main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Jedi should be able to use the force around ysalamari

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jag_Fel, Jan 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jag_Fel

Jag_Fel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2002
    Think about it, the force covers all of space and is not bound by time and place, so all the Jedi should have to do is draw upon the force from some other time when the Ysalamari weren't there. Unless, the Ysalamari leave a permanent field.

2. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    the force covers all of space and is not bound by time and place

I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about. To draw electricity, you have to be able to tap it; having a cord is no good if you have nothing to plug it into, even if there's plenty of electricity to go around. In an area where the Force is being pushed back, you can't draw it.

Although, personally, I don't see how anyone could even live inside a force-void.

3. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    ysalimari are weird, Going by the official source, they make a void in the force but can use the force to sense things from inside that bubble. The vornskrys use the force to hunt the ysalimari. Strange system all around.

4. Jag_Fel

Jag_Fel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2002
    The force is not electricity, and you don't need to plug something in for it to draw power.

And good point about not existing in a force void, I mean, if your midi-chlorians can't work, how do you?

And a side note, shouldn't the Ysalamari themselves create the force?

5. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    I interpret the Ysalamari as such :

They emit some kind of wave that stun the midichlorians while in range, thus rendering the midi-bearer blind from the Force.

6. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Hmm, interesting way of looking at it...

7. HandofTrawn

HandofTrawn Jedi Youngling

Nov 29, 2001
    no offense to Jag, but i think this is one of those topics that just needs to be laid to rest for what it is and not taken anymore in depth then it needs to be...once again this is not a bash on him personally, i see it all the time on here

8. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Prince Xizor has the correct interpretation.

9. palpatineson

palpatineson Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 7, 2001
    I agree. PrinceXizor really does have a nice interpretation of the ysalimari.

My interpretation of them is Zahn needing a helper on how to hold off jedi so he created these things because he can't get more creative, IMO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.