main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation The Jedi in the Sequel Trilogy

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by LawJedi, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Sidious wants to cover all the lands in a second darkness.

General Immodet likes this.
  2. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    If anything, I'd like the Jedi to be like the Elves in the Silmarillion... powerful, passionate, prone to the heights of glory and the lows of despair. In a nutshell, as depicted in this quote from the work's TvTropes page:
    Cheers,
    Lauré :)

4. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012

5. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    Literally die of a broken heart, you say? [face_whistling]

laurethiel1138 likes this.
  6. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    "Anakin, you're breaking my heart! You're going down a path I cannot follow!"

It has long been a standing theory of mine that Anakin's turn to Sith Lord effectively damaged Padmé's psyche through their bond, and that her will to survive thereafter could not extend beyond delivering their children. Hence the danger, for a Jedi, of forming an unbalanced attachment...

Cheers,
    Lauré :)

7. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008

I heartily agree.

8. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    All the Jedi should talk very slowly, dramatically turn towards the camera for 45 seconds while heavenly music plays in the background and light spills around them?

On a more serious note, no.

We need the Jedi to be more involved, not even more distanced than they were in PT. Seeing PT and reading some of the arguments of Darth Plagueis and of other Sith Lords over time...I almost said to myself "well, the Sith are right, these Jedi bums don't do anything, ever."

So, yeah. More involved Jedi, less sitting around a council chamber and exchanging meaningful looks whenever someone suggests actually doing something.

9. the_sinister_hologram

the_sinister_hologram Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 3, 2012
    The Jedi Order does have a lot of very strange philosophies.
    Instead of teaching a Jedi how to not get carried away by emotions, in case he/she does, they are simply told not to love, not to mourn or miss the dead, not to cry, not to yell.

I think that that was the reason for their downfall and perhaps that was intentional from Lucas. To show how the Order had stagnated, after 1000 boring years of nothing happening to truly test their limits. And once a Sith reveals himself, they have no idea how to deal with him, as they still live in the past. The Sith changed, improved, while the Jedi saw no reason to do so.

10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I've always thought Yoda's "mourn them do not, miss them do not" speech was a little bizarre but I'm also not sure it was meant to be taken literally. It was a philosophical ideal, and a person who reaches that ideal, would certainly have an easier time dealing with death--which, let's face it, is an inevitable part of life. The Jedi didn't have the power to stop death, so Yoda wasn't promising that to Anakin; what he did give him was a coping mechanism in the form of the philosophy. Unfortunately Anakin was in no state of mind to hear anything other than what he wanted to hear.

I definitely don't think any Jedi has been told not to cry, in spite of Karen Miller portraying Yoda as saying as much in Wild Space.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  11. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    *threadmerge*

12. obi_kenobi_24

obi_kenobi_24 Force Ghost star 4

Aug 17, 2003

Geesh, people

Do you not realize what an accomplishment that was????.....

ok lets say Luke lets his Jedi run around hook up with whoever they want.....then there better not be any of his Jedi Falling to the Dark Side in the ST or it will undermine that point big time

Yoda's way equals 1000 years of peace

Luke's way equals what 40??? If we kick out the EU craziness

The only way I see the "more attachment=better Jedi" theory making logical sense is if there are far less Jedi trained and they're more micromanaged

13. Master Aizakku Rorensu

Master Aizakku Rorensu Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 1, 2013
    Yeah, in Episode VII you can have Luke slowly rebuild the Jedi Order. But even then, where do you go from there?

You can continue to slowly rebuild, but there's still a line that can't be crossed, the one that Anakin crossed. And so do you excluded those who may show a proclivity to cross that line? And if you do, and if they're powerful Force-users (and now without proper training in using the Force), how do they react? And if you allow them into the order, what then?

Set the foundations for this in Episode VII, and continue it in my favorite fall back, a live-action series.

Star Wars: The Way of The Jedi, or Star War: The New Jedi Order (or whatever... ).

Fall 2016 on ABC.

And go back and forth between the TV series and the movies with just a continuation of the themes. Because even if you're able to do a Star Trek and get the actors to do both the TV series and the movies, I'm not sure if you can get away with major things happening on a TV show that would impact a movie. Even if it's Star Wars. That's too much like the keep-the-EU argument of assuming the audience has done the required reading.

14. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    I felt the same thing, and actually thought it was intentional. IMO, the PT Jedi Order really was not how the Jedi were supposed to be. They lived in an ivory tower as opposed to actually living, and thus they were an abomination. Thus, I believe that the ST Jedi should be as far removed from the PT Jedi as humanly possible.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  15. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    If the Jedi Order is back up and running in the ST I would like to see them ditch the samurai warrior monk clothing. I would like to see more unique clothing and armor for each individual.

16. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002

What you didn't see...

[​IMG]

17. Jedi Comedian

Jedi Comedian Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2012
    I'd like to see Luke's Jedi Order fix the mistakes if the PT Order, but have new flaws instead. Having it suddenly be the perfect organisation would be the easy (and less dramatically satisfying) way out.

For example, in the EU, Luke's compassion and successful redemption of Vader make him soft on pupils straying to the dark side. The rules of the PT Order may not be perfect, but they were there for a reason.

18. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    Plagueis describes the influence of the Jedi as enveloping the galaxy in some kind of light side Force bubble.

19. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007
    Just a thought... what if Luke is extremely careful about passing on what he has learned, given what happened to Anakin and what could have happened to him, and creates his own Rule of Two for the new Jedi Order? Could be an interesting parallel. Then you could have an aspiring Jedi be the villain, resentful that Luke won't teach him, jealous of Luke's sole apprentice (the protagonist?), and meddling with Sith teachings on his own or something. Might be unlikely, since ROTJ establishes that Luke will undoubtedly train Leia in the ways of the Force, but something along those lines could be interesting.

20. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    That is what I am hoping to see.

Prior to the PT, I always assumed that the Jedi were loose and didn't have a set structure. I thought they would be wandering do-gooders then the more rigid order we got in the PT.

Summer Dreamer likes this.
  21. obi_kenobi_24

Aug 17, 2003
    Yeah 1000 years of relative peace throughout an entire Galaxy is an abomination

Count Yubnub likes this.
  22. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    So, you're saying that the Jedi were the sole reason for peace in the Galaxy?

23. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    I think we will have a situation where Luke has found and trained some Jedi in the time after ROTJ. They will be a small band that will not be involved in politics. A threat will bring them back to the limelight. However, I feel the people will be wary, since some will still believe the Jedi traitor myth. My two cents.

24. obi_kenobi_24

Aug 17, 2003
    Pretty close, this gets lost in the PT but they were legendary ambassadors/negotiators

25. metr0man

metr0man Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 13, 2012
    No Councils, no Orders, no bureacracies or arcane stupid "rules". The only rule is dont give in to the dark side. The rest should be up to the good judgement of the Jedi in question.

I've had enough of that stodgy **** in the prequels (which I do think have merit, don't get me wrong but I see them as backstory, not the story). I want the spirit of the OT. Less meetings, less councils, Not a story "about" rebuilding some Order or the Republic,
    But about swashbuckling characters.