main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social The Jedi Enclave ~~Welcome New Followers of the Light!~~

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by ConservativeJedi321, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Kyber Acyk

Kyber Acyk Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2017

I have always admired the Jedi for standing up for what is right in the galaxy and for coming to the aid of those who are helpless and don't have a voice.

2. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    Good job, initiate! That is certainly to be admired and emulated. Two more force points for your expansion. Kyber Acyk
    Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  3. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Hello and welcome Kyber Acyk :) Always nice to see new faces here. :)

I got a initiate task for you, my friend. Who's your favourite Jedi and why?

May the Force be with You. :obiwan::bluesaber:

4. Kyber Acyk

Nov 30, 2017
    My favourite Jed has to be Jedi Master Mace Windu. Ever since I saw Mace in the prequel trilogy and read about him further in comic books, I became interested in how he was able to use his inner darkness as a weapon without being corrupted by the Dark Side. I was always under the impression that once you tapped into the Dark Side, you would gradually slide down a slippery slope until you became unredeemable, but Mace proved me wrong in every way.

Plus, I thought it was pretty cool that he created his very own style of lightsaber combat ;)

5. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    Nicely and thoughtful answered. Well done. :)
    4 FPs awarded, Bardan_Jusik

6. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017
    Kyber Acyk
    As an initiate, it would be in your interests to take advantage of every learning opportunity the enclave can offer. What initiate orientation class intrigues you the most?

Make up whatever "initiate orientation class" you'd like. This isn't an actual thing we offer, unfortunately. :p

Jedi Master Kenobiwan likes this.
  7. Kyber Acyk

Nov 30, 2017

I would be interested in taking classes in the lightsaber forms. I have had elementary training from my parents, but would like to learn the other forms as well, so I can have a well rounded view and be able to select the right form for the right combat situation :)

Sarge and Adalia-Durron like this.
  8. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017
    Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  9. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gray_Jedi

I'm interested (if you are) in continuing this discussion sometime....

Was Mace Windu really tapping into the darkside of the force? I don't have the article with me currently, but I think Tom Veitch struggled with this concept in the writing of Dark Empire and Tales of the Jedi (90s series). One of Tom Veitch's ideas was that neither Luke Skywalker nor Ulic Qel Droma could infiltrate the Sith without falling to the darkside.

The concept of "Gray Jedi" has an article on wookiepedia. The text in bold is especially relevant for hinting at the historical problems with having members in the Jedi Order considered to be "Gray Jedi."

Copied

<<< "Jinn always does things his own way, always sure he is right, always incredulous if we do not see it his way. Some think he is a gray Jedi."
    ―Tyvokka, on Qui-Gon Jinn[src]

The term Gray Jedi, or Gray, had two meanings. First, it was used by Jedi and Sith to describe Force-users who walked the line between the light and dark sides of the Force without surrendering to the dark side, and second, it described Jedi who distanced themselves from the Jedi High Council and operated outside the strictures of the Jedi Code. However, those who were considered to be true Gray Jedi met both qualifications and did not belong to any particular Force tradition. One example was Jolee Bindo, a former Jedi Padawan and a Gray Jedi that served the Old Republic. >>>>>>

10. Kyber Acyk

Nov 30, 2017

I would be interested in continuing this conversation with you Tython :)

I always considered the Gray Jedi characters I created to be firmly rooted within the first meaning. They came about once I read about Mace and his ability to use both sides of the Force and remaining a member of the Jedi Order. I guess you'd say they are "quasi-Gray" in a sense, since they only meet one qualification.

EDIT:

Originally, I decided that my characters fit into the mould of Gray Jedi because they could harness their inner anger and hate, due to traumatic events, and channel them to amplify their attacks.

11. Gembo

Gembo Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2017
    May I join the Guardians of Light?

12. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    To my knowledge yes, what are you're reasons for wanting to join the Jedi?

13. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016

By all means! And welcome!:D

If you desire to join our order, first add your membership in it to your signature. Also add your current rank (Initiate), and total force points (0)

Stay active in our community, and stay alert fore initiate tasks. By thoroughly completing these tasks you will earn points, when you get 25 points you will become a Padawan learner.

First Task: Please tell us why you want to be a Jedi.

14. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017

I kinda did that tasky thingy, trying to get the hang of it.

15. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016

Yes, seems we posted over each other.:p
    I gave a more detailed run down either way, so he knows how to go forward. I'm going to be busy for the next few hours with school stuff, so if he completes this task feel free to award him the points you feel he has earned.

Master Vo'Un'Var likes this.
  16. Gembo

Gembo Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2017
    I've always admired the Jedi for their attempts at bringing peace to all people, attempting to resolve conflict without violence, and helping those in need.

17. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017
    Gembo
    Intresting... I award you 3 force points for that task
    Bardan_Jusik
    Next Task- Who is your favorite Jedi and why?

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  18. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    Hello and welcome to GoL, my friend. :)

19. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017
    Initiate Task:
    The combat form that initiates learn is Form I, or Shii-Cho. Describe this form of lightsaber combat.
    Tag: Kyber Acyk or any initiate with no current task.

20. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
  21. Blargxcntrl

Blargxcntrl Jedi Padawan

Nov 27, 2016
    BookExogorth
    Form I, or Shii-Cho, was the introductory lightsaber combat form taught to initiates within the Jedi Order. Form I provided many basics such as attacks, parries, and targeting zones, as well as providing a foundation for drawing upon the Force. In live combat, Form I focused on sequential and repetitive diagonal attacks to various body zones like the head, arms, and legs. These large sweeping attacks were advantageous when confronted by multiple enemies, but were hindered when faced with a single opponent.

Although Form I was more or less an introductory style, it was far from exempt from further advancement and expertise. Master Kit Fisto, for example, was a prominent Form I user.

22. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017
    [face_thinking] Blargxcntrl, did you ever answer the task I gave you? I believe it asked what you would most like to be doing on the planet you like best, or something like that. Unless you did, could you answer that first?

23. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    As I indicated, checking your alerts would be the fastest way to find missing tasks Blargxcntrl;)

BookExogorth likes this.
  24. Blargxcntrl

Blargxcntrl Jedi Padawan

Nov 27, 2016
    BookExogorth Hmm, finding a planet I like best is tough! Whichever the planet, I think I'd like to explore ancient ruins as a pathfinder for the Jedi Order and learn about past societies. Voss is up there given it's history and scenery, and given that people "rediscover" it every now and then.

25. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017
    Blargxcntrl
    Two points for the planet/work. Bardan_Jusik
    (I'm going to wait a day or so for the other one, just in case KA wants to respond.)

Bardan_Jusik likes this.