main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social The Jedi Enclave ~~Welcome New Followers of the Light!~~

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by ConservativeJedi321, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Chris Knight

Chris Knight TFN Humor Staff star 4 VIP

Jul 8, 1998
    Congrats on the family :)

Weirdly, I can't say that I'm feeling older at all. Hopefully a lot wiser. Guess so much happened in the last decade especially that I'm getting to finally live life to its fullest. But that's a long story...

Maybe sooner than later God will let me have a family. Very few things would be more happy than to take my own kids to see a Star Wars movie :)

Must say though, that just this site has seen a LOT of history. I'll NEVER forget the day of 9/11. I was the first to email the staff about it. A few hours later head editor Josh Griffin - who was a youth pastor in the real world - posted a very heartfelt prayer for everyone affected and for the nation and world as a whole. And then there were these boards. For the next two weeks or so they became a clearinghouse of information, members trying to locate other members who had been in the areas of the attacks. It was discovered later that one of the Jedi Council members had been a firefighter who responded that morning and perished inside the World Trade Center. And one of the TFN staffers couldn't be found. A week and a half later she was located.

She had been on the street at the World Trade Center when the first plane hit. She saw it happen directly above where she was standing. She dove for cover in the subway entrance nearby and heard the debris hit the pavement. She and I had dinner just over a week before the attacks.

Like I said, a LOT of history transpired across this site and its forums. It's so good to see them still going strong :)

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Wow! That's amazing............and age is a number mate. Most days I wake up confused at the woman in the mirror as she is in her 50's and I am pretty sure I'm not! :p Seems as we get older the time goes faster and yesterday was really 20 years ago! I was around for 9/11 and remember much of the board posting and anxiety, wasn't good.

Its us oldies that keep this place going, we inspire the younglings to be life long fans! It's not hard, keeping up with technology is often harder! LOL

3. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I'd have been less than a year old when you joined the boards.[face_shhh]

4. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    I'll be 12 days old...

[​IMG]

5. Kyber Acyk

Kyber Acyk Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2017
    I was 9 and 13 respectively when you both joined the boards :)

6. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    I just learned it's the second anniversary of when I joined the boards!:eek:
    Wouldn't have even noticed if I hadn't received an award for staying on.:p

7. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I just learned I'm really old..................must be wise then ;)

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
  8. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    "Older and wiser" :D:cool:

9. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Something like that..................then again I had a 23 year old lad picking up a costume tonight and he looked in my spare room (where I sleep mostly due to a snoring issue!!) and said 'This looks like a 10 year old boys bedroom!' I squealed "YES!!!!!" :p

10. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011

Sent from a galaxy far, far away...so far away even I don't know where it is.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_dancing] and @};- Welcome back @Chris Knight -- definitely some awesome history you described there and @Tython Awakening -- best of luck with the job endeavors and will eagerly await your cool! responses in the GoL =D=

12. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    [​IMG]
    *brings a cat inside to welcome newbies*
    :p

13. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    And with you kitty............

Kyber Acyk and Ananta Chetan like this.
  14. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
  15. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    Optional Training

Put yourself in Rey's place and tell us what you would have chosen to do if given the same scenario. For additional points, share your perspective on Luke's advice that follows.

TAG ALL

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  16. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    *Suddenly a dog in Jedi robe appears*

[​IMG]

:p

17. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    [​IMG]

And a Guinea pig!!

18. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
  19. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
  20. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
  21. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Odd time of year for him to be out and about.:p

22. Kyber Acyk

Kyber Acyk Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2017
    @Ananta Chetan

I would have heeded Luke's words that the Jedi cannot be involved in every single conflict and let the "warring" tribe come onto the island. I would have then began to centre myself within the Force, quelling the anger rising up inside me due to his words about the opposing tribe's desire to pillage the Caretaker village.

Luke tells Rey that sometimes, even the Jedi, the protectors of the galaxy, cannot involve themselves in everything that happens. And although it is hard to do, they must sometimes allow the natural circle of life to play out without any interference.

23. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I saw that and it reminded me of Yoda laughing, was Luke attempting to find humour in Rey's passion? I know, even in RL, you choose your battles and sometimes you have to let the small ones slide because (in the immortal words of my husband) 'You can't do Everything!' and that is true. On top of that Rey is learning about the Force, wouldn't a touch of meditation for a moment have told her the intentions of the visitors? Sometimes we need to pause and take in all around us before we go in all guns blazing. A quick force check as such would have told her the intentions of the visitors were good and not to be feared.

Kyber Acyk and Ananta Chetan like this.
  24. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
  25. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    *Looks around sadly, and starts packing up the furniture*