main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The "Jedi" comics series. . .

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TLONMASTER, Jul 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TLONMASTER

TLONMASTER Jedi Youngling

Jun 26, 2004
    I read all of the current "Jedi" comics out. (Aayla, Dooku, Yoda, etc.) and I was wondering if there were any other one-shots slated for release, or at least rumored. Unless I missed them on a list, Dark Horse doesn't have them listed.

I mean, where's a Quinlan Vos, Obi-Wan, Anakin, and my second, third, and fourth Yoda ones? :p

There are plenty of other Jedi I think they should explore. I mean, everybody has something going on in the Clone Wars.

I didn't fully understand why Dooku was in the Jedi series, as he's no longer a Jedi. I originally assumed the story would be about his younger days. Oh well.

2. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Honestly I believe they have devoted alittle too much time to other Jedi. A Barris Offee one may or may not yet be in production but Vos, Anakin, and Obi Wan have the Republic series to themselves pretty much.

Personally I would just as soon have NUTTIN BUT ANAKIN

3. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    I wouldn't mind seeing a baris comic

4. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    The Jedi are wimps enough as it is; Offee isn't quite interesting.

And it's a treat to see recurring characters throughout the Ongoing/Republic series. People like Mundi, Hett, Dark Woman, Grahk, Vos, Secura, Sing and Tholme.

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    No known plans for further Jedi titles, but that doesn't preclude there being any more (Jedi Yoda was added onto the original 4 issue run, afterall).

>>A Barris Offee one may or may not yet be in production<<

At one point, when they considered Jedi going past the 4 issues (and before John and Jan went back to Republic full-time), John had suggested the possibility of Jedi #5 being Barriss Offee, but this was dropped.

However, what was the original concept for Jedi: Barriss Offee eventually became the Show of Force issues in Republic, though it was determined the basic plot fit other characters like Mace better.

6. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Oho, Quest? So that's what happened to it!

JB

7. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    I hope the series continues, I really like them.

I'm seriously hoping for Jedi: Kit Fisto, and I wouldn't mind seeing Jedi: Plo Koon either.

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    It'd be really great to have Plo Koon get one- even though he had a nice sized role in Stark Hyperspace War and has popped up a couple times in Republic, I always get the feeling he's been underused/underdeveloped for the most part.

By contrast, I think Kit feels more devloped between his various Republic appearances, Cestus Deception and the cartoon, so he might not need a whole issue of Jedi.

So, either Plo Koon or "The Nubian Guy" himself, Roth-Del Masona ;)

9. wilco

wilco Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2000
    I would love to see more of these especially Plo Koon. :)

10. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Maybe someone should see if Jan would grace this thread with their pressence.

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    She's probably on her way back from Comic-Con. It wouldn;t be up to her or John though, it's up to DHC to make more Jedi issues.

12. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    But wouldn't she know if DH is kicking around the idea, perhaps even more than just allowing it to be an idea, rather hammering out some of the basics?

13. jfostrander

jfostrander Writer: -Legacy -Republic/Jedi/Purge star 4 VIP

Jul 16, 2001
    I'm not Jan but will I do? I know of no current plans to continue the JEDI series at the moment. Doesn't preclude that it could happen at some point but i'm just not aware of it. Jan and I, to be honest, are happier with the monthly book. Easier for us to weave our various plots together and we're not mandated to one length of story that, by its nature, needs to be stand alone.

-- John

14. Nrin

Nrin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2003
    I started a thread similar on the DH boards.

Personally I'd love to see some backstory to the Jedi and Sith.

Showing us backstory to Windu and Yoda, and how they became so respected, and also showing us Jedi over the previous 1000 years, previous council members, great Jedi legends et all. Really establishing why the Jedi are so highly respected.

Seeing some Sith backstory would be great, previous Sith masters, disputes they have manipulated, Jedi they have killed (remember, they were plotting for 1000 years up until TPM).

I'd also love to see a Jedi: Neeja Halcyon, showing his last few days and final battle, would love to see John and Jan sink their teeth into that one.

15. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Problem with that is, all of the "Jedi" specials to date have focused on characters who've appeared onscreen in the films -- even Aayla.

As Randy put it, a movie character with two seconds of screentime like BoShek commands far more fandom interest and sales than some obscure Jedi from a novel.

16. MikeSolo

MikeSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    "The Jedi are wimps enough as it is; Offee isn't quite interesting."

I agree with you there, that's why I think the one of the Jedi Comics should be on The Dark Woman. I think she is more interesting and might clear that wimpy image the Jedi are getting.

17. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    My agreement with you knows no bounds there. But the problem with that is, the Dark Woman's arc with Aurra Sing was concluded in Heatstorm. And while I wonder why she had a blue saber when all other comics show with purple, she's still an intriguing character.

But I'll never understand why this BoShek nobody is so fascinating with fans! Maybe I should reread his anthology book story, was it the Mos Eisely one? Oronically enough, I came across the eptimology of bo shek just the other day. What did it mean again?

18. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    BoShek was indeed in the cantina tales... he is the smuggler who receives a little advice from obi-wan before pointing out chewbacca as an available lift for the jedi, the boy, two droids, and no questions.

"You see a faded sign by the side of the road,
    it says fifteen miles to the BoShek.
    BoShek, baby, BoShek!" --The B-52s

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.