main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social The Jedi Enclave ~~Welcome New Followers of the Light!~~

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by ConservativeJedi321, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Blade Of Kenobi

Blade Of Kenobi Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 18, 2012
    Greetings, Master Jedi. I wish to join your ranks and learn the ways of The Force and become a Jedi. The light side of The Force has always called out to me. I never really saw the appeal of the dark side. I'm one of those people who can't bring themselves to do a complete dark side playthrough on games like KOTOR. As you can probably tell, Obi-Wan Kenobi is my favorite Jedi. His character left an impression on me when I first saw TPM, as a youngling. I thought he was really cool and looked up to him as a role model. I wanted to emulate him and go on adventures with Qui-Gon. Luke Skywalker; especially in ROTJ, is also one of my favorites - particularly during his confrontation with Darth Vader and The Emperor inside The Emperor's throne room. He was so selfless, so giving. I aspire to be like that.

2. Skyla Skywalker

Skyla Skywalker Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2017
  3. Blade Of Kenobi

Nov 18, 2012
    Hello. Thank you! :)

4. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    Blade Of Kenobi
    Welcome! I feel pretty much the same way. I'm glad you're joining us here.

I think ConservativeJedi321 will be pleased at your arrival.
    *hands a pillow saber to Blade*

5. Blade Of Kenobi

Nov 18, 2012
    Thanks! I certainly hope so.
    *sheathes pillow saber*

6. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017
    Blade Of Kenobi
    I award you five force points for your first post here that detailed why you came to be a Jedi, and who your favorite Jedi is. Bardan_Jusik (pts)

Please add your membership of the GoL and the amount of points you have earned to your signature. (It doesn't have to be fancy.)
    For your second task, please find the Jedi code and explain it in your own words.

7. Blade Of Kenobi

Nov 18, 2012
    Thank you, for your graciousness, Master. Will do.

8. Blade Of Kenobi

Nov 18, 2012
    There is no emotion, there is peace.
    A Jedi does not let their emotions overtake them and interfere with their goal of achieving a peaceful state of being.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    A Jedi never stops learning. Do not wallow in ignorance. Seek knowledge and wisdom from great tomes containing sources of hidden knowledge and the experiences of others.
    There is no passion, there is serenity.
    A Jedi does not give in to their base passions or acts in a rash manner. A Jedi must always keep a calm, clear, and collected state of mind.
    There is no chaos, there is harmony.
    A Jedi must always be mindful of their actions and maintain balance in the Force, a Jedi must not sow disorder and discord through their actions.
    There is no death, there is the Force.
    A Jedi does not truly die. They become one with the Force and live on through their deeds and the legacy they left behind in this plane of existence.

9. Skyla Skywalker

Apr 17, 2017
    Try not to double post. Mods don’t like it. :p

Tython Awakening likes this.
  10. Blade Of Kenobi

Nov 18, 2012
    Oh, sorry. I won't do it again. O:)

Sarge and Tython Awakening like this.
  11. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017
  12. Blade Of Kenobi

Nov 18, 2012
    Thank you. I'm humbled.

Tython Awakening likes this.
  13. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017
  14. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    Blade Of Kenobi

I made the same ouchy mistake of double posting. I see why the mods don't want it. There's that old risk of posting too much without waiting for others to respond. On some boards, the user traffic is so slow, the conversations get viewers but no posters.

Nice introduction to this order for you! Such humility....(I'm saying that as a fellow Jedi and not a Sith). A Sith could talk about someone's humility with their fingers crossed behind their back while they dream up their machinizations of evil deeds. Ability to detect evil goes a long way......

@BookExogorth

@Tython Awakening - were you ever assigned a task?

Nope, I'm open to being assiged one.​

15. Skyla Skywalker

Apr 17, 2017
    You guys are alright. I made the exact same mistake when I joined. :p

Loth-cat and Blade Of Kenobi like this.
  16. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Sorry, I was in class. Welcome Blade Of Kenobi:cool::greensaber:

You did well in introductions BookExogorth :)

As for Tython Awakening's task, I asked him to explain why he wants to join our order in my first post to him. I intended that to be his first task.

BookExogorth likes this.
  17. Blade Of Kenobi

Nov 18, 2012
    No problem. Thank you, Master. :bluesaber:

18. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    As for @Tython Awakening's task, I asked him to explain why he wants to join our order in my first post to him. I intended that to be his first task.

Thank you for welcoming me. I'm going to put together a proper introduction for your order when there is a chance. I'm not delaying, just need to get more familiar! I think Blade of Kenobi is more familiar than me on what to expect at Jedi Council Forums.

I have always dreamed of standing before a real life Jedi Council like that in the Prequels and communicating through hologram projections! http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi_High_Council/Legends
    A simulation with other SW fans is probably the best I can do.

19. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Feel free to take all the time you need Tython Awakening, we will be here when you are ready.
    And I too would love to be able to stand beside the actual jedi council.
    Or maybe even be a member.[face_whistling]
    But that is what I as a Knight am working towards.;)

Loth-cat and Tython Awakening like this.
  20. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
  21. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Hello and welcome. :)

PS: why hasn't anyone told me everyone can assign tasks and write intros to the new victims followers of the light side? :p

I got a task for you, Blade Of Kenobi, who's your favourite Jedi and why? :)

22. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013

While meditating this morning I possibly had a vision of your pending padawan-hood. Blade Of Kenobi
    :p

You will have to forgive Jedi Master Kenobiwan above. She's a medical student and in the middle of exams so seems she missed that you had already replied to that question. I am sure another Knight will be along soon enough for your next initiate task. ;)

Welcome to both you and Tython Awakening to the Guardians of Light. We are pleased you found us. :ben:

23. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017
    Since the floor is open...
    Blade Of Kenobi
    Please share one quality you think all jedi should possess, and why.

24. Blade Of Kenobi

Nov 18, 2012
    Thank you, Master! :p I'm glad to have found you, as well.:yoda: Ah, no worries.
    Jedi Master Kenobiwan
    Sorry, I didn't get to you sooner. I just woke up.

Compassion is an essential quality in a Jedi. It is an act of unconditional love. By showing compassion towards others, you are steering clear off the path of selfishness. Compassion instills an active desire in you to ease the pain and and suffering in others. When we show compassion towards those less fortunate than us or those who seek our guidance, it instills in them the resolve to do better and improve their lives.

25. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    Blade Of Kenobi there's no rush on any of these tasks, please take your time. I once took 6 months to do a task