main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Jedi Arts Banned at the Beginning of ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by StarWarren, Dec 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarWarren

StarWarren Jedi Master

Jun 28, 2003
    I always assumed that the new Jedi Order headed by Luke Skywalker would play an important role in the sequel trilogy.

But, what if Luke Skywalker chooses not to re-establish the Jedi Order? And chooses, instead, to marry and raise a family. This seemed like a ridiculous notion at first, but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense. Wouldn't Anakin, Yoda, and Obi-wan advise Luke to hang up the Jedi robe and let the Jedi arts die with him, rather than risk its corruption? And wouldn't the re-established Galactic Senate of the New Republic resist the idea of re-establishing the Jedi Order that helped - although unintentionally - bring about the Empire? Wouldn't it make sense for the New Republic to ban the Jedi arts altogether so that it doesn't fall into the wrong hands again?

I think it's just too early to assume that there is a new Jedi Order at the beginning of the ST.

2. StarWarren

StarWarren Jedi Master

Jun 28, 2003
    Sorry mods, but I just noticed an existing thread on this. Please lock. Thanks.

3. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    I don't think the Jedi Arts would be banned once the Republic was re-established, however, Luke might not want to include them in official capacity with the Republic. You have to remember that the very same systems that made up the Empire, also made up the Republic. They were duped and oppressed by Sidious. They will learn the truth that the Jedi did not try to take over, however, some might still hold doubt.

"Pass on what you have learned" pretty much tells you that Yoda and company would not want Luke to lets the Jedi Arts die with Luke.

4. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    Was thinking about this too, Though not the part of Luke letting it die.
    I could see the government being Anti-Jedi, Forcing Luke to establish the Jedi order in secrecy.
    The Jedi watch for trouble from the shadows, Almost like a Batman type of thing.

Dra--- likes this.
  5. StarWarren

StarWarren Jedi Master

Jun 28, 2003
    I think it would be cool to find Luke and his family living on some remote planet before Chancellor Calrissian sends a secret envoy requesting the help of his old Jedi friend.

6. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yeah, this could probably go in the "Luke Skywalker's New (or Old) Jedi Order?" thread. Locking.

Dra--- likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.