main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Jedi Library - OC/post-NJO

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Uldir_Fenn, Nov 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uldir_Fenn

Uldir_Fenn Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2004
    Chapter One

The crafted tile floor echoed faintly as a young student?s bear feet slapped it lightly as he slowly paced his way between rows of immense of shelves, filled with vast collections of data recorded onto datacards. The tiers of shelves continued on until the end of the huge hall but hen they extended themselves onto second and third levels. To put it simply, this place contained the entire history of the galaxy from even before the Great War with the Yuuzhan Vong, almost seven centuries ago.
    The student stopped in the centre of the Jedi Library. He stopped to think where he was exactly. The Library was deep within the Academy, which was situated next to the Senate chambers and the Grand Palace on Coruscant, centre of the known universe. In a sense, it seemed right to have such vast amounts of knowledge here. Knowledge was a useful tool and it was right to keep it at the heart of the galaxy.
    Arrt Kuass swept his gaze slowly around the room. Other Jedi students could be seen, studying for tests or simply looking for the pleasure of knowing the past. A few others could be seen; Arrt didn?t know them so he presumed that they were the Keepers of the Library. One of these Keepers saw Arrt?s thoughtful gaze across the scenery of datapads and shelves and approached him.
    ?Good morning to you. May I inquire into what you want from the Library?? said the Keeper as he approached.
    Arrt turned slightly to give the newcomer a full view of his profile. ?I was wondering if I could look through some of your older stuff. Something from the first or second centuries, if that is at all possible.?
    ?Of course. Would this be for work or pleasure??
    ?A bit of both,? replied Arrt.
    The Keeper nodded slightly. ?I see. If you would follow me, I will show you to some suitable texts.?
    The Keeper, with Arrt following a step behind, made her way down one alley of shelves. As they made their way to wherever they were going, Arrt noticed that the shelves were gradually containing older types of datacards. Eventually, the Keeper stopped in front of a row and swung around to Arrt.
    ?Along here you will find everything recorded from the second century. The row behind this one contains information on the first century. Is there any specific type of data that you wish to look at??
    Arrt smiled ?No, not really. Thanks.?
    ?Then I will leave you to it.?
    With that, the Keeper left the same way she had come, leaving Arrt standing alone. At the beginning of the row was a computer console that could be used for giving locations on particular texts and also to show the data selected.
    Arrt ignored this and made his way slowly down the row of datacards. He picked up a datapad at random and read the description of its contents.
    The Tale of Crista Tyusi ? The life and trials of a Bounty Hunter.
    That was all it said but it had Arrt intrigued. He went back to the computer console and inserted the datacard into it. The consoles screen went black then sprung into life, pouring out the data it read off the datacard. Arrt leaned forward selected a chapter at random. Again the text on the screen changed.
    Arrt started to read

~~~~~~

Within the depths of hyperspace hung a ship. Around this ship, star system after star system flashed past as the ship travelled faster than the speed of light. In fact, the ship was moving so fast that it seemed not to be moving at all.
    Inside this ship, two beings stared across the intervening space at each other. One with a look of a person who knows that the inevitable has come. The other with an almost expressionless face but for the look of mild interest in her eyes. Interest in what the other would do as they journeyed through the stars.
    The two sentient beings were both seated at opposite sides of the ships hold. One within the confines of a cage-like structure and seated on a small, wooden stool. The other was on the cold duristeel floor with her back against a wall. Both continued to stare, only taking their eyes off each other to blink.
    The room was quiet, but not without sound. The s

2. Uldir_Fenn

Apr 11, 2004
    I'd appreciate any comments you could offer. Tell me what you think of the fic and how i can improve it in the next chapter.
    Also, LURKERS ARE NOT ALLOWED HERE. POST A COMMENT OR ELSE....

3. Uldir_Fenn

Apr 11, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.