main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO The JEDI KNIGHT Series can still work as canon...

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by MoffJacob, Dec 27, 2015.

1. MoffJacob

MoffJacob Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 25, 2015
    You know, since in TFA there was not a mention about where and how Luke trained the (failed-aborted) New Jedi Order

Yeah, I'm talking about the Yavin 4 Praxeum, and Katarn, Jaden Korr, etc (the way I see it, Kylo Ren killed them both)

what do you guys think?

2. patrickurrutia

patrickurrutia Jedi Master star 1

Feb 14, 2007
    Would you please just shush up about whats canon and whats not canon.

The old videogames and old books they're still canon. Deal with it.

Gawl...

MoffJacob, dont be one of those Disney fantatics. Dont

3. SarahKerrigan90

SarahKerrigan90 Jedi Youngling

Dec 24, 2015
    I go by lucas rules; if it doesnt override or contradict the Films, it could be considered canon. for me, Shadows of the Empire, Thrawn and Dark Empire and Old Republic stuff (lets be honest Disney will probly only ever focus on that era) will always be part of Star Wars

4. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    They're not canon. I think you need to accept the EU just died, being shot in the back of the head. Imagine all those years of stories, just irrelevant in a heartbeat. All those books and comics, completely unreal and cast to one side.

It's the second best thing to happen to Star Wars since Disney saved it from Lucas. The best thing is The Force Awakens.

DanielUK and Life like this.
  5. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    While I share Ender's opinion, it's really up to you what you choose to think. It's inconsequential what you think, so think whatever makes you happy. It's all fiction. Search up a user by the name jp-30 and read his signature. ;) Personally, I find enjoyment in the stories in Star Wars games as alternative reality that I disregard and forget about outside of the game. If the story is good, that is. If it's bad, I also disregard and forget about it outside of the game, but without the enjoyment.

he-guy likes this.
  6. Tobi

Tobi Jedi Master star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    Maybe they pick and chose some things from jedi knights

7. Hev_Tux

Hev_Tux Jedi Knight

Mar 15, 2007
    There was some mention of how the death star plans were stolen in the new cannon and it wasn't kyle katarn :/ he was my favorite EU character but he's gone. I thought TFA was kind of bad actually.

8. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012

[​IMG]

Every so often, we get a new member who wants to restart the canon debate. The EU is dead. Was never canon. Deal with it.

Ender Sai and Life like this.