main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Jedi Fundraiser (Jacen / Nen Yim)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AlisonC, Oct 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlisonC

AlisonC Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2005
    TITLE: The Jedi Fundraiser
    AUTHOR: AlisonC the Eleventh Guard
    PAIRING: Jacen Solo/Nen Yim
    OTHER CHARACTERS: Lots of cameos.
    GENRE: Humor/Romance
    SUMMARY: The Jedi Knights are involved in a fundraiser for the upkeep of the Temple, and Jacen (for a day, anyway) is a raffle prize that Nen Yim would like to win - but she's too late to buy tickets! One-shot.
    NOTES: This is for J/NY Challenge #1. It's also intentionally silly, particularly in the first half. Enjoy!

Once a year, the doors of the Jedi Temple were opened up to visitors, and once inside they could play games, participate in raffles, and gamble. The purpose, in theory, was to raise money for the Temple itself... someone had to buy the caf and pay for the power generators, after all. But it was as much to teach the Jedi participants various lessons of patience and self-control as it was a fundraiser.

"Spin the wheel and win! Step right up, only five decicreds a spin!" Jaina Solo called out. She was dressed in a brightly colored clown suit, complete with a soft, round red nose that almost matched her cheeks under the makeup. Whoever decided to put her at the Wheel of Fortune was going to get it.

She heard snickering, and angrily glanced over her shoulder at the source. Once she did, though, she couldn't keep from laughing herself... some of the Jedi Knights did have it worse than she did. [i]Poor Lowie and Jacen[/i], she thought, trying not to smudge her clown makeup as she covered her mouth with her hand.

Lowbacca howled mournfully and Jacen was apparently trying very hard not to make eye contact with anyone. They were both down on one knee, in exaggerated bicep-flexing poses, behind a long table marked "JEDI SLAVE-FOR-A-DAY RAFFLE."

"Now, how did we get into this compromising position?" Jacen wondered aloud.

Lowbacca grunted, and Jacen nodded briefly to him. "Right, right... more lessons from Uncle Luke and the other Masters. Something tells me they might have a few lessons to learn when this is all over..."

"I need someone to fix my hovercar," an older man said to Alema, who was probably the one Jedi who wouldn't have minded being in the raffle. As it was, she was the one assigned to dispense tickets. "How much a ticket?"

"One credit," she said boredly.

"I'll take ten for the Wookiee. Thanks." He picked up his ten numbered tickets, torn from the white roll that was for Lowbacca's raffle, and stuffed them in his pocket.

"How many tickets are left for Jacen?" the next person, a blonde-haired girl, asked. She stood on tiptoe to see over Alema's swinging lekku.

"As many as we can sell. But there's a twenty-ticket limit per buyer."

"Bah," the girl said as she slapped two 10-credit chips down on the table. Alema rolled her eyes and handed her the requisite twenty tickets, then watched her bounce away.

Han Solo looked around as the line inched forward. It was all for a good cause, and he, too, found watching the games to be amusing. Tahiri waved briefly at him from her face-painting station, halfway through making a glittery picture of a flower on one little girl's cheek. Then he was up at Alema's table.

"Hmm," he said, pretending to think. "We've got a big pile of dishes stacked up at home, and the floor could use a good mopping. Five tickets for Jedi Knight Solo."

"Just five?" Alema arched one eyebrow, then took the five small credit chips and gave him five slips of cardboard with numbers printed on the side.

Outside, Nen Yim, the former Yuuzhan Vong shaper, was trying to get in, but had a little bit of trouble with security. By the time she'd managed to talk her way through, though, the children's festivities had ended and many were exiting the temple, little ones in tow. The fundraiser was still going strong, but now Zekk was busily filling bar orders, and Tenel Ka dealt a game of sabacc in the far corner. There weren't many players. Han had decided to spend a few more credits on betting chips, and few others wanted to play when they didn't think they

2. Briman

Briman Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2004
    Great stuff, Alison! =D=

3. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    Hehe.... That reminds me that I need to finish up my entry...

Good job! I'll go get the index updated!

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    [face_laugh] Loved it! Very well done! =D=

5. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    This was great! :D

6. TheCrazyRodian

TheCrazyRodian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2004
    I'd say "you've got to be kidding me" but this is too good for such trivial expressions. Very cool.

7. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    [face_laugh] Very cute! I really enjoyed it! :D

8. Stormtrooper_TK-421

Stormtrooper_TK-421 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    She won him in a card game! [face_laugh] nice! :D

9. Eleventh_Guard

Eleventh_Guard Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2005
    Many thanks to all who replied (can't believe I forgot to give a response to this.) I'm glad you enjoyed it! The card game line was part of the challenge this was written for. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.