main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Jedi and the Ambassador - Kyp/OC and J/J - post LOTF - Final Post 5/1 - Completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jadesabre75, Apr 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    I had three posts to read just now. After going out and having a few drinks, this is a delightful way to end the evening.
    Well, morning more like.

I totally love how you portray Kyp. The cool and calm persona of the Jedi Master.
    And obviously he's falling for Jade. So I'm guessing they'll have a thing going later on in the story, right under Bela's nose?

Great update! And thanks for the PM.

2. JEDI_MARAUDER

JEDI_MARAUDER Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2007
    That was an excellent post. It is strange that Bela has such good control over his emotions and it will be interesting to find out if Kyp was correct in assuming that he is force sensitive, or at least knows someone else who is. Are you going to have any more from Bela's point of view? It might be interesting to hear his thoughts on having a Jedi master protecting his wife.

The scene between Jaina and Jag was very good, you are doing a great job of conveying the awkwardness between the two of them. It really seems like they still have strong feelings for each other, but are too stubborn to admit it. Well, Jag has admitted it to himself at least, but he won't tell Jaina because she will just run away from what she feels anyways. They are a very frustrating couple...Jag's last line was very sweet too. Hopefully Jaina can swallow her pride and go to him if she ever needs a friend.

I am thoroughly enjoying this so far, awesome work.

3. jadesabre75

jadesabre75 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 14, 2007
    Thanks!

4. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    [/quote]

5. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    Thanks and you're welcome!

6. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    Yay! I'm so glad! Thanks for reading!

7. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    Kick...300 hundred feet? Clanish...like in a really weird back woods of Tennesee sort of way?o_O
    MIL lives 5 minutes away, and sometimes, that's even too dang close.
    And if "New Beginnings" is kicking you in the ass, well then dear, kick it right back in the balls! :p Seriously, anything I can help with?:confused:

Now, for my review....

Sab, awesome update. I loved the Kyp/Jade interaction. The banter, and especially Kyp covering her with a blanket...perfect!

Jaina needs to stop being such a twit. He just wants to be your friend Jaya. *snickers* At least until he can convince you otherwise. Give the boy a chance.

[face_thinking] Then again, maybe not. If she did, we wouldn't get our Imperial Red Trunks scene.

And Bela makes me wanna[face_sick]

Cyn

Keep it comin'

8. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    Post 10 going up in...10!

9. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    Happy Big Wind Day! Which is ironic since it's windy as you know what here! Oh well. On to the post.

Post 9

Jade looked over and smiled at her husband when he wrapped his hand around hers. Inside she was cringing. Every time he had touched her she had fought down a wave of nausea, but apparently it hadn?t shown because he hadn?t asked her if anything was wrong. He had talked casually about his trip throughout dinner and she had feigned interest but all she could picture when he talked was the slaves from his file. They were burned into her retinas now and she wondered
    if they would ever go away.

They finished eating and Jade moved to clear things off the table when Bela stopped her.

?Leave it. Someone else can get it.? He told her quietly. Standing up he pulled her into his embrace and kissed her forehead. ?I have to leave tomorrow and I want to spend some time with you.? He kissed her gently, threading his hands through her hair and Jade allowed herself to give in.

Kyp was sitting in the middle of the bed going over the info Iella had given him when his comm went off. Without looking away from his work, he reached over to pick it up and turned it on.

?Durron.?

?Honey, where did you put the shampoo??

Kyp closed his eyes and tried to restrain his laughter. ?Cute, sweetheart. Are you bored already?? He asked Fel as he turned the datapad off and fell back onto the bed. Truth be told he was bored himself. Not that he wanted this to be an action packed assignment. But he and Fel usually entertained each other and, not to make them sound like an old married couple, they usually weren?t away from each other that much. He was used to them sitting on the couch most
    nights and watching some sporting event. Or watching some stupid action movie and telling each other how their day went. Come to think of it, they did sound like an old married couple.

?Hardly.? Fel retorted.

?We really need to get lives, Jag.?

?Yeah. I was just thinking that.? The younger man responded. ?How did your first day go?? Jag asked. Kyp could hear him rummaging around through the comm.

?Lovely. Just lovely.?

Jag chuckled. ?That good??

?Well, it could have been worse. I got to sit through an agonizingly long, mind numbing meeting of the ambassador?s today. Then I got to deal an overgrown hutt posing as head of security for the Senator, who is doing a lousy job of protecting the said senator?s wife. And to top it all off, the senator is home two days early, so I got to spring my new job on him too.?

Kyp could almost picture Jag raising an eyebrow at his tirade and chuckled.

?Well, hell. That?s a good day.? Jag threw back and Kyp?s eyes shot open. Sitting up he moved over to the side of the bed and stood up.

?What happened?? He asked as he stared out the window at the city skyline. There was something in the tone of his friend?s voice that made him uneasy.

?One of the Wampas decided to set of a stink bomb in a classroom.? Jag informed him.

?That doesn?t sound that bad, unless it was in the mess hall. Of course that would cover the smell of the food.?

Kyp heard a chuckle, but had a feeling it wasn?t in the mess hall. He waited a moment and when Jag didn?t volunteer the location, he took a guess.

?Your classroom, huh.?

?Yep.?

?How many showers have you taken??

?Not enough.? Jag growled and Kyp let out a whoop of laughter. After his laughter died down, he waited for Jag to say what he had really called for. When his roommate said nothing he sighed.

?So what?s really wrong?? Kyp asked, knowing that unless he pushed Jag wouldn?t volunteer any info.

?Jaina stopped by tonight. She was looking for you.?

Kyp cursed. ?I forgot to let her know what happened. Was she mad??

A chuckle met Kyp?s ears. ?At first, but she came around eventually. We even managed to be in the same room and not kill each other.?

?Well, miracles do exist.?

?Iella wants to set me up with someone she knows.? Jag threw at him.

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Oooh, yummy Kyp/Jade there at the end. I'll be tickled to see how Jag's date turns out. ;)

11. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    Had to put a little drama in there. LOL Yes, Jag's date should be interesting.[face_whistling]

12. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Soooooooo, what's Happy Big Wind Day? Never heard of it. :)

Jag and Kyp make really good best friends, I think. They should be like that in canon, honestly.

Bela....[face_plain]Slave ring and now a girl on the side? I don't like him much anymore. [face_not_talking]

Great update! And I'm really interested in who Jag's date will be.
    Thanks for the PM!

13. canadianjedimama

Jan 28, 2008
    That lying, no good, rotten son of a gundark!

Slave ring and mistress?

[face_sick]

If you're intent was to make me hate Bela with the fire of a 1000 suns, you've done it.

But I really liked the Jag and Kyp banter. It was great!

Nice update!

Cyn

14. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    you're welcome!

15. JediKyle23

JediKyle23 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 5, 2008
    Just caught up. Very interesting. Love the attention to detail you bring. Keep up the good work.

16. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007

17. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    Thank you so much! I'm glad you're enjoying it!

18. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    I'm in the mood for a teaser. :D This won't be for a few posts but you've all been clammoring for some J/J mush so here ya go!

~Sab

He settled the blankets around her and then started to straighten up when she grabbed his arm.

?Aren?t you going to take my clothes off?? He heard her ask him sleepily. Her eyes opened and while they were still glassy he saw something in them he hadn?t seen in a while. At least not for him.

?I don?t think that would be a good idea Goddess.? He whispered, not daring to move. A huge grin formed on her face and he felt her hand move from his arm to his shoulder. He should move. He should leave. He should run screaming from her room. But he stood still, soaking in every bit of her touch. Every bit of her presence. Gently he sat down on the edge of the bed and sighed.

They stared at one another for what seemed like hours, but he knew it was only minutes. She hadn?t moved her hand from his shoulder, it was now moving up and over to his neck. His brain was telling him to run, but he let his heart rule.

He wasn?t sure who moved first, but suddenly he found himself kissing her and everything else faded away. Jag?s hands became entangled in her hair and he felt her arms wrap around his neck and pull him closer. Using her weight, she fell back onto the bed and brought him with her. Jag offered no resistance, one hand leaving her hair to brace himself so he wasn?t laying fully on her.

He He....
    [face_devil]

19. Trickster-Lead

Trickster-Lead Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 23, 2007
    hmmmmm.....That is promising indeed.
    MORE!!!! lol

20. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    LOL Soon....maybe even this week.

21. jacensolofangirl2007

jacensolofangirl2007 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 30, 2007
    okay i'm all caught up again now :D

and I just have one word for you .....AWESOME!!!

okay I think I'll add a few more words :p

I really like Jared's charater, he seems like he's going to be a very intresting one read.... And Kyp just get better and better in each chapter...I love how he keep's having to slap himself about thinking about Jade and her beauty [face_love]

and the Jag and Jaina was really great! It was funny the way he was ordering her to come in and sit and talk with him. I wonder what his date is going to be like though. maybe Iella will set them up on a double date without them knowing [face_devil]

can't wait for the next part!!!

'

OH MY WORD! and you think my cliffie's are bad....sheesh! :eek:

22. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    [face_blush]
    LOL I didn't want to put too much more in there cause it would give away the scene. LOL

23. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    Happy Thomas Jefferson Day! My writer's block cleared off enough to write the next chappie! Yay! :D

I like this one too. [face_blush]

Enjoy!

~Sab

Post 10

One week later?

Jag was pulling on his shirt when the door chime rang. Rolling his eyes, he continued buttoning it as he walked to answer the door. A smile crept onto his face when he saw who it was.

?Hey cuz. Mind if I come in??

He stepped back and waved her into the living room. Myri turned to look at him as he finished with his shirt. When he looked back up from the buttons she was giving him ?the look?.

?Is there a particular reason I?m getting glared at?? He asked as he walked over to the couch and sat to put on his shoes.

?What are you doing?? She said, standing in front of him, hands on her hips.

?I?m putting my shoes on, Myr. I thought they covered that in basic training.?

?Jagged! That?s not what I?m talking about and you know it.?

Jag grinned at her and tried not to laugh. He really didn?t feel like sporting a bruise on his date. If he laughed at Myri that was exactly what he would have.

?Why are you going on this date?? She asked him, her voice quieter now. He looked up and saw a frown on her face.

?Myri??

?You and Jaina belong together.? She interrupted him.

Jag sat back on the couch and sighed. ?Myri, I really don?t want to talk about this before my date.? Can we have this discussion some other time??

?No, because it will be too late then. Why don?t you ask Jaina out on a date??

?A guy can only get shot down so many times before he gets the idea. Besides, I don?t think you really have any place to be telling me this.?

He saw her bristle at his comment, but didn?t apologize.

?We?re not talking about me. We?re talking about you.?

?So why haven?t you asked Jake on a date?? He countered and saw her deflate just a little. ?I?m sorry Myri, that wasn?t very nice of me.?

She sat down next to him and sighed. ?No, you?re right. I should have done something, but it might be too late now. He?s on a date tonight.?

?You?re kidding me? Please tell me your mom didn?t set him up?? Jag pulled her to him and wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

?No, some girl asked him out. I found out from his wingmate.?

?I?m sorry, honey.? He told her as he kissed the top of her head. ?You know, it may not be too late though. Maybe he?ll be so bored that he won?t want to see her again.?

?Or she?ll be so ugly, he?ll run screaming from the restaurant.? She mumbled and Jag had to laugh.

?Don?t give up yet, Myri. I know Jake likes you, you just have to make sure he knows your feelings are returned.?

?Yeah.? She responded. They sat there in silence for a few moments, then Jag sighed.

?I have to go, honey.? Myri nodded and stood up. He did the same and pulled her into a hug.

?You know, you could follow your own advice.? She turned to tell him right before she walked out the door.

He smiled and nodded at her, then she left.

He moved to ring the door chime, but stopped right before he hit it. Closing his eyes, he took a deep breath and pushed everything else out of his head. He would not think of Jaina tonight.

?Jagged??

His eyes snapped back to Ranna and gave her a smile.

?I?m sorry, I was thinking about something else.?

She smiled at him and took a drink of her wine. He had to admit that Iella had picked someone who was extremely beautiful. Her long blonde hair and blue eyes had drawn more than a few eyes tonight and she was very interesting to talk to. Why the hell couldn?t he just focus? He should be enjoying himself.

?Is she pretty??

He looked at her confused. ?What??

?Whoever you were thinking about.? She told him. He searched her eyes, but saw no hint of anger or jealousy.

?I wasn?t??

?Don?t lie. From what I?ve heard, you?re not a man prone to lying.?

He didn?t s

24. canadianjedimama

Jan 28, 2008
    *first*

Okay, on the edit...

Jag on a date...oh that's yummy. And I gotta give his date major points. She sounds very reasonable and would make a good friend.
    [face_thinking] Okay, it puts the Swim Trunks scene into a different light for me....

Kyp and Jade....[face_love]

And the teaser....=P~ =P~ =P~

Love it!

Cyn

25. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Great update and teaser and update.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.