main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Jedi Council DID Insult Anakin By not Making him a Master....

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by obiwankoti, Sep 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DUGGY

DUGGY Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 23, 2005
    That's what I have been trying to say. Anakin doesn't want to mourn Padme at all. So hearing Yoda say it's ok to mourn is the same thing as hearing him say don't mourn. Anakin doesn't want to mourn or grieve - he wants to control life and death

he wants to control People and situations because he is afraid to lose them . it goes back to his Mothers death , and those dreams. you are cold and callous towards these facts. just as the Jedi were. i'm sure their advice after they found out about his Mother was " get over it "
    well guess what he can't . i guess that alone makes him all Evil. they are neglegent with the First Jedi ever to be trained so late in childhood. it WAS a unique situation . you won't recognize that. you think he should sink or swim, well guess what he sunk, and he capsized the Boat as well. maybe if they threw him a lifeline , instead of the same old Dogma, they all would have faired better. he did not have to turn. he was turned. there is a huge difference. you don't like him cause you saw the OT first and you can't see the developement of his issues. you just want the Jedi to tell him to sit down and shut up , because it PLEASES you.

2. EwokThatKilled

EwokThatKilled Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2005
    You are so out of line, DUGGY. I suggest you correct your tone with me.

"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering."

Anakin followed his fear. He was not turned by anyone, he made a choice.

His mother tried explaining...
    Qui-Gon tried explaining...
    Obi-Wan tried explaining...
    Yoda tried explaining...
    Padme tried explaining...

They all had different styles and approaches. None of them could get through to Anakin, but not because he was stupid. He just didn't like their advice and solutions. He followed his passions and he fell to darkness. He made a conscious choice.

3. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    Lol! Who do you think you are, Darth Sidious?
    "Are you threatening me, Master Jedi?"
    Whoa there tough guy!
    :p

4. DUGGY

Apr 23, 2005
    i call it like i read it. you come off cold to me. i come off ignorant and naive to you, you don't think i feel that?

5. THEFORCEROCKS

THEFORCEROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 2004
    he wants to control People and situations because he is afraid to lose them .

Duggy and that is what Lucas is trying to say you cant. Live for now, No Jedi is powerful enough to stop death. What does Padme say time and time again Duggy? In the novel she says "You need no more power to save me, I believe you can save me as you are." Who saves Luke Duggy in Rotj. Again Padme says on Mustafar. "Anakin all I want is your love." What saves Anakin in ROtj Duggy?

it goes back to his Mothers death , and those dreams. you are cold and callous towards these facts. just as the Jedi were. i'm sure their advice after they found out about his Mother was " get over it "

No not get over it but accept the fact that these things happen and even if his mother died a natural death on Jedi is strong enough to stop that Duggy.

well guess what he can't . i guess that alone makes him all Evil.
    No it doesnt make him evil but continously doing the same thing like murdering people because he thinks it will save Padme does not work Duggy. Does not work the first time with the Tusken raiders and it does not work on Mustafar. He will get one last chance to set it right in ROTJ.

they are neglegent with the First Jedi ever to be trained so late in childhood. it WAS a unique situation . you won't recognize that. you think he should sink or swim, well guess what he sunk, and he capsized the Boat as well.

Only because he chose to duggy, choices. Just like he chooses to save the boat in ROTJ. The truth was in his face on Mustafar DUggy no Jedi had to tell him that. What does Padme say Duggy what is the key Duggy?

maybe if they threw him a lifeline , instead of the same old Dogma, they all would have faired better.

Whose to say they didnt but throwing him a lifeline is not what Anakin wants he wants to stop death no jedi throwing a lifeline can help that situation.sorry my friend

he did not have to turn. he was turned. there is a huge difference.
    By who Duggy? and you are right he did not have to turn had he listened to everybody that was trying to steer him on the right path ."Hear nothing that I say."

you don't like him cause you saw the OT first and you can't see the developement of his issues. you just want the Jedi to tell him to sit down and shut up , because it PLEASES you.

The Jedi do not tell him this you are reaching Duggy and no what does a bunch of fictious characters have to do with ewok that killed?

6. rhondeboo

rhondeboo Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2005
    Quit bickering, folks. Talk about the topic, not each other. You guys know this.

7. DUGGY

Apr 23, 2005
    The Jedi do not tell him this you are reaching Duggy and no what does a bunch of fictious characters have to do with ewok that killed?

that has been Ewoks main argument from page one. Anakin is a brat , he should shut his mouth, he is insolent. all he does is Hack on and blame Anakin for all of it. that's what it has to do with him. he is behaving and talking down like he knows it all. i don't . i concede and give ground lots, and YOU know that. he is stubborn . and he can't put what he already knows aside , and be objective, he knows Anakin does all those things later on so , he is wrong all through the Pt because of it. i apologize if that offends him , but he has offended me in his way,countless times, and i have said nothing. it's not that big a deal.

8. rhondeboo

rhondeboo Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2005
    Your opinion on the matter means just as much as Ewok's. You don't even have to pay attention to his posts, if you don't want to. He's not an expert on Star Wars, or even Anakin. I want both of you, all of you, to back down, though, and discuss the topic. Try to be respectful of each other's opinions, please. Anymore of this stuff and it'll be baiting.

9. DUGGY

Apr 23, 2005
    i apologize Ewok. [face_peace] i get emotinal at times too. just like little Ani, but i know better. no hard feelings.

10. TheCRZA

TheCRZA Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2005
    Whose to say they didnt but throwing him a lifeline is not what Anakin wants he wants to stop death no jedi throwing a lifeline can help that situation.sorry my friend

And yet the Jedi, who denounce attachment and hanging on to life, are rewarded
    by bein able to allow their identities live on through the force
    and commune with those with whom they are attached?
    It's all a bit contradictory.

11. THEFORCEROCKS

THEFORCEROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 2004
    And yet the Jedi, who denounce attachment and hanging on to life, are rewarded
    by bein able to allow their identities live on through the force
    and commune with those with whom they are attached?
    It's all a bit contradictory.

Thats through detachments not attachments. If they were attached theyd be like the SIth trying to hold onto life, in the physical realm,afraid to die. I dont think Lucas meant that Crza.

12. TheCRZA

May 29, 2005
    Meant?

I don't think any of us can with any veracity speak as to
    what GL meant. We have only what he shows us on film.

And what we have is the Jedi being rewarded with eternal life
    and the ability to commune with those with whom they were attached.

De-tached? So Qui Gon Jinn, Yoda, Obi Wan, Anakin and Luke are all detached?
    There is no unifying, underlying attachment between them?

13. yoshifett

Apr 17, 2004
    haha, that's an amusing paradox I hadn't yet pondered. Once again, you can count on CRZA to bring the wisdom and insight!

Yeah, it's an interesting thought, particularly since we're not even sure about what specifically happens during the transition from the world of the living to the world of the force ghosts. Strange, really.

It's strange that some Jedi that join the force, namely Obi-Wan and Yoda, disappear, and others, namely Qui-gon and Anakin, don't. I wonder why that is? Is it becase the former "become one with the force" through their own volition (Obi-Wan disappear as he's about to be struck down by Vader and Yoda just dies), where as the later are either killed in combat, Qui-Gon, or, like Anakin, slowly die as a result of a life-support suit failure? I have no idea.

14. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Actually, Anakin disappears, according to GL.

15. thechozn1

thechozn1 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2005
    According to Gable's eyes, there's still something in that suit :p

16. TheCRZA

May 29, 2005
    Sure there are. Robot parts. Lots and lots of Robot parts.
    They should have refitted Threepio with the leftover parts
    of his maker.

17. yoshifett

Apr 17, 2004
    Wow, so at some point that we don't see on screen, Anakin disappears? What's up with Qui-Gon then?

18. thechozn1

thechozn1 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2005
    He didn't know how to retain his form. Just his consciousness and identity

19. yoshifett

Apr 17, 2004
    Right, and that's why he's not a ghost. I should know this sith.

20. EwokThatKilled

EwokThatKilled Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2005
    It's a pretty important principle.

When you deny yourself you are rewarded in the end. When you lose yourself, you find yourself.

Relationships are not automatic attachments. Lucas defines attachment as a negative thing - like possessive love. When the Jedi achieve enlightenment, they are able to retain their identity through the Force. Lucas leaves the details a mystery, but the underlying principle is compassion - total selflessness. That's how they retain their identity.

21. DUGGY

Apr 23, 2005
    [image=http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d95/tk0791/mace.jpg]

Why won't Anakin just sit down and shut up? insolent brat.

22. yoshifett

Apr 17, 2004
    Mace looks very serious and contemplative in that picture. He's thinking about the sweetness that he calls "Vaapad"

23. TheCRZA

May 29, 2005
    I was thinking he looks like he could use a big kahuna burger
    chased by a sip of a tasty beverage

24. DUGGY

Apr 23, 2005
    Meow, and he is thinking about how well they have done with little Ani. and how comfortable it is to " Take a seat " meow

25. yoshifett

Apr 17, 2004
    Did you just saw meow? Anyway, it wasn't really Mace that insulted Anakin, though his attitude towards Anakin seemed a little cavalier, it was the council by asking him to do something completely un-jedilike: spy on the chancellor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.