main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Jedi Apprentice/Jedi Quest series

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Darth_Photon, Jan 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Photon

Darth_Photon Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2009
    For anyone who may have read these, do you know if they are considered canon? No novels that I've read have made a mention to either of these two series.

Also, I never finished Jedi Quest (I started the series years ago and forgot about it). I'm curious if anything significant happened during Obi-Wan and Anakin's experiences with Grant Omega.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Drewton

Drewton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 8, 2009
    Yeah, they're canon, unfortunately.

3. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Yes, they're canon and one of the characters actually made it to G-Canon in ROTS.

Omega goes a bit nuts at the end of Jedi Quest series and goes to Korriban where he's hunted down by the Jedi.

I prefered Jedi Apprentice over Jedi Quest, though the series sort of lost a little after The Call to Vengeance.

4. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Yep.

They're some of the best EU produced about the Prequel period.

And yes, Granta Omega makes contact with Palpatine and arranges for the assassination of most of Palpatine's political opponents in the Senate right before the Clone Wars period. Palpatine, himself, only escapes assassination because of Anakin Skywalker (or so Palpatine wants Anakin to believe). Palpatine thus decides to "mentor" Anakin in the arts of diplomacy and being a Jedi behind Obi Wan's back.

5. Plaristes

Plaristes Jedi Master star 3

Jul 2, 2007
    Wild Space mentioned Siri Tachi, and I think Xanatos as well, both of whom are characters from these series.

6. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    I really enjoyed the final two books of JQ so you should read 'em if you can.

7. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    I enjoyed Jedi Apprentice more than Jedi Quest. Jedi Quest just seemed like a rehash of Jedi Apprentice. But I agree, the two series are better than some of the full-scale EU books out there.

8. Valin__Kenobi

Valin__Kenobi Author: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Praji star 4 VIP

Mar 30, 2004
    Well not really ... it was a random extra that was retroactively identified as a JA character. Not the same as, say, Aayla Secura, or even Vos whose cameo was cut.

9. Darth_Photon

Darth_Photon Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2009
    Thanks all. I will maybe check out the last two in the series if I have a chance... from what I remember, I liked JA > JQ as well. I remember that the JA book: The Dark Rival was the very first SW book that I read and was what got me into the series.

Omega sounds like quite the interesting character; he's Xanatos' son, right?

10. ImpKnight

ImpKnight Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2008

Well........who was it?

11. purpilian

purpilian Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2005
    I am pretty sure they are referring to Olana Chion, as I believe she was rescued by Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan, and she is in ROTS. But don't quote me on this...

12. Valin__Kenobi

Valin__Kenobi Author: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Praji star 4 VIP

Mar 30, 2004
    Yep, through the "What's the Story?" feature, a ROTS extra played by Dominique Chionchio was identified as O-Lana from The Fight For Truth and given that last name.

See http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/olanachion/index.html

13. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I've read a few of these books and like them all, YA or not.:)

14. Jek_Windu

Jek_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 26, 2003
    JA was extremely good, and really gave an insightful foundation to Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan's relationship. If you look at them chronologically they make TPM much, much better. JQ, on the other hand, was hampered by the fact that Watson couldn't bring herself to give Anakin a fair shake as a character.

15. ImpKnight

ImpKnight Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2008
    Yes. Especially when Qui-Gon defends Obi-Wan to the council.-"Headstrong....and he has much to learn about the living Force, but he is capabe. There is little more he will learn from me."

16. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005
    Bah. See http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Olana_Chion. Is much better. :p

17. goraq

goraq Jedi Youngling star 4

May 15, 2008
    I wrelly hope some of the planets firstly shown there are going too apear in the clone wars series.

I wreally wanna see Bandomeer.

18. StateOfLoveAndTrust

StateOfLoveAndTrust Jedi Master star 2

Nov 2, 2001
    Well we've already seen Vanqor from JQ 7 in Dooku Captured.

19. goraq

goraq Jedi Youngling star 4

May 15, 2008
    Not too much of it,but i am happy about that much.

whostheBossk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.