main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Jedi Council

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Katana_Geldar, May 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    I'm not sure if this is already done but I've always wanted to know the logistics of the Jedi Council. I heard there were three (or is it four?) permanant members, some rotating members and some members who serve a term for about three years.

So how does this work out with the people? I know Mace and Yoda are the permanant members and I think Ki-Adi-Mundi is one as well.

2. renegadesith

renegadesith Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2005
    I would have to say that some of the members may rotate through. I believe in TPM and AOTC there were different masters on the council. [face_thinking]

3. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    Plo Koon, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Yoda, and Mace Windu are the people who always stay on the Council, I believe. They're all in TPM, AOTC, and ROTS. (That's not spoiler's! It's in the trailer. ;) )

4. ROTS_Obi1

ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    Don't forget Saesee Tinn.

5. JediCouncilBoy

JediCouncilBoy Jedi Master star 1

Jun 7, 2001
    This is from the Episode 1 Visual Dictionary:

Life Time Members:
    Yoda, Mace Windew, Ki-Adi-Mundi, and Plo Koon.

I remember that for a fact. There were only 4 life timers, and a lot of rotating.

And the reason why Yaddel and Yarael Poof weren't on the council in AOTC is because they died. R.I.P. So Coleman Trebor and Shaak Ti replaced them.

6. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    And Depa Billaba? She's on the Council in TPM and AOTC but not in ROTS for reasons clearly explained in Shatterpoint (she lost her mind)

Gimme a moment, I'll get the lost from the OS.

EDIT: Nothing on the OS, though Id did get this link. The Jedi Council TPM

Adi Gallia
    Oppo Rancisis
    Depa Billaba
    Plo Koon
    Eeth Koth
    Saesee Tiin
    Even Piell
    Yaddle
    Ki-Adi-Mundi
    Yarael Poof
    Mace Windu
    Yoda

7. dri-ma-kadi

dri-ma-kadi Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    Here you go:-

The Council before TPM:-

Lifetime Members:

Mace Windu
    Yoda
    Oppo Rancisis
    Tyvokka
    Yarael Poof

Long-term Members:

Eeth Koth
    Yaddle
    Micha Giett
    Saesee Tiin

Limited-term Members:

Depa Billiba
    Even Piell
    Adi Gallia

In the years leading up to TPM Plo Koon replaced Tyvokka and Ki-Adi-Mundi replaced Micha Giett.In the years leading up to the Clone Wars and the fall of the Old Republic, the Jedi Council consisted of twelve Jedi Masters elected to guide the actions and goals of the Jedi. They had a spectacular chamber located in one of the four council towers of the Jedi Temple, located on Coruscant. The Council was made up of five lifetime members, four long-term members, and three limited-term members.In TPM the Council consisted of the following members:-

Lifetime Members:

Mace Windu
    Yoda
    Oppo Rancisis
    Plo Koon
    Yarael Poof

Long-term Members:

Eeth Koth
    Even Piell
    Depa Billaba
    Saesee Tiin

Limited-term Members:

Ki-Adi-Mundi
    Yaddle
    Adi Gallia

By the time of the Battle of Geonosis, Coleman Trebor had replaced Yarael Poof, and Shaak Ti had replaced Yaddle. The Jedi Council from AOTC:-

Lifetime Members:

Mace Windu
    Yoda
    Oppo Rancisis
    Plo Koon
    Ki-Adi-Mundi

Long-term Members:

Eeth Koth
    Even Piell
    Depa Billaba
    Saesee Tiin

Limited-term Members:

Colman Trebor
    Shaak Ti
    Adi Gallia

As the affected most other aspects of life, the Clone Wars altered the make-up of the Jedi Council. Master Trebor died at Geonosis, and the remaining Council members were forced to meet via holographic communication from the battlefronts. Appointed to replace Coleman Trebor, was Kit Fisto_Obi-Wan replaced Depa Billiba (who is now in a coma/trance). The Jedi Council in the Clone Wars:-

Lifetime Members:

Mace Windu
    Yoda
    Oppo Rancisis
    Plo Koon
    Ki-Adi-Mundi

Long-term Members:

Eeth Koth
    Obi-Wan
    Kit Fisto
    Saesee Tiin

Limited-term Members:

Even Piell
    Shaak Ti
    Adi Gallia

Stass Allie and Agen Kolar replaced Adi Gallia (whos term ended) and Eeth Koth (who gave up his seat).Oppo Rancisis fell on Salucami.Pablo-Jill replaced him.

Strilo edit: ROTS spoilers are NOT allowed.

With the destruction of the Jedi Order at the hands of Emperor Palpatine, the Jedi Council was banished from history. It's existence was later discovered by Luke Skywalker, during his research into the Jedi of the Old Republic. He longed to re-establish the Council, but the New Republic Senate feared that it would give the Jedi an elitist presence. However, when Cal Omas was elected Chief of State, he vowed to work with Luke on recreating the Council. They agreed to create a High Council that consisted of six Jedi and six New Republic officials, mirroring the twelve-seat Council of the Old Republic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.