main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Jedi Order

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by SkyeLightrider, Jan 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkyeLightrider

SkyeLightrider Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 12, 2003
    Welcome my young Padawans. I am Master Lightrider, and I am trying to find dedicated Jedi to which I can apprentice. I am also looking for Masters to help establish a Jedi Council. Look this forum up and let's see if you are strong enough in the Force

2. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    Greetings and peace to you Lightrider,
    Tell me about this place.
    I'm Jedi Knight Jauhzmynn. I hang around the Lightsider's Temple.:)
    Whata's new?

3. SkyeLightrider

Jan 12, 2003
    Welcome to a more unorthadox forum. Here we will talk Jedi, all the time. We will explore the Force, both light and dark, living and cosmic. We will talk lightsabers and preferred styles of fighting. This forum will prove that the Jedi are real, and that we walk among those not attuned to the force, and we will protect them.

4. CptCorranHorn

CptCorranHorn Jedi Master star 5

Oct 16, 2002
    I'm here to work with you, for the Jedi.

5. Jedi_Loon

Jedi_Loon Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 15, 2002
    *Walks into temple...bows*

I have come to rejoin the Jedi Order.

6. SkyeLightrider

Jan 12, 2003
    Jedi_Loon. Welcome. You are most welcome in the Jedi Order.

Now, today's first lesson: What is the Force? Many know of the classic division of the Force into the light and dark, represented by the Jei knights and the Lords of the Sith, respectively. This is an important basis of the struggles of the Order. It is also WRONG. The Force is much more than simply light and dark. The Force has no consciousness, no morals; it cannot discern by itself a light side and a dark side. It is only it's usage that determines the path a Jedi has taken. The light side Jedi realize that the Force is not a tool to be wielded, but more of a companion. The Force is there to help us when needed, and it also allows us to discover more about our galaxy, and about ourselves. The Jedi who do not see this fact are doomed to walk the dark path, to use the Force merely as a tool. How sad the life of the Sith must be.

More on the Force next time.
    Master Lightrider

7. DarhtLord_Sidious

DarhtLord_Sidious Jedi Youngling

Dec 12, 2002
    Hi,
    I hope I'm not to late. I can use some help in the Force. Certainly when Light and dark work together. I want to be a apprentice, please. And may the Force be with you!

8. MASTER-LARGOS

MASTER-LARGOS Jedi Youngling

Nov 22, 2002
    Me too! Hello fellow jedi's. I hope I'm not to late either.
    I'm Jedi Master D'alljulio Largos. Master Lightrider, I read you could juse some help of other Jedi- Masters. Here I am, if you like, I want to have the ` job'?
    So again, I hope I'm not to late and you can stille juse some help!

May the Force be with you Too, Sidious. But everyone els too, of course!

9. SkyeLightrider

Jan 12, 2003
    well, Mr. Sidious, I normally wouldn't accept a dark jedi as a member of the Order. However, I fell into the dark side once before, so I welcome you to the Order. Be warned though, the training is hard and demanding.

On another note, I am working on making The Jedi Order a website as well. All Knights of the Order will be on the Website, and all the lessons (which you all can contribute too!) will be up there, eventually. More info when the site is up!

May the Force be With You

10. SkyeLightrider

Jan 12, 2003
    hi Largos. Welcome! I assume you are a light Jedi, but we will see.

Master Lightrider

11. Anakin_Solo02

Anakin_Solo02 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 3, 2002
    i am a jedi knight, and i will join you in your quest.

12. SkyeLightrider

Jan 12, 2003
    Master Lightrider here. Time for part two of the lesson on the Force.

We have established that the Force is not in itself split into the light side and the dark side. It only takes users of the Force to establish that distinction. So, does the Force have divisions in it? Turns out the answer is yes. There are two distinct aspects of the Force, and most Knights are attuned more strongly to one over the other. The first is the unifying Force. This is the Force of the cosmos, what binds the universe together. Every single object, living and nonliving, is part of the unifying Force. The unifying Force is also responsible for such things as destiny. It is the big picture, the way to see everything.
    The other form of the Force is the living Force, of course only found within the organics of our universe. This is the Force that gives meaning to life. The living Force is mostly used in the Jedi's life as a form of union. The living Force is what causes compassion, friendship, even love. For most, the living Force is the one Jedi are more attuned to. Personally, I am a big picture, cosmic Force user. In terms of famous Jedi, Yoda and Obi-Wan are aligned with the cosmic Force, while Qui-Gon and Jacen Solo are living Force adepts.

Next lesson coming soon!
    also, I am working on The Jedi Order website. I will need a member list of all my Jedi, so send bios to my email address brogers@mines.edu definitely of your persona, and at your discretion the real you as well. I look forward to our continuing The Jedi Order!
    Master Lightrider

13. CptCorranHorn

CptCorranHorn Jedi Master star 5

Oct 16, 2002
    We are lucky to have such a wise Master with us.

And noone is turning to the dark on my watch ;)

14. Lank_Pavail

Lank_Pavail Jedi Knight star 7

Sep 26, 2002
    (walks in, ooks around)

Quick question: Will this place put itself in competition with the Lightsiders?

15. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.