main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub ~*~ The Jedi Order - Guardians of Light ~*~

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Teegirloo, Aug 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Sabith

Darth_Sabith Jedi Master star 4

Oct 17, 2006
    i thought gl stated that was how he believed the force was to include tfu game...granted to rp that would be a pain but i've always viewed it that very few force users could do such acts

2. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Imo, for stuff like that to be realistic, one would have to be at master's level, at least. The Secret Apprentice is an apprentice, hence me being slightly restrained about myriad impossible things that can be done in TFU, and how everything is going to look like. Although the story and the whole idea seem to be very interesting. [face_thinking]

3. Darth_Sabith

Oct 17, 2006
    Oh I agree one of my biggest problems with star wars is how that it seems the more you learn of the force the weaker you become...

Ie: Maul (Knight/Master Level) slain by Obi-wan (a padawon/Knight Level)

Doku (Jedi Master/ Sith Lord) defeated by a Jedi Knight (anikan)

Mace (master) Killed by Anakin (knight)

Palpatine killed by his apprentice (Without the use of the force)

Palpatine killed by a young jedi master Luke

The exile who was knight lvl (regains force connection and defeats 3 SITH LORDS)

Revan kills his old apprentice after only a few months of retraining.

Jacen Solo killed by his sister who didn't study the force really = Jedi Knight kills Sith Lord/ Dark Jedi Master Level.

and I'm sure there are many more

4. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    If he brought a tenth of that to TOTS, he would've ripped Palps in half in thirty seconds flat. Hell, bring any animated Jedi to that fight and Palps would've been a grease stain on the floor.

Sabith, about JINO there... he just plain sucked on every level.

5. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    Thou shalt not mention the sucky one. :p

In other news. I'm bored!

6. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    I'm tired, but I have two days off. So I'm good, too. :)

7. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Well I was waiting on Kahn to post this but he is too busy being bored.:p

Jedi_Allegra and Sinrebirth are now part of the the Jedi Council along with myself and Kahn.

BookExogorth likes this.
  8. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Sabith, that's quite interesting. (Even though Revan was quite powerful from before, he just re-gained his strength and Jacen wasn't that powerful a Sith at all, although it seems that everything he has learned in those 5 years didn't have much influence on his fate in LOTF)

Another example that come into my mind is ROTS scene where the Jedi came to arrest Palpatine. There was 4 of them, all Jedi Masters, all quite powerful, as shown in novels, comics and animated series. And yes, Palpatine is a very capable man, yet these were 4 Masters against one Sith Lord. Doesn't look that believable in the end.
    I don't think LFL really care about the balance of power that much. Especially shown in TCW with Ahsoka.

And any animated Jedi would have survived the Order 66 as well.

BookExogorth likes this.
  9. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    Someone has to be bored so you don't have to be ;)

10. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Any animated Jedi would've ended Order 66. ;)

11. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    The animated Jedi should have taken about a week to end the Clone Wars altogether.

12. Darth_Sabith

Oct 17, 2006
    True the animated jedi where very powerful but at the same time we haven't seen much of Palpatine or dooku as animated.

Oh I'm thinking of doing either a fan fic series called Star Wars: Fall of the Jedi A Omega verse EU (Alternate EU)

It would start with Ep 1. Differances would enclude Obi-wan would have already been a jedi Knight. Qui-gon was never Obi-wan's master instead it was yoda. Of course Anakin would be found in this one but he would be much older (either late teens or early tweenties).

The Clone Wars have already been happening for the last hundred years. Also it would have 3 fractions at war...the Republic, the Confederation and the unknown at the moment.

The republic has been lead by the jedi but there numbers have greatly been reduced. The Confederation who's armies are being lead by cloned jedi/sith. The figure head of this army is none other than Count Dooku.

13. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    I've always wanted to write a fic where Qui-Gon survives TPM and instills young Anakin that which he lost in the intervening years: common kriffin' sense.

"Wait, you're a Sith Lord? The Sith are running the COnfederacy... maybe I shouldn't listen to you..."

14. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    Hey guys, I finally got imagery for Kexx, and I wanted to show it off...

[image=http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a237/blananar/kevmascolcha/kexx_mazinn-2.png]

Yes, I know, he's in black and red and has dark red sabers. There's no rules against that in the Jedi code, and red and black are my favorite colors, so I decided to go with it. Besides, its a good way to fool Sith into thinking you're with them, for a sneak attack...

BookExogorth likes this.
  15. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    [face_thinking] A true Sith would sense the disguise. No malevolence and Dark Side coming from the subject. Like in the newest KOTOR comic, #32. Zayne is too good and too awesome, even with the Sithly eyes to fool anyone.

16. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    I have to disagree with you a bit. It's not that they get weaker, they(especially the Sith it seems) become complacent in their powers and get cocky.

Maul was being extreamly cocky after defeating Qui-Gon when Obi-Wan was hanging by his fingers in that shaft. It was that cockyness that allowed the less trained Obi-Wan to kill him.

Same with Dooku to an extent. He kicked Anakin's butt before so he figured he could do so again without much problem. His cockyness didn't allow him to take into account Anakin was several times stronger and younger so his reflexes would be much faster, his stamina should outlast Dooku's and that he had learned a couple new tricks.

Mace wasn't killed by Anakin, just lost his saber hand to him. It was the fall from Palps' office window thanks to his Force lightning that killed him.

Palps was so focused on slowly killing Luke that he didn't pay attenion to Vader. He was so confident that Vader was his lapdog that being betrayed didn't cross his mind. He was cocky. Vader used physical strength which as we know was augmented by the bionics to kill him which is quite plausable.

The cloned Sidious stuff to me is like NJO and beyond is to Striker. It doesn't exist. :p

Jacen deactivated his saber which allowed Jaina to kill him plus she had some unconventional training by someone who made a living killing Jedi. Plus I don't think that Jacen really believed that his sister would go through with it.

BookExogorth likes this.
  17. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Your right DG, Jacen underestimated Jaina. He didn't think she would kill him, let alone fight him with such tactics that were not common for a Jedi.

18. Darth_Vesper

Darth_Vesper Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 16, 2008
    Yep, three months later still happily...married *chokes on the word*. Even if she still... *traces foot in a circle on the floor* You know what...nevermind. [face_blush]

EDIT: I forgot I had logged into my sock! :eek:

19. FireJade

FireJade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2005
    Might that be related to my sig? If so, he and Mara pretended to be pretending to be themselves in Betrayal... :p

So, what is this thread all about? It sounds interesting, but I haven't seen the "previous" thread...

20. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    I LOVED THAT! :D
    Especially when this guy tells him that he is too short to be Luke. [face_laugh]

It was a really nice homage to fans and conventions. :) :p

Edit: spelling, sorry

21. Darth_Sabith

Oct 17, 2006
    Yeah that was a good part in the book...in fact one of the best parts...Legacy was a disappointment for me on all aspects.

I would have like Jacen shake the jedi view of the sith. Have him anounce that he was a sith and remain in the grey. Granted he would still be killing and doing sith like acts but it would be in secret and would be for "the greater good". I also would have like Jacen to be stronger with powers that riviled that of Luke/ Palpatine.

The battle med. was strong when they first introduced it but the next book it was weak I would have liked to see it be something that was like breathing for Jacen. He doesn't have to think to do it. Also I wish they didn't make him go nuts. Plus I believe it would have been cool if Jacen took multiple apprentices to see which was worthy. That way we would still have a fairly powerful villian out there.

I liked the stuff with Ben he is the closest thing I have to a fav character now. I also liked how Luke saw himself falling if he went after Jacen. I would have also liked to see a split in the jedi order where half followed Jacen and half remained with luke. I think they had a lot of potential they just wasted on the entire series. I'm glad Jaina finally got some real character developement but it sounds like they are going to put her back on the back burner though.

I would have loved to see Jacen striped of the force instead of killed, Ben's new lightsaber and maybe Jaina leave the jedi order to "find" herself.

22. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005

That would have been interesting if looking at the evolution of the Sith. Multiple apprentices would lead to creation of group, even if they are ambitious and fight among each other. It would have been one step closer to the One Sith idea. Of course, we now know that the idea and Krayt are much older then JINO, but it'd be very interesting seeing both of them sort of reaching the similar philosophy respectively.

QFT!
    We haven't seen that in a long time and it would be interesting to see how Luke's new Order would deal with all that. But they totally changed Jacen's character which had so much potential, so I don't know how it would have been if he did live.

And speaking of... I started re-reading YJK and all I could think of was "What have you done with Jacen?!?!??!?!" *cry*

:p

Can happen in the future books...

23. Darth_Sabith

Oct 17, 2006
    You know I think I will do a beta verse for Legacy and see what you all think....It won't be near as long that much is for sure but hey it could be fun...

24. FireJade

FireJade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2005
    I like the idea of stripping Jacen of the Force - maybe he can go and think about his life in isolation like Ulic Qel-Droma... and reach some kind of redemption. But Jaina leaving the Jedi Order to "find" herself reminds me a little too much of Jacen in NJO.

25. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    I would've loved for JINO to have tag-teamed Lumiya with Nelani and Ben, personally. Keep a shred of the common sense and decency he had in the YJK. But noooo... *Headdesk*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.