main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Jedi Council Forums Fan Fiction Banner Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by rhonderoo, Nov 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    The Fan Fiction moderating team (Healer_Leona, VaderLVR64, JadeSolo and rhonderoo) has decided to begin a banner rotation scheme similar to the one used in the ROTS forum.

Banners may be submitted at any time, using this thread to post links to banners you have created. New banners will be added to the rotation based on a vote by the Fan Fic moderating team. Any ties will be broken by DarthSapient. We reserve the right to offer suggestions for changes before we agree on uploading a banner. If you'd like to submit banners for Before The Saga, The Saga, Beyond the Saga and The Classic Fan Fiction Forum feel free to put them here also.

For banner specifications, guidelines and tutorials, check out The Official Banner Makers' Thread and Grimby the Hutt's awesome banner guide.

Suggested Themes

<ul>
    <li>Ladies of SW (both EU and movies)</li>
    <li>Smugglers (Han, Lando, Talon Karrde, Booster Terrik, etc.)</li>
    <li>Imperial Characters (Chiss, OT imperials, comic, etc.)</li>
    <li>Rebel Characters (Mon Monthma, Bel Iblis, Dodanna, and the OT gang, of course)</li>
    <li>Clone Troopers and Commandos </li>
    <li>Jedi</li>
    <li>Sith </li>
    <li>OT </li>
    <li>PT</li>
    <li>Couples (Luke/Mara, Anakin/Padme, Han/Leia, etc.)</li>
    <li>Comics </li>
    <li>Writing </li>
    <li>Cantina/Outlander/Community type banners</li>
    </ul>

You may use also use this thread to submit requests for a specific banner in the rotation. The forum managers will rotate randomly, but frequently.

Also note, if your favorite couple, character, movie, whatever...is not made into a banner, we as moderators can't help that. The only way we can upload and rotate a banner is if a) it's created and b) it's done well enough to be considered for rotation.

Along with this, we realize there are different strokes for different folks. Meaning we don't anticipate having the most popular banner(s) up every day. So expect to see a variety. Including Shirtless Anakin. ;)

I know there are many talented designers out there, and we should have lots of fun with this!

Feel free to PM a forum moderator with any questions.

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Hey, you forgot the most important banner, a youngish shirtless Qui-Gon!!! Silly Roo. :p

Okay everyone, let's get making with those Quibanners!! :D :D ;)

3. IrishEyedJedi

IrishEyedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2005

Quick question for you regarding the couple banner. I remember you saying for the contest it couldn't be one couple it had to be several. Is that still the case or can we stick to one couple?

4. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Since we'll have plenty, one couple is fine.

A warning, though. We won't get into couple wars with 'ships. The only thing we ask is for you to stick to the Fan Fiction guidelines, and that means stick with what you CAN write. That means Jaina/Jag, Jaina/Kyp, Jaine/Zekk, Jacen/Tenel Ka, Jacen/Dani, etc. We aren't limiting that because that would only leave us with three couples, BUT we aren't going to get into there's Jaina/Jag banner and there isn't a Jaina/Kyp banner, or there's an Anakin/Barriss banner and there isn't an Anakin/Padme banner, etc, etc. We are going SOLELY on banner quality and if it is within Fan Fic guidelines. :)

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Shirtless Anakin, shirtless Obi-Wan, shirtless Qui-Gon, shirtless Yoda... HA HA! Just making sure you were paying attention! [face_laugh]

6. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    [face_worried]

Hey, don't forget about Shirtless Kit Fisto! :*

7. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    What were you saying earlier about wanting Shirtless Boss Nass, Jade? [face_thinking]

8. IrishEyedJedi

IrishEyedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2005

Is shirtless Palpatine taking it too far? [face_batting]

9. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    One word:

Yes.

[face_laugh]

10. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Way, way too far. Vadey shudders... [face_sick]

11. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    Cool, a banner thread. Can't wait to see what people come up with.

12. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Irish, that completely spoiled the image I had from the prvious posts... evil lady!!! ;) [face_laugh]

13. Jennifer_Lyn

Jennifer_Lyn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2005
  14. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Man JL you have some incredible talent with banner making! All of those were fantastic though I admit being biased to the two Qui-Gon ones too bad there's not a way for individual users to put their own banners up only for themselves :p So that everyone could see something different :D

Edit -- I expect to see the Qui-Gon banner up for both my birthday and Diane's next year! :D :p

15. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Jennifer, awesome banners. Qui #1 is very loverly. Makes my heart skip a beat and... best leave it at that. ;) :D [face_love]

The Obi one cracks me up!! The middler one just looks like a pose for some sassy magazine... PlayJedi perhaps?? [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Old Guys??? Not so old really and another stellar one.

16. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    That Obi-Wan banner... :* =P~ That PlayJedi picture is one of my favorites. [face_mischief]

The others are amazing, too! I like the Qui-Gon ones because they're...green...yeah, that's it. :p

17. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Admit it Jade you're warming to the big guy's form.... you can tell me. :D :D
    re

18. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Oooo, brilliant banners J_L!

I love the Qui #1 one... :D

19. KTfanfic

KTfanfic Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 16, 2005
    Good job on the banners Jennifer_Lyn! I especially like the obi-wan one! =D=

I was wondering, how do you get your banners to stay so clear? Every time I save anything in JPG format it gets that grainy look to it.

Thanks,
    ~KT

EDIT: Never mind, I figured out how to do it. Thanks anyway! :)

20. widow_skywalker

widow_skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2005
    I am really digging the Qui Gon ones... But Han on the "old guys"?

21. KTfanfic

KTfanfic Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 16, 2005
  22. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    It's gorgeous! [face_love] I love all the red. :D

Leona, you'll be pleased to know that I'm working on a Qui-Gon banner just for you. I can't promise it'll actually be any good, though. :p

23. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    To sort of quote from Pelly Welly's sick Palpatine fic:

Oh my Sweet Holy Darkside yes!

Edit: J_L, I don't know if it's my computer or what but I can't seem to see the links to your banners.

24. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Two banners, for Before and Beyond - I actually made both quite a while ago and my style has changed (not to mention new images being available, esp. in Beyond), but I think they're okay, and thought I'd submit them here for the moderators' consideration. :)

Before
    and Beyond

25. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Those are awesome!!! I'm going to see if Rave will start uploading soon. He's uploading our other banners for rotation in the next day or so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.