main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation The Jedi in the Sequel Trilogy

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by LawJedi, Nov 1, 2012.

1. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I would appreciate if we stayed on topic discussing the Jedi in ST, guys :)

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  2. artooo

artooo Jedi Master star 1

Nov 6, 2012
  3. bluemilkcheesypuffs77

bluemilkcheesypuffs77 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    Will Jedi fly x-wings in the ST? if so what will maul fly because he obviously survived! As is evidenced by TCW which is all canon.

4. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    There is also an interesting idea in EU about a Jedi Academy onboard a huge spaceship, the Chu'unthor.
    It might be interesting if the New Jedi Order under Luke Skywalker (or his protege) would prefer to have a mobile base of operations as opposed to being stationed on Coruscant or Yavin or anyplace.
    It would be a nice addition to the notion of the New Jedi shifting their approach from the passive stance of the Old Order.

5. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Jedi will still probably fly X-Wings (they're also iconic).

Maul has survived up to wherever TCW last left him - but present indications are that the ST may be 50 ABY or thereabouts, so as to whether he survives to then....

6. bluemilkcheesypuffs77

bluemilkcheesypuffs77 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    Using the dark side usually brings with it unnatural long life. Kind of like cryogenics. Ben skywalker will end up having to face off against maul in ep 7 mirroring TPM.

7. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Provided he doesn't come up against Kenobi (again), Vader or Yoda first!;)

8. fenton

fenton Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    I think they'll take the oppertunity to create new ships like they did for every PT movie. They could have had X-wings in the PT, but wanted to create something new. I;m s ure they'll do the same in the ST.

Ben Skywalker wont be fighting anyone cause he won't be int he movie.......

The_Hellhammer likes this.
  9. fenton

Nov 29, 2001
    There are a bunch of different ways they can take the Jedi in the ST.

A very small group. Luke has/is taking his time training people and in 30 years has only training a couple Jedi so the whole order is pretty small (10-20 Jedi mabye?)
    A larger goup. Luke wanted to get the order back up and reestablished quickly so he trained people quicker, and several at once.
    No Jedi order and we find Luke still wrestling with the right direction to take.

They could be supporting the Republic/Rebels.
    They could be more independant (maybe Luke feels them even being invovled with the Clone Wars was wrong so they more independant and monk like)
    The republic might not want the Jedi order anymore, maybe after the Clone Wars and 20+ years of Sith rule they are tried of these force useres (and some still might think the Jedi tried to take over the Republic before the Empire).

So many different ways they could take it.

10. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Jedi in the EU fly Stealth X, a version of XJ class - Wings. In the novels they are more stream lined with less ridges. However I don't expect them to use that. I liked how the ARC evolved into the X WIng. I'd like to see the next evolution in EP VII

11. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    A bit more firepower than the E-Wing too.

12. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Not to mention, we don't need to call them X wings. I wonder if they will try to get the Jedi in their own type of ship again?

13. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    ISTR those 'Jedi Starfighters' in 2 & 3 were a commercial model modded-up with weaponry - but that could just be an EU reference.

The problem is, how many surplus craft are left-over from the Rebellion days - just upgraded as time has gone by.

Look at current RW mil-spec hardware and then look at when it was designed/went into service. Not a lot of truly new models about, or so it seems.

14. fenton

Nov 29, 2001
    Which is most likely what we'll get. While Arndt will want to bring his own characters and story ideas, a director will bring his own vision, the artists will want to bring their vision and their ideas.

15. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    True, but you and I will never agree Fenton about Master's council, Ben and Jaina inclusion.

16. fenton

Nov 29, 2001
    Masters council?

17. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I think Corran, Clighal, Kyp, Saba and Kyle should be Luke's advisors. Wouldn't even need to talk. Just have them sitting on the council like majority of the Jedi in the PT

18. fenton

Nov 29, 2001
    If the story even has a Jedi council and they want to put them (like they did with Aalya or Vos in PT), I wouldn't hate it or be up in arms or anything. But at the sametime if Ben isn't in the movies and Luke isn't/wasn't with Mara Jade it creates a weird situation were Corran is there but everything about him is brought into question (more so then it already is).

The new movie will in all likelyhood spin off a whole new generation/set of EU. Novels filling in the backstory (since there will most likely be ground to be recovered) and support charcters can and will get fleshed out in Novels and Comics. If they want keep a character like Corran or Kyp and simply re-write their backstories and history to fit into the new direction of movies, then its a good move. If they have plans or authors that want to create new characters, then I don't think those characters should be forced on them.

19. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Either way the characters will be retconned into still existing just not in the same capacity they once were. If Corran doesn't make the movie or Kyle, they will find a home in the new EU because EU fans love them

20. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    And "the Shoulderpad of Doom" will be hunting the culprits with his Bryar!

21. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Did I miss something?

22. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Kyle wears a distinctive shoulderpad - and his favourite weapon is a Bryar 'Pistol'.

[​IMG]

23. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    ok im tracking

24. fenton

Nov 29, 2001
    Some fans do. I'm a fan and I don't really like Corran Horn (as I said, I find him to be an uninteresting Mary-Sue). And I never cared much for Katarn. Authors may find a restarted universe refreshing and take the oppertunity to create new charactersr rather then re-do the old. We don't know yet.

25. Green_Destiny_Sword

Green_Destiny_Sword Force Ghost star 5

Jun 20, 2001
    What would the purpose of a Jedi Council be? Why do the Jedi even need one? It served actually no purpose in the PT whatsoever.