main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation The Jedi in the Sequel Trilogy

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by LawJedi, Nov 1, 2012.

1. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Luke should train a thousand Jedi and then kill them all off to restore balance to the Force.

2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Why train them in the first place?

3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Because it's fun.

eht13, LANDO_ROCKS and DarthPoppy like this.
  4. Sith_Knight087

Sith_Knight087 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 5, 2012
    Reminds me of a certain quote....
    [​IMG]

5. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I think Luke should start a jedi academy on Endor, so that the jedi can learn from the Ewok's superior fighting skills. :)

Sitara and darklordoftech like this.
  6. jedimikey

jedimikey Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 21, 2012
    Pfft! Yeah, right. And Jar-jar can teach them how to throw plasma balls. :p

Plasma BALLS!

Those ewoks ARE good fighters, though...unless Boba Fett shows up and says "back from the dead..." well, you know the rest!

Sitara likes this.
  7. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    I kinda assumed that there wouldn't be a huge push for more Jedi once everyone believes that the Sith are dead and buried.

Luke would be kinda meditating and being sage-like, living a simple life somewhere remote. Perhaps there are half a dozen force sensitive kids who track him down and he trains them, but not hundreds.

8. Rebane

Rebane Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2013

Good point. But I would rather there are none. At least for the first film. I would like to follow the arc of one "hero" rather than a "team". Watching him grow/mature with circumstances (new threat? empire?) slowly convincing Luke it is necessary to train another. Remember how reluctant Yoda was to train Luke? Luke should know by now more than anyone (including Yoda) how dangerous the force is. IMO, Luke is a tragic hero. The order was a failure in many ways and he knows it intimately. He is also the last of his kind. I would think it poignant for him to reflect on this failure of the order and CHOOSE self imposed exile over camaraderie and comfort. It seems more fitting to me for him to have an internal struggle like this.

9. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    They already thought the sith were gone for 1,000 years and they had a bog jedi order. Just sayin.

DARTHSHAME likes this.
  10. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    KRud I agree. In addition, Luke was given a mandate to teach others what he has learned. I expect to see a New Jedi order. How will we get all the good action figures without multiple Jedi? ;)

11. Prodigy_Knight

Prodigy_Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2013
    A Jedi is merely a Force Sensitive, a sentient born with the ability to feel/interact with the Force, who was taught a certain (Light Side-oriented) tradition, this training is more to the benefit of the individual rather than turn him into a Sith fighter.

As you can easily see a FS without proper training is still going to develop force abilities it's just that his Light Side/Dark Side stance will be determined by the society he lives in, have a wonderful life (Murphy's laws still apply) and he will probably be LS, if he encounters hardships/stress (get's bad grades at Uni, girlfriend leaves him etc) he will veer to the DS.

For example Palpatine, a hugely powerful FS who somehow wasn't detected and taken by the Jedi to be trained, he got trained by a Sith but really if there was no Sith to train him can you really imagine Palpatine as a good individual.

I'm thinking more or less the same evil personality with less potent force abilities.

IMHO half a dozen kids is criminally low we're talking a whole galaxy here.

12. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Huh?

Do you think that Luke would have magically started levitating things and being the bad-ass he became without training from Yoda and Obi-Wan?

I doubt it, in my opinion even if you were force-sensitive that is just potential which is unleashed after extensive training. Without training you just are sorta good at bulls eyeing womb rats, not exactly the stuff of legends.

Prodigy_Knight likes this.
  13. Prodigy_Knight

Prodigy_Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2013
    Depends I think on the "power level" of the force user Anakin, very powerful, was doing some pretty clearly amazing stuff while still a kid his abilities would grow over time, all you need is the right type of personality "hey look I have this gift others don't have I should try to hone it" and I think you could get far.

For example I doubt Anakin got classes in getting visions from the future, this must be a untrained skill he would still have even if he never left Tatoiine that right there is huge, mystically speaking.

14. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    The number of Jedi apprentices is fairly tricky for Episode 7. Like, I too don't want to see Luke at a fully rebuilt Jedi temple, going over spreadsheets as to what to give the new class of Younglings for dinner after their (Jedi) sorting hat ceremony. But, on the flipside, if the movie kicks off 35 years after Return of the Jedi, and Luke stretches his arms and says "Oh, man! I totally forgot to rebuild the Jedi order! BRB, Chewie!" he's going to seem like a lazy layabout. So the trolley should be moving by the point that Ep. 7 starts, but not too far along from the station.

15. Jedsithor

Jedsithor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 2005
    If Luke followed the old Jedi Code, he'd have...what...two apprentices in 30 years? But Luke himself had just 4 years of training before facing the Emperor and most of that was him training himself. In any case, I think Luke's Jedi should be small in number, just a handful across the galaxy. If Leia trains as a Jedi as quickly as Luke did (possible given her shared Force sensitivity), then that would be two Jedi Knights within...say...five years of the victory at Endor. If they each train an apprentice, then 10 years after Endor there could be four Jedi. Five years after that there could be eight...by the time we reach Episode VII, there could be over 200 Jedi, assuming 5-year training time. I don't think it will be that many.

16. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I think Luke should train nothing but Hutts. Then he, Han, Chewie, and Lando can form The Galactic Cartel. Star Wars needs to be more gangsta! :)

Jcuk and CT-867-5309 like this.
  17. DarthPoppy

DarthPoppy Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    It would be cool if there were some openly gay Jedi now that (hopefully) the no attachment stuff is out. Star Wars has for so long concentrated on dysfunctional straight families, a functional gay one would be a welcome change. Also it would be cool to have the saga deal positively with contemporary social issues.

18. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    There is very little chance that such a "social comment" can be included without feeling too forced and out of place.
    I'm not homophobic, racist, ultra-nationalist or whatever other negative "--ist" there is out there, but to be perfectly honest I've had enough of the "politically correct" preaching from every angle and at all times.
    Things should be included in the movie if it serves the story and makes sense in the context of the narrative and the heroes' current situation - not just to "deal with contemporary issues." There are more than enough other media and genres that can deal with that more than adequately and I would prefer if Star Wars stayed well away from clumsy social commentaries just for the sake of being "up to date."
    Make a good movie with a good story - whatever that includes. Or excludes.

Jcuk likes this.
  19. GODLIKE

GODLIKE Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 28, 2012
    Luke had potential to be the greatest force user ever while being trained by the greatest jedi master that has ever lived it was a rare situation. Not only that Luke doesn't have enough knowledge to actually train someone there was only enough time for Luke to learn the very basics. I think Luke should only have 2 apprentices

Jcuk likes this.
  20. DarthPoppy

DarthPoppy Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    It wouldn't be preachy. Just instead of the kind of romance we see between male and female characters, there would be something similar between two male or female characters. I think it would be really cool. And, as Lucas has said, Star Wars films are moral stories aimed at children, this would be really helpful to young people struggling with certain identity issues. I think there is no reason to talk about any of this, just show it on screen. Why should GFFA be homophobic? Yet we have never seen a gay character. I just think it would be cool.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  21. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Maybe we have seen it. Those Duros were chummy in the Cantina. And the 2 Ewoks in the AT-ST with Chewie certainly had some love going on.

22. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    You must remember Luke wasn't a Jedi Master at the end of ROTJ. If I recall correctly, Yoda told him he would only become a Jedi by defeating Vader. Now as its looking Episode 7 will be 30 or so years after that so, maybe it took Luke another 10 or even 20 years after that to become a master. I surmise that there will be maybe 2 apprentices. Cain and Abel if you like lol :)

23. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    If a gay character appears on screen it isn't necessarily a social commentary.

24. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    How about a hermaphrodite Jedi. Roaming the universe, having many a one night stand with all and sundry, completely free from attachment?

25. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    True, that's why I said I'm fine with anything appearing as long as it makes sense within the context of the story and isn't just shoehorned in for the sake of making it "up to date" with current issues.

Darth_Pevra likes this.