main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Jedi Avengers Game V2.0 (Sign-ups in Progress)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by NJOfan215, Apr 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    A new sith lord, Darth Blight has unleashed his new apprentice, set harth, and a dozen other dark jedi upon the galexy. These dark jedi are starting to recruit other force users to help them out. In an atempt to rebalance it self the force has reincarnated several jedi from many different time periods to help stop the evil sith and the dark jedi.

The rules are simple pick 10 jedi to make up you avengers team. Include a few sentances about why you've chosen each jedi. The challenge is to create a powerful well rounded group of jedi that can handle any situation that they encounter. Each week a new encounter will be posted. A group of judges consisting of myself, Genghis, and one other person will choose the top 3 to 5 teams (depending on the number of participants), and award points to them. At the end of 6 weeks who ever has the most points wins.

Note: Be sure to consider things like leadership, loyalty, investigative skills, piloting ability, saber skills, force power, experiance, and any other traits thay you think are relivent. The enounters won't all be straight up fighting.

2. crestfallen

crestfallen Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2003
    I pick
    Kyp
    Ulic
    Wurth
    Tot Doneeta
    Kit
    Aayla
    Quinlan
    Nomi
    Thon
    and Arca because I like them and they are badass.

3. GodlikeEnigma

GodlikeEnigma Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2005
    I Pick:
    Anakin,
    Luke,
    Revan,
    Kyp,
    Mace,
    Kyle,
    Plo Koon,
    Bastilla,
    Obi-Wan,
    Mara Jade

HaHa noone small and green!
    Fight the Power, or to a much lesser extent YODA

4. LordJoda-181

LordJoda-181 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2004
    1. Yoda- he's mean, he's green, and his frogger style combat, wise words, and wise cracks make him a great leader.

2. Kam Solusar- Jedi, Dark Jedi, Jedi again. he's a leader, teacher, combatant, and all around cool guy.

3. Kenth Hamner- Master, Tactician, Veteran, and council member make him a force to be reckoned with.

4. Vergere- If she's the Turkey of Star Wars, the Force is her stuffing. Packed with more tricks of the trade and knowledge than most other Jedi, she fills the necessary wild card slot easily.

5. Odan-Urr- A Jedi from a simpler time, he was one the best swordsman, and an incredible thinker, truly another must have on the team

6. Jacen Solo- Niether light nor dark, Good nor Bad, he is the poster child for the term Uber-Jedi.

7. Jaden Kor- One of the fastest progessing knights in Luke's order, he was an incredible combatant, keeping on par (Or besting if you beat the game evily) the Praxeums combat instructor, Kyle Katarn.

8. Tyvokka- A Force assisted Wookie Rage, how can you beat that? plus his stint on the council speaks highly of him.

9. Ganner Ryshode- A rouge-like Jedi with dashing scar. "The Ganner" will stand to any threat and issue the command "None shall pass."

10. Tesar Sabatyne- Fighter, Flyboy, Lizard. His Forked tounge and scaled tail can help the team get out of almost any jam.

5. NJOfan215

May 17, 2003
    All right guys, thanks for deciding to play. The picks are pretty intereting. I'm going to wait a few days to see if more people are interested before we start.

6. JediCallista_1_6_e54

JediCallista_1_6_e54 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    Obi-Wan Kenobi: Because he is calm and smart.
    Yoda- Wise, strong in the Force
    Mace Windu- Good fighter
    Kenth Hammer- Great tactical person
    Jaina Solo- Great pilot, leader
    Arca Jeth- Has mastered Jedi Battle Meditiation
    Bariss Ofee- Master Healer
    Ulic Qel-Drama- Skilled Jedi, knows fo the darkside
    Anakin Solo- Strong in the Force, will sacrifice his life for the team.
    Saba Sabytyne- Strong barabel

7. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    GodlikeEnigma...
    Luke's father or nephew?

8. ShaakTi

ShaakTi Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2004
    I pick:

1. Mace Windu- Nothing beats the Master of Vaapaad.

2. Shaak Ti-She can block lightsaber blows with Force Barriers.

3. Yaddle-She's cute :)

4. Saesee Tinn-One of the best pilots in the order.

5. Yarael Poof- He has 4 arms and therefore can use 4 lightsabers at once.

6. Bariss Offee- She can use the force to heal others.

7. Ki-Adi Mundi- Smart, and was on the Jedi Council as a main member as only a Jedi Knight.

8. Corran Horn- Didn't he use the force to move a solar system once?

9. Jaina Solo- Great mechanic and pilot, as well as Granddaughter of Anakin Skywalker, which must count for something.

10. Quinlan Vos- Dreadlocks=awesome, plus he's the only Jedi from that era (excluding Anakin) that got some.

9. JediJSolo

JediJSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    1. Yoda: Depth in the Force, general wisdom, and precognition. He?s not a bad fighter, either.

2. Jaina Solo: Piloting, and fighting skill.

3. Jacen Solo: Depth in the Force, fighting skill, and political understanding and aptitude for such debate.

4.Anakin Solo: Raw Force strength, and self-sacrificing nature

5. Tenel Ka: Fighting skill (aptitude with practically any weapon), and general political pull due to her Queen Mother status.

6. Lowbacca: Wookie Jedi.

7. Corran: Piloting, energy absorption, and mind manipulation.

8.Kyp: Raw power, piloting, and mind manipulation.

9. Luke: Jack of all (and best of most) trades Jedi.

10. Tionne: Jedi historian, and teacher.

10. NJOfan215

May 17, 2003
    All right guys. I'm still waiting to hear back from the fianle judge, but i', hoping to get this show on the road early next week.

11. NJOfan215

May 17, 2003
    still waiting to hear on the judge.

12. TheProphetOfSullust

TheProphetOfSullust Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 10, 2003
    My pick:

Kyle Katarn -- combat skills
    Jaina Solo -- pilot
    Corran Horn -- pilot, mind powers
    Qui-Gon Jinn -- experience/intelligence
    Luke Skywalker -- leadership
    Obi-Wan Kenobi -- combat/intelligence
    Kit Fisto -- very good fighter,
    Jacen Solo -- deepest understanding of the Force, has a twin bond with Jaina
    Cilghal -- healer
    Mara Jade Skywalker -- has many non-Jedi skills

13. LordJoda-181

Mar 8, 2004
    I think my team's the most original, 7 are only used by me, and I was the first for the other 3. does that mean I win [face_dancing]

14. NJOfan215

May 17, 2003
    i think we're going to have a pretty decent game goign here.

15. GodlikeEnigma

GodlikeEnigma Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2005
  16. NJOfan215

May 17, 2003
    ok i've decided to screw the third judge. In a figuritive way, since he is a guy and i only screw girls, but the main point of this post is that tomarow, if i'm not to hung over i will star our first thingie

17. effortless_skill

effortless_skill Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Mace-- the best jedi fighter ever.
    Yoda --the green mean machine
    Anakin--the chosen one
    Shaak Ti---did her thing in the CWC.
    Obi wan---The man
    Agen Kolar---a true warrior who is immune to pain
    Jacen Solo---Next in line to to head the order.
    Anakin Solo---super child prodigy
    Plo Kloon---eletric judgement
    Luke---the chosen one's son.

18. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Luke and Anakin Skywalker: Two excellent pilots, warriors, and Force users, with a deep connection. Plus Luke can control Anakin :)
    Kyle Katarn: Combat oriented Jedi with skills in stealth intrusion as a former Katarn Commando and mercenary. Military advisor and backup pilot. PLus he gets on better with people than Mara does.
    Barris: Capable warrior, also extremely experience healer.
    Revan: Tactics expert; any large scale battles that need to be done, he/she was the master. Also extremely powerful and capable of opening up a can of whoopass, thus picked over Keyan or Kenth.
    Corran Horn: Jedi Mind Trick superhero and excellent pilot also. Also experienced at undercover work and detective abilities. Partner with Kyle for any stealthy stuff necessary.
    Nomi Sunrider: Battle meditation expert. Ability to turn the tide if this team is in trouble (unlikely). Also a capable fighter.

This team doesn't need more warriors or pilots, so-
    Lowbacca and Jaina - great pilots themselves, but they're here for their technical skills. They can keep the equipment going.

Last two- advisors:
    Yoda and Odan-Urr: two of the wisest Jedi of all time, with abilities in everything. Bring experience rather than power to the table, since that's amply covered elsewhere.

19. LordJoda-181

Mar 8, 2004
    Uhh Marcus you have 11 players. You need to get rid of one. I'd suggest Odan-Urr cause I wanna be the only who picks him. :p

20. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Pfft. I'd rather drop Yoda. Odan-Urr presided over a better era for the Jedi, besides which he wrote the Jedi Code :)

Team covers flying, fighting, stealth, mechanics, and Revan can probably cover diplomacy, what with his incredible charisma.

21. NJOfan215

May 17, 2003
    Ok i've never really done anyhing like this before, so this is as much of an experiemnt for me as it is for you guys. This first encounter isn't that spectacular, but it'll be a good way to show every one how the game will work.

space is a dark place; an infinite sheet of blackness sprinkled with small pin pricks of light. A team of jedi heroes fly through the darkness. The jedi are on their way to the planet Frisben. It is rumored to be the location of a secret dark jedi training facility. As the jedi close in on the planet, their astromech doids report enemy fighter are being launched from one of frisben's four moons. The enemy fighers streak toward the jedi on an attack vector. The jedi fighters increase their speed and meet them head on.

This encounter will be judged on your teams piloting ability. Genghis and i will assign points on 1 to 5 point scale. The best team gets five points, the second best gets four and so on.

22. LordJoda-181

Mar 8, 2004
    Crap. I knew I should have picked better Pilots, my guys are more a blend of Force tricks, Fighters, diplomats, leaders, and Butt kickers.

Oh well Here are my Explainations as to why my team Should win.

Yoda I think is actually a surprisingly good pilot. Look at AoTC he flies around in that little frisbee thing. :p
    Kam SolusarI really cant think of any reason why Kam would be a real assest in a space fight.
    Kenth Hamner While he might not be a notable pilot, he was a military trained Strategest. He could kinda do Like piggy in Wraith Squadron. Analyze Attack patterns and stuff
    Vergerethough the only time we ever she her in a fighter she crashes it, I still think she would have some sort of natural ability with navigation. She is a bird afterall. plus her extrodinary use of force powers could be used as a defensive mechanism against the enemy.
    Odan-Urr like Vergere, Odan has some pretty good tricks of the force, maybe a defense weapon.
    Jacen Solo Although he was the least talented solo child when it came to flying, he still was a solo Child. He was piloting the Falcon into danger as a kid (Corellia Trilogy) plus he has the extrodinary gift of the Mind meld which works wonders among dogfights.
    Jaden Kor Well he's pretty good on the Stick, We see him able to handle himself very well on a speeder (Granted its not in space) plus he owns a Z-95 headhunter.
    Tyvokka Wookiees are Generally known for being good pilots.
    Ganner Ryshode Not much to add here.
    Tesar Sebatyne The real pilot of the group. He has loads of Experience flying against the Vong, and IIRC he was the only member of twin suns to survive the battle of Ebaq9 without a scratch.

23. NJOfan215

May 17, 2003
    sweet!

If you guys want to add more info like lord yoda did that's great, but it's not required, as long as you gave good info in your first post.

24. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    A good opener. While simple in presentation, one cannot ignore the fundamentals of Jedi field skills.

25. JediJSolo

JediJSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    My team, and how their specific skills apply to the situation:

Luke: Of course, he is one of best pilots in the galaxy. As are Jaina, Corran, and even Kyp (to a lesser extent, perhaps).

Anakin Solo and Jacen Solo: They were nearly equal in VP, and even if they hadn?t improved at all since then (and I believe they have improved), they nevertheless demonstrated superior piloting skills (not on the level of Luke or Jaina, but certainly well above the average pilot).

Lowbacca: He has demonstrated himself to be a fully capable and good combat pilot, having flown in many Vong snub-fighter engagements and coming out largely unscathed.

Tenel Ka: though never demonstrating superior piloting abilities, she has been described as a fully capable pilot, and all ships she has piloted have been specially designed for her single hand.

Yoda: he has sufficient depth in the Force to sit back and maintain the Force meld between pilots, and allow Jacen (who would have likely done the meld otherwise) to focus primarily on the fight.

I grant that Tionne is likely going to be dead weight. She has never demonstrated any piloting ability that I know of, but I believe that the high level of coordination provided by the meld?if not the sheer skill of the other pilots?should be sufficient to protect her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.