The Jedi Bard - Looking for singers/musicians of any kind

Discussion in 'Fan Audio' started by To_Mega_Therion, Jul 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. To_Mega_Therion Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hi,

Here's the thing, I am at the moment in the writing stages of an epic Star Wars tale told through the songs of a Jedi Bard. Right now, I am absolutely skint (that means poor to you americans :D), and have no kind of music making software. Grrr. But I am planning on getting the software needed, etc, as soon as my associates over on another forum get back to me on the best (priced :p) software out there.

But my main problem is, I cannot sing, nor can I play anything but guitar and bass and keyboard!

My main reason for being here is to ask if anyone out there would be at all interested in taking on the roles of various characters, there will be speaking parts as well as singing parts, and I'm sure there will be room for anyone who wants to have a go. Problem is, I'm not sure of the best way to do it, but I guess it shouldn't be too much trouble to write basic midi files of the songs that you can sing along to, and then record your voice track on.(?)

Also, anybody out there musically minded and feels they can somehow contribute (maybe put a solo or keyboard piece, or even write your own song!) just shout up. I really want to do this, but again, I don't really knwo the best way to go about such a project... :(

Anyway, the music currently written (but not recorded obviously) is very much in the style of Blackmore's Night, and Blind Guardian. Basically, very medieval sounding.

Please give me your thoughts. Thanks.

2. Genimay Jedi Master

star 4
    Hi! I can play fulte and sing but may need step by step instutions in how to get trackes to you.
  3. JOEYT5 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I play drums, some guitar and keys, I sing, rap, can do many SW sound effects and characters with my voice. Let me know if I can contribute!
  4. _Vengeance_ Jedi Master

star 4
    Mmmm... Blind Guardian.

As for how to go about it, doing the midi thing is probably going to be your best bet. For both of the musicals I was in that's how they started us out: by singing along with the piano at rehearsals, and singing along with a midi tape at home.

Anywho, I can sing pretty well, play the clarinet and hammer dulcimer, and have a few credits to my name in the means of voice acting. So, if you still need some folks, go ahead and send a PM my way and I can whip up an audition recording or some such for you :)
  5. To_Mega_Therion Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well, it seems it will all cost way more money than I had originally anticipated. :( It's a shame really, because I got so much written and was really looking forward to the attempt at getting it all put together. I had finally decided to scrap the idea of singers, except perhaps on a few pieces, and just have it musical probbaly with a narrator. I guess all I would need was a decent MIDI program for that? And then if anyone willing to help (thanks so much to you guys above who have offered) has the software required to record their instruments, (and I guess they'd need software to be able to read the music written) it would all be ok? Hmmm.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.