main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social The Jedi Enclave ~~Welcome New Followers of the Light!~~

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by ConservativeJedi321, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    I think she fell asleep in her rocker before she got that far...again. [face_tee_hee]

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I was waiting for the other two tagged to answer!!! Sheesh!!!

Sent from X Wing in Deep space.

BookExogorth likes this.
  3. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003

Says you, I KNOW how old you are mate................. o_O

Loth-cat likes this.
  4. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    :-B You may have overlooked the 'or's' in my TAG, but we forgive you...mostly. *pulls a blanket over Addie and turns out the light*

While on a mission off-world you encounter a remarkable young woman who radiates Force presence. You find an excuse to approach her to strike up a conversation and divulge that you are a Jedi Knight and a member of a community. You inquire if she had ever been approached or considered training to become a Jedi herself. She then informs you that she had at one point but was an intensely shy and private person and the idea of belonging to a group or being matched to a Master somewhat unnerved her. What would you say to her?

TAG BookExogorth

5. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    tosses blanket off and puts it over Anantas head when he finishes asking his question.

I'm a busy woman mate, reading the small words takes up my time :p

6. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    I had forgotten about that part of being a watchman. Cool!
    I would tell her that not all Jedi were trained in that conventional manner. Some were trained without any community. I would give her the suggestion that I could continue visiting her and teaching her small things, like control. Basically, there's more than one way to skin a cat, and I would explain that though the Jedi community builds each other up, I would explain that she doesn't have to join. No matter what she says, I would stick around, occasionally visiting her and becoming her friend if she was not hostile to me, and keeping an eye on any sith presence near her.
    I'm not sure that this is the best answer, but I think that it would be what I would do. Ananta Chetan

How would you codify the duties of a watchman? (I'm asking because I can't find anything specific, and want to know what our council thinks.)
    Tag: EITHER Ananta Chetan, Adalia-Durron, or Mitth_Fisto

The Vanguard, Sarge and Ananta Chetan like this.
  7. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    These Jedi Knights opted to stay in one place, operating alongside a sector or system government and ensuring diplomacy was maintained in all matters. These Jedi would also oversee the testing and reporting of any Force-sensitive born in their sector, turning the child over to the Acquisition Division if positive result was returned. The Watchmen's role in the Order was canonized in Jedi writing with the publication of The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force and the inclusion of text written by Jedi recruiter Morrit Ch'gally.[1]
    The Watchmen's presence in the galaxy ebbed and flowed with the passage of time. During the rule of the Sith Triumvirate, the Watchmen had been extinct for decades, with Meetra Surik, under the alias of the Jedi Exile, being the first to show interest in the role since the start of the First Jedi Purge. Returning with the rebuilding of the Order, the Watchmen took up their familiar posts all throughout the galaxy. Studying special Force techniques to better equip themselves for their missions, Watchmen were skilled at fading into the background, allowing them to subtly manipulate political events in a benevolent fashion so as to sustain peace and prosperity. Serving as an extension of the Council of Reconciliation and the Jedi High Council, the Watchmen were trusted to make their own decisions based on their familiarity with the local governments, without having to report back to the Councils before making every decision.[1]
    In the event that a Watchmen should step down or join one of the Jedi Councils, another Knight was assigned as replacement, such as in the cases of Masters Ki-Adi-Mundi and Grand Master Yoda, who were replaced by Knights Tarr Seirr and Kai Justiss respectively. Master Yoda, however, kept a very close friendship with the people of Kashyyyk, a relationship that would save his life during the Great Jedi Purge.

And now I have shown you my brilliant copy and paste skills, I will take that blanket back off of Ananta's head and crawl under it, NOT asking another question as that is what us old women do! :p LOL

Iteote and Ananta Chetan like this.
  8. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    Next question...

Share an example of a Jedi practicing a virtue you admire.

vncredleader

9. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    There is that one scene in TTT when a bar fight breaks out and Luke is called upon to work it out and he finds a really fair way to handle it without anyone getting hurt. It was also just really cool to talk about how Imperial credits are meaningless now. A Jedi's ability to work out actual fairness in an efficient manor is really commendable. It's also cool cause it's a minor situation, like if someone did die I would like to think Luke would have an actual court of law deal with it, fair trial and what have you.

Who's a fictional hero who you greatly admire the heroics and values of, but you think would not make a good Jedi?

Ananta Chetan likes this.
  10. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
  11. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    Han Solo

Too easy of an answer. :p

Jace Malcom would fit this criteria for me. An excellent tactician and fearless leader in battle, Malcom earned his stripes time and again as the rebuilt Sith Empire ravaged it's way through the Old Republic of 3680 BBY. His affair with Satele surfaced the darkened and hardened heart hat Malcom possessed, most likely from the fortitude he built up through countless skirmishes and battles. I don't think he would heed the Jedi Code very well if push came to shove.

What are some things a lightsaber can't cut through? Anedon

12. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Imperial BS? Lies by the Emperor? Same question as my answers are silly!!

Anedon

13. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
  14. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    *turns on the Temple HoloNet*

Greetings, youngones and old ones. I present you....

Wookiee Day!!!!!!

Wanna find out how Master Anante looks like in a Wookiee suit and get the chance to take a selfie with the Master himself? Wanna climb aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall the trees there are in the temple? Wanna go around and shout like a real Wookiee INSIDE the temple a whoooooooooole, and maybe TWO, days? THEN YOU CAN'T MISS ONE OF THE BIGGEST AND FUNNIEST FESTIVALS IN GoL: Wookiee Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :chewie::chewie:

The official date for this year's Wookiee Day is: December, 20th.Make sure that you don't miss it!!! ;)

:chewie::chewie::chewie::chewie::chewie::chewie::chewie::chewie::chewie::chewie::chewie::chewie::chewie::chewie::chewie::chewie::chewie::chewie::chewie::chewie::chewie::chewie::chewie::chewie::chewie::chewie::chewie::chewie::chewie:

15. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    Preorders a ticket for Wookiee day

16. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    gathers old shaggy rugs to turn into Wookiee costumes.....

Jedi Master Kenobiwan likes this.
  17. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    Brings tons of fun stuff with her and starts to plan on surprices with CJ.

18. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    brings in hundreds of wet dogs as they smell similar to Wookiees to her

Loth-cat and Master Vo'Un'Var like this.
  19. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    Brings in tons of bushes so that the inside of the temple looks like a jungle.

Loth-cat and Master Vo'Un'Var like this.
  20. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Alright, alright. Life Day... Wookiee Day is still a couple months away. Until that time I suggest we try and stay on topic.

I believed Vanguard has a question for you Anedon:)

21. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Oh I´ve overlooked that, sorry.

There are several materials that a lightsaber can´t cut through, or is useless against.

-The mineral cortosis which is not only resistant to lightsabers but can make the weapon useless for a short amount of time. It was commonly used for lightsaber resitant armor in the days of the old Sith wars where both sides had a lot of lightsaber wielding combatants
    -Phirk, Songsteel and Mandalorian Iron(also known as beskar) are light saber resistant materials as well though they are quite rare and lack the disabling effect of cortosis
    -The Vonduun Skerr Kyrric Armor, made out of the shells of still living Vonduun crabs used by the Yuuzhan Vong was also resitant to lightsabers. As well as the Vongs Amphistaffs which where living organisms and could be used to parry a lightsaber
    -Likewise certain species like the Zillo beast have skins resitant to lightsabers
    -Sith alchemy could also be used to enhance metal swords so they could withstand contact with lightsabers
    -Energy shields also could stop a lightsaber blade though permanent damage could cause them to fail
    -Lastly in some versions of the lore water renders lightsabers useless

Are lightsabers the only weapon a Jedi should use? Or are others possible as well, and if so which? Tag: Everyone

22. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Well from my perspective the Lightsaber is an iconic weapon primarily associated with the Jedi. It inspires hope in the innocent, and dread in the monsters that lye in the night. No other weapon holds the same symbolism as a Lightsaber.
    Personally I just can't see the Jedi using any other weapon outside of extraordinary circumstances (Such as during the dark times). Plus I like the formal simplicity of it all, far more elegant than a blaster for sure.

I can definitely see arguments to be made for having a diverse arsenal though. Jedi are primary keepers of the peace, but perhaps when thrust into more combative roles there is something to be said for being overly prepared.

What other enemies must the Jedi be vigilant for besides the Sith?

Sarge

Ananta Chetan and Sarge like this.
  23. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    The one in the mirror. Gotta go right now, more later.

Loth-cat and ConservativeJedi321 like this.
  24. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Always right to the point.:p

Loth-cat likes this.
  25. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Sorry about that, duty called. Where was I? Enemies besides the Sith? Right... Where was I going with that...? Oh, yeah!

If you asked the ghost of Anakin Skywalker who was his worst enemy, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he said Darth Vader. Who can do us the most harm? Other people may hurt us, betray us, destroy our faith in humanity, even kill us, but how much harm can others actually cause to our spirits, our true selves? We choose how we respond to the actions others take against us, we choose how their actions change us and shape us. If we choose to remain true to our best selves, our minds and spirits can survive any attack others make. But if we allow our Darkness to dictate our responses, we will do more harm to ourselves than anyone can do to us. I have no doubt that the most dangerous foe I face is the one in my mirror.

Next question: Why is it important for Jedi to face their fears? BookExogorth