main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social The Jedi Enclave ~~Welcome New Followers of the Light!~~

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by ConservativeJedi321, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Jorgz

Jorgz Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 11, 2017
    The Force: The force is an energy field created by all living things. Because we are force sensitive the Universe is never a cold and dark place. Instead
    the Force gives us purpose and guides us. The force can be broken down into the Living Force and the Unifying Force. The Living Force Is what gives us our
    running, jumping, combat, abilities as well as our heightened senses, moving objects, and effecting the emotions of others. The Unifying Force is the Force's
    will, it is a cosmic energy that whispers your path ahead of you.

Knowledge: Knowledge is considered to be the most important of the three pillars. What would Master Shan Know of the force beyond her vague feelings
    if she hadn't learned from the holocrons? How could you battle Masters in the Temple have taught you proper saber techniques without the use of the
    demonstrations contained in the archives? Through Knowledge you will learn about the galaxy around you, it's stars, it's planets, and the species that live within it.

Self-Discipline: This Pillar is usually the ones Initiates are anxious to learn. This is because it is where you learn your combat and saber techniques.
    However, without a demonstration of your grasp on the first two pillars you will not move on to this one. That is why it is called Self-Discipline. When
    learning of this pillar you will practice meditation and the combat form Soresu. You should be practicing meditation at least 3 times a day.

@Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Iteote and Tython Awakening like this.
  2. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Well done, Jorgz
    2 FPs awarded, Bardan_Jusik

EDIT: For your next initiate task: please explain to me in details, what the Jedi service corps is and what does it do to server the Republic? Jorgz

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. Jorgz

Oct 11, 2017
    The service corp was considered an honorable alternative to serving in the army of light or the order following the ruusan reformation and the defeat of the dark lords of the sith organized under the reassignment councill the corp is made up of four branch The Agricultural Corps,The Medical Corps,The Educational Corps, and The Exploration Corps,

Serving the Galactic Republic in many different ways than a knight would the Service Corps member where no less important in the Order and helped countless star systems throughout it history.

@Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Iteote likes this.
  4. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    Me and Skyla Skywalker have been discussing things. ;)

Iteote and Tython Awakening like this.
  5. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    Jorgz Can you please tell me what each branches do?

6. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    Bonus Points

[​IMG]

Share you favorite moment of Luke using the Force and why.

TAG ALL

Tython Awakening likes this.
  7. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Without putting a whole lot of thought into it, I'm going to say his first training session on the Millennium Falcon, when he successfully parried the stun bolts from the training remote. I liked the simplicity of the moment, the idea that with the right mindset and a little guidance, an ordinary farmboy could learn to accomplish something extraordinary.

Ananta Chetan

8. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    When he blows up the death star. It's so amazing, the way he totally lets the force go through him, and then he shuts off the targeting computer. He's just so calm and relaxed, like he knows through the force what is going to happen.
    Edit
    Sarge, that's probably a close second.
    (Ananta Chetan )

Sarge and Tython Awakening like this.
  9. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    Ananta Chetan

My favorite all-time moment on screen would be in the Battle of Yavin IV for the first DeathStar. Despite all the pressure, Luke is able to shut out everything, all the nay sayers, negativity, and focus on Ben's voice guiding him, "Luke, use the force." The stakes are high. He removes his head gear and aims his missiles without computer aid. Then he lets go, and blam, the rebels score the victory that becomes the turning point against the Empire. Luke used his inner sight to fire the perfect shot.

BookExogorth We came up with the same moment!

Sarge and BookExogorth like this.
  10. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    It's been a while since I last read it, but pretty much the entirety of Luke in The Courtship of Princess Leia is very memorable-- floating down from the sky, opening himself up the Force when near death... it was an interesting perspective at the time and I've always felt that book was a bit underrated. It showed his growth and power, but also his humanity in the face of evil, which is my favourite thing about Luke in general. I don't have the book on hand to directly reference but it's the first thing that came to mind.

11. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Well this could very well change in a month or two.;)
    But off the top of my head I like the end of ESB when he communes with Vader through the force, speaking to his 'Father' in a certainly emotional moment. It's more subtle than some of the other options, and it may have been Vader, just as much as him, but I still think its the best.

12. Iteote

Iteote Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2017
    Hehe, I can hear the force soundtrack inside my head while reading this
    LUKE, USE THE FORCE...

13. Loth-cat

Loth-cat Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 29, 2017
    EVERYTHING ON DAGOBAH in ESB. I just love getting to see the struggle of learning Force powers - all the grunt work behind the flashy moves ;). I like having a window into the failed attempts and all the exhausting and frustrating practice that leads to the iconic Force-using moments we know and love. Luke is so powerful and such an ideal Jedi, but I like seeing the moments where he really struggles (and fails) to get it or to make the right choice. It's educational and encouraging.

14. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017

Lifting the stones on Dagobah...

I dunno why that's my favorite, just is..

15. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    Ananta Chetan

That time when Luke managed to lift the x-wing up from the swamp of Dagobah after Yoda said "Do. Or do not. There is no try". When Luke managed to lift the x-wing up, it showed that he finally managed to put aside his doubts and focus on the matter at hand. :luke:

16. Jorgz

Oct 11, 2017
    The Agricultural Corps was formed so that Jedi Initiates who had failed there trials could use their connection to the force for the better of galactic society.

The Medical Corps which was used to bring in non-Jedi with severe injuries or in need of specialized healing. Membership within the MedCorps included those Jedi who did not pass the Trails given to Inities and were no longer eligible to walk the path of the Jedi Knights.

The Educational Corps instructed its recruits in the ways of imparting knowledge, taught them not only to be effective instructors but also to show patience and compassion for their pupils. Above all, they needed to understand that one could not always rely on the Force to reach one's goal.

the ExplorCorps was made up of Jedi Seekers who used their skills in navigation, surveying, and survival to achieve this goal.
    @Jedi Master Kenobiwan

17. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
  18. Skyla Skywalker

Skyla Skywalker Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2017
    I think my favorite time that Luke used the Force was when he was on Dagobah, and he was lifting the stones. I’m just like Vo’Un’Var, I don’t know why.

19. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    If you desire the last point you require for Padawanship Jorgz, I might point you towards the bonus task Master Chetan granted us above. It is for everyone, and is sure to offer you that last bump you need to advance in rank.

Jedi Master Kenobiwan likes this.
  20. Jorgz

Oct 11, 2017
    I like when luke uses the force to trust his feelings to shoot the beam in the death star besauce luke learn to trust his feeling and to let go!!!!!Ananta Chetan Ananta Chetan

21. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    Bonus Points - Luke & the Force

1 Pt Each:
    Sarge
    BookExogorth
    Tython Awakening
    Rebecca_Daniels
    ConservativeJedi321
    Loth-cat
    Master Vo'Un'Var
    Skyla Skywalker
    Jedi Master Kenobiwan
    Jorgz

Bardan_Jusik pts

Initiate Jorgz -
    You have accumulated the necessary points as an Initiate and have been submitted to the Council for potentially becoming a padawan. In the meantime while you wait, we would ask you to continue to practice your posting skills and be open to feedback from the Council. As for all padawan candidates posts should be reflective of the qualities and virtues one expects to see in a future Jedi. :ben:

Council TAG Adalia-Durron Mitth_Fisto Bardan_Jusik

22. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Would have been easier to just write down who didn't get a point there. :p

23. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    You get a point, you get a point, you get a point, everybody gets a point!

Loth-cat and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  24. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016

What's your point?:p

BookExogorth and Sarge like this.
  25. Blargxcntrl

Blargxcntrl Jedi Padawan

Nov 27, 2016
    Can I join in at this point in time?