main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Jedi Council Forums Fan Fiction Banner Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by rhonderoo, Nov 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    That is such an awesome banner! :eek: I love it. :D [face_love]

2. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    I was tinkering, and ended up making a ByTS version:
    [image=http://hometown.aol.co.uk/Myfanwy%20R/CadeBannerTest/Main2.jpg]

Which do people prefer? Beyond or Resource? We have a lot of Resource banners - a Beyond one might get more use . . .

edited because I am teh bad at markups

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    IMO Beyond because, as you said, Resource has a ton.

4. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Most of the Era board banners are more generalized, but either way would be fine, IMHO. :cool:

5. TNPredsFan

TNPredsFan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
    Fantastic job, JediNemesis. =D=

6. Jinngerbread

Jinngerbread Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2007
    Can we get some more Before banners/stylesheets?

We had a couple that Zebra3 made that we never got to see in useage.

7. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Sure! All banners have to be uploaded by LAJ_FETT (the tech admin) and she needs links to the following elements before she can upload: Main Banner, Sidebar, Left ad holder, Right ad holder, Background, Curve and Style sheet. The specs are in the links in the first post of this thread.

You or the banner maker can post the links here and I'll forward/request them to be uploaded. :)

8. Jinngerbread

Sep 2, 2007
    Trace, here are the links to Zebra's and Obaona's, I had to go way back and hunt for them. Also, there were a couple that Jennifer_Lyn made that are no longer in rotation, but the links don't work anymore, I tried. She did a Qui-Gon one, and the Old Guys banner. It just would really be nice for Before to have some more color. I've been around for ages and we've had the same stylesheet ever since I joined five years ago. :p

Before Banner by Obaona This one's banner part got used but not the stylesheet.

Qui /Obi by Zebra3

Before banner also by Zebra3

9. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Jinngerbread: Those are great! I need links to the individual components, though. Like this:

Complete Banner

Banner Image
    Background Image
    Curve Image
    Sidebar Image
    Left Adholder Image
    Right Adholder Image

Stylesheet

You may have to contact oba or Zebra3 for the links, and then you can post them here or PM them to me.

General FYI and banner call - We'll be uploading the Cade banner for Beyond the Saga and, because Resource has 28 different banners (no lie!), we'd be happy to see more banner submissions for the Era boards. Guidelines and instructions are in the first post of this thread. [face_peace]

10. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    JediNemesis...I seriously [face_love] you.

And I don't even know you. But the uploading of the Cade Banner to BTS on my birthday was the most excellent present.

EVER.

Your awesomness knows no bounds.

CJM

11. Jinngerbread

Sep 2, 2007
    Trace, I got ahold of Zebra3 and she'll be pm'ing the links to you, later I think. I haven't messaged oba yet, but did get hold of her. :D

If we have 28 banners for resource, can we please get a new one instead of purple Mara? I like Mara, don't get me wrong, but she had over a month already. :)

12. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    As much as I love the Mara banner, I'd like to see a different banner up, too. :) What ever happened to that really, really old one (that might have been the original Resource banner... I don't know for sure :p )? It had the Millennium Falcon on it and a nice colour scheme. That's all I seem to remember. :p

13. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    I got the links from zebra and I'll pass them along to LAJ_FETT. :D Couldn't find the Resource banner with the Falcon, but I found Han & Leia, LOL. (Some of the banners have names like "dayglo" and "reloaded" and "2004" - hard to know what's what and there's no preview function.)

14. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Hi... when you're done with this rotation, can someone switch it to one of the Qui-Gon banners for a bit? Normally, I wouldn't ask, but I was just looking and those were good. :)

15. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Jedi_Master_Cazz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 13, 2005
    Umm, can I ask a stupid question?:confused: Is there any certain reason as to why every image of Leia (except the one of her and Han) up on the Resource banner right now is Sepia toned? Even the wittle-itty-bitty one of her, Vader and Tarkin all the way over near Alderaan on the left? Just struck me as a bit odd, but then, most things do.8-}

Cheers_Cazza@};-

16. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

LOL! Anyway to rename them so it makes it easier to know what they are? o_O :p

Cazz, I did't even notice Leia's sepia tones until you pointed it out. It is a bit odd... you'd have to ask the original creator of the banner about that. Unfortunately, I don't know who that is.

17. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
    You'd think if anybody was going to look like they came from the Dust Bowl, it'd be Luke. :p

18. Jinngerbread

Sep 2, 2007
    Any chance of getting Zebra's style sheets in Before soon, since they've been uploaded? :D

19. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Is there any idea of when they're changing the Beyond banner? I don't go in there because it is offensively graphic (no pun intentional, as it's a comic).

20. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    I understand how that banner might not be to everyone's tastes, Ish; I know others who are less than fond of it. But I admit that I fail to see how a guy without his shirt on qualifies as "offensively graphic." We saw the same thing with Anakin in RotS, if my memory serves. Honestly, I saw more skin on a few guys riding their bikes when I drove to the store the other day, and I didn't see anyone trying to arrest them for indecent exposure. [face_thinking]

21. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL, if you'll remember, I opposed the shirtless Anakin banner as well. I don't feel comfortable with bare chests up there every time I go to check on a story. :)

22. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    You should see the banner for my Fan Force. [face_mischief] [face_laugh]

Seriously, though, LAJ_FETT has uploaded new Beyond banners and I was waiting for the Anniversary festivities to be over before changing them all. Probably tonight or tomorrow. :)

23. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    Fair enough, Ish. As I said, I can understand that the Cade banner isn't everyone's favorite. I just don't think that a guy without a shirt on, be he Cade, Anakin, or the vastly less easy on the eyes guys I saw bike riding the other day, quite qualifies as either graphic or offensive. :)

Edit: I like your FF's banner, Trace. I have to admit, Naxy aside, Legacy is populated with pretty people. ;)

24. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Point taken.

It has been up there rather a long time, however. For the sake of variety...?

25. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    A YJK-themed banner. Great to see! [face_love] My hat off to whoever did it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.