~*~ The Jedi Order - Guardians of Light ~*~

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Teegirloo, Aug 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
  1. Darth_Sabith Jedi Master

star 4
    The EUC is not the place for fanfiction. If you want your friends to give you feedback, provide them a link to an appropriate thread in fanfiction. Thank you.
  2. JediMasterAmanda Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    that's a good story you got Sabith...though the cliffie leaves me wondwering what Ben did
  3. Darth_Sabith Jedi Master

star 4
    Well I'm working on the beta verse as I type now. I might even have a few verse...So far I'm thinking Luke Vs Jacen, Jedi vs Jedi, Sith vs Sith...ect....it should be instrusting to say the least.

4. Teegirloo Force Ghost

star 6
    Welcome FireJade. :) This is a fan club and Jedi Order. We discuss anything dealing with the Jedi and the force particularly the Lightside. We train padawans for those who want to participate in the training program. :)
  5. Amon_Amarth Force Ghost

star 6
    That would work pretty well, imo. And it would fit the character, after his 5 years journey and roaming through the galaxy this could serve as a extension of all that, like a path to achieve greater wisdom. He tries many different Force-techniques, then he tried being a Sith. That didn't work well, neither for him, nor for the rest of the galaxy. So, upon realizing and accepting his failure Jacen goes out there once more, with lots of experience and new knowledge, to seek new paths. Even if he is stripped of the Force. It would make him a hermit, a prophet... I don't know, something epic... ;) But imo, it would work better then killing him.

And welcome. :)
  6. Darth_Sabith Jedi Master

star 4
    Well the story I have so far is Jacen discovers the temple of the Sith'ari. There he discovers sith artificates and sith spirits that make him stronger before. Eventually they leave him and he is completly w/o the force again. But over time he slowly learns that he never lost the force just fail so far that he couldn't feel it any more.

I'm thinking he goes into self exile at that point and over many many years regains his connection. Granted he won't be light but he won't be sith either. I had even figured at one point have Jacen be responisble for the rebirth of the jedi order or maybe a twilight order.
  7. Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost

star 5
    If you make him be responsible for the birth of a Twilight Order, I may just have to scream, at least if you leave his personality from LOTF intact while doing so. IMHO, JINO lacks the brains and common sense to deal with stuff like that. He's the kind that is so simple minded, he just has to settle for black and white. However, I may think otherwise if you do a good job with:

1. Changing his character from an idiotic Gary Stu Sith wannabe to a character that actually has depth, and recognizes his mistakes of the past and isn't afraid to own up to them. Or if you make him like a REAL adult version of the YJK Jacen we all know and love.
    2. Getting the philosophy and beliefs right. If you succeed with #1, I'll assist you with this if and when you want to go that route.
  8. Darth_Sabith Jedi Master

star 4
    We'll the big deal with me is I want him to realize one can never truely be "cut" or "shut out" from the force due to the fact it is connected with everything. He will have alot of learning and I want to have him slowly return to his roots. He will become a more deadly sith to begin with but I want to make him a sith that doesn't out right kill or commit crimes. He convenses others into his beliefs.

I'd like show him having a greater understanding of the force both light and dark. Just he chooses to use both rarely. Yet over time he will see the flaws of the jedi and the sith order and from after MANY MANY years he will slowly establish the twilight order. (Honestly that's what I had wanted from Jacen after NJO)

Yet I must say will he admit his wrongs right away....No...but there will be a point when he finally loses his ablity to sense the force and falls completly that he admits it. I might even have him willing to stand before a trail and have him be exiled or the like not sure.

Regardless he knows that he can NEVER make up for the wrongs he had committed but seeks to prevent other force users from making them.
  9. Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost

star 5
    Actually, I have an idea for the order that he can start. The same order that Kev-Mas is in around 128 ABY (not the Templars, as they are hidden on Zonama Sekot, to the point that not even the locals of Zonama Sekot know about them, even the Magister). I'll help you write it that way if you want - I have plenty of ideas for it.
  10. Darth_Sabith Jedi Master

star 4
    sure sounds like a good idea
  11. Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost

star 5
    Actually, come to think of it, it wouldn't be the Twilight Order I said after all, as that one follows Canon events.

Sorry about the confusion, I was getting ahead of myself. However, I'll still help you with it if you like.

However, lets get talking about more Jedi like stuff. I have a topic.

What do you guys think of use of emotions? I know that probably a large consensus of you would disagree with the Old Jedi Order's stance on this topic, but to what extent?
  12. BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF

star 10
    Hello everyone. :)

I believe that one who use emotions and is able to control them in order to do the right thing is stronger and better off than a Jedi who doesn't use emotion at all.
  13. Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost

star 5
    That's actually what I believe, more or less. And that's me in general, not in or out of character at all, so it applies to both of my characters.
  14. Kahn_Iceay Force Ghost

star 5
    Ditto... In other news Kahn's having a yard sell, Kahn's selling some books. and clothes, and maybe a sword.
  15. JediMasterAmanda Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    dude I wuld love to buy that sword. but unfortunately even if I lived near him I won't have much time to do anything this weekend. I have to be at the high school in four hours and then I'll be gone all day tomorrow
  16. Kahn_Iceay Force Ghost

star 5
    Its not a sword you can run around with, its a display sword, the kind you put on a wall, or use in a costum, cause it sucks. Price tag

$10

i'm selling a group of manga's that would cost 90 dollars new for 75.
  17. Darth_Sabith Jedi Master

star 4
    Well I think it's clear in the jedi order that they refrained from "all" emotion. Thus there is no Emotion part of the code. I think they saw that Love could bring pain which would bring anger, anger to hate, and hate to the dark side. Although I do not believe Luke's order follows the same beliefs (I.E. they are all married).

I also think that one should not be trained as a jedi unless they are already an adult. Lets look at the Jedi order prior to Luke. Filled with padawons and had countless fall to the dark side because they where denied the basics of life and where expected to have no emotions. These Padawons, Knights, and Masters all saw a flaw in the order that the rest of the jedi refused to see.

Then we have Luke who recreates the order not by seeking out force sensitive children but force sensitive ADULTS. As such we have had a few fall but not near as many or as powerful as in the past. There has not been a huge rebirth of sith in Luke's order. Granted you have Kyp, Jaina, and Jacen fall as well as Lukes first true padawon but again they all where younger than adults. In fact it seems Teens have the greatest chance to fall in my mind.

Although I don't consider Jacen a falling as he willing embraced the sith way. It was more of a turning than a falling. Jaina fall but not to far and that was due to the fact she has never truely been able to control her emotions. Even back in YJK she had a hard time with them.

Kyp was posses by Exar Kun, and lets face it he wasn't completly himself and was younger than the rest of the jedi at the time. So to me it would be wise to seek out Force Sensitive adults than children. After all it doesn't seem to take more than four years to be trained to a Knight level. Then about five for Master and that might be over to long really.
  18. Amon_Amarth Force Ghost

star 6
    Hey guys, just to let you know, I won't be online a lot in the next week or so, since I'm back at Uni and RL stuff needs to be sorted.
    Tee, could I continue my training in a week's time or so, since my online time will be limited?
  19. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    Minor Announcement

I have called a meeting between the various Force factions of the SWC and EUC to discuss an RPG concept in the RPF. For those of you who are largely unaware of this, don't worry too much for now, but for those who are, I've decided the best way to act is to send a single representative to what I've termed the 'High Council' meeting, here in the EUC, so we can get things moving, rather than me sending dozens of PM's and getting nowhere for weeks on end.

Please announce who you are representing, when you arrive.
  20. Kahn_Iceay Force Ghost

star 5
    Unless someone else wants to represent the Jedi, I will represent both the Templars and Jedi in this meeting.

*bows*
  21. Teegirloo Force Ghost

star 6
    That's cool Kahn, though I wont be representing at all.
  22. BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF

star 10
    Hello, how are you guys?

Kahn, I would suggest more dispersion of duties.
  23. Kahn_Iceay Force Ghost

star 5
    Kev has taken over as the Templar Representative so I am now just the Jedi Representative.
  24. BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF

star 10
    Thanks for the update.
  25. RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost

star 7
    Sorta natch, there, Bultar. And hello. :)

Yeah, emotions, if used properly, can empower a Jedi. The 'There is no emotion' junk is pretty dumb, IMHO.
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.