main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gd Rapids, MI The Jedi Cantina: a place to chat and get to know each other

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Dark_Jedi_Kam, Jan 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    Well, Deak...actually, no. :p Yeah I suppose. ;)

I have been dealing with DRL a lot lately. That is my explanation for not being here recently.

2. Mistryl

Mistryl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2003
    Hey, I just got online again after absence of who knows how long so looks like I'm here

3. DarthBane420

DarthBane420 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 13, 2003
    Well I know one thing, it was cold and greezy this morning on the roads.
    I would argue that next to minnesota, Michigan get's the worst weather, although I have heard Washington state is worse.

4. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    It think we get the worst because of all those lake effect weathers and stuff. I mean, if you don't count all those hurricanes, twisters, avalanches, floods, ect ect... :p

5. DarthPhelps

DarthPhelps Jedi Master star 5

Jan 31, 2002
    Don't forget the poor folks in Buffalo, NY.

They get dumped on quite a bit, too. I'm not sure if it's worse than western Michigan, but one tends to hear sob stories from Buffalo alot.

6. Count_Scoobith

Count_Scoobith Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Hello, Everyone
    This is a nice looking Jedi Cantina. I'm looking to join the FanForce in GR. What or where and how do I do that? What do you guys really do? Do you guys have any meetings setup yet?
    Thanks,
    Count Scoobith

7. pretender

pretender Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2001
    So far nothings been set up yet, I'm new too. BultarSwan is kinda in charge of the GR fanforce,so you can always Private Message her.

If you have any ideas feel free to share them :)

8. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Yes, pleeeease share any and all ideas you might have. They are all welcome. :)

9. Mistryl

Mistryl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2003
    ahrgh, I can only get on once a week because that's my only free time

10. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    That's easy to fix...drop a class or two. :p ;)

11. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    *Walks on in, wipes away the cobwebs and gets out drinks and whatnot*

it's about time this place opened back up!

12. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
    cool, can i fix you a Jawa Juice??

so i'm really excited cause I'm going to go pick up my new Bass in 2 days!!!!!

13. rvqavalon

rvqavalon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 24, 2002
    I'll take a blue milk, please.

Awesome, Kam! I bet that'll be great. I just got my desktop back up & running after having floor installed in my bedroom, so I'm kind of happy. I have my normal music back & everything!

14. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    one blue milk coming up.

yeha I'm excited cause my ex-wife pawned my last bass why I was at Marine Boot Camp back in 95. and to add to it I found a website today that you could print of free sheet music, so I got alot of song for practiceing now. they didn't have the bass lines for any of Evanescence's songs though. I can't find those anywhere!!! But I am getting the piano score for Evanescence's My Immortal, so that's atleast something

15. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Sweetness, Kam! :) What website did you find the sheet music at?

16. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    It's called Fretplay.com I am picking up my bass tonight after work. I am sooooo excited, I can't wait to be able to start jamming, even if it's just by myself for now. My sheet music for the piano for Evanescence's My Immortal will arrive on Weds!!!! it's just such a glorious week!

17. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    anybody going to C3

18. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    I want to be going to C3, but seeing as I'm getting out of the military 1 month before it and moving to Grand Rapids, I don't know if I'll have the money or time off for it

19. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    While I would absolutely LOVE to, if I recall correctly, I'll still be in school. Otherwise I'd hitch a ride with the JKoC and have a ball. But I don't think my professors will see the importance of Star Wars the same way I do. :(

20. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I was at C2, and had a great time, so I'm going to try to make it to C3. I'm just not positive where I'll be living then, and whether or not I can get the time off of work.

21. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    responding to query regarding attending cIII - i have my room reserved but awaiting OS and hyperspace to combine admissions with room as it is rumored to be a much cheaper rate

22. DarthPhelps

Jan 31, 2002
    Don't be a wuss, Jeff. Just tell your management that you need a day or two off that month. We're quite expendable, and there are enough peons to cover work, and spread blame around.

23. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    That's true. I don't expect it to be a problem. However, I'll be in the middle of my thesis project then, and it is somewhat possible that someone would schedule a meeting or something without consulting me first. Then again, since I should be working independently on research and stuff, it might be easier to get days off.

24. DarthPhelps

Jan 31, 2002
    it is somewhat possible that someone would schedule a meeting or something without consulting me first

Oh, no. That never happens. :rolleyes:

25. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    I don't know if I'll be able to make it to C III. :( Money might be an issue as would getting there. If someone gave me a ride, I probably could. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.