main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The Jedi Path/Book of Sith

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Mister_Master, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Yeah, I've got it preordered for £23, which for 2 deluxe hardbacks slipcased ain't bad.

2. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    What I'm curious about is if there's anything new in that re-release. Because I heard the eBook version of the Jedi Path has a few extras.

As soon as they release the Bounty Hunter's Code by itself I'll be getting it and have it stand proudly next to my other Star Wars reference books. Hoping to see more of these types of books down the like, like the pilot's manual that was suggested earlier.

Any other possible ideas?

3. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
  4. Sir Chem

Sir Chem Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 26, 2013
    In a Pilot handbook, they could discuss hyperspace travel, entering/exiting atmosphere, space combat, etc. I would have loved these kinds of books when I was a kid!

They might be able to make a Rebel/Imperial handbook, though I don't know what they could put in it. I can't think of anything else...

5. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012

I liked the idea of a Senators guide. Though not just for Imperial Senators.

First part for Old Republic Senators, representatives, and other politicians. Second part for Imperial Senators. Third part for New Republic Senators, or whatever the ST has in store for us.

6. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    We clearly need a Smuggler's Codex.

7. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    One which lists all of Roa's Rules, maybe.

The Han Solo Adventures trilogy, the Han Solo Trilogy, etc have some - but it would be nice to see the full list.

8. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    No, no, you don't....

[​IMG]

9. Sir Chem

Dec 26, 2013
    I want to say yes to this, but I just don't think it would work. Star Wars is a family affair, and these books are aimed at kids first. "How to hide your spice" "Best way to keep slaves quiet" Not stuff I'd want my child reading.

Remember, not all smuggler's are Jerks with a heart of gold. A pilot's handbook would cover much of the same stuff, without having to be to sketchy. Roa's rules could definitely be included if it was a pilot/spacer's handbook.

10. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Ooh! Ooh! Call it "The Bureau of Ships and Services Guide to the Spaceways!"

If Dan Wallace or anyone from Lucasbooks is reading, I give up all legal rights to the title if used. Just make it happen!

11. Sir Chem

Dec 26, 2013
    Sounds good! I would want Dan Wallace to write it, though, since I loved what he did in The Jedi Path. I do hope this happens, since the spacer type character is one of the most obvious "classes" in Star Wars.

12. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    [​IMG]

Jedi Ben and Zer0 like this.
  13. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011

A family affair that deals with sith rituals and murder lol i'm quite sure they could find some way to make it work.

14. Sir Chem

Dec 26, 2013
    I've only read the Jedi Path, so I don't know how graphic the others are. They might do it, who knows? Who would write in it, I wonder? Han, of course, and maybe Hera from the new show, and of course Talon Karrde, but who else? They only need a few. (And they all need to have owned the book, right?)

15. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011

Yeah the book has to have passed hands, like a library book that every person wrote notes in. Han, Talon Karrde, Lando, and Jorj Car'das are 4 must haves, maybe even Chewbacca too. The point of these is that they have inserts from people going back through the years though, so we'd need more than just smugglers in the current era.

Iron_lord likes this.
  16. Sir Chem

Dec 26, 2013
    They could always make someone up. I know he didn't first appear in the book, but I had never heard of Thame Cerulian before The Jedi Path. It didn't bother me, though. They could also use Roa, from the Solo Trilogy.

Iron_lord likes this.
  17. tal0nkarrde

tal0nkarrde Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 1, 2005
  18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Beside the quote below, do the Book of Sith mention the Seyugi Dervishes?

"The Ailon Nova Guard, the Nikto Morgukai and the Seyugi Dervishes have all elevated combat into an art form."
    ―Darth Bane, The Rule of Two
    On a personal not; I am a bit surprised by Bane's comment, since how the Dervishes were presented in Coruscant and the Core Worlds they don’t seems to have anything that a sith would find interesting. The sith should already be able to do everything the Seyugi Dervishes can do and do it better.​
    Alos I am also surprised that they have existed for so long in a form that made them noticed by Darth Bane

19. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    My set has arrived! [face_party]

Bit smaller than I expected but still a very nice pair of hardbacks, slipcased plus 2 exclusive art prints.

Oh yeah and no Legends tag on it anywhere!

Zorrixor and Darth Xalfrea like this.
  20. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    Anything in them that is not in the two books standalone? I've heard some bits at how e-book versions of one or two of them have additional content.

21. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Just the two art prints + slipcase from what I can see.

22. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Does this mean I can be a complete troll and insist that they must therefore be canon due to the lack of a tag? :p

Darth_Garak likes this.
  23. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    You can try it.