled. Everyone knew darn well that it hadn?t hurt. Leia glared at him and he just smiled back.

?All right children. Calm down.? Iella called from the top of the table. She set down her stack of flimsi?s and picked up the stack of datapads that was sitting on a small console next to her. As she walked around the table to hand them out she started talking.

?You?ve all been briefed on the basics of this case so I won?t go into that, at least not yet. This meeting is mainly to start a plan of action and give everyone their assignments.? She finished as she regained her seat and gave them all a minute to look over what they had been given.

?All right, Suna and Chaz are the primary undercovers for this case.? The pretty blonde from Adumar to Iella?s left said nothing as she continued to puruse the info she had just been given. They had all seen the information in a more basic form before this meeting, but Suna liked to make sure about things. Chaz Kalar however, didn?t need to look at the data pad. Being a Duros, everything Iella had showed him to this point was already floating around in his brain. Like most of his kind, he had a photographic memory, one of the many reasons he was an intelligence agent. ?They will be shadowing the Senator on any of his trips.?

To their left was seated a young, crimson-hued Twi?lek woman whom Iella had worked with on numerous occasions when dealing with slave rings. ?Tee?ana has been working with her contacts to see if there is any information that we can get from the underground.? The woman nodded but didn?t say anything. Tee?ana Velos had been a slave girl on Tatooine under the hutts for most of her childhood. Instead of moaning and looking for pity, she had put the knowledge she had gained from that experience to good use in intelligence.

Next came Han and Leia at the other end of the table. ?Han, I thought perhaps your smuggler history could help us. Especially if you still have some connections.? He flashed a grin and Leia rolled her eyes. ?And Leia, I need your help with the Senate because I don?t even want to learn how to deal with that.? Everyone laughed and Iella moved on.

Wedge sat between Leia and Iella and sent the latter a questioning look. ?And my reason for being here?? He asked jokingly.

?You?re cute.? A voice from the corner piped up. Iella continued as if it hadn?t spoken.

?Because you think outside the box so well and I think we?ll need that.? She retorted coyly. ?Plus, you have good connections also.?

Raxle Starseed was the next member of the team. Raxle was a human male from Tatooine who had actually ran a small slave ring with his father up until four years ago. He had fallen in love with a slave girl and when his father had found out she had been disposed of as a lesson. The young man had then left behind everything he had and came to Coruscant. He had ended up talking to the right person and was working in Intelligence not too long after.

?Raxle will be providing background information once we infiltrate the ring and help us take it down from the inside hopefully.

?All right, you?ve all had a chance to skim over the information again so let?s??

?Um, Mrs. Antillies I have a question.? Wedge snickered beside her as she tried not to roll her eyes.

?Yes Han.?

?What?s Janson doing here?? Everyone turned to look at the man in question as he graced them with a smile and a wave from his seat in the corner. Iella sighed and turned back towards the table.

?He?s here

18. Trickster-Lead

Trickster-Lead Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 23, 2007
    First off, thank you kindly for posting!!! It made my day.

As for the story... Woah... Major turn of events and poor Iella.
    Can't wait of more!

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Iella's Pov is marvelous. She and Wedge are real friends to Jade. Jade's a trooper :D Love how fast Iella was able to put a team and a plan together :)

20. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    You're very welcome and I'm glad I could make your day.

Yeah, just a little shake up in the story. [face_mischief]

I think I'm going to wait until tomorrow for anymore.
    :D

21. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    I'm glad I was able to convey that sense of family with Jade and the Antilles. Yes, Jade's a trooper, but she's got a while to go. Of course, Iella is good. :D

22. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    Blame Sean. [face_mischief] I'll let you guess why. [face_devil] [face_whistling]

Yeah, like in one hour...:p :*

Okay, I loved the dynamic between Han and Kyp on the Falcon. I liked how you described Han's ageing which has picked up from Kyp's POV, and how Kyp has been adopted into the Solo family.

What the hell is wrong with Jaina Solo? Can someone please answer me this one-simple...question. Would the real Jaina Solo please stand up and knock Jag horizontal, which is what any freaking sane woman would do.

Really, though, I liked the Kyp/Jag scene where Fel admits that he is being prideful, which, of course...he did in Fury. However, I always take Jag's side. [face_love] He's on my does NO FREAKING WRONG list with Anakin Solo and Obi-wan. :)

Because he's a man, Sweetheart. :) They are duplicitous by nature. Yes, every man...anyone who says, "No, not my man," is either high or stupid. :)

[image=http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii66/kickmcgregor/bm1134_bBoys-Stink-Lie-Posters.jpg]

[image=http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii66/kickmcgregor/bm1153_bDrop-Dead-Posters.jpg]

This is very good, Sab. Not that I'm not surprised, mind you.

But, uh, where is my Jag/Jaina hot and heavy scene?

Now, please..

Hah, I'm caught up now...:cool:

23. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    Whaddaya mean no PM?

:p Uh-oh, looks like Shaw made good on his threat.

o_O Wes Janson in an Intelligence meeting? [face_thinking] Ya know, one of these days they're going to retcon Wes into the James Bond of the GFFA.

And, sneaky author you, sticking in the sorta J/J at the end.[face_shame_on_you] I NEED more than that!

Great update

Cyn

Oh, and Piper can't count if she thinks she's caught up. The score is 5-3 in jadesabre's favour. Piper keeps getting....waylaid. :p

[face_laugh]

24. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007

25. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.